Old 03-20-2004, 10:04 AM   #61  

Smile Spring has sprung!!

We have closed our machine shop. DH called our vendors to tell them. Some were surprised and some weren't. He also called one machine shop that does some work for us to let him know and he told DH that he may not be very far behind us in closing his shop too. He also said that he knows of a couple of machine shops that are going under. We're heading for FL in a few weeks, and while we're down there we'll be scouting around looking at houses, and if the cottage sells then we'll buy something.

Kate, we still have snow too. Did you get a lot of snow earlier in the week? We only got about 3" and that was 3" too much We had on and off flurries most of the week. They say we might see more snow by tomorrow morning.

Siwa, glad you're home safely. Was there much snow on the ground when you arrived home?

Hi everyone

Enjoy your weekend.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:35 PM   #62  
Citizen of the World

You know, I didn't miss all this housework AT ALL while I was gone. Since I'd paid the bills ahead for 3 months I didn't have that to deal with either and that very relaxed lifestyle suited me just fine. I like being active around the house, it's just the grunt work I dislike. Had a good time yesterday at the nieces' and nephew's b'day party. The now 6 yr old looked like she'd grown 2" since I saw her at Christmas. The 6, 7 and 8 yr olds were quite toothless. Gosh, it's sure fun watching them grow up, esp when I don't have to be involved in the day to day of it. This must be kind of like having grandchildren. The girls will come over for an overnite during their spring break. That's always fun for all of us.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:46 PM   #63  
Citizen of the World

Still concerned about losing long posts so that's why I'm doing 2-----------------

KATE--I started back at Curves last Thur. There are only about 3 machines that made me feel the pain. Upper body machines. They have a new machine again. Now there are 14 machines. The new machine makes us bend left and rt at the waist. Not much snow when we arrived last week. Just as DS said--around the edges of yards where the plow had piled it high. Then it snowed a couple inches and was clinging to everything the next morning. It was gorgeous and GONE by 10:00am. Have had 40's and even more of that edge snow melted. RE:Greek American relations---The Greeks have not like Americans for a long time and I think it's almost a traditions now. Just as in all countries you'll find nice and not so nice people. I think you'll have a fabulous time there.

ALICE--No snow in the forecast and most is gone now. Evev some 50's in the near future. No "REAL" signs of spring yet.
Siwaoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #64  

Hi all,
We had sad news last night. Our friends that we visited in PA last weekend have a DIL who was expecting. Her due date was Saturday. She had 20 hrs. of labor Monday and they decided to take the baby by caesarian. Something went wrong...they severed an artery or cut her uterus too deep and she began bleeding very heavily. They've given her 2 liters of blood and she's may have to get more tonight. She already went through a second surgery. If she's still bleeding they'll have to do a hysterectomy. What an ordeal she's been through. It would mean a lot to me if you could keep Sheri in your prayers.

Alice: I'm sorry to hear about your machine shop. It must be very hard for you, but what wonderful new opportunities are open to you. You and your DH both dislike the cold so Florida should be a perfect move for you. I'm sure your in-laws would welcome you being closer. I hope you find just what you're looking for when you visit and I will keep my fingers crossed that the sale of your cottage goes through soon. We had a foot of snow with the storm last week. It pretty much had melted and then we got 3 inches yesterday. Today it rained and it was up near 60 weird, weird, weird.

Siwa: Glad that you had fun at the birthday party. It's nice that you live close and are able to enjoy your nieces and nephew. Kids keep you young. You have a few more machines at Curves than we do. We're supposed to be getting another soon. I think it's the one that you described...bending left and right. I'm hoping that the people in Greece are more receptive to tourists since they're hosting the summer olympics in August.

Ann, Barb, and Candice: Is everything okay? It's been a while since we've heard from all of you. I hope it's just from being busy.

Looks like I may have lost another # I sneaked a peek today. I've been trying to weigh just once a week, but I couldn't resist.

Take care,
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:48 AM   #65  

Smile

Good morning,

Kate, I am so sorry about your friends' DIL. What a tragic thing to happen in someone so young. I hope everything will turn out ok so she won't have to have a hysterectomy. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. Please let me know how things turn out. Congratulations on you weight loss!! Are you still staying away from pasta and sweets? If so, it's working very well for you. It's great once you take sugar out of your diet. You wouldn't believe how many foods have hidden sugars in them. You really did get a lot of snow in that storm. I am very thankful it stayed well to the south of us, as did the second storm. Our temps haven't been all that great, but hopefully by the weekend they'll be warmer. My IL's are only in FL during the winter months. They are a riot, everytime they go out they ride around looking at houses for us, plus every week my MIL sends the weekend RE section to us. Our move is very scary and exciting at the same time. I hope everything goes as planned.

Siwa, glad that your snow melted so soon. Our's has melted from the last couple of storms, but we still have a lot to go. Actually, we didn't get as much snow this winter as we usually get. Glad that you had a good time at the birthday party. It's amazing how kids change when you don't see them for awhile. We have a Curves that just opened up last week in the town next to me. I may see about it when we get back from FL. I was surprised that one opened in that town because I didn't think there would be enough interested people to support one, as it's a very poor town.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Alice
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:54 AM   #66  
Member Florida Chick

Talking

Hi Everyone: Things have been busy around here, and then we were away for a few days at Bonita Springs to visit DH brother and SIL. We sure don't want to live down there is South Fl. The traffic is unbelieveable. I'll never complain about our traffic here. It tooks us 45 minutes to drive about 6 miles one day. bumper to bumper, just barely moving.

I have been trying to catch up on all the posts.
Siwa: Glad you are home safe and sound. I think you had an interesting return trip. I enjoy museums, etc. but since lately we have been traveling with our little dog, it is hard for us to take in some of those neat places. It is not possible to leave her in the car, as usually it is too hot.

Alice: If I remember correctly your family is in the Fort Myers area. The weather is great, and the winter traffice is horrendous. So I guess there has to be a trade-off, but we are content where we are. We aren't great beach goers, and we have found everything that we need right here in Central Fl. I think the building craze is going on all over Fl right now.

Candice: I wish i could be as disciplined with food as you are. Even if you do talk about cookies alot. I know what you mean about salt. I don't use salt either, and then when we go out to eat, or I get something ready prepared I can plan to hold on to a couple of lbs of water. Chinese food is the worst.

Kate: Sorry about your friends DD. I hope that she will not have to have the hysterectomy. I think that Dr. should be liable for mal-practice. Most usually in todays world, a C section is not too complicated. Is the baby okay? Glad we aren't in N.Y. now. We are so happy to be away from snow and all that goes with it. Especially all the April mud.

I am finally getting used to not haveing so much to do. I have almost relaxed too much, as I have forgotten to do some things that I should have done. but I think now I am settled into a more normal life. My DH loves the fact that the telephone isn't ringing all the time.

Hope to see you tomorrow. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote