Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 08:45 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi All,

I had a HORRIBLE weekend eating wise. I could not seem to get my eating under control. Ugh, I feel awful.

Jessica, I joined Curves last year. I think you would like it. I liked that it was all women. The machines are easy to use and the staff is helpful. I'm not sure why that girl gained 9 lbs?? They do say that if you start working out you can gain but that seems like quite a bit. The only thing I didn't like about Curves was their hours. They close at 7 on weekdays and are open Sat. only until 11 a.m. No Sundays. That didn't work for me and I ended up joining a full scale gym in town. I have to say though that Curves gave me the confidence to go to the gym. Check out a thread under "exercise" I think, that is all about Curves.

I saw "Secrect Window" this weekend. It is based on a Stephen King story that I read many years ago but forgot about. It was good. Scary, but not too scary. I really like Johnny Depp. I think he's a great actor. One of my faves. Right behind Kevin Spacey. Donna, "Taking Lives" is next on my list along with that new Jim Carrey movie. Our paper gave both 4 stars so I have to see them both.

Well, I hope you all had a better weekend then I. Back to the gym tomorrow. I think I'll have to add an extra 20 min on the treadmill (all week) to try to undo the damage I did. Talk to ya later.

Lynn
Old 03-22-2004, 07:53 AM   #92  
Southern Belle

Red face

Good Monday Morning!!

Well, today starts a new beginning for me and losing weight. I am going to start a very involved program that I have come up with myself. Wish me luck. :Lucky: I am going to be eating High fiber, Low fat, Lots of veggies, fruits, very moderate amount of lean proteins,nd whole grains. I also am going to walk on the treadmill several times a day. Since I am so overweight and have so many health problems I can't walk very long at one time. I have been reading a diabetic book that recommends walking 10 minutes 3-4 times a day and building up to longer times and fewer sessions. The important thing is to get at least 30 minutes a day, and be patient.:halfful:
Since I do have diabetes, I may have to adjust the diet as I go depending on how my blood sugars do. I have read so much though that talks about how fiber makes you feel full, helps you lose weight, and helps maintain BS levels from meal to meal.

I weighed this morning so here are my new stats:
292/286/150. Not very pretty site but at least I am losing. I am losing like they recommend, one to two lbs a week. But at this rate, I will probably be 207 before I reach goal.

Lynn~ Sorry you had a horrible weekend!!! Just get up, brush yourself off and start with a clean slate. You can't do anything about the past. But be determined to make the future better.

Jessica Sorry don't know anything about Curves except what Lynn said. Hope you are feeling better.

DonnaD~ Hey, it looks like raintoday and tomorrow so I guess we will have to wait till Wednesday for a little more Being new, I missed what you are doing to your house?? Can you catch me up? I have to have my every morning and normally while checking in with ya'll I'm sipping it. I love blueberry pancakes! We keep some frozen around all the time just for that reason. And my little one likes me to smash up a banana and mix it in. It's pretty good but not as good as blueberry.

Well, ladies, I better kick in gear and get going. Still have to walk on the treadmill. I should walk before I drink the coffee but totally not able until I wake up. Have a GREAT MONDAY!!!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:28 PM   #93  

hello ladies. i hope everyone had a great weekend. i know i did. my daughters are back off of spring break and all is well at the amaya house. i had wi this morning and i lost the lb. i gained last week plus 3 more. that puts me at a total loss of 50.5lbs. everyone keep up the great work and i'll chat more later. HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #94  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Hi everyone
Weekends over,I'm back.
Had a good weekend of shopping, went to Coeur d' Alene ID. Drove by the lake it was beautiful out but a little cold in the shade. Our Spring is here 65 today. Give the skinny dips a little sun and off come the clothes
I swear if I'm ever thin I'd like to keep my brains. The worst part of summer is the dumb bimbos.
I decided to make chocolates for my sisters baby shower so I got some molds over the weekend Teddy bears, bottles, rattles, booties, safety pins, stollers. I made some last night because I need to learn how to do it. The first set was great the second didn't melt right...I put the flavor (blackberry)in to soon. oh my
Old 03-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #95  

Smile

Hi, I am needing to lose 160 pounds , and sometimes I feel like its hopeless, but as I was reading some of what you have to say , I know I'm not alone , I think I'll stick around for a while and chat from time to time.

Pitygirl

Last edited by pitygirl; 03-22-2004 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:41 PM   #96  
A princess on a mission

Default Hello Ladies

Just testing out these new colors but I dont think I am doing it right...oh well maybe one day I will figure that out...hehehe...this place is so neat with the graphics, colors, and people you meet...too cool

Hmmm...I wonder what this week will bring me...I hope its a great one for me and I hope its even a better one for you gals...I just hit a milestone...The scale I bought as a backup finally lets me see it...you probably dont understand it but I bought a scale without realizing it had a weight limit so I started going around again. Well yesterday when I weighed myself I actually am "on" the scale now...didn't that make me happy...

