Old 02-19-2004, 06:49 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down Christian Encouragers #180

If you are looking for a wonderful group of people who will be here for you and encourage you through Prayer & Support... then You have found the right Thread This is a great group who will be very encouraging and caring and ANYONE is welcome to join!

SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:57 AM   #2  

Angry

Here's a LINK to the last Thread #179 in case you need to catch up on reading Catch you all later...

Have a Great Day!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...560#post522560

Old 02-19-2004, 07:29 AM   #3  

Thanks Sunny for starting a new thread. Well I am going to work today one of my DD's is taking care of Molli. The Dr. gave her some meds that she has to take 5x a day so She will be busy. I have someone working for me Fri. so I will be home with her Fri. And since she seems to have a mild case of chicken pox maybe she can go back to school Monday. (Please pray!)
I made a nice big meal last night (something I haven't done in a long time) made my meatloaf with red potato and carrots! What a hit even my Married DD came over to eat! (I just ate a little meatloaf and potato's)
Well got to run will post more latter!
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

Wink

You are very Welcome SAMI,
How are you feeling today? Your dinner sounded so very good! I took out some beef this morning --- I am going to make a meatloaf and mashed potatoes & veggies tonight. Joe is looking forward to it and so am I!

I am not doing so well these days with the SBD I am on (just not feeling well or losing wt.), so I am going to do what I did the last time I lost over 80lbs (in the 1980's)... watch my portions and remove all sugars & did not eat after 7:00pm. I still ate potatoes and lost so that's what I am going to do. I have been feeling very low (I think because I worked so hard exercising and haven't seen loss) and I miss making normal dinners - the comfort foods. So I decided after talking with my hubby last night to just cook like I use to and make sure I just make a veggie & salad at every lunch & dinner meal. And know the portions to eat! I think that's the biggie - portion sizes. I have had no energy and have felt completely exhausted this last 8 days or so... and I have no other place to vent but here! Everyone at home (family / friends) expect me to always be "Up" and "Happy" and won't give me the time of day if I am having a bad week. I am usually the one there for them, so I have no one for me when I need it. So... here I am very alone at the moment with the exception of you and the others... I so hate feeling like this!

I will keep Molli in my prayers. She has to be so miserable! WoW ... what a day of calamities you had yesterday! Hope you & the family have a much better day today!!

Yep! I think I am also going through "winter blues"... I am so ready to spend some time in my gardens. I miss feeling the sun on me and the warmth. It is just too gloomy here for too long and it's so hard to stay chipper without some sunshine to give you a jump-start. It's suppose to get warmer and sunny today, but it is still very overcast at the moment --- I am waiting very impatiently... "Come on sun!" - "Come on Spring!"

Thanks so much for giving me a place to come to vent!

Love you guys!
Donna / SunnyD
Old 02-19-2004, 08:52 AM   #5  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I am feeling much better about myself. Thanks for your kind words and prayers. I realize that no one can change me but ME. I re-read the Curves eating plan last night (it's like SBD) and think I'll give it another go after I get some groceries this weekend. I agree with you Sunny that it's all about portion control.I think I'll end up doing what you are. I'm just doing this to kick start myself again.

Sami: Praying for you and Molly. Hope she's not too uncomfortable. Take care of yourself too.

Have a super day today.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #6  

Angry

Just wanted to let you all know that I took a workout on the elliptical after I wrote this morning and I feel so much better... thanks again for allowing me a place to just vent. It's just great knowing there's a place to come to

God Bless!

Hi WILMA!!!
I am so happy for you that you are feeling so much better! It is so hard when you get in that spot, isn't it. You know it's up to you to do something, but sometimes it's hard to see the light when the tunnel feels so deep. I saw too that the Curves plan is very similar to the SBD, but it's just not working for me with the workouts - I seem to need more carbs for working out. I feel better. I am just going to watch the amount I take in.

Keep your chin up
Old 02-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #7  

SunnyD...WE care! And we'll be here when you need to "vent" or have someone to talk with. I understand. I'm normally "up", & called "bubbly". No one expects me to be down...I'm the one to talk to. As you said. That's one reason I got started going into weight loss forums. I saw how people talked things over, & really listened. I've never had anyone to really listen to me. So, anytime....you may have to get my attention...but, scream if you have to!
I get down a lot of times with this stupid house. Sometimes I wish it had just burnt down! We probably would be living normal by now. Easier to build a new one, than remodel. Sorry.....this wasn't about me. Just know that even "bubbly" & "happy" people can get down. I had a pastor one time to say that Christians shouldn't get depressed. They have the Lord & should be happy. I loved my pastor & agreed with most things he said. But, I disagree with that statement. Of course, I'm happy in the Lord. There are things in life that can burden us down, though. Also, things can keep happening...as it did with us...until we're in a depressed state. DH says he's not letting anything "rule his life" & get him down. But, I've noticed times when he didn't know I was around....he was very sad. He's also made statements before. Anyway....as I said...not about me.
We all love you SunnyD...& care when you're down. Just know that.

