Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #31  
kitty Momo

Hi Rita & Kat,

Sorry you are not feeling well Kat.You made it to the gym though!! Wow.....I am impressed.What kind of things do you do there?? I know exercise......duh, but I guess I am asking on what..........lol.
Yes, I talk like this in person.....

I didn't even mail his photos out today.I will try and get it done tomorrow.He bought me this ring for Christmas,think I should give that back to him?? It was from WalMart.....$80, I think.It was a present,and its not like I haven't spent that much in telephone calls.Pooh........I am keeping it.lol

Hi Rita..........yep, that is what moms are for!!! lol.....I took Beck to the mall. I picked up 2 silk blouses, 50% off!!! and some walking socks, 50% off.......actually that was the sale today.....50% off sale.ANYway....Beck wanted to go to Hot Topics so she could get a Happy Bunny T-shirt...I think it said something like "Yes, I am listening to you. I just don't care".....lol.

I better get to work!! Oh, Cristi. I did get your new addie today in the mail, very cute!! Thanks.

Better get to work!!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:55 AM   #32  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jana that is so cool...I should do that for Brandon's birthday cake. Last year I got him a Sponge Bob Square Pants cake,,he loved it.
Tanner got a xtreme bike cake,,,and got a bike for a present.

Funny how we have come to know each other so well..I talk about you all like you live next door.

Cristi,,,ya moving twice will sux. Have done it before too,,with this house,,,the contractor was behind by 7 weeks! Yes 7 weeks...breathing heavy...was a nightmare. My old neighbhour needed us to watch her daughter during summer vacation and we needed a place to stay so the boys and I moved in with her for a month..Monte was in Calgary at my dad's. Then once her husband came back from the middle east. We went to my mom's for a week..house sat. Then to a girlfriends in Calgary for 2 1/2 weeks...took care of her house and dog. Then for a bit more at my moms then back to Calgary to my dads for 3 weeks. That 3 weeks has changed our whole family. My boys are not afraid of the boogey man,,,just my dad. I was shocked by how he acted and told him so...blah blah we haven't spoke since. 3 years ago.
We will be renting an apartment. Most everything will go into storage....if that is whats going to happen cross your fingers everythign jives.

Kat,,,good to know your feeling better... Heather (SIL) is from Amherst, ask Anthony if thats anywhere near him...
Susan,,,I love Target too,,,but Canada doesn't have one. We have Zellers which is very similar,,,same name brand clothes Cherokee and such. Zellers is owned by the Hudson Bay Company the oldest company in Canada 358 yrs or something like that.
I went to Walmart today too,,,got rubbermaid containers and dress pants for Tanner. He has a concert when he gets home from band camp..(anyone see American Pie?) *one time at band camp....
Anyways saw some cute skirts for 3 bucks...bought 2 feel better now...lol

Susan the last time I talked to Brian he called at midnight...and cause I didn't want to wake anyone I used the kitchen phone...it doesn't have a long cord. I sat on my kitchen floor freezing...it was Jan. He had me laughing so hard...I was gasping for air. Wonder how the boys are

Well Im off to bed...rehearsals are coming along
Angie
Old 03-04-2004, 06:30 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - you haven't posted on this thread for awhile, but I saw you at the scrapbookers thread.... you better get your booty in here before I come after you, lol.

Susan - I looked on the box, and found out that graham crackers are made with wheat flour and graham flour (which IS wheat flour, lol.) Plus there is a little bit of honey in them. But they are GOOD, imho. Doesn't Oregon always get lots of rain like Washington State? Keeps your skin moist, lol.

Rita - glad you tried the peanut butter and graham crackers! Good way to get some protein. I am a firm believer that kids and/or dogs = no rest! We have a doggy door, so they can go in and out by themselves, (the dogs, not the kids, lol) but then they stand by the bedroom window and bark at nothing. But ya gotta love them!

Kat - I can just picture your poor crippled flaminco in a sundress, lol!! Does he have a name? How about Freddy? Something tells me we will be referring to him in the future somehow. Do you and Anthony have any plans to meet soon?

Angie - yes, all of us are getting to know each other very well! And yes, I know of the movie American Pie. Just hope your son didn't have a flute with him, lol. Glad rehearsals are going well.

Katie's party was so much fun! She loved the cake and everyone had a good time. I loved having all the grandkids here at one time, and got out the video camera. The only thing I ate that I shouldn't have was a teeny tiny piece of cake, about 2"x1" and a 1/2 scoop of ice cream. Maybe 5 extra points at the most.

Today I'm watching Macy - Gina's dd. Her regular babysitter had something else to do today. Macy is 13 months old, and is a real sweetie.

