Old 03-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #31  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals, I'm busy as usual and I hate it. I'm looking into hiring somebody part-time to help me keep up with this filing and answering phones etc...all the doody work that just eats away my time from the "real" stuff (like playing around online and chatting w/my girls on 3FC ). I'm drank a vanilla latte this morning and my hands are shaking like a leaf, a little heavy on the espresso I think. Well my eating has gone to sh*t once again, but the scale suprisingly is holding out at 177...3 lbs gained for 4 weeks of not trying ain't that bad. I gotta get my head together! This rain had better stop and soon! It's sunny right now but still cloudy in parts of the island. Hoping for a dry weekend.

Cherie, all I can say is hang in there--you are strong and capable and your girls are doing great because of you. Come here anytime and let it all hang out, we're here for you . Guys can be such scum can't they? Well, eventually what goes around will come around.

Julie, I just love baked salmon with a little non-fat yogurt and dill sauce on top
I bet the fish sticks win out if you ask the kiddos, probably be the same at my house too.

Angie, wouldn't that have been just perfect if you won that house? Hmmm, I guess we all have to go snooping online for another giveaway. If we enter often enough someone's bound to win something sometime. This positive!

Kempy hope you're having a good day at school.

Jacks, Cal and Holly and anyone I may have missed, have a wonderful day and safe weekend!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 03-05-2004 at 04:23 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #32  
Almost There!!!

Aloha ladies!

Urggghhh...i've been soooo bad!!! I had sushi yesturday for lunch and dinner and since a bag of doritos was right there...i had those too! Now I feel all bloated and I don't even want to put a single piece of food in my mouth. Yuck! Then my tendonitis was acting up last night so I didn't do my exercise either. I'm hoping tonight I'll get to get in an extra set of exercise. In fact, I should go home and do them now. But I'll finish this post first

Noelle - Hope you find part time help soon! I would love some help here at my work too, but instead of hiring someone that's competent - they go out and hire some dud that doesn't even know how to email!!! I hope this weekend is dry - so it can dry up all that sewage!!! I swear - if it's not rain, accidents, or potholes - it's sewage! What's with this island???

Cherie - Hey there chicka! Do you need me to bust open a can of whoop *** on your Ex? Cuz I can! Damn - what a jerk! You are so strong - I don't think I would be able to handle that - I would just go over and knock the guy upside his head! Know that we're here for you - keep your head up!!!

Julie - Yum! I love salmon too except I prepare it a lot differently. I sprinkle furikake (Japanese rice seasoning) on both sides and then grill it in a pan. Then I make this Wasabi-Citrus Aioli to spread on top and eat it with rice. Hope your dinner is yummy!

Angie - Shucks! Too bad you didn't win that house! That would have been great. I was watching Opera the other day and this lady makes a living winning contest and sweepstakes! She's won a car, boat, even a $1M! Wonder what her secret is!

Cal - I agree - it's been a long week. Thank GOD it's Friday. You deserve any break you can get after this week. Hope you get the rest you need! Have a great weekend!

Kempy - Study hard! Have a great Sunday!

Well, I guess the 1,500 invitations I had to stuff, seal, label, and stamp over exerted my neck, probaly b/c I was sitting wrong. I have this real painful spasm so I think I'm going to head to the doc's before I head home. Hope everyone has a wonderful and restful weekend. Eat good, exercise, and relax! I'll check in tomorrow if I can

-Jacks
jldg888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:23 AM   #33  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I weighed in this morning at 172.5 That is 6 pounds of bloatation gone this week. At least I am closer to the 160's now than 180's which is where I would be if I hadnt gotten partially on track this week. Now I hope I can keep it up.

Not much to say except it is so gross outside today. All freezing rain and slush. YUCK!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that you all get a chance to check in.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 02:16 PM   #34  

Hi Ladies!! How is everyone doing? Angie, I am so happy for you that you were back on track last week . Hang in there with the house selling problem. It really sucks sometimes, I know!! I have been eating so badly!! I have been walking at least 20 miles a week, but, food has been AWFUL!! Good news is that my hubby is going to start the South Beach Diet with me tomorrow. Maybe it will be easier if the junk is out of the house and we are both eating and going towards the same goal of weight loss.

Have a great day, and I'll check back when I can!! Life is crazy with a hubby who works 40 hrs, goes to school 2 nights a week, three kids of our own, and I am working 25 hours a week and babysitting 10 hours a week after work! Whew, lol.

Holly
chikitababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:53 AM   #35  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!!! Where the heck is everyone?

Holly,That is great that your hubby is going to do it with you. I love it that Jay walks with me, it definately makes it easier and more enjoyable to do.

I dyed the girls hair bright pink last night. We started out putting stripes in it and then they wanted more until Alicia ended up with it all being pink. I hope no kids at school pick on her today becauise it doesnt wash out. She loves it though.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #36  

Man, where did the past 4 days go? I just realized this morning that I have not been here since Wednesday. I have just bee so busy. I guess that is a good thing. I had my first crawfish of the season yesterday and man were they good. Of course the day after is nothing but blotation. We load the things up w/ salt and all sorts of seasoning so I am not feeling very good today. Plus, when you eat them you have to drink some beer to keep your mouth cool

See Angie I knew you could do it. I think you just needed that first loss to get you back into gear. I hate to tell you this but it is beautiful here right now. Maybe you guys could move over this way instead of SC. I would love that. There is a cool town right down from me that is really growing and I don't know if they have a bakery or not.

I don't have time to read all of the past posts right now, I am supposed to be working. hehe I will check back in a little later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:36 AM   #37  

Good Morning

My weekend was okay, my little one was up on the hour last night. He caught my hus sore throat. Fun! I feel bad when they are sick though. I just hope the other one doesn't get it at the same time because it is hard to deal with two up in the middle of the night. My hus is really good though, he gets up and helps when they are sick. My eating was okay this weekend. I didn't do an official weigh in this weekend. It think I am on the beginning of bloatation. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We got snow on Saturday.

Angie pink like Kelly Osbourne's? Wow!! I bet they are loving it.

Holly good luck on the sbd. That is nice that your husband is going to join you. It is always nice to have a dieting partner. Good luck with your busy schedule.

Kempy how was your weekend. Did you get to get outside yesterday?

Noelle how are you doing? Its Monday and I all ready wish it was Friday !Did all the rain let up out there?

Jacks how is our little wedding planner doing? Hope your weekend was restful and relaxing.

Hello to anyone I missed kinda out of it from being up all night long .
Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:05 PM   #38  
Almost There!!!

Aloha Ladies!

Errrr....Monday and it's still raining here. Oh well, at least it gives me an excuse to wear jeans to work. My boss is out all week - YAY! So it "should" be a cruise week for me. I still have another batch of invites to work on though.

This weekend was a total nightmare on my diet. Not only is it bloatation weekend, but my eating was horrible and I didn't do any exercise. I went to the doc's on Friday about my neck and he gave me some muscle relaxant and vicodin. I popped both of those babies in my mouth and didn't become conscious until noon the next day. Then I pigged out on huli huli chicken, jack-n-the box pannido and fry's, costco polish hotdog and popcorn! Yuck! Today is all about detox and getting back on track!

Angie - Whoohoo for your loss!!! WTG! That's all you needed to get back into the groove of things. I would love to color my hair pink too, but I'd have to bleach it first.

Julie - Hope your kids get better soon. Nothings worst than keiki with sore throats. I put the planning aside for now. I don't want to become a bridezilla. I'll pick it up again in a couple of months.

Kempy - YUM! I love crawfish! My mom makes this awesome crawfish bisque. Eating that is worth the bloatation to me!

Holly - It's always great to have a dieting partner. Wish Kel were a least a little bit health conscious. He thinks Coke is water. Good luck on the SBD!

Got to watch Passion last night. Loved every second of it! I don't know what the big hoohaa is about??? I thought it was an excellent movie.

Hi Noelle, Cherie, Cal and everyone else. Hope your weekends were good too!

Jacks
Old 03-08-2004, 02:51 PM   #39  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Jacks, The color I bought was from Walmart. It was for black hair. It was called Loreal something or other. I actually got Fuschia but it came out bright pink since there hair is blonde.

Kempy, We watched a crawfish boil being done on the Food Channel this week and I thought of you. We can get shrimp for a buck a pound up here right now so Jay bought a ton of it this weekend.

Julie, I hope your kids feel better soon.

I gotta get back to work but I will check in in a while.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #40  

Hello Girls

I guess I am the first one here today. How is everyone's day going so far? My day is going pretty good. I want to eat everything in the house with TOM approaching in the future. Control, control that is what I keep telling myself. It is hard.

Noelle where ya been? Did you hear William Hung has a record deal? Wow I guess it pays to be yourself and do the best you can. Cool, huh?

Well not much else to say, I hope everyone checks in today though .
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #41  

Ok I guess I am the next one to check in today. I have been getting orders together for work so that has taken up a good bit of my time. What kills me though is that I do all of this work and the boss tells me to wait on the order. He is trying to cut back on exspenses. WHAT!!! I havn't ordered anythign in well over 2 months so why is his AMEX so high. Do you think it could be from him using it so much????? (sorry I have been keeping that in to long)

I am fighting the blotation monster and it dosen't look like I am doing to good of a job. I am going to keep at it though and maybe I will see something in a few days.

That is funny about William Hung. I hope it just isn't people making fun of him though. I think he is a nice little guy.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:42 PM   #42  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everybody. I have been slowly slipping all week. Not bad so that I am gaining but I am not losing. I dont even feel like walking. It got cold again and my skin is so damn dry that it hurts. After I take a shower I could cry my skin burns so bad. I hate WINTER!!!!! I had to confess that. I am not doing all that great but I am still trying.

Kempy, What do you guys put in a crawfish boil for the seasonings. My dad used to trap them and bring a bunch down to our house and we just boiled them like lobster but the season sounds so good.

Julie, I know what ya mean. I could eat everything in sight at night. It is a good thing Wendys is so far or I would probably be eating a number 6 with southwest sauce and bacon every single night.

Noelle, Where are ya? Your work is definately cutting into your chat with us time. You tell Rick I said you need an assistant ASAP.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:02 PM   #43  
Almost There!!!

Aloha ladies! I am sooooo pooped and it's only 11:00! I swear we hire some incompentant people in this office. I'm asked the dumbest questions from "How do you conference call?" to "How long does it take for an email to go through?" Geez - does everyone think I'm the wizard of all answers? ARGGGGGH! To top it off, one of my co-workers decided to give me a hand and mail out these letters which I wanted to bulkmail with the rest of the invitations that I have to get out. So instead of spending $12.00 on postage, we're spending $37.00 from an already non-existent budget! OKAY...JUST BREATHE! To sum it up...it's been a long morning....

Sorry to be so crabby...just irritated, PMSing, bloated, and frustrated. Why can't women get a week off for their TOM? That would be an idea!

Ditto on wanting to eat everything in sight! I ate Panda Express last night because I was craving so much! Angie - I don't eat much at Wendy's but that #6 sounds good!

Did Mr. Hung sign the contract? Last I heard he was still going over the fine details of the contract because "contracts are very important things"

-Jacks
Old 03-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #44  
Almost There!!!

Oh yah - Where are you Noelle??? Hope you didn't get lost in all the sewage or fell into a pothole!!! Just kidding!!! Call the temp agency now for the assistant!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:19 AM   #45  

GOOD MORNING!!! I am in a weird mood this morning. I think people call it a good mood. I just woke up feeling great. I started my period so the bloat should be leaving soon and that makes me feel great. It is beautiful outside today too. I just wish I felt like this all of the time. I am going to do my best to not let the boss get me down today.

Angie we use salt first to purge the crawfish whiel they are still alive. I know it sounds kind of mean but I really don't want to be eating what they last ate if you know what I mean. Then when we get them inthe boiling water we add more salt, liquid crab boil and powdered crab boil. If you want I can try to look and see if they have a web site so that you can see what the containers look like. We also add into the boil suasage, onions, corn garlic and sometimes cauliflower. When you dump all of the crawfish on the table you can eat all of that other stuff too. They taste so good after being in that boil. I wish you guys would come down here so that we could cook some for you. I think you guys would really love it. Do you still have the RV?

Julie the reason the Maid of Honor isn't talking to the bride is pretty stupid if you ask me. (I know this is a late response but I am just now getting to it sorry) The brides fiance sold the MOH's boyfriends boss his old truck which had problems. Supposadly they told the guy it had somethings wrong with it. Well the MOH said that is is going to look bad on the BF if something went wrong and the bride said so what it isn't like you are going to marry this guy. Well, that really pissed off the MOH and now she wont call her until the bride appoligizes. Which she doesn't think she did anything wrong so she isn't going to call her. Well, I wonder if she will even be in the wedding now?

Ok, where is everyone?