Sami....I'm soooo sorry for all your problems. Hope Molli gets better real soon. Also, hope things work out at work, so you can help at home & not make the boss mad. Take care of yourself.

Wilma...praying for you.
Everyone have a good day.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #8  

Default Checking in

Thought I should drop in and say hi - have been reading all the posts but have just felt to tired to post.

Am doing fairly well I think. As of yesterday I have walked 729 miles and have had 9 workouts at Curves.

On February 10 we started a 6 week challenge at Curves - last Friday I had lost 1 pound - and tomorrow will get weighed for the challenge. Then next week - February 27 will be officially weighed for the 1 month since joining Curves.

Don't think much weight has left my body but do feel a difference in the way the clothes fit - so do no that inches have been lost. Funny thing though about the inches. Was measured on February 1 and then on February 10 when we started the challenge another person from Curves measured me - and put my waist measurments up by 2 inches. Didn't think to much about it but thie past Tuesday feeling that I might have lost a few I thought I would take a peek and remeasure my waist. Said the same as it was on February 2 - up 2 inches. So on Wednesday when I was at Curves at the girl about this (she was the one that originally measured me) She measured me again - the waist showed I was up 8 inches - impossible in 1 day. Don't know where or how she got this figure - so yesterday afternoon I called back the girl that measured me Tuesday night - they are correcting my original measurment from the number on February 10 rather than the one on the 1st. So am not sure what I have really lost in the waist. But I know I am feeling the clothes fitting different.

Please continue to pray for my son and myself - there is a lot of conflict between us - he does not like to be given instructions from anyone, and especially from me - and I am having a difficult time handling that he doesn't do as he is told.

With recovering from cancer, trying to lose weight and raising my son and my younger daughter who has Down Syndrome - homeschooling on top of this - and trying to be the best parent possible - well I feel really stretched. Am really feeling the sense that I have and still am failing my son - he only reacts to me - could be because I am with him 24/7 while his father isn't. Between teenagers, lack of finances, and health issues - I am finding myself rather spent thinly.

Am going to go now and have an afternoon 'nap' something I don't normallydue but with the headaches (caused from blood pressure going up because of the stress) I am finding I need to lay down occasionally.

Will check in later.
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #9  
child of God

Angry

Hi...I'm new here. Is this an open group or regionally/otherwise specific??

Mainly I'm seeking prayerful encouragement. I've struggled with weight since high school, but not obese till the last several years. Now, I am concerned of just being more health conscious. I need to exercise more but rarely have the energy to do it.. or too sore so I try to do it as I'm able or have the get up and go to follow through. I have tried and failed weight loss many times and realize that not only does my weight outlook need a change, everything in life has to be balanced and focused.. on Christ. So that is where I've tried to be and I'm becoming increasingly conservative and more dependant on Him all the time.

I like checking in with a support network cuz maybe I have something useful to say or maybe I can learn a new low-cost, healthy recipe for a big lot like ours or just get uplifted for the day. I do not count calories or own a scale or follow any program or diet. I'm also a baby-stepper, praying to upgrade to letting go, as God truly wants. I am here to serve God first in all things and know that along the way I need to include my eating and exercise (or lack thereof!).

My top priorities in life are my daily walk and faith in Christ, opening up and remaining available to serve in whatever capacity God asks of me with and separate from my husband, Scripturally tackling parenthood and trying to return to or instill healthy habits in our family.

So, if you'll be so kind as to let me hang out with you and do my thing while hopefully helping you do yours then I think that could be cool.

some basic details...
I'm 35, disciple of Christ first then wife and mom/stepmom of 5
we live in NH with a retired GSD (used to breed) a cat that sort of adopted us but is really just using us for the food and one parakeet each for us three girls. My husband and I started livn4christ.com as opening a door to faith-based ministry as that is how we have lived our lives. Currently we are transitioning into creating some short 2D cartoon clips for evangelizing and witnessing, possibly web and DVD based. It's a learning process that we're excited about. Wherever God leads and directs!!

eeyore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #10  

Angry Welcome!

