Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 12:07 AM   #16  
Losing it!

Thanks Sherry, just what I needed to see as I'm sitting here eating a Wendy's frosty...
Old 02-20-2004, 09:08 AM   #17  

Can anyone tell me what happened Wednesday on My Big Fat Obnoxious Boyfriend? I fell asleep.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:34 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Ramona, unless I missed something too...the wedding is still on. Randy's parents are taking it better then I thought they would. Her mom is going along with her wishes, dad is suspicious, but not saying anything. Her two brothers are acting like butt-heads and refusing to go to the wedding. The older brother can be a total a**! Her sister is just hanging, not saying too much of anything. Steves "family" is still up to no good. His mom tried teaching all of the women how to "pole dance" and strip, she then suggested to have pizza rolls served at the wedding because Steve likes them. The sister and best friend are still goofy and the dad is really playing games with Randy's dad. It looks like Randy's older brother will cause problems at the wedding, even if they can't pull it off, I think she still deserves the money for everything she has went through. Something did cross my mind though...a very major part of the program was trying to catch Randy by asking her Steves BD and favorite color...she hurried and told Steve how to answer. The next time Steve was around dad, Randy's dad did ask him and he had the same answers. I found it odd that they would be concerned about this stuff when no mention has been made to religion, family background etc. Makes you wonder how much of the "good stuff" gets edited.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #19  

Thanks Sherry that is just what I needed to keep me out of all the chocolate and sweets in my kitchen They have been calling my name all morning.
I am doing weight watchers I will try to remember and post my menu for today this evening. That is a great idea I get tired of eating the same thing. I already added animal crackers to my grocery list.

Hope everyone is having a great day
Tina
Old 02-21-2004, 09:48 PM   #20  

Evening everyone....

I swear i must be an evil person that everytime i turn around there is a major problem popping up to cause stress. After 3 years of emotional stress i thought this would be the year things would start looking up.
Well here is the problem, we are sitting eating dinner and our daughter calls to tell us that we need to come and pick her up b/c the police are at the apt. she is at and they are arresting her boyfriend's cousin for drugs. My heart i think stopped working for a minute b/c i couldn't believe what i was hearing on the phone.
Well we get there and there she is sitting and her boyfriend and 2 girls i never seen before and there is this table with so much pot on it that i thought i was going to be so ill. The cops tell us that she is one lucky girl and that they were not going to arrest her but that she could have and been in alot of trouble tonite. Her boyfriend had no idea that this kid had and was dealing drugs. We brought her home and they are scared shitless and i am so glad that they are.. They will be re-evaluating thier situation very much so.

I am sitting here having chest pains from the stress of worrying everyday about my mom who by the way is doing extremely well and no effects from her episode the other week.

I don't think i can take much more hurt from anyone or i will be the one doing something drastic. I will get off my box now and thanks for letting me vent ...

Sorry to post a negative but knew my friends would listen.

Vicki
Old 02-21-2004, 11:54 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Vickster, you don't have an evil bone in your body, life just dumps crap on us every so often. In fact, I have found it to be true that the good people seem to always have more bad stuff happening to them. It must be Gods way of telling you that he knows your a strong woman and can handle it. So, the boyfriend is saying he didn't know about the drugs? I find that very hard to believe. In your daughters defense, I have been in a situation like that and went along with everything in the sake of love. My first husband abused drugs (I didn't) but I married him and stayed with him because I was young and I really thought I knew what love was. I didn't... :-) I know your upset and I'm sorry, I wish I knew a way to take some of the hurt away. Know that you have a very special friend here in Kansas that loves and cares about you. Try not to think to much and get back involved with the things your doing for you like the red hat club etc. Ok?? LOVE YA! Gayle
Old 02-22-2004, 10:06 AM   #22  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather is beautiful here, almost like springtime. We worked on the deck all day. I have muscles hurting me this morning that I didn't know I had. Digging post holes and pouring concrete...Are you impressed? LOL

Vicki....Sorry for all your problems. Raising children is hard, and I wonder if our job is ever done. My grown kids still give me heartache all the time.

Sherry...Hope you had a good time at Chris' yesterday. Looking forward to celebrating with you with next weekend. I'm feeling kinda old today!!

