Old 03-05-2004, 11:35 PM   #31  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Trying to catch me.......lol
The veggies were broccoli and cauliflower, both allowed and the carbs in the dressing was 5 ( I asked) lol
I am on South Beach which is not like Atkins. I can have carbs in my veggies, but I can only have certain veggies.
And seafood is allowed during lent just no meat.

mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:06 AM   #32  

Penny, sounds like you had a great meal! I tried SB for a while, but I guess I wasn't dedicated enough. I've been doing WW and did great for a month, lost 11lbs, then found out I was preg. first of Feb, had a miscarriage end of Feb and I'm struggling to get back on track. You def. have to get your mind on track no matter what diet you are on. Congrats to you for doing so well tonight!

Spryng, I did watch 48 hrs. It had a lot of good information in it. Did you see the house that the Subway guy live in? Talk about good fourtune! I guess I could go to McDonalds and eat 2 Jr. burgers a day and small frie and still be in my points, huh? I wonder if they would give me a commercial? LOL!! (did I spell that right?) I guess that's not a very healthy way to lose weight though. Oh well, I can dream for a moment, right? Dh will be gone Sat-Mon and then will be given orders to when he will go to Detroit. Hope you sleep well!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:54 AM   #33  

Avoided the late night snack and drank my water. Spryng, I watched the 48 hr special. I think it was great how the Seinfeild guy did it the right way. Of course he had personalized meals, trainer, and the like. The gastric bypass thing scared me, I never want myself to be at that point. I do agree that you can get too much fat with the Atkins. I think the WW link you sent it a good program with low fat, low carb. I told DH that there is no way our whole family is going to have a weight problem, like that chef guy. This low carb dieting thing is actually good. It is more like it singles out people that are not on a diet, who would have ever thought dieting was such a popular craze. Hopefully the end result will be a healthy America. I need to run for president now. Ha!

Penny - Dinner sounds great. My mom did approve of the menu. She actually ate dinner. The crazy thing is that when we go to her house she cooks all this fatty stuff and she says she cooks healthy than us. It figures. I try not to get too upset. She is a good mom and really help out with the baby.

As far as the ff ranch, Atkins and South Beach say to use the full fat version of italian, casear, or oil and vinegar, etc. I have been reading labels so long that it is hard for me to look at the fat content and actually enjoy it. I use the Light Done Right Dressing, more carbs than reg, but less than ff ranch. The light ones are a bit salty though. When I am out in a restuarant I usually get the reg once and put them on the side. I have been eating ff for so long it is really hard to change.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 08:21 AM   #34  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Melinda,
Thanks for the info. Well I guess the ff ranch didn't hurt anything b/c my scale was down another 1.5 # this morning, 173. I know you are not suppose to weigh every morning but I do and have been for years now.

I usually use light done right or just two good dressing at home. I guess I should have ordered vingarette. Guess I will know for next time

What is everyone doing this weekend? Anything planned?
My hubby is working all day and I am thinking about going to get my groceries this morning and leaving the kids at my mil's. Give me a little break. Andrew has only stay there 3 times for one hour each time. He never leaves my side.

Anyhow, I think after I get groceries I might take the kids to go do something. Chuck E Cheese's is too far away but we have a mock place just like it 10 minutes away.