I was just wondering how everyone is doing with our April 1st goal...I hope we're getting closer and closer as the days go by...I am at just about 4 lbs lost but now they are seeming not to come off as quick as before but I guess thats okay at least its still losing...Keep me posted on how we all are doing...

I wanted to give a big WELCOME to PityGirl...take it from me...this is the place you want to be for support and guidance...these are a great bunch of gals...

Jessica

a nice for all of you
Old 03-22-2004, 09:47 PM   #97  

Default Blew it....

Hi all!

Well I think I can find any excuse to go off program. I was great all day. Started out with exercise. Brought my food to work. Didn't cheat(and they had all kinds of crap at work) Then I got home. Had my allowable snack. I got a headache and that was the beginning of the end. I ate a huge bowl of cinnamon toast crunch cereal with whole milk and a potato chip chaser. What the heck is wrong with me I am a mental case, that must be it. I think I feel since I watch people graze on the junk all day that I some how got cheated and go haywire. Then the headache called for sympathy eating I am so at myself. Well that's enough self pity. Tomorrow, start the same way, exercise and maybe bring more food to eat late day at work so not so hungry when I get home. Though I don't think it's hunger.

Jessica, good news about the scale : I have a totally different relationship with my scale Great job on the colors too. I find it confusing, but I'm not much of a person. This is my first and I 've only had it a few months. Oh yeah, on Curves. I liked the concept. I had joined a couple of yrs ago and the problems I ran into were 1. sometimes I would get someone very elderly (no disrespect, I will be there one day God willing) but they would have trouble entering and exiting the machines and it would throw off the timing and I would miss part of the workout. 2. The limited hours of operation. Holiday scheduling was a nightmare, they were never open(and that's when you need them most) and as Lynn experienced, Sat mornings was it for the entire weekend. Now some people have posted that they belong to 24 hr curves where you get an entry card. I don't know anyone personally who has that though. But it does work for a lot of people.

Pitygirl, I have over 100 lbs to lose, so you're not alone. This is the best place to be though. I belong to ediets and still spend more time here. We can do it Of course days like today don't help.

Alexia, Hey! Missed you this weekend. How are the chocolates doing? I would be very tempted to test every batch By the way, I feel terrible about doing so poorly on this challenge. It will be a miracle if I pull it off. But I'm still trying.

Chequita, way to go, or should I say Weigh to go! You have a good shot at making the challenge. Must be fun when your girls are home. My guys are all home. None of them finished college. But they are working and trying to figure out what they want to do. Gotta love em'

Sunshine, sounds like a great plan. I think I will take my out of retirement after reading your post. I am a diabetic also. My problem is my fasting BS. During the day when I'm eating I do ok. But after not eating all night it's up around 200 in the morning. I think the high fiber works. I think that's what my problem today was. I had yogurt an pretzels instead of triscuits or ww bread and BS must of spiked and it was downhill from there. Carbs were a callin' Had to have cereal. Well Good luck I'll be trying too.

Lynn, oh Lynn, I know how you feel. I blew it today. How will we ever make it to the challenge. I was down and up and down and up. Right now only down 1lb and only a week to go Well, you know as well as I, brush off and start again.

I hope everyone has a great tomorrow

Last edited by DonnaD; 03-22-2004 at 09:51 PM. Reason: colors didn't work
Old 03-23-2004, 03:57 AM   #98  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

I really don't have a BIG problem with I only ate a few to taste test. My problem is cheeseburger and frys from Zips now that I love

Welcome PityGirl you are really not alone in this. I also have over 100 to lose. So I'll be here for awhile. It seems less Hopeless when you have people to talk to in here and you see them doing it.

I was reading some of the back post: I'm not big on going out to movies I'd rather watch them at home. But I did see Pirates of the C. and I love Jhonny Depp even if he was acting kinda Qweer in that movie. I just seen Duplex on dvd and it was not as great as I had hoped.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:25 PM   #99  

Good Morning

I like your idea of 10lb goals I think I will try that, I am going to the beach in June so I want to try and lose at least 20lbs before then , not that it will help my apperance, but it will make me feel better, I am proportioned kinda good so I dont look as heavy as I am. Thanks for listening .

Just a little about me , I am married , just had my 15year anniversary , I have 1 child ( boy 14years old), and I am 34 years old , somtimes I feel older (hehe)
Starting weight 336 pounds goal, goal weight 175 pounds.

Talk at you later , bye for now

Pitygirl
Old 03-23-2004, 10:57 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Helloooo Everyone,

Welcome Pitygirl!

Well, I am (mostly) back on track after I fell off the wagon this weekend. Though I did steal a couple of hershy kisses from someones candy dish at work.

Alexia, it's funny, I cannot resist chocolate but I don't care for burgers. Hate them actually. What is Zips? A fast food joint? We don't have that around here.