Did anyone watch the Steven King show last night.... Kingdom Hospital? Did you know he really did get hit by a van. He bought the van and the driver of it died on Steven King's birthday. How weird is that?????

What are you doing today?
Jana
Old 03-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #34  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Discussion with my eldest:

"Have you seen my razor? Its the one like yours but with a pink handle?"
"No, I haven't seen it at all. You should keep better track of your stuff mom".

Guess what I found in her bedroom? Yep, my PINK razor.
Meanwhile my legs were so furry you could braid the suckers.

Anthony is in Saint John (I've been lectured not to call it St. John, lest folks think he's a Neufie. *lol*) and we are planning on meeting in the next couple of months. If he can get free from work obligations, he says he will try and come to my graduation May 9th.

Speaking of graduation, if I don't head out to class I'll never get there, so I've got to dash. I'll touch bases with you all later on, eh?
Old 03-04-2004, 11:05 AM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Ahhhh!!! I've had a big post and I lost it by pushing the wrong button!!! I don't know what it was that I pushed...but it threw me out!! Typing to fast and my fingers got all crazy on me!!

Well I had individuals but it was too long and I guess I'm feeling lazy right now to retype! (I know...how terrible am I?) I will do it later today.

I have some homework to finish. Only one more week then it's finals week!! Then......"SPRING BREAK!" Looking forward to NO school for awhile!!! I plan on taking Jhanai on walks for some photo shoots. (wish I was a professional photographer!)

Yesterday Shanna and I spent a day doing some scrapbooking. I just love her pages!! Her dad's and one (that I should have taken a picture of but didn't) of her great-grandparents are my favorite!! I will have to take a photo of it next time! I managed to get one page finished. I had started it before Shanna came over and while she managed to get two done,,,,I was able to finish mine. It's so much fun to do! Wish I had more photos.....(I have lots, just can never figure out which ones I want to use!)
On Saturday, Shanna and I are meeting at "Michaels" to watch some scrapbooking thing. I'm dragging James with me!!

Ok...this is turning out longer than I expected......I need to shower then work on some homework before class.

BBL to chat

Marti
Old 03-04-2004, 11:08 AM   #36  
RAR

HI! everyone just wanted to pop in and say HI! and wish that everyone has a great daynothin new is going on for me today except work work as today I am not motivated just one of those day I seem to be having too many in a rowLOL JanaI thought about getting a doggie door but I have a 2 house cats and I dont want them out!!!!!!!!!well got to get movin have a great day Rita
Old 03-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #37  

Rita!!!!!

I had just read your profile and realize we missed your birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday!!

I'm sorry it's a little late!!
I hope you had a Wonderful Birthday!!

Marti
Old 03-04-2004, 11:56 AM   #38  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Happy Birthday Rita

Marti,,,that hs happened to me so many times,,,I find that fusterating...

Good to know Katie had a great time last night.

Tanner and I had a talk about his hampster Skippy. Tanner asked if we could have a burial for him. Not really thinking properly I said yes. After all Skippy has been with us for a while. So yesterday Im literally running around the hosue trying to clean it...stuffing things into rubbermaid containers. Anyways Monte goes up to shower and he always checks on Skippy. Ya you guessed it, he died. So what do we do? Tanner won't be home for a few days... Im thinking OMG only me will this happen to...lol Ok so we had people coming to view the house last night..Brandon Monte and I are like deer in headlights. What to do with the dead hampster....
Brandon's suggestion,,,blame them for killing Skippy and guilt them into buying....
Monte's suggestion,,,get another rubbermaid container big enought to hold the cage and all.
Mine,,,get a baggy and we will keep him cold till Tanner gets home. BTW how are we to dig into the ground? Frozen solid...

So anyways we went with Monte's suggestion so I have this big rubbermaid container with a decaying hampster in it. I was thinking last night in bed about how I will not want to open it...eeeeeww so now we are going to have to dig a bigger hole or find a dumpster..(awwww) then again someone could see us and blame us for suficating poor Skippy...this is snowballing...HELP!!!
Angie
Old 03-04-2004, 12:39 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry

Morning All~

Rita~yes a VERY belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Not sure how we missed that one, but hope your day was a fun celebration. How many dogs do you have and what are they? A lot of dog lovers on this thread.

Marti~I did the very same thing yesterday-the reason it took me so long to post. I posted some, then came back and edited and then edited again. I went to hit the spacebar and for some reason hit enter -lost the post of course. You and Shanna have been busy girls with those scrapbooks, and doing a fine job. I wish I could share some of my pages, until we get a digital camera I can't.