Hello EEYORE...
You are more then to join in with us! So glad to meet you --- thanx for the introduction.

(I just did a copy & paste from my last intro - hope you don't mind)
A little info about me for you: I am just 47 years old. I selected SUNNYD57 for my name in the forum (most just call me Sunny ) Sunny (for a good disposition) & D (Initial of my first name Donna) 57 (the year I was born - a very good year I might add... I love the 50's ) I am a huge fan of the vintage years ~ 30's, 40's & 50's, Big Band Music & Fifties Music.

My hubby, Joe, works for a grocery store chain "TOPS". He works in Bakery Maintaince for ~ALL~ the stores in OHIO. So he drives all over the state, driving a very large van. He can get in anywhere from 800 - 1,000 miles a week in driving. So sometimes I get pretty concerned when he leaves the house - I rely on my prayers and faith that the Lord will bring him home to me when he walks out the door in the morning. Thank goodness for cell-phones too! We call one another at least 2 - 3 x a day... staying in touch and making sure each is having a good, safe day. He's all I have... well, other then my boys - 3 kitties - Domino (8 yrs old), & brother's, Guido & Zeppe (1 3/4 yrs old). Joe & I couldn't have children, but are involved in youth ministries & our church. We both sing in a small group called "Gift of Song". And have been married 28 yrs, June 21st will be 29 years for us My parents and two (of three) siblings live in MAINE... so you aren't far from them.

I wish you well and hope that this thread will help you reach your goals... I know that these people have really helped me since I joined last August --- as you can see from this morning... THANK-YOU, ANGEL! You are Special!!!

So that's about it about us... (sorry everyone for boring you with info you have read before )

Pic of my hubby, Joe: (Just click on links)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...chmentid=17385

Pic of me:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...chmentid=17386

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-19-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:42 PM   #11  

Wink Pics continued for EEYORE

Pic of Domino:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...chmentid=16799

Pic of my two boys - Guido & Zeppe (brothers):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...chmentid=17383

Old 02-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default from Angie

Here's pics of our new puppy. We will be able to pick her up in two weeks.
Gary is NOT HAPPY! He's a "scrooge" when it comes to dogs. But I know how to get what I want

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:03 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:23 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default I Am Not!!

I AM NOT A SCROOGE!!

I just really didn't want another "kid" to take care of. Plus I was tricked!! YES I WAS!! Angie comes in from work late--I ask "where were you?" -"I was out shopping." - me "OK" the next thing I know she is on the computer, checking her e-mail as usual RIGHT? NOPE!! she calls me into the room and says "Honey, look what I bought today." Now how in the world could I resist that puppy-- she knows I am a sucker for babies and puppies! I am not so sure I like the idea of her carrying around her digital camera Anyway she placed the down payment on "HER" golden retriever and we should pick her up in a couple of weeks when she is old enough-- her name is RILEY-- Angie picked out her name after seeing some dog show the other day on TV-- had the name but NO DOG

I have been busy with tennis and soccer (the girls) so haven't been here much.

I wish all of you the best and I know you can and will lose weight-- stop setting goals that cannot be reached, that just keep you frustrated-- just keep at it EVERY day through BETTER choices, better exercise-- stop worrying about diets (I KNOW IT WORKS FOR SOME PEOPLE and I don't want to offend anyone) But to tell you the truth I have seen tons of diets the 2 years i have been on this site and very few seem to work-- but what I have seen is that as long as you are trying (NOT PERFECT) and working at it through better eating and exercise (curves for example) you seem to be happier! Now! if you can take that and go with it for a couple of years I know you will see success! Dr. Phil is working, sbd, etc. but not for everyone-- my thinking is BOTTOM LINE-- calories in--calories out-- eat better-eat less- exercise more! and you will WIN!! You all know your VICES-- for me it's chips!! and beer.

As far as being depressed and Angel's 'ol pastor saying we shouldn't get that way--WE SHOULDN'T!! but WE DO-- we are human-- the ticket here is that we have Christ to get us through it as long as we focus on Him--it is harder for some of us than others-- but it is the KNOWING that He will get us through it that gives us hope that others do not have!

