The Anti-Nighttime Snacking Thread

• Hello,

I was thinking about nighttime snacking. I'm definitely someone who easily falls prey to this. I know that if I'm going to lose weight effectively I'm going to have to replace unhealthy habbits with healthier ones.

I've lost weight before by not eating after a certain time, but since then, I've fallen back into bad behavior. So I was thinking a support group was in order.

What do you all do when it's 9:30 at night and you're not remotely tired? I'm a college student, so I don't go to sleep till like 3am (which is terrible I know, I'll work on that another day ). So what do you do when you want a "snack" but you know that you shouldn't? What's your "healthy behavior"?

~Shayla
  • hi blaue...i know what you mean about being a college student and being up until 3am, haha. where do you go to school?

anyways...what i usually do when i get the munchies late at night and just chug a big glass of water, because i read somewhere that thirst at night is oftentimes mistaken for hunger.

another thing i read was if you are getting hungry late at night, its your bodys way of telling you "well if you are not going to give me the rest i need, i guess i need some food to keep me going" does that make sense?

i hope this helps...let me know!
  • Reading is great. That all makes sense to me. I especially like the "thirst at night is mistaken for hunger."

Since I've started on this journey (2 days ) I've been conscious of my problem with late night snacking and have been able to avoid any random bouts.

I noticed that you're 3-4 inches taller than me and we have the same goal weight. :lol Anything less and I'd think it was impossible for me to get to.

Laterz,
    Shayla