Old 03-11-2004, 07:16 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down chit Chat # 35

Welcome everyone ~

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you pull up a chair and join us?

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:22 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I forgot what was said on # 34, so you'll have to excuse me for not posting individuals tonight.

Things went fine in court - no nasty siblings showed to mess things up, lol.

Susan, I got your card, and your Gaby is adorable!! Thank you for the card and the picture. I just love getting mail!

My St. Paddy's Day cards are in the mail!

See you later,
Jana
Old 03-11-2004, 07:38 PM   #3  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Cristi,

I solved my remote problem once and for all. I got a sturdy coat hanger from Wal_mart (freebie--I asked for it) and used ecletrical tape to tape all four remotes onto the arms of the coat hanger. I have two per side, and the black blends in well with the remotes. It hangs on the bedframe, but could just as easily hang on a doorknob in the living room. Its huge, so hard to lose, it hangs for easy access, and the curve in the bottom of it sits nicely on my waist if I am lying dowm watching the tube. We were always losing our remotes, but since this have yet to lose them even once.

Jana,

I'm glad things went so well at court.

Could I have all of you PM me your addresses so I can enter them into my PDA in one convenient location? I'm scatterbrained and lose things all the time, but if I create a category in my palm pilot I'll be set for life. *grin*

I was exhausted when I got home from the hospital today. It was a very busy day and I ran around all day so all I wanted to do was take a long nap. What I actually did was drag myself (and the kiddo) to the gym and do a solid workout. NOW I get that nap.

On a tangent, I wonder if the software here still does funny things to certain words. There's one way to test it. I got myself a pretty little kittywillow plant the other day and it looks delightful in the kitchen. Now, if that comes out "vaginawillow" instead of p u s s y w i l l o w we'll know the software still parses. That made for some VERY funny conversations back in the old days of the site. *lol*
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

I probably should have replied to the other post and then copied it over to here.....but I didn't.

The weather is absolutely beautiful!! Love it. And as you would know it....I have a little cold!! It's terrible to feel worn out, stressed, fat, grimey, all on a beautiful sunny day!!!

I didn't go to Ross today after school.....I had to go home and catch up on last minute homework. I feel relieved knowing this term is almost over. Big load off my shoulders.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I will yap later when I'm feeling better.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:44 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Jana & Kat--

I just noticed you two online!! Just thought I would say hi!!

Ok...now to go plop onto the couch and sleep!! OH!! I suppose I should do that homework I was talking about!!!! For goodness sakes!!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:48 PM   #6  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Hmmm...sleeping seems to be on our minds tonight.
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:28 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Evening All~

Jana~so glad everything went fine today in court.

Kat~Too funny! That's all I will say-not touching that one! I don't even like saying the "p" word. Great idea about the remotes. WTG on choosing to go to the gym instead of taking a nap Now you can go sleep and sleep good.

Marti~Sorry you are feeling a bit under the weather-go to bed and get some rest. When do you get out for spring break?

I also mailed my cards-this morning. I mailed Angie's yesterday, thinking it would take longer and was going to wait a couple of days to mail the others until I looked at the calendar. I did not realize it was the 11th-don't know where my head is at. Well, ladies I am going to get outta here and see if there is a good movie on. I usually watch CSI but I think it is a rerun-love that show. Take care ladies and have a good night.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:41 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Hi,
Just a pop in from work.

Sorry you aren't feeling well Marti, take care!! Tomorrow is TGIF, if that helps.

Sending my congrats also for making it to the gym , Kat!! That is really good..

I didn't make my walk today but did drink water & and ate healthy.My ex made Cod for dinner and I had some, was a nice change.

You are welcome for the card Jana I like getting stuff in the mail also I hope to get a picture taken with me and all the girls, I think they all look so different. Need to fix up a room for Gaby, she has always slept with me, I enjoy it a lot but probably is time to wean her away.Also I figure if I miss her I can just go sleep in her room.

