Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 06:44 PM   #16  

Sandy: you get for points. Hope you are feeling better soon. I sent you an e-mail about the computer.

It sure has been quiet around here lately. Julie, Cat on vacation. Where is everybody? Me miss you guys and want you to come back here often!

Have a good evening ladies!

Faye
Old 02-19-2004, 03:02 AM   #17  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday. Make sure and make time for yourself today!

Later girlies!

Faye
Old 02-19-2004, 09:05 AM   #18  

Hello!

Well, I get no points for today. *bad Anna* My Wu Shu teacher didn't show and rather than going through the workout on my own, I caved and curled back up in my apartment. The power was out for most of the day, so when it came back on I totally went nuts online. I haven't drank enough water (although I'm in the process of trying to fix that right now. I think I only remember to drink water when I'm on the computer.), and I accidently fell off the caffeine wagon.

How? Well, I ordered a meal that came with a drink, and didn't realize until I was half way done that it was Coke. I threw the rest out, and I actually have no cravings for more. I'm a little leary about how well I'll sleep tonight because of it. Ah well. I'm gonna drink my water, and play catch up tomorrow.

Take care!
Anna
Old 02-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #19  

Where is everyone?
I usually do not post on my work days , Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursdays,
But it is way too quite here, for the week I get 2.5 points each day, not doing real good , but not doing really bad either. I do not think I will get to post a weight loss tomorrow, but hopefully I will not have to post a gain either.
It is so windy here today, but it is like 75 degrees, so it is really nice outside!
I am suppose to meet a co-worker at our high school track to WALK!!!
I am actually going to get some exercise in today, I am looking so forward to spring, can hardly wait to see the flowers popping up, with weather like today it already feels like spring.
I hope everyone who has not posted is having such a great time that they are just not finding enough time to post.
Cya , Donna
Old 02-19-2004, 05:26 PM   #20  

p.s.
Faye, you look wonderful in the new photo!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 06:57 PM   #21  

Donna: You get for points this week! As for my pic, thanks but sure wish I didn't have the turkey waddle from losing the fat out of my double chin!

It has been very very very quiet here this week. We have a lot of ladies not posting and what is up with that? Judy, Susan, Debbie, Sandy, Pam, Beth, Kim has quit posting, Lisa (not zookeeper the other Lisa), Dorothy, Joy,Julie and Cat are gone. Hope all you girls aren't having a hard time of it and are staying away for that reason. That is when you need your chubby friends the most! You know I E-MAIL when I don't hear from you so you better get on the stick and come back in here and post.

Had a ball at Chucky Cheese with the grandson. He talked me into playing this 2 person game called Jurassic Park. I had watched his mom play with him so I knew that the seat moved all over the place (imitating a jeep driving through the park) but I sat down and put our tokens in and almost fell off when the thing went straight up in the air! Besides that, the joystick was a real piece of work and my arms and shoulders got a real workout, but he and I completed the whole trip and zapped that big ole T-rex into oblivion. We had our pic taken together and I wll try and scan it and see how it comes out. It is really cute. Ate salad and a couple pieces of the nastiest pizza.

Have a great WTG. I was able to bend straight over and paint my toenails today! woohoo!

Well, everyone have a good night. I am going to go downstairs and turn off the video I had started before supper.

Faye
Old 02-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #22  

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday! How did you do this week?

I am cleaning house today ladies, so will be home all day. I will check in later!

Faye
Old 02-20-2004, 08:26 AM   #23  

Angry Hey Ladies...