Donna, you are right, we cannot beat ourselves up too much. (though I did a little bit) I figure losing weight is like other things in life. You don't always get it right the first time. Just gotta keep trying. Don't give up. Right? And I know what you mean about people cutting into your machine time at Curves. I would just stay on the machine when I was supposed to be on the recovery boards. I would go to the board every two times instead of every other.

Chequita, way to go girl!! Gimme a "C"...gimme a "H"... You must feel great! I'm really happy for you.

Lynn
Old 03-23-2004, 11:55 PM   #101  

Talking Just a quickie before bed....

Well today I would say I was about 70% successful. Had a couple of items I shouldn't have( a little stuffing w/dinner and some ww pretzels) I overslept and didn't get my exercise in. By the time I got home and made dinner it was after 8pm. But I drank 72oz of water, took my vitamins and will do better tomorrow. So will all of us. till tomorrow, good nite ladies....
Old 03-24-2004, 09:29 AM   #102  
Southern Belle

Wink Wednesday morning

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Well, I am disappointed in "my plan". I stepped on the scale this morning and I have gained two lbs. Now grant you I know that could be due to exercising, fluid retention since Aunt Flo is coming soon, or too much food.
I have a regular problem with fluid retention anyway, which can be very frustrating!! It may just be several factors but I like to see results. Ya know?
Tuesdays are very hard on me and if things are going to go wrong it will likely be those days. I work a different area, so have to leave home about 5:30 and don't get back till about 3. And I'm worn out by that time. I do that for the extra money, every week, I wonder if it's worth it.

DonnaD~ 70% successful is a whole lot better than not successful at all!! So give yourself a hand! Doing the treadmill will help to lower your blood sugars in general which very well may help your fasting BS. I am having a hard time with doing even 10 minutes! The first time, was only able to do 4 minutes!!! But I have asthma and a diastolic heart failure so my heart is already working hard just to carry all this weight around. My doctor says any movement is good, no matter how long. It's all for the good of getting me healthier.

Pitygirl~ WELCOME!!!! I think you will find that this is a great group that encourages you and understands where you are coming from. Please stay around and let's get healthier together!!!! I totally understand about what you said about feeling like it's hopeless. I feel that a lot but try to stay positive that each little step I make in the right direction will help me lose another lb, another inch, or all a hour or day to my life. So, when you look at it like that, it helps to stay focused more.

Alexia ~ Don't you just love lakes and nature? We love to go camping quite a bit in the summer, and I think it's great to get those kiddos out in nature to fish, swim, run, etc... We have wonderful family times and it is great exercise too. I used to make chocolate and other flavored candies for events. Practice will help you to get them just right. Just have to watch the tasting.

Chequitagirl~CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 4LBS!!! AND THE TOTAL OF 50.5LBS!!!!

Wisertime~ I think you are right about maybe not getting it right the first time. My problem is I haven't gotten in just right and I'm on the 204th time. But I still trying!!

Jessica~ I think your colors look good!!! Congratulations on all your loss!!! Yes, it does slow down but we have to keep trucking along.

Well, I guess I better make my first stop to the treadmill. I don't have a lot of patients to see today so I'm starting a little later. Like I said, I was worn out from Tuesday, so I tried to rest more. Tried. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT HUMPDAY!!!! It's here, no for us today. But it's suppose to be back tomorrow.

Cya later!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:10 PM   #103  
*~*~*

Default *~*~* Rainy Day *~*~*

Lynn~ Yes, Zip's is fast food. I also love chocolate, but the chocolates I'm making are made with white chocolate and I can pass on that, My weakness is candy bars, cookies, icecream, cake and anything sweet. Plus Zip's.

I have to go do the ebay thing now I'll check back here later
Old 03-25-2004, 11:39 AM   #104  
Southern Belle

Default Thursday

Good Thursday to All!!!

I am so mad!!! I just typed you for 20 minutes and then the closed that page and it was lost to cyberland forever!!!! Anyway, Hello!!!

I am frustrated with my diet and I'm thinking about trying South Beach. A friend of mine told me that unless I limit my carbs I will never lose weight with diabetes. *sigh* I thought eating lots of veggies would help me. I may be a nurse, but there's way too much out there these days for losing weight. And now I learn that my diabetes makes it even harder to lose weight and that's a major reason to lose!!! **

Well, where is everyone? I don't like talking to myself, but I seem to be doing it pretty good, huh?

Well, as if I'm not busy enough, I got talked into coaching 8 and under softball. Don't get me wrong, I love softball, but at my weigh, standing out in the heat throwing the ball around, etc will be hard on this fat white woman. We draft tonight, wish me luck.

Gotta go for now. Someone, please write while I'm gone, so I don't have to talk to myself.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:50 AM   #105  

just a quick check in. i hope everyone is doing great. thanks for all the pats on the back. i'd do it myself, but i am not that flexible, ha ha ha. i don't have a lot of time, considering i am at work. everyone keep up the good work and hope you all have a great rest of the week.
Closed Thread