I have said prayers for all of you-- I don't have time tonight to post more- Ron and I have some homework problems to work through... bless you all SCROOGE! er... Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 12:16 AM   #14  

Hello! And a HUGE Welcome to eeyore! I go by the screen name Sami! I am the Mother of 6 children 5 girls and 1 boy the girls ages are 21,16,13,9,7 and my son is 19 and my oldest got married this past Sept so I have a wonderful SIL. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Sunny-You know you can always vent here. We are here for you and will alway listen! We all have our bad days and you are right getting sun light makes you feel better. I use to go tanning about this time of year because it made me feel better. And one of the questions on the medical form for the new speicalist I am seeing ask how much sun do you get per day. So I am sending you a big {{{{{HUG}}}}}

Wilma and Sprout-I don't care what the WI says you just keep going! Just think if you didn't you will gain! And I know that what EZ said is right the only time I ever lose is when I eat healthy and exercise! I really don't eat much but due to my health issues I went from being very active to a sit down job and I know all the pain meds make it worse also. We can't give up. That is just what the devil wants us to do Give up! And We are not going to give up!

Ez-I can see in the near future that dog will be sleeping in your bed! You will love it! And it will end up being your dog and not Angie's. I know my DH said my dog would not sleep with us and she does and now she is smart enough to love on my DH all the time and he is starting to be a big push over! Now my 16 yr old is a diffrent story. Pepper got in her Valintine candy and ate it then it upset her tummy and guess who's clothes she went on! My DD is so mad at my dog! I don't know why but this dog has always picked on her eats her stuff and goes potty on her clothes (even clean ones).

AngelLover-Everytime I think about your house I could just cry for you. My DM lost her house in a fire. We were out of town because my cousin had been killed in a car acc. and we got the call that her house had burned down. I will never forget what she went through. And to make matters worse she has to get 3 est. to rebuild and if that cost to much then they would buy her another house. She didn't know who to contact and the insurance gave her a name of someone who came in and way under bidded. And they were only willing to pay the least amount (which was thier guy who was way under the others) She did get a new house and God has watched over her and blessed her. My Mom had just went through losing my father and my brother and sister her Mother and now while she was with her sister (who was with her through everything) during her loss and she lost her house. She reminds me of the story of Job. She lost everything and then God blessed her with a house that is paid for and enough money to be comfortable. I will keep praying that your suffering will end soon.

I do have a prayer request. My brother has moved in with my Mom. He has a drinking problem and is really stressing my Mom. Please Pray that he will see that His drinking has cost him everything! He use to have a great paying job now he can't find one. He has lost his house and doesn't get along with his kids.

My Molli looks really good for Chicken pox. She should be able to go back to school Monday. I am off work friday so that makes me feel better.

I have to tell you one more thing. My boss has been gone or worked the opp. of me all week. I came in this morning and she had filled my mail box up with notes of things to do. And then had a note in there that said clean out your mail box! So I did all the stuff (most of it really is her job to do but she doesn't know how) And then put a note in her box that said My mail box was clean when I left on Tues. But someone put a bunch of junk in there for me to do! One of the problems I am having at work is my boss (who is really a nice person) but she doesn't stop to think before she does dumb things like that. She does things like this to her peers and they get mad and I end up being the one who catches the stuff. One of the other bosses were sooooo mad over something she did that I heard about it over and over. I finally said to him I have never said that to you why do you keep being nasty to me? So he has been going out of his way to be nice. Well now I have vented enough!!!!!

Prayers for all of you........ and a speical one for Riley!!!!
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:08 AM   #15  

EEYORE! Glad you joined us.
I'm 54...married to the greatest DH. Have 4 children & 11 grands. Two horses. Live too close to the road in the country for other pets. They kept getting hit by cars. The horses are pets for our grands.

Sami...I certainly feel for your mother & all she went through. It was similar to our problem with the insurance. 3 estimates....took the lowest, which wasn't near enough. Now, we're out of money....sitting in the middle of an unfinished burnt house! I'd send pics, but too embarrassed. I think the theft of the remaining furnishings & personal belongings bothered us worse than the fire, though. Maytag Co may finally come through, some day. But, they can't bring back the sentimental things that were stolen. I'm having to really fight the ole devil on that one. I took it so personally....more so than DH. We believe it was someone who knew about the fire & storage. To think someone would purposely hurt us.........anyway, no need to rehash. Just keep praying for us. Getting very tired of living like this. Glad things worked out for your mom.
I will be praying for your request. Sad when liquor & drugs rule our lives. Also, still praying for Molli. Hope things are better at work, soon.

Sunny...glad you're feeling better. Remember, talk to us anytime. You don't have to stop posting. I found it helps to "get it out".

Angie....what a sweet puppy! Just want to cuddle it! Glad the "scrooge" accepted it.

Everyone have a great day!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote