Old 03-01-2004, 08:25 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Well, tis time for me to get ready to take Neighbor for his dr. appt and then it's off to Qi Gong with him. I really love this class..and it's a great work out. As you folks can prolly already tell, I'm in a great mood and full of energy! Great way to start a Monday!!! Hope to see everyone here today!!!! Needed to start the day off bright and early this AM so we wouldn't get knocked off the board! So here I am!

This week I'm hoping to see Miss Elisha and Raventoy again! Raven was probably out riding her horses with her kids and enjoying the lovely weather. Miss Elisha was probably out being energetic and making us couch potatoes look lazy!lol

As everyone can see, LeAnne made it back to the board! And it sounds like she's over her morning sickness and her puter is back in working order! YAYYY Welcome back LeAnne!

Now for us regulars...I'm starting to think of me, Tulip, and Grassie as the Three Musketeers!LMAO Anywho....I have high hopes that all of us will be back OP this week and hit our targets this week or this month, Just like Raven did! I have been so inspired this weekend by several thing that I have just come to the conclusion. I need to do this for me. For noone else, for no special reason other than to be happy and healthy.

I'm going to be going through my closets today and tossing out ALL my 'fat clothes' that are too big for me. That way I will not have an excuse to fall back on for gaining any of the wieght back. I've already started posting inspirational stuff on my fridge. And I'm going to be going through my fitness magazines and getting some pics out them and posting them up on the fridge beside a fat pic of me. That should be an eyeopener when I go to reach in the icebox!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:27 AM   #62  

Talking

Wow..how bizarre. Only half my postie got posted.... ok never mind...I see that half of it back on Page 4!!!!LMAO looks like we'll be needing to start SA#6 soon!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #63  

ok...I was wrong...It's not there...then what happened to the first part of my postie?????
Old 03-01-2004, 08:55 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Poor thing! I see your post just fine. I'm glad you're having a good day and have fun tossing the fat clothes!!! I'm going to toss mine as soon as I can get new ones that fit! Really looking forwared to that!!

okay, off to hair cut and start a business plan! I've been up for 2 hours now and haven't cheated yet. Doing good so far

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!!!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:59 AM   #65  
Student of the Hoof

Hey ladies.. I'm here.

Just had a bit of a rough weekend. The ex is causing problems - I survived with a minor burp of off-plan eating Saturday night - three pieces of pizza - which I guess is just not that big of a disaster. I'm ready to start the new month, I made my goal for last month, so I can do it again. I'm pleased that my minor excursion into non-approved foods didn't turn into a full blown dive off the wagon. Tonight is my son's riding lesson, I think I'll be taking one too. That ought to do for a workout, since I missed this morning's run on the treadmill.

HS - I'm not sure what the first half of your post is, but the one I see starts with taking your neighbor to qi gong. I applaud your tossing the fat clothes.. as soon as I have any to toss, I will. I'm amazed that I can lose nearly 30 pounds and still be wearing the same jeans. Yes, they're loose, but... I think that just illustrates to me how incredibly tight they had gotten. I refused to buy bigger clothes. I'd better shrink out of them pretty darn soon, because they're wearing out and I have smaller ones I can ALMOST wear, but I won't because of that roll over the top. Yech. And I sure as heck am not going to buy another pair of 16s no way no how.

Happy March! Spring is truly just around the corner now!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #66  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good Evening ladies?!

Sorry I didn't get on this morning, my friend as just got back from her holiday in Australia...spent the morning catching up on the gossip!! Shared a really healthy lunch with her...she has managed to put on only 4lbs in the 3 weeks that she has been away, so she's dead chuffed but is still maintaining her weight loss so will give me great support to reach my target weight!!

It's still that ToM so my scales are a bit out at the end of this month but i will lose that by the end of this week...both me and hubby are doing really well, it really helping, us doing it together.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday Grassie, don't worry about the birthday excess - just knuckle down and be good now it's over!! Glad to hear the knives are for the massage clients...although they may have come in handy when dealing with our dodgy customer!!

Leanne - glad your feeling well now, glad you like your scales now!!!

Splashes - Sounds like your having fun not working and helping out your neighbour...wonder who's enjoying it the most, you or your neighbour??? As for getting rid of the fat clothes...well done, it is so empowering to clear them all out...there's no going back, just forward to the new clothes shop!!!! I have a wardrobe full of new clothes that i bought last year so can't throw them out as they are all so new...one pair of trousers i haven't even worn!!! I am going to get a seamstress to come over and alter them for me! Cheaper than buying new, and these were my new slim clothes this time last year, but now i'm even smaller I'm so pleased with myself!!! Hubby has to go and buy new clothes as well as all his clothes are falling off him. I am going to get his suit trousers altered as it's a new suit!! In fact i'm going to see if i can post before and after pictures to let you see our progress. I posted mine on a different thread on here, but wil do hubby's also.