Your girls have been doing such a great job staying OP. WTG!!! I have been 50-50 this last week. Can't seem to OP 100% all day long. This week I will be 5? and still battling with these extra pounds. Surely with the rude awakening of being another year older it will hit home to me and I will once in for all decide to stick with this weighloss challenge. Something has to click with me soon.

Love to all my floozie friends...deb
Old 02-22-2004, 10:48 AM   #23  
Carol

Debbie: I hear you. I did so well for 2 whole days, then fell off again. I can't believe that after I lost that weight I have put back on 15!! Why do we do this to ourselves. I am going to try again starting tomorrow. We are doing to the inlaws for dinner today so it is hopeless to start today. She is a great cook and cooks enough for an army.

Talk to you all later. I am too depressed to talk right now.

Carol
Old 02-22-2004, 11:04 AM   #24  

Howdy

Chris moved out (again) last weekend. He had been at home for a year since his last move-out (which lasted a year). Him & his best friend moved into a house in the country. It's so pretty and they have decorated nicely.

Monday is his 21st Birthday. Yesterday he had a cook-out for his Birthday. What's funny is that he had me to bring almost all the food! Well....good news: I stayed OP!!

Carol & Debbie.......
You will & can get back OP 100%!!!! I had a hard time too.I was about 75% everyday and couldn't seem to get back 100%. Then one day I asked myself if I wanted to look good in my swimsuit and shorts this summer or did I want to look & feel bad. Somehow it clicked! Please don't give up and remember we're all here for you!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Vicki....I know you must be very upset! You may never know if your Daughter & her b/f knew that his friend was a drug dealer or not. But what's important is that hopefully this was an eye opener and they can count their blessings that he didn't get them caught up in this drug thing also.{I pray they haven't} We're here for you!! We love you & let us know if you need to talk! You can email me anytime!

WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE??????

Have a great day! I'll check back in later. Cleaning house & washing today.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:07 PM   #25  

Sherry-I've been guilty of just lurking. You have been doing great staying OP, but I haven't seen any posts from you on the exercise thread!

Vicki-You are an amazing person. Just remember that things could have been MUCH worse if they had arrested your daughter! You are very lucky in that respect.

Carol and Debbie-Keep trying to stay OP. Even partly on is better than not at all! Why don't you both come over and start walking?

I got all my money back from the shyster, so I am not going to leave him any kind of feedback at all. I am just happy to have gotten a refund.

I don't know if any of you have children in Odyssey of the Mind, but I am judging it this year. I did it 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. Yesterday I had an all day training and the event is March 6 all day long.

Gayle-Have you given any more thought to the wine cup for Patty?

I have to go take the girls to work now.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #26  

I'm taking a break.....

Dee,
If you're reading this...I truly miss you! I hope that your Mom is doing ok.You've been on my mind a lot lately. I don't know when you're coming home but wanted you to know that I love & miss you when you read this.

Shelley,
Now that Chris is gone again, The room is empty except for a treadmill. No excuses for not walking now! I may try to walk tonight if I'm not too tired from cleaning!!
Old 02-22-2004, 02:30 PM   #27  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone...I'm guilty of lurking...

Shelley - I hope you reconsider your decision not to post feedback on the person who sold you the fake purse. I know if I read feedback about him selling a fake, I wouldn't buy from him. Your feedback could keep someone else from getting gypped.

Ramona - I was an investigative assistant for a federal law enforcement agency for five years and I know how tough some of the cases can be sometimes. Child abuse is always the worst to deal with. It's really important that you work through the emotions it brings up, otherwise you will burn out. Keep sharing here.

Everyone else...I feel badly for not keeping up with the boards as much as I used to. It just seems lately that I am on the computer 24/7!

Jennelle
Old 02-22-2004, 03:48 PM   #28  

Hi girls! I hope you are all having a nice weekend. It is simply beautiful outside today! I wish I could just sit outside in the sunshine, but I have too much to do inside.
We went to a banquet last night and Rick bought a raffle ticket for the ladies' table...and he won! So, I got a whole table full of gifts, some really nice and some.....well...let's just say I have some more things for my garage sale! The most hilarious thing was I won was a package of halter tops. One was floral, one had Harley Davidson Flames, and one was camouflage.......CAN YOU IMAGINE ME IN ONE OF THOSE???!!!! hahaha Of course, everyone else thought it was hilarious and they took my picture holding the halter tops! If it makes the paper, you'll probably here me scream all the way to Canada!!!

