Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 10:44 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat # 31

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Here's what I posted on the other thread before I noticed it was so long...

Hi Ladies,

Susan - Hope you are feeling better today. (((((hugs)))) for you!! Yes, there is a Claire's and an Afterthoughts (like Claire's) in Evansville at the mall. That's where we got Katie's necklace and earrings for the prom. About the rabbit - is it the one who says things like "boys are stupid" and "you smell like butt"? LOL, Katie was telling me about those!!

Angie - I never heard of Mr. Dress Up.... Is it like GI Joe trying on Ken's stuff - lol!! Mary was into Strawberry shortcake back in the day, and also Rainbow Brite, Punky Brewster and Care bears and Cabbage patch kids. Katie had Pound Puppies, Barney and Muppet babies. My son who is 32 had Mr. Rogers, Romper Room, Stretch Armstrong, Rubix Cubes, and uh.... I forget what else!!

Kayecee - hey, I'd like to visit Arkansas.... and probably will sometime. Where did you guys end up going for the weekend? Time away is so fun! We've been doing alot of that since mil passed away.

Marti - Why have you had a loss of appetite? If you are eating just one meal a day, you're doing much better than me! Your journaling for Jhanai's pic sounds just right... be sure and show us when it's done, 'k?

Cristi - I'm with Marti - when in the world did have time to do that cool letter?? I'm impressed!

Well, ladies, I am down 1 1/4 more pounds. Or 5 sticks of butter! YAY!!

Gina and the kids are coming over afterwhile. For the newbies here, Gina is the woman my son goes with. They are thinking about moving in together. I just love her, and couldn't pick a better person myself! And my son loves the kids as though they were his own, and they call me grandma. He changed his first poopy diaper last night and said he almost threw up, lol. Boy, he's got a long way to go, lol.

Gotta go get cleaned up... pass the water and the make-up, Angie!

Jana
Old 02-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

I am on the run. Becky has a basketbal game this morning!

Love the family tree thing Kayecee!!! I am appy to hear some of you have more than 1 branch....so funny.

Thanks Jana & Marti- so sweet.

I will have to come back and talk about an opinion on your scrapbooking Marti.

Yep, thats the bunny Jana.Asking Rach what it is called but all she doesn't remember either, cute little thing.

Weighed in!!!! Lost 2 pounds!!! yahhooooo, go figure. Proving you can eat at McDonalds and lose weight too.....lol makes me 156

Arkansas man..........oh, wait.....Happy Bunny!!!! Rachel says....
anyway, would LOVE for him to come here.He wants me to come to Arkansas becasue he has hopes of me moving there in time.
I can't even think of leaving Rach & Beck behind....no man worth that!!!!!
So, if he wants to visit here, great.If not.............oh, well.
His kids areout of the country , in Soma,Samoa???? whatever......he doesn't really see them.

Best get

Susan

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-21-2004 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Hi,
Sorry about the typos in the last post! I did an edit to correct and still see more!! WhatEVER, I am NOT going back again!!

Did I say I am PMSing??? lol

Marti, I read about what you wrote for the scrapbook, VERY nice.....made me cry. Course EVERYTHING makes me cry when pms is here, but seriously, I think it is lovely.

CONGRATS on the 1 1/4 weight loss Jana!!! Feels good I bet??

Just to add about the Arkansas thing. Reason one I don't wanna go there is the expense, figure I am shilling out 500 in airfare and some new clothes. I can't justify that, I want my jogging stroller, darn it.
Also, while we have talked for 9 months I don't want to be in his house with Gaby.Any weird thing could happen......soooooo far away from home, what would I do?? Go to Kayecee's??? lol

Seriously. If he came here I would feel safer.He could meet my family and I wouldn't have to leave the girls. I would take Gaby and leave the other 2 behind. That sucks though because they already feel replaced by Gaby.....now I am going to take off on a vacation without them??

I thought it would just be fun to go to eastern Oregon with the girls for spring break,go clothes shopping.

While I do care for him , my first priority is being mom.I am really not going to go tooooooo far out of my way for a man to be in my life.He has to fit in without too much work.....lol........does that sound horrible??
I am not being a b*&^% am I???

Beck WON her game!!! Rach is this afternoon.

Had a good lunch and chugging on water.
Want to go to Goodwill and pick up a new tee-shirt.....

SUNNY here!!

TTYALL LATER

Old 02-21-2004, 08:46 PM   #4  
a work in progress

Hi everybody!!! Just poppin' in for a minute. I'm not home, we went away for the weekend to Monterey/Carmel. This place is incredible. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today and walked and walked and walked. My feet are sooooo sore, but Tim promised me a foot rub if I will reciprocate I will talk to you soon...
Old 02-21-2004, 11:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

How is the weekend going for ya? Mine is ok. We took Chewy to the pet hospital today since the vet isn't open on weekends. Last night he was chasing his ball and he went to get it off the chair and with our floors...well he ended up sliding too much, hit the side of his little body up against the chair instead of getting on it. So his muscles in his neck are tense. He's was crying this morning and we thought that he needed muscle relaxers now...and not to wait until Monday. (yes...this has happened before) I told James that we may need to get him fixed to "mellow" him out a little. He's just too fragile!!

Also went up to Eugene and browsed around some crafts stores. I was just amazed at Ben Franklins! It had been years since we've been there and James and I had forgotten what was in there. He wanted more soap stuff and I of coarse wanted scrapbooking items. I have got to drag Shanna there to check it out!

Susan--I don't think you sound like a b**** at all. I think it's very understandable. If you would have gone...you would probably not enjoy yourself much knowing you're girls are still here. If the man truly wants more from you, he will make the move to come visit you.
Oh...btw...why did you get all the sunshine today?! We had clouds!! Then it lightly rained!!

Jana--I hope your visit w/Gina and the kids was a great one. It's always good for a man to experience diaper changing!! And then be thankful for the woman in their lives who do most of it!!

Kayecee--I hope your weekend turns out wonderful. I can't remember all you wrote since it's on the other thread..but it ought to be fun with or w/o your kids....just more romantic if you two were alone!!

Katie--Sounds like you're having a great time in Monetery Bay Aquarium...what a sweetheart you have to offer to rub your feet!!!

Cristi-Angie-Shanna---hi to you girls and hope your weekend is a good one!!

I'm going to go rest and put up my feet!!

Take Care
Marti
Old 02-22-2004, 05:29 AM   #6  
kitty Momo

Hi Marti

Thanks, really. I just never like to rock the boat and seem to put my needs behind everyone else`s.
I have already made plans for spring break and doesn't include a plane ticket to Arkansas.
Also, he was suppose to get some things done , that he hasn't moved on and really am not wanting to work too hard on this friendship for right now.

b******,b******,b****** lol

My back is killing me from PMS!! Hate it.

Did the basketball games and both girls won!!

Watched Father of the Bride with Gaby, did the bath thing and fell asleep at 8PM.....now up and wide awake at 2am!!! Doing laundry.

James sounds rather cute!!! Great that he has a creative interest and will putter arounds stored with you!!! Sure you doesn't have a 40ish male friend???lol

It was REAL nice in Portland!! I guess we just stole all the rays from you southerners (sp) - suppose to be nice later on today as well.
T-shirt weather !!!

Hi Katie

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend

In Honor of James
Old 02-22-2004, 11:35 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Happy Sunday, Ladies,

Susan - YAY for you, losing 2 pounds!! I think you are doing the right thing by following your instincts and not going to Arkansas. If he wants you, let him be the one to rearrange his whole life! It sounds like your 2 older daughters would really be hurt by such a move. Good for you, putting your kids before a boyfriend. He'll either come to you or move on. Either way, you'll still have your jogging stroller, lol! Btw - I eat out usually once a week, and plan the points and it hasn't hurt my weight loss at all. Plus, then I don't feel deprived.

Katie - glad you stopped in! Carmel is a place I would dearly love to visit. I remember seeing pictures in a magazine of the place back when Clint Eastwood was mayor, and I thought it was gorgeous.

Marti - hope Chewy is better today. When I go to craft stores, Neal likes to find a store nearby that he prefers, then we meet up later, lol. Same thing with the Hallmark House, he will wait elsewhere. Sometimes he sits in the mall and counts pregnant women... he starting doing that back when I was carrying Katie, and he said they were everywhere. Guys are so funny!

Cristi - hope you are getting a break today, or at least finishing up. : Let us know how's it's going, okay?

Hi to the others!

We just got back from church, and I have a casserole in the oven. It's just the three of us today, no extras for once, lol. No special plans, either, for this afternoon... gee, what will I do with myself????

Jana
Old 02-22-2004, 02:10 PM   #8  

Hello

We have the sunshine that Susan took yesterday!! So what a beautiful Sunday!! How terrible is this?? James and I were up so late last night, that we slept in too late to get to church this morning!! (this was going to be his first time going to my grandma's church) Next weekend!!

Watched a movie last night...has anyone seen Mothman Prophecies?? It's based on actual events in West Virginia....spooked me.

James also made some salsa last night. We bought a food processor so we could make the dogs food (we make lots of raw food for them now!) and I asked for some salsa...and he just whipped some up! Now I have terrible onion breath!

Susan--I hope you end up having a WONDERFUL time with your girls on spring break!! What ever happens with John,,,,well, if it's good then it was meant to be, if it's not....then it wasn't. (I hope that made sense) I'm looking forward to Spring Break myself!! I'm going to spend most of it with Jhanai...then right in the middle of it...James and I should be getting married!!!! I don't know if he'll be able to take time off from work to "honeymoon" but we'll at least have the weekend...because the 24th is on a Wednesday.

Jana--James doesn't mind going in places with me, (so far!) the hallmark store.....if there are ornaments for Christmas...he'll go in. And I'm glad he's interested in making soap because that makes it easier for me to roam the aisles in the craft stores!

Congrats to the both of you for having lost more pounds!! I will be weighing myself tomorrow....I hope I have managed to either maintain or at least lose ONE little pound!! We'll see!

I'm going to go enjoy this Sunny Sunday!!!

Hi to the rest of you girls!!

Marti
Old 02-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Jana & Marti,

What kind of casserole Jana?? The girls like my tuna one, though I top it with chips and cheese, have to make it healthy and all........lol

I haven't heard about the movie you mentioned Marti. I would like to go to Blockbuster later on and get the new Bill Murray movie that is suppose to be good.

Hey Jana!!! Jogging Stroller / A Man???? Tough call, gotta have that stroller though!! Might not keep me warm at night but at least I will look good -lol-
I won't say anything against him but I don't it was meant to be, too many things to overcome and it would be a terrible blow to the older girls.Also, with their father being 70, I really need to be close by,not 100's of miles away.

Blah,blah....

Weighed again to make sure it said 156 and not 165.....so, ya....156!! Had to make sure, hope to be 155 by next weekend and 150 by 03.25, my 40th birthday!!! Yahooooo. Has anyone tried the Atkin Advantage shakes?? Really good protein, 20g and low surgar 1g,and of course low carbs. I think it is 170 calories anyway had that for breakfast with a banana.

Anyway,more basketball games today.

Take care eevryone!!! Oh, ya..........we still have sunshine here today!!! See, I shared.....lol

Old 02-22-2004, 04:05 PM   #10  

Afternoon girls--

I guess last night someone had come along and slashed some tires in our neighborhood!! James and I saw the cops talking to the guy next door and so we went out to look at our cars....nothing thank god!! But a woman walked by and asked us if we had any problems. Apparently a few neighbors had their tires slashed and the day before someone had thrown beach balls at homes or cars..filled with water I think?? I'm not sure what was going on with that.. I just saw the cop carrying two deflated beach balls and then another woman carrying one to his car. We saw another one out in the field across from us. What is going on in our quiet little neighborhood?!? I'm not sure why we haven't been targeted yet...but I'm thankful that we haven't.

My sunshine is disappearing!! Looks like it may even rain!! Sheesh!!

Anyway...I just popped in to share my neighborhood woes!! I'll check in later

Marti
Old 02-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #11  
self portrait

Default Quick Stop in before I Die

I thought I would pop in before my head explodes from this terrible headache I have had for about two days. I think Kayecee purposely breathed her sick germs my way throught the world wide web here. That's my theory anyway. HEEE HEE ow my head!!!11

Marti: Oh my god!! I hope my little Chewy is going to be ok. I just love that little cutie. He is such a lover. Of course , so is Cocoa, but it takes her a while to warm up. I think I might have to refrain from going to Ben Franklin crafts to check out the scrap booking stuff. I am poor and don't have the will power to not buy anything. Better wait until I find a job and get some cash coming in. No cash flow, then no fun. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Boo Hoo. This no craft thing is killing me. I just hope the stash I have can hold me off until the moola comes back into my life. Call me though, we can meet up next week, maybe at my house this time. Switch back and forth between our houses. anywho, I will talk to you later girly. Watch yourself around your neighborhood, don't want you or james to get hurt by the hoodlums reeking havoc with the area.

Kayecee: Hey there missy!!! I back and ready for action, well not yet, but I am getting there. I just feel too awful to really be myself. Thanks for the advice on my car situation though. Unfortunately with my new fangled car, i have no oil pressure gauges or temp gauge. I only have computerized lights. But I went to portland on my monthly trip and got home ok, I just hope I didn't do more damage to my poor little Herman ( that is what I named my car). I love this car, by far the best I have ever had and I don't want my lack of funds to fix him properly ruin him. I would be sad.

Jana:
Bravo on the additional weight loss. I am sooooo jealous. I just can't seem to gte my hinny in gear and figure out what can motivate me. I am so disappointed in myself and evertime I look in the mirror I want to seriously throw up. I have gained at least 15 pounds or so since being layed off in April of last year. But you all will get to see me, hopefully by tuesday when I get my pictures back from the lab and figure out how to get them on Yahoo. I am such a computer moron. Anywho, it makes me feel good to know someone is lossing weight , so I can too.

Susan: Yeah to you too for losing weight, Good job, I am sure you will reach your goal by your birthday. I too was enjoying the Portland Sunshine on Saturday. But by the time I left it was pretty well gone. It was sprinkling by the time I got into town at 6:30. I can't wait for spring and summer when the weather is great for riding bikes and walks and sunbathing in my little pool. I just hope it doesn't get too hot, because last year I thought I was going to die from the heat. We have no air conditioning in our house and it is older and I thinking it actually sucks in the hot air in more than it should. It my boyfriend hadn't bought a 80.00 pool, we would have really been hurting. WE lived in that little thing. really. I am suprised we didn't turn into wrinkled raisins. hee hee

Well to everyone else, Hope your weekend is going smoothly and I hope to get back on here sooner than later. When my headache clears up. On to tackling homework and maybe doing some scrap booking
Old 02-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

ARGHHH
I did have an awesome post,,,gone to meet the lost socks in the after life I guess.

Jana, I so enjoy casseroles, meat pies and soups/stews. Have alot of cook books on different recipes.
Marti, hope Chewy is ok, poor lil guy.
Shanna, hopefully the headaches goes away soon. Are they stress headaches? Or possibly allergies or maybe needing a chiropractic visit?
Kaycee, glad you enjoyed your lil holiday.
Susan, I think you did right by your choose on the girls and John. If he wants to persue this relationship then he can come to visit you. Nuff said.

Tanner and I did have a great dinner with his agent. Jan was impressed with him, his acting ability since she did see him in JCS and then to get an up close look at him. She loves his eyes...very dark and expressive.
I went with a bunch of girls to karioke last night...had so much fun.
Started my new play today. 5 weeks before we are opening. So soon? *gulp
And thats about it,,its 8:30 pm and Im ready for bed...ZZzzZZzz
Angie
Old 02-23-2004, 08:03 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

It's Monday again!

Boy, how time flies!

Marti - wow, you are blessed that the Neighborhood Slasher skipped over you! Has to be scary though, just knowing he is out there...

Susan - the casserole was a broccoli/chicken one that is very healthy. I am proud of you for being so close to goal. I only wish I had taken off this weight before it ballooned up so high! I haven't tried any of the Atkins stuff. For my breakfast I almost always have 2 graham crackers with 1 T. peanut butter. The protein holds me over til lunch real well...

Shanna - thank you for the kind words. Hope your headache is gone today - I know how miserble that can be.

Angie - the dinner with Tanner and the agent sounds real nice! Something tells me he is going places... So which play is next? If you told me, I forgot.

I have to tackle Mount Washmore today. Anybody wanna do a few loads for me??? Awww, come on!! Other than that, I don't know for sure what I'm doing today.

BBL,
Jana
Old 02-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #14  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Back from vacation! Y'all will be glad to know that my cheap birth control works and I will in no way be preggers from this trip. We got a room with two beds and I laid down with Vallory to try and get her to sleep (Tim and I were going to sneak a shower after they fell asleep ) To make a long story short- she falls asleep, I'm trying to ease outta bed, she rolls over and promptly THROWS UP ALL OVER ME!!!! Ewwwww... talk about a mood killer. Yep- kids are perfect birth control!

We had such fun! We have friends who own thousands of acres near Dalton (they raise cattle). Anyway, they have a pretty little lake that he said we could go fishing at. The crappie (you pronounce it cropee ) were going nuts. We fished for a couple of hours on Saturday then went back on Sunday. By the time we finished, we had 47 fish in the cooler! The kids were soooo excited. We've never had such luck fishing before. We're gonna go again next weekend or spring break. Can't wait.

I know y'all are probably wondering why I'm home from work AGAIN! Vallory got up and threw up again this morning. She only throws up when she lays down, so I think that it is sinus drainage. (You know that kinda makes you queasy.) So I am gonna go and take her to see Angel in a little while. I hope she can give her something to clear up her sinuses. Maybe that will help.

O.k. I've been avoiding a diet all year. I think that I am going to try the Slimfast thing. I do well on low-carb and Weight Watchers, but that's too much work for me. I hate trying to track points or keep up with what is on the allowed foods lists. I follow it for a week (maybe) then always give up in frustration. Slimfast is relatively cheap and simple and low on the planning scale. I Slimfast shakes, so I talked to Tim yesterday. (I NEVER discuss diets with him. ) Anyway, I told him that I plan to have 3 or so Slimfast shakes during the day and a Lean Cuisine or other frozen dinner most nights. He has agreed to fend for himself and the kids. I'm gonna post my food on a food thread or Fitday so I can keep up with it. I've cut back for the past couple of weeks and I am going to weigh in when I take Vallory to the doctor later. I sure hope that I am under 253 (my highest thus far )

Well, I gotta get off here. I have to call the doctor. I'll see y'all later.

BTW glad to see you back Shanna!
Old 02-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #15  

Morning ladies---

Gotta be quick..I leave in 15 mins. to get to school.

I did my weigh in today and man let me tell you that scale won't budge!! 150 and holding!! I thought that with my lack of eating I would have lost something but NOOOOO it's hanging on for dear life!! I even put two of my 3lb weights on to make sure it's working....yep...it weighed 6lbs.!!

So.....I'm going to try and get in WATER-WATER-WATER-and more WATER!!!!
I will start with that. And by next Monday...if I'm not seeing something...then I guess I'm going to have to do something drastic! (ok... I doubt that will happen....)

I will start walking around the neighborhood more...We'll see.

Ok...I need to get off here and get ready.

BBL
Marti

Oh yeah...while watching extreme makeover last week...one of the workout trainers mentioned that if you're under a lot of stress....that itself will halt your weight loss. It just stalls. Something in your body releases something (sorry, wish I knew what I was talking about!) and your efforts to lose weight will just stall. Hmmmmm......am I under stress?? Maybe a little.
Closed Thread