RT did you enjoy your 3 peices of pizza?? Your right it's not that bad, especially if you enjoyed them!

Miss Elisha - were'd you go??
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:34 PM   #67  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Sorry I've been out. My computer went a little hay-wire on me, and while My Brother the Computer Genius is fixing it he gave me his new one to use (since he's never here long enough to even hook it up), and it's really nice, but it runs Linux, so it took me a while to figure out some things. Haven't been online a lot over the past few days, and when I have been I've been looking for a job! And then there's the whole life thing, sorting out bills and friends and trying to get my mind around my (un-)romantic situation, and all of that can get kind of distracting. But I'm here now, and I should be good for a while.
Anyway, on to the important stuff....
Today was my first recorded weigh-in and measure since I started this health kick about 3 weeks ago. The results: 2 pounds down! Not the hoped-far 5, but about what I expected. In the past few days I've adopted a more pro-active approach to this whole weight loss business, and it's helped me tremendously already. I'm actually trying to figure out how my body responds to different foods and exercises and so forth rather than trying to force myself into a specific diet or routine.
I came across a slight problem today though: I keep referring to this effort as a "health kick" or even as an "effort" or an "attempt." But that's not right. All of those terms make it sounds like I'm just playing, like I'm not really going to do it. But I am, so I need to come up with a better term. Any suggestions?

Oh dear... my mind has been so spastic the past few days that even I don't know what's going on inside my head. Not only have I lost my train of thought, but I think a few days back there was a major derailing that caused one heck of a pile-up, and my little brain-train engineers are still trying to sort out the mess. Bear with me...
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:52 AM   #68  
Student of the Hoof

A really quick response here, then I'll post more from work..

Elisha - How about your new lifestyle? Because that's what you're aiming for.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #69  

Hi! Elisha - I like RT's - how about Way of life. That's what I'm calling mine. I have the same problem. If I think about this in a what I can have/what I can't kind of way I get really upset and frustrated. It all seems like so much effort RIGHT NOW. I'm more prone to just deciding I'll start tomorrow. I have to really focus on what I CAN DO NOW! And how great I'll look this time next month.

You guys will like this....knowing how limitted my diet is....I met my BF through a dating site on the net (yahoo). COMPLETELY out of charactor for both of us. We were kind of pushed into it by friends who were doing the same thing. Now their all upset because we met each other and they met wierd people....anyway.....one of the people that kept writing, wanting to meet, talk, write, ANYTHING, had a big line in his ad that actaully said "and please, PLEASE, don't be a picky eater." At the time I thought it was my short coming that I'd let myself gain weight and now had to be a picky eater so I could lose it. Now I realize that being careful about what you eat is what keeps you healthy, strong, pain free, energetic, and over all a lot better off than the high metabolism, eat anything they want people like that guy!

RT I'm sorry the ex is giving you problems. Nice reminder of why it's called "ex" ?? Sounds like you're pretty motivated - good for you! And Congratulations on making your goal last month!!! I made mine -then gained it all back..all in one little month. I have a solid goal for this month though. 4 pounds. (that includes water weight because I've been so bad lately). Hopefully we can both make it!!

TF how is job searching going?? I guess I can ask that about all of us huh!! How is everyone doing??? HS seems to be enjoying freedom for a few days! OH and Qi Gong is WONDERFUL! I take it every Tuesday night and I never thought I'd like it so much. It's part of one of my classes - I'm going to sign up after class is over too.

Anyway, TF - please do post your photos - before and after! I'd post mine and BF's but he looks exactly the same! 30 pounds diff, and unless he's in his riding uniform (cycling) you can't tell at all. (or neked, and your not getting those!! )

Ok, time to fess up about yesterday - I did wonderful until 3:30 when I realized there was a pack of chocolate truffles in the office. I had 3-4. It didn't derail the rest of my day though. The thing is that last night I got a HORRIBLE headache!! The only thing I could think about was those truffles. Maybe it's enough to carry me through detox so that I can make it for sure!

Okay, I'm talked enough now - see you all later today! mrm
Old 03-02-2004, 11:13 AM   #70  

Good morning ladies....!!! ...I'm still trying to find the first part of my post where I was congratulating everyone and wondering where Miss Elisha was etc. Maybe it got sent out to the people i was mentioning cuz here they are!lol It was great to see LeAnne back! And she's getting thinner instead of fatter while pregnannt...hmmmm what's her secret?LOL

RT, give the ex some exlax....will make him go away right quick! And yes I hear you about realizing how tight the fat clothes get. I was doing the lay down on the bed and do up my jeans thing...or stealing the bf's jeans. I refused to keep spending money on ever expanding waistsizes. Do you find that all the work at the barn is a good work out? that's what helps me. Keep up the awesome work! What is this month's stealth goal?

Miss Elisha...wonderful to see you back with us! YEs..."Lifestyle" is the word you are looking for. It's a change in the way you live. If you read the Body For Life book, you'll get a great understanding of that statement. Same as with Dr. Phil's book. It's something you are going to be doing for the rest of your life. Hope this helps in some strange way!lol

Tulip! Good for you on having a fun weekend. And as for the seamstress...yes it sometimes is cheaper than buying new clothes. wow pants you haven't even worn yet! I got pants like that too! Nearly into them too. Can't wait.

Grassie, keep up the good work. We all fall off the wagon...but just think...you didn't eat half a loaf of apple cinnamon bread like me!! I know what you mean about bf not looking much different...my bf is the same way..he gain or lose 30lbs and not look any different unless he's in his undies!lol Hope your exams are going well!ok time for me to go and do something constructive. What...I don't know yet..but I'll think of something!lol
Old 03-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #71  

yayyy the whole thing showed up!!!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #72  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Just a quickie....it's past my bed time, but it's the only time i could get on here...homework rules in this house in term time!!!! LOL

job hunting is going well..going to see a catering business tomorrow with the intentions of buying it!!! wish me luck...we have been saying our prayer since making the appointment this morning!!!

Promise i will right more tomorrow, but have been researching business venture all day and am now wacked out!!! Even forgot to wiegh myself this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C U All 2moro!!

Tulip
~x~
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:15 PM   #73  

On my way to bed...thought I'd tell everyone I stayed OP today on eating! THat's two days in a row. Yay me! Hope to see everyone tomorrow!
Old 03-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #74  

Hi guys, in my way to study but wanted to tell you all that I made it! I have gone through the entire day without cheating once! okay, so i drank some tap water - but weight wise, I did GREAT!!!! I'm so excited!!!

HS -congratulations to you too!!!!!! That's HUGE! Twice as much as me haha!

TF - no weighing in today....this venture really is huge! seriously though - good luck tomorrow. If it's the right deal for you, I hope it falls into place perfectly!! I'll be thinking about you!

See everyone tomorrow!!!! RT, Leanne, Elisha - can't wait to hear more from you tomorrow!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:41 AM   #75  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning ladies!

Well, I've been doing alright. Not perfect. But alright. I'm not going to beat myself up over the small slip ups. This thing with me ex wore me out mentally to the point where I was totally exhausted. So far though, no more whining from his part of the world. I don't expect it's over, but for NOW at least it's quiet on the front lines.

Yesterday I had an attack of the major, painful hungries. Not appetite, hunger. I looked back in my journals, and I've discovered a pattern. About one week before my period starts, I have one or two days where I am absolutely starving. I wish I could ignore it, but it really gets extremely uncomfortable. I was totally unprepared for it, and I had no acceptable food here other than my lunch and my orange. I ate those and about 2 hours later was just miserably hungry. So I bought a snickers bar, cut it in half, logged it into fitday, and dealt with it. I was even drinking water to try to stave off the hunger, but it was doing *nothing* ... So today I'm prepared. And I think I'm going to work on keeping something here at work that can help me deal with those "episodes."

My exercise got derailed completely, and then this morning it's just not possible because of the time issues getting my daughter to the stables for her day of work so she can earn her lesson time. But I'll be ready to get back on that treadmill tomorrow morning.

to Grasshopper and HS for their victories!! Mondo good work, girls!

HS - My stealth goal is 176. That's a bit ambitious, but since the "reasonable and acceptable" goal is always the same thing - 5 pounds - I feel free to set my stealth goal high. Who knows? I might get there!! I started out this month at 186, which makes my standard goal 181. Today I'm at 184, which means I only have to lose 3 pounds to hit it. I need to push harder and drop 8 pounds to hit my stealth goal. I remember seeing 176 on the scale. The thought at that point was "ok .. this isn't a disaster, I'm ONLY 9 pounds up from my weight when I moved to GA, I can lose this." Yeah. Then I took it upon myself to singlehandedly eat everything in Georgia. So yeah, 176 would be awesome on a couple fronts - it would put me solidly into the 170s, which would be SO cool. And it would be that last memory of my gruesome climb up the scale since I moved down here. I would feel pretty triumphant with that one.

TF - Wow... I really hope things work out for you!! How exciting!!! Keep us posted, please?

Grasshopper - Cool beans.. really. I know often that first day is just absolutely a struggle. And you did it.

Today is going to be a bear at work. *headache face* I hope everyone else has a GREAT one!