Hi Cristi ......thanks for sharing your *love story* also

So, I went shopping today....lol Just at Goodwill but got some cute stuff. I bought some denim capris for 4.99 and a Columbia Sportswear blouse for the same price.........some of those Mootsie Tootsie........blah,blah.......I forget the brand but I bought some nice brown slip ons for 4.99.......I think everything was 4.99.....lol. oh, some Eddie Bauer shorts for ............4.99.....I think I spent 29.99 - total.
I like the capri's & the blouse so much I might wear that for my "Alex meeting"....
We just exchanged 1 or 2 emails on his last one he asked if he could call at work , only to send another one saying he was sorry.........what was he thinking, he shouldn't call me at work........I thought it was cute.He is nice.

I better go, need to get Gab's

Miss you Shanna,Kayecee,Katie,Rita.......hope to see you posting soon

Night

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-11-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:34 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Kat - that's a cool way to keep track of your remotes. When Katie was 2, we looked and looked for the remote and the next day finally asked her if she knew where it was... she nodded her head and pointed to the trash can in the kitchen... which was empty because the trash men came that morning. Back then you had to order a remote from company who made your TV. Major pain in the patooty!!

Marti - hope you are feeling better today. Does your Spring break start next week?

Cristi - I know what you mean - time is just flying! Mary and Dale love CSI, but I can't get CBS w/o rabbit ears so we don't get to watch it. Did you find a good movie to see?

Susan - Mary slept w/me til she was almost 3 and I had such a hard time getting her out of my bed! Cod is good! I've been buying Tilapia fish, and it is very good, too. A nice mild white fish that bakes fast. I would for sure be buying some of my stuff at Goodwill but they don't have much to offer in plus sizes.

Angie - how did the interview go? I'm pulling for you!!!!

We are having a typical Spring - cold one day, warm the next. I am hoping it will be warm enough today to hang my sheets on the line outside.

My son has asked Gina and the kids to move in with him and is now having some stress about it. He knows how important it is, for the kids' sake, to keep things smooth and to not be moving the kids again once they get used to being there. Even though they are not his biological kids, he really loves them - maybe more than he loves Gina. Time will tell, I guess. Anyway, they have been painting and putting up border and she is really giving the place a woman's touch.... it looks real nice.

I've been OP all week, and hope to see a nice loss tomorrow!

TTFN,
Jana
Old 03-12-2004, 12:07 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Hi Jana,

Sounds like you have a nice son. My older brother was very close to his girlfriends children.They did get married but divorced after a few years.He still see's the kids.

I am sure they will be fine. Huge change for him actually living with them all...lol

Tomorrow is my weigh in , I just hope for my pound weight loss ....lol. Just putting along. It did take me 17 months to lose 110 after all......does seem like a long time, it went fast though.

Blah,blah...........I don't feel good, eating mustard pretzels to calm my stomach.

TTYL
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:33 PM   #11  
RAR

Good afternoon ladies just woke up and thoght I would pop in hope that everyone is having a great day really cold out today makes me not want to go out Susan you shop where I do you really got good bargains!!!!!!!!!well have a great weekend have to work so everyone else enjoy Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:46 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Default T.g.i.f.

Hello Ladies

Susan~I never let the kids sleep with us when they were small, although Jason tried. He would get up every night and try to get in bed with us-I always took him to his bed. Of course if it was up to their dad they all would have slept with us. When their dad was killed I started letting them sleep in bed with me-I just felt that they needed to be close to me at that time. Of course I couldn't sleep with them all in the bed-and that only lasted a few months-about 4 I think. They were almost 11 (Jason was a month from his 11th when this happened) 9 1/2 & 7 1/2. I am going to have to check out the Goodwill here, we have one about 6 blocks from us. The only time I have been in there was to fill out an application-but it looked like it had A LOT of nice stuff. You are getting way too many bargains-I'm getting jealous! LOL

Jana~again I didn't find a movie. I thought CSI was a rerun, well it was, but one I hadn't seen. Then watched Without A Trace-I really like both these shows. Normally I watch fox from 9:30-12:30, unless I fall asleep. Which here lately has happened. I wake up about 2:30 with the tv on. I think that is cool about your son, he sounds like a GREAT guy. I like that he treats the kids as his own as do you. You are a wonderful grandma. Not many people do that. My brother had a couple of girlfriends that had a son and to us they were family. My mother treated them like her grandchildren even though they were just living together. I wish I could say the same about my in-laws. They haven't excepted me or my kids and I think that is sad. But it stems from the busy-body Aunt who seems to run the family-no kidding.