Jennelle, I know what you mean about trying to work through the emotions. Everyone says I'll get used to it. Well, I hope I never get used to it. The day that happens is the day that I'm a different person. I can deal with it, but I'll never understand it.

For everyone struggling to stay OP, I'll send good thoughts your way if you'll send them mine.

For everyone who is staying OP, congrats and keep up the good work!

Oh yeah, we went to a wedding yesterday afternoon. The whole wedding was a bit different than what I'm used to, but it was nice. When the minister pronounced them husband and wife, they kissed, and then the groomsmen all pulled score cards out of their tuxes and rated the kiss. That was something I'd never seen before, but it sure lightened everything up. The whole audience broke out in laughter!

Okay, I'm off to get some things done. Dan's girlfriend is going to see him Wednesday and I have some things for her to take to him. He leaves for Kuwait City one week from Tuesday.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:52 PM   #29  

Sherry how sweet of you to say that you miss me. I miss you too when I am away. I don't know what I would do with out you guys. You are a big part of my life.
I got home late friday night. Mom is doing ok, getting a little stronger each day. We are so lucky that she didn't have brain damage. her vocal cords may have a bit of damage and she just needs to get her strength back and she will be back to normal. She needed to quit smoking and this has been hard on her. How far is Chris from you? How are you coping with his move? Way to go for staying on program.

Shelley I too have been burned from ebay. If I would have read some negitive feed back I would not have bought from this guy. How is Brutis doing this weekend? Keep up the jogging and that is wonderful that you are staying on program.

Vicki that must have been quite the scare for everyone. Your daughter is lucky. I hope that she realizes the consequences of being around drugs. Glad that you vented here.

Carol tomorrow is a new week. You can get back on program tomorrow and not look back.

Debbie wow I cannot believe it is like spring there. We are still buried in snow. You will just love your pool this summer.

Tina I love the ww program. It is so flexible. Now for me to get back on it tomorrow.

Gayle how was your weekend? Did you do anything for yourself?

Yesterday Larry and I went snow golfing. That was our first time. After our team of four had a round of beer we headed out onto the fairway of snow with out 3 irons and tennis balls. The snow was up to our knees in places, good thing it was a mild day because we got soaked. Anytime our ball went off the fairway it was a ***** to find. It was a 9 hole course. We had pit stops at the shooter shack at holes 4 and 7. They served shooters in capped pill bottles. It helped me improve my game. There was a roaring fire beside the shooter shack that we dried our socks on. We had a blast. After our game we heading in for a few brewskis. Our team ended up with the best score. Not bad considering we scored between 40 to 51. We won 4 tickets to the hockey game thursday. We also won some door prizes. When it was time to go we had to draw straws to see who would drive the short distance home. Larry had a few more beers than I did and I haven't remewed my drivers liscence since I got home. Larry had the short straw, he drove home sweet home.

Today Larry is doing some renos on our bedroom foyer. I am just dicking around and thinking of Mexico.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:53 PM   #30  

Damn I'm tired!!!! I've done some deep cleaning today!!! I have added junk to the stuff downstairs for our yard sale and have thrown away 2 big trash bags full of junk! I'm one tired mama!!

Dee!!!!!
I'm so glad you're home and happy to hear that your Mom is doing good! I laughed so hard at your story about golfing in the snow! That is too funny! We wanted snow here so bad but looks like we will have none! Chris lives about 30 miles from here. Yes..It was so hard to see him move out. I know he'll do well and he'll be home a lot to visit. BTW: I read your post twice...Did you say you were "dicking" around????!!!! You crack me up!

Ramona,
Hey you're a hot mama!! Put that halter top on and show some BOD!!! I'm like you, I couldn't enjoy the beautiful day from being inside cleaning! The wedding sounded different indeed!

Jennelle,
Good to hear from you.Now stop lurking and POST!!!!!! Are you still trying to lose weight? If so, What plan are you following?

Debbie,
Are you stilll working on the deck? I hope you won't be too sore tomorrow to work! With you working on it all weekend I bet you lost a few lbs!! Someone's birthday is in 3 days! Hmmmm....Wonder who?!

Later....
Closed Thread