Angie~I will keep my fingers that you don't have to move twice. How long is it going to take for the new house? There are two new houses going up at the end of the cul-de-sac and one of them is already sold-there is nothing there but the concrete for the driveway and the basement. The people who bought it are checking every weekend to see the progress. Of course that has been slowed because of the rain the last two days. When we did our walk-thru with the builder, he had given us a notebook with a bunch of pictures in it tracking the progress of this house-I told him it would be good for the scrapbook. Of course I am going to have to do a whole scrapbook of the house alone. I am going to do a before, during and after kind of thing. Anyway, I am excited for you guys. I do know American Pie-loved the movie so much I bought it. I haven't seen the wedding one, DS bought it and I was going to borrow it.

Jana~glad to hear you guys had a nice birthday celebration. I didn't see Kingdom Hospital but did know about Stephen King being hit-messed him up. I didn't know that he had bought the van and that the guy who hit him died on his birthday-that is freaky. Have a fun day with Macy today.

Kat~sounds like you found a great guy. Oh, your poor flamingo. I think the sundress is a good idea! Glad you are feeling better.

Susan~I say keep the ring as it was a gift. But then if you don't want to be reminded of him it might not be a good idea. Good thng to move on, and I hope this other guy works out. Man, you have been finding some good deals lately-50%?! I am wanting to go shopping so bad but I need to concentrate on the house and getting it in order first-too much to do and buy for it-kind of the downfall of buying a new house, but on the upside it will be done the way we want it. But I may treat myself to a trip to the scrapbook store! I love that place!

Shanna~you and Marti have been busy little bees with the scrapbooking. Love your pages-they are GREAT!

Our yard is washing away! We got A LOT of rain since early this morning, I don't think it will ever dry up. I hope we get some once we put in the sod so we don't have to worry about watering it. It is supposed to clear up some later today-I sure hope so. DH wants to go to the Garden Show downtown, then we will get something to eat afterwards. Other than that not much going on with me today. I think I am going to do some reading today. I bought a new book a week ago, I know, why? with moving and all. I was wanting it for a while and went ahead and bought it while I was thinking about it-that is if I ever get rid of this headache. I need to get back to the chiroprator again because my headaches are starting again. They are not bad but bad enough and when I was going I had maybe one a month if that.

Well, ladies I guess I best be going. Everyone have a GREAT day!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #40  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Unhappy

Angie~Hi again we were posting at the same time. So sorry to hear about Skippy. That is going to be one big hole-do you have a smaller rubbermaid container you could just put him in? I think I would have gone with your suggestion, although the thought of a dead anything in the freezer would be kind of yucky, unless you have a deep freezer?? It freezes a lot faster. We have one because DH used to hunt and between him, his brother and a friend there used to be A LOT of deer meat in there. Now we use it for when I stock up once in a while-frees up the freezer in the house. I sure wouldn't open the container after a couple of days though. When does Tanner get back? Again, sorry about Skippy.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:25 PM   #41  

Angry Hello

Hello ladies--

I will now attempt my individuals....and maybe type a bit slowly so I don't exit out of here!! (that's what I get when I have to learn how to type fast!)

Ok:

Jana--You are amazing with your self control!! You are going to be down to your goal weight in no time!! You really are an inspiration!! I hope you know that! I'm glad that Katie had a great birthday. Please wish her a Happy Birthday for me!

Angie--I talk to James as though I work with you girls or go to school with you. He'll come home and I'll just start rambling on about "Jana this", "Angie that", "Cristi did this", and so on! He's slowly starting to remember all your names!! Of coarse poor Shanna, she get's picked on since she lives near by! (they worked together at Sony)

Kat-- Braided leg hairs?? Oh my!! Just make sure you add some beads to make it a decorative look!! I've had one time I let my armpits go a bit too long....after my surgery. I had no desire to lift my arms at all. Too much agony. So after about two weeks I told James to come sit next to me and have a contest to see who has longer pit hairs!! Of coarse he didn't like that and he never did come sit by me that day!! I wonder why??

Susan--Umbrella and a stroller....hmmm...that can be complicated. How about when you take Gaby out with you on your walks,,,,make them short..that way you can doll her all up in a rain coat w/rain boots and her own umbrella. Let her splash in the puddles. Make it fun! (and stressful for you!) I've done that with Jhanai a few times. She headed straight for a mud puddle once and I ran after her...then realized she was having so much fun that I just let her jump right in! And afterwards...straight to the tub! Oh yeah....Bring your camera too!!

Cristi--I hope the headache goes away! Never a good thing especially when you have tons to do after moving in! I'm with you on the yard thing....only I mine isn't washing away...it's growing up weeds! We need to put grass seeds on a lot of it...actually...if I just bought a mower it might look better...so I will have to borrow or just go out and buy one! (but with the money I put towards a mower...I could buy scrapstuff!!)

Kayecee--I saw your post somewhere, but when I scroll down to look it will only take me so far.... I hope you have a good weekend. Don't get lost when you travel to Goobertown!! (I know that's where you're going!!) And you said maybe about Friday....hmmm....what's going on?? Are you thinking of abandoning us?? Better not!! I don't post one night and I've got Jana after me!! (teasing Jana)

Katie & Rita --hope you girls are having a good day and all!! And that you're weekend will be relaxing.

Shanna--I will see on Saturday!!

Ok...I hope I didn't miss anyone. You all take care.. I have some work to do!!

Marti
Old 03-04-2004, 09:02 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - hey, there you are!! The reason I'm losing so well is because I have sooooo much to lose! Yes, I am doing well with WW and am dang proud of it, but when someone has 100 pounds to lose, it does come off easier than for someone with a small amount to lose. Thank you for your kind words, though.

Rita - Happy Belated Birthday!! Doggie doors can be tricky - our 5 y/o Mackenzie likes to go out it, lol.

Angie - So sorry about the hamster! I vote for putting poor Skippy on ice. Depending how long Tanner will be gone, you could have a real problem with the Tupperware, lol. Pee-Yew!! One time Molly caught a rabbit and brought it (dead) into the front yard. Well, I didn't want Katie to see it, so I scooped it up into a walmart sack and put it in the big old freezer in the shed until Neal could dispose of it.

Cristi - I have never been to a garden show, and that sounds like lots of fun. Did you buy anything? Hope your headache is better. Is this something the chiropractor has fixed before?

Kat - how's Freddy? It would be really nice if Anthony can come to your graduation. Teen daughters! Katie swore up and down that she didn't have my brown suede gloves, then came out of her room with them red-faced a couple of weeks later. She also takes my brush, my Beatles CD, and the tape dispenser and who knows what all else is in there!

Macy had to leave and go to the doctor. This poor child has been sick most of her 13 months. They think maybe she has allergies and Gina did finally get rid of the cats that were hanging around. But while she was here we had a good time. I rocked her to sleep for her nap and she was all cuddly....

Neal (Earth Science Prof. that he is) is telling me that we are in for possible tornados in the morning. I don't have a basement, but Mary does and we will go there if we have too.

Be good,
Jana
Old 03-04-2004, 11:20 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

Good Evening!!

I just am popping in to say hello.

Happy Belated Rita!!

Gbarielle LOVES water Marti. I am sure she would be for your idea of splashing in the rain. Ain't going to happen on my walk though.....lol.Mommy needs 50 minutes to call her own.Little Gaby is just going to have to press her nose to the window and watch me go on my walk.......lol
She is SOOOOO cute. She sits in the back carseat and pretends to be sleeping, snoring and all....
What I WILL do is buy a jogging stroller with a shield on it!!!! There, problem solved....will protect her from the wind at the same time.

Some more 50% off today!! Darn, I forget the brand. I bought 2 turtlenecks for 13.99 each, down from $30. Very pretty. I figure we will still have some chilly weather and it isn't real heavy.......and I love 50% off.
The girls bought some Capris. I want some too with some pretty sandels to go with.
Bought some things for Gaby at Goodwill.......ScoopyDoo denim dress....and some dress shoes.
I also bought some Eddie Bauer jeans & found some Gap ones that weren't too short for 5.99.It is weird but both jeans are the same size but I can't wear Gap yet.Maybe if I laid down on the bed?? Breathing isn't important, right?? As long as we look good.......lol
So, it was a good day.
I picked up an application for the Y!!! Yahooooo.Such a NEAT place, even have a childrens gym for 1 1/2 and up.
Tomorrow there is an estate sale that I am going to go to.Looking for some things for the apartment.
I have to work the weekend........trying to get some of this shopping done before I am stuck here.

This man in Washington asked in an email how I would feel about meeting him.I have met a few men off the internet ((hush,,,,,,Angie)) and really get nervous, but I think he is a keeper. I just don't wanna meet him and ruin my fantasy.........lmao.......

Hi Jana,Hi Cristi,Hi Kat,Hi Katie,Hi Rita,Hi Marti,Hi Shanna,Hi kayecee,Hi Angie. Hope I didn't miss anyone!!

I need to get to work and go pick up Gaby.Long days and all. Doing good though.

Hope the same for you all
Old 03-05-2004, 12:22 AM   #44  
The Rockinghorse Gal

I'll second (or is it third) the birthday wishes, Rita. I hope you had a fabulous day.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:26 AM   #45  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Oh, my freezer currently contains the deceased bodies of two rats and one parakeet. I extend my condolences and suggest that the freezer is the way to go until the ground thaws. Just wrap the "coffin" in something opaque and put it waaaaay in the back so unsuspecting guests don't find it when looking for ice cubes. (I speak from experience)
Closed Thread