Hi Rita glad to see ya poppin' in.

Angie~hope the interview went well yesterday. Have you heard any news on the house?

Marti~hope you are feeling better today.

Hi Kat, Katie, Shanna & Kayecee Are we going to have to hunt you down Kayecee & Shanna??? We haven't seen you ladies in a while, hoping things are fine with you.

Well another nice day in my little corner of the world. I have been watching them throw the house together at the end of the cul-de-sac-WOW! I cannot believe how fast they build these houses. There was nothing but a basement Monday and now they are almost finished with the whole frame, walls included. Cracks me up though that they are going to put in two houses at there-they are going ot be close. It's kind of cool watching it though. I love stuff like that. Vince and I watch a lot of the do-it-yourself type shows together and I think in my other life I was a construction worker. I always thought it would be cool to actually build a house with my own bare hands. I am glad though that he does stuff like that-between the two of us we get a lot done that most people hire others to do-like build a fence and we enjoy doing it. Okay, I am babbling...I am going to go for a walk on the treadmill even though it is beautiful outside. I don't like walking in the wind. Need to get some water drank. We got the weight stuff down in the basement last night. Just need to put a couple things together on it. That's about all I have planned for the day, besides laundry but I think that is a given on most days unfortunately.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Friday!

Old 03-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I got the job...and am just heading over to get the paper work, will be starting work Tuesday I think.
I went and got my hair cut this morning...ummmm can you say short? OMG I am almost bald...what was she thinking?
We did start off the day with beautiful weather but now a storm is coming in...yay!
I will do indiviuals later...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:41 PM   #14  
self portrait

Default Yep, I am still alive and kicking

Well, I haven't posted on this thread in quite some time, so I thought I would pop in for a minute or two. With all the stress of having no job, no money, and the threat of living on the street, I have not really felt like getting on the computer alot. Nothing against you sweet ladies, I just don't feel like doing much extra these days. I do read all your posts, so I don't completely lose touch, but my attention span doesn't go farther than that. I realize I am making myself sound like a total flacky nutcase, but I am just having a rough time in my life right now. If it weren't for my family, my sweetie and my best bud marti, I might have to be put in a padded room Not really, but it feels like that sometimes.

Susan: thank you so much for the cute card and adorable picture. It brought a smile to my face and I enjoyed it. Good job on the weight loss progress. I am always proud of people that can actually lose something. I swear that marti and I need to visit one day since we live so close together. One of these days......

Marti: I hope you are feeling better and are gearing up for our scrapbooking day tomorrow. Load up on the zinc and vitamin C, liquids and rest. Listen to me missy!!! Don't make me drive down there with some Chicken Noodle Soup and Chocolate. However, knowing your good man James like I do, you don't need me to mother you and take care of you. But, it is nice to be bossy once and awhile. hee hee hee

KAYECEE: Where are you girl??? Did my posting my pic scare you so much that you are hiding in fear in your arkansas closet?? Come on out and get your picture and you fingers on this board missy!! I guess I am just in a bossy mood today or something.

Well, I better get going since I ran out of steam and can't think of anything else to say. But at least everyone knows now that I am not dead or anything.
Hello to Jana, cristi, Kat, Angie, Rita and the rest. Nice to read that everyone is doing pretty good. Thanks for all the praise on my babies pictures. I think they are both pretty wonderful and loving too. Chow for now
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Just a quick hi ladies

Wanted to CONGRATULATE you Angie on getting the job!!!

Shanna~nice to see ya posting. Sorry to hear about you not feeling up to par, just know we are here for you anytime you want to vent. And sometimes getting on the computer for a few minutes will do you good-take your mind off things for a few minutes anyway.

Susan & Jana~almost forgot to wish you ladies good luck on your weigh-ins in the morning. Sending some good vibes your way. :

Hope everyone is having a great evening. I am outta here...