Have a great day,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Penny, I don't know anything about the SB diet, obviously, lol, so forget what I said, sounds like you were right on target with your plan and lost weight too!! Congrats on the 1.5 gone! I used to weigh in every day too and I think as long as you know your body will flucuate day to day then you will do fine. I don't have anything planned for the weekend, except catching up on my laundry. We actually have the sun out today so maybe the kids will want to play in the backyard. I have alot of housework to do that I've been putting off.
Melinda, I agree with you about that seinfield guy. I think how he lost weight was so great, but yeah, seeing that he gets all his food made for him and a personal trainer doesn't make it realistic for the rest of us. I wish someone would bring me my meals! lol. But I think everyone should try the "old fashioned way" to lose weight before doing surgery. My MIL really needs the surgery though. She is 360 lbs and it's literally killing her. But she makes excuses and won't try anything.
Andrea, your mind will get there again and you'll get back on track with WW. Just give it time. Did you gain back those 11 lbs you lost? And I thought that was funny with Jared's apartment being 100 steps away from the subway, how convenient!!! And he saved alot of money by eating only subway twice a day, did you see all that food he was eating before subway??? That must have cost him a fortune to keep up. McDonalds needs somebody to lose weight by just eating their food, they are being hit so hard right now with bad media and such. Did you hear that they are going to do away with super sizing?? No more 44 oz drinks and super sized fries. I saw it on the world news the other night. I think it is dumb. Mcdonalds isn't making anyone fat, the people who order it is choosing to gain weight along with their unhealthy lifestyle, mcdonalds isn't to blame. When I have flex points I enjoy a big mac with super sized fries on occasion. It's funny though because after I saw that segment I called my DH and he was very upset about it, he loves to super size, so he had to pull over at the next mcdonalds and order some, lol. I'm glad fast food has become more health conscious, but at the same time if they pull things from their menu they are taking away our power to choose, you know? We don't want to be forced to order a salad and a water.. sometimes we want a super sized fry and drink to go with our greasy burger!!! JMHO. lol
ok, well... I guess my time has come to get off of here, get me some breakfast and get going on this house. I'm going to try and stay off the computer until nap time, so I'll talk with you all later!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 11:37 AM   #36  

Spryng - My dh was telling me about this man that ate McDonalds every day for a month and gain 40lbs. His health was awful and it took him a year to lose it. I think he is making a show or suiing. It is awful that this is what the world has come to.

When I was preg, I craved the McDonalds cheesburger with ketcup and that pickle and fries of course. I don't know if that was a craving or just b/c I never really eat them. At least I would get the kids meal though. I actually get the kids meal everytime we do fast food. I don't know how much healthy, but it doesn't make it seem so bad.

Did aerobics at the gym this morning. Took JW and he was just staring at this little girl his age, so cute. Love at first site. Riding lawn mower needs new wheels, so my DH is push mowing the yard. I should intentionally break the riding one, so he will get the exercise, but I miss the extra time that it takes him.

Happy Saturday. Just visiting family today.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #37  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon all,

The problem with super sizing is that we americans eat way too much at one sitting....portions have become 2-5 times what they should be. Order a steak in a restaraunt or chicken and see how large of a serving you get. Your meat serving should be the size of the palm of your hand...not your whole hand or more. I for one am glad that McDonald's is doing away with super sizing. I'll get off my soap box now

Melinda, the guy who ate all the McDonalds was makinga documentary about it. I don't know if he ended up suing or not. Congrats on the aerobics! Glad Mom liked your dinner.

Penny congrats on the loss!! Keep up the good work!!

Spryng, I hate aerobics myself. The only reason I bought the Denise Austin was because she used the step. I have a step that's just sitting there getting dusty. The original video that came with it broke....but I don't know if I can stand her enough to use it . Today I did the 3 mile WATP.

Tonight we're meeting friends at a Chinese buffet. I'm only going to fill my plate once and not go back for seconds. I'll choose items that have lots of chicken or veggies in it and try to avoid the fried stuff. I will allow myself a crab rangoon or two . We hardly ever go out to eat so this will be a treat for me.

I saw the end of the 48 hourse special last night...the part with Jared. When I was in college I barely had any money. How the heck could he afford to eat all that food and also to eat Subway twice a day...oh yes, daddy is a doctor!! But I like him and I love Subway so I won't be jealous of his nice big house

Andrea, I know you'll get yourself back on the WW plan when you're ready. When Dh goes to Detroit how often will he be able to get home? Congrats to him on completing the training.

Well, nothing else new. Went on a diaper run to Walmart this afternoon...that place is too nuts on the weekends!