sorry Ihaven't been posting,but I have not forgotten all of you ...I just simply have been so busy...remember I told you that my oldest was expecting again ...well she started having complications and went in to the Dr...it turned out that the baby had died according to the ultra sound...they could find no heartbeat...she did not want to accept it ,and she wanted a second opinion,so we went to another Dr,which it was the same thing,so he sent her home that day,told her to be at the hospital the next morning to do a dnc...she was totally tore up about this...so her Hubby took her out to eat Chinese that night ,she gets there and starts bleeding,she calls me ,I tell her to go straight to the hospital,and they call her Dr....they admit her...and the next morning they do what they have to....needless to say ,I have had my little Angel[2 years old]...and keeping her busy and Grandma keeping up with her has been wonderful ,but she sure can wear me out...then add my eight yr old along with my 17 yr old....MOM IS READY FOR A BREAK... Jessica is doing much better now...she had to go to a bone Dr yesterday,as she has a cyst on her wrist,and it sits righton a nerve,and God Bless her,when they put her IV in at the Hospital ,they somehow hit the Cyst ,and it has really caused her arm to constantly hurt....they are going to do surgery to remove it...so please keep her in your prayers...she really has had a hard time,but I know God will pull her through this...I really have done pretty good on my exercise though...my husband and I made it to the mall a couple times this week and we did get a three mile walk in,and I have mananged to take the kids to the duck pond to feed the ducks and got some walking in there...and we went out yesterday for a skating session[not me]the kids...they have new in line skates and wanted to try them out ...I walked and they skated...although my 8 yr old didnt last long,he prefered to ride his bike...I think it was to much work for him ...lol ....ALSO .I WENT THROUGH AND RID THE PANTRY OF ALL TEMPTATIONS...I filled the fruit baskets that hang in my kitchen with all sort of fruits,bought tons of different veggies,all lean of the leanest meats and fish...so overall I am really changing all for the better...I did buy 2 small bags of dorito's yesterday for the kids...instead of the big one that I usually buy..that way the kids still have a weelky treat,it is small and gone in no time...that is their favorite snack...so once a week they get to have a choice ,and they really have been great about it..I also keep all fruit popcycles...which they love and have for a dessert after supper...sugarless gum...we also have a new puppy,BOOMER.... he is bull matif and lab mixed,he is beautiful...so that makes two dogs and one cat....we have a full house...well <I have chattered quite long,but I really do miss chatting and posting,so I need to get my butt back on here more....I need to get off and do some things around the house cause tommorow is our goof off day...I also have been looking at treadmills,thinking about buying one,but I am afaid if I do,I won't use it ,cause I really love being outside...I went to Sears,as they have them on sale,and probably looked at them for an hour...and just could not make up my mind to get one...I keep throwing it around in my mind...oh well we will see....love all of yall...will post again later...love and hugs to all ...Joy
Old 02-20-2004, 11:40 AM   #24  

Joy: Please convey all our our sympathies to your daughter and her husband. We will certainly pray for her and for you too! I am crying just thinking about you losing a grandbaby, but he/she is cuddled right in God's arms right now and will see you all again some day!

Got the house done. DH and I had a "disagreement" this morning so he called to apologize a little while ago. We are not much on dragging on fights that is for sure. I just get so frustrated when he doesn't listen to me and then the next day says something like, "Where is such and such?" when the day before I STRESSED to him where I was putting the particular thing. That is what happened this morning along with him leaving a greasy mess after having made himself some breakfast That shouldn't peeve me too much as I was going to clean, but I still am pretty much as stickler about the house being kept clean.

Well, I better go and make the bed as the sheets are finished.

Faye
Old 02-20-2004, 03:41 PM   #25  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi!!

I only got 1 point yesterday - we went out for our belated valentine's meal, and despite trying my best, I still went way over my points for the day. I went to the gym today to try to work some of it off!

I like your new photo Faye!

Nice to hear from you Joy - so sorry for your loss.

Take care

Love Amanda xxx
Old 02-20-2004, 05:05 PM   #26  

Just as I thought , no weight loss for this week, Tomorrow i am going to Tulsa , going to go to Tulsa's largest rummage sale, it will be at the Expo Square, which is in a giant building at the fair grounds , so i will get my exercise there, it usually takes 3 - 4 hours or longer to look at everything.
It is so much fun and there is always really good bargains. and this year I will have two babies to buy for, so it is going to be reallly fun.
hope everyone has a good weekend ,
Donna
Old 02-21-2004, 06:09 AM   #27  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can we do to make you smile today?

AmandaP: You get a for points

I did not get pts yesterday, but today is going to be different!!!!

Donna: Have a good time on your "hunting" trip! I know a lot of people who like to do that sort of thing, flea markets, yard sales and the like. Me, I guess I am too lazy to paw through stuff to find a good bargain. It kind of has to jump up and bite me in the behind!

You know it looks like this thread is slowly falling apart. I hope it is not something I am not doing to keep everyone motivated. I know I have been really obsessed with Vegas and the wedding for the last few weeks and I am sorry. I have been pretty wrapped up in myself but I will try to be a better friend here.

Ok, first off, we need to refocus on what is important and that is our weight loss. Most of us are coming here and posting but avoiding points and what not, which usually means not working at it very hard and that includes me. I am going to recommit to really working hard on all aspects of my weight loss. I beg of you all to do the same. If you are not posting, please at least think about what you are doing to yourself by not working your program or exercising. This site is not for me it is for YOU! We only have a little over 2 months until the end of the first challenge, but no one seems to be excited about winning at all so I don't think we will continue it if no one wants to win the gift. It is not fair to someone to have to go and buy it and then mail it out etc if no one is putting any effort into losing weight, which is what the challenge was in the first place. I will commit to working on the mission and target every week giving you something to think about regarding your weight loss.

People come and go on the site and I have pretty much been through three whole groups of ladies, which is fine, but the truth is, unless you are willing to work at losing weight and making it a priority in your life, nothing anywhere on this website is for you because that is what the site is ALL about. Not just the programs, the exercise, the water, but dealing with the emotions of eating, the struggles etc. Please join me in renewing your spirit, making that commitment to get yourself healthy and lose the weight!

Faye
Old 02-21-2004, 03:06 PM   #28  
2006 - Panda Remix

Default I'm here for the long haul faye!

Hi all!

Oh Faye - please don't blame yourself that the group has gone quiet! You are there for us through thick and thin and put so much time and effort into this group - I've looked around at other threads and there is none that come close to how great this one is, and that is all thanks to YOU!!

I know Julie and Cat are away, and I'm sure things will pick up soon. I know how easy it is to stop posting when you're not doing well - I've done the same myself. Maybe it's a bad coincidence that everyone has fallen off the wagon at the same time!

I am really committed at the moment - I was a little disappointed with my half pound loss this week, but really I am pleased that I am finally doing something about my weight and my body is getting fitter and healthier each day. I ALWAYS feel so much better in myself when I am in control of my eating and am exercising regularly - It is a wonderful treatment for my depression if nothing else! Sometimes I feel as if this weight loss journey is like wading through mud, it can sometimes be a long hard slog - but i know that if I just KEEP AT IT then I will get there. I think sometimes we are very shortsighted and if we don't see instant results then we lose motivation and give up - this time I'm trying to look at the bigger picture. My sole problem when I diet is that I ALWAYS GIVE UP, whether it is after a few weeks or a few months - so this time I figure that as long as I don't give up, I WILL GET THERE! It is not the odd day or even weeks of going off programme that makes us fail at our diets, it is the GIVING UP on ourselves.

I've had a couple of 'bad' food days this week - but i still intend to go to my weigh in on Tuesday - I know that if I keep going to weightwatchers and to the gym and keep checking in here then I will get there. I am going to do it this time, because this time I won't give up!!! (and you can remind me of this Faye when I'm having a bad day! )

Sorry to waffle on...............

I got 4 points yesterday.

Take Care

Love Amanda xxx
Old 02-21-2004, 07:22 PM   #29  

Good morning!

I got woken up at 6:30 this morning by three students pounding on my door. I'm so glad I had my bathrobe right by the bed, and wandered over to the door without my glasses, my hair a fright! They brought me dumplings! My favorite Chinese food, homemade by one of their mom's. I'm spoiled! *grin*

I get 2 points for yesterday! I've been back on the water, and I can't tell you how much of a difference I'm now noticing. I never realized how dehydrated I was until I started doing something about it. I don't wake up feeling woozy or with a horrible taste in my mouth anymore.

Hmm... Sunny thoughts, sunny thoughts... Um... Darn, I can't even think of any cute stories today from my kids. I'll have to think some more later.

Take care!

Anna
Old 02-21-2004, 10:27 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Still alive but miserable with strep! No points but water! Not felt like anything. I am down however 3lbs. Going to collaspe will try to catch up when health will allow it.

sandy
Closed Thread