Hello and sorry to anyone I missed. Have a great rest of the day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:10 PM   #38  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all! Just a quickie. I am working and then I'm going over to my Mom's. DH has been over there working on the cook trailer as they have a "Pig Pickin'" contest next weekend. I have been doing super bad on my eating this week!!! We went to Mexican for lunch and I ate a week's worth of cheese. I've been eating way too much cooked food also. So, tomorrow I am back on plan. I think I am 1 week pre-TOM and that it is affecting my eating. Anyhows, just wanted to say hey to all and I will try to get more personal lately. Oh, I did want to say, I got a Denise Austin Kickboxing video and I am ready to sell it!!! I do not like her either!!! I do love Leslie Sanson and Mari Winsor though!!! My legs are soooo sore from my WATP's so hopefully they are toning. They look as flabby as ever!!!

Oh, and I saw Radio last night. Wonderful movie!!! It is not a "sad" movie. It has a few sad things in it but it is really a feel good movie and it was filmed here in SC. The events occurred in Anderson, SC but I think the filming was done in Walterboro. Anyways, I highly recommend it.

Ok, well I'll try to get personal later. Hope everyone is having a good day.
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #39  

Hey Ya'll!

Spryng, you crack me up with the story of Dh having to stop a McDonalds to get him a supersized meal after you told him they were going to phase it out! I really like to eat a McDonalds and if I get a reg. hamburger and small fries with a diet coke (I know some of you would scold me for the diet coke ) it's only 11 or 12 points. I know it's not as much food as a combo meal but it's all about portion control. But if you have flex points for the biggie, I say go for it and enjoy!!! I weighed this morning and was at 158 lbs. I'm happy that I haven't gained any and will stay OP this week! I want to see some more weight gone!!

Geri, I agree with you on Denise Austin. She's a little to perky for me! I don't know how often Dh will be able to come home. He will get his schedule on Monday. The good thing is I can fly for $20-$25 dollars round trip anywhere NorthWest goes. So, if it's been a while, I guess I can go see him!

Melinda, good for you doing your exercises this morning. Sometimes I use Sat. as an excuse not to do anything. Glad JW has a little friend to play with.

Penny, hope your grocery shopping went well!

Just had a friend ring my door so I'll will check back later!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Andrea, I love my diet drinks. I only have them on the weekends but they are my one vice (ok, I do have a few other vices I won't bring up, lol) but I think they are fine as long you get your water in too. So glad to hear your weight stayed the same this week! Everyone is doing so well lately. I see us all being at our goal and not knowing what to talk about in a few months... ok I know we have lots of other things to jabber about.
Candy, what is a pig pickin contest? Is it catching pigs or a big pig roast or somthing? Sounds like fun though. I hope you are able to get back OP tomorrow, it's really hard to do when TOM strikes. We are here for you! And I am so glad you told me about Radio. I kept thinking it would be a movie that would tear my heart out so I've been avoiding it. So glad to know it's not that sad.
Geri, you crack me up!! lol. You are definitely in the majority on your feelings about super sizing because that is why they are doing away with it. And yes, I think the public has forgotten what a normal portion is because we haven't seen one served to us in forever. Enjoy your chinese tonight!! It's one of my favorite cuisines but I just can't stay away from all the bad things on the buffet so I try to avoid them right now. It is another one of my vices, lol. But I'm sure you will have a great time with your friends!!
Melinda, congrats on getting your workout in this morning!! Sounds like JW has found a friend there! too cute. I plan on getting some pilates in tonight myself. I plan on doing at least 30 min.
Well what is everyone having for dinner? I know what Geri is having, yum! I had spaghetti with morningstar farms crumbles in the sauce along with some fresh mushrooms and two slices of garlic toast. Hit the spot.
I folded one big basket of clothes this morning and have many more to go so I guess I'll drag my basket in the living room and fold while trying to find something to watch on tv. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:10 PM   #41  
soontobethin

starting a new thread. see you there
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote