Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:54 AM   #16  

Hello Ladies! The puppys name has been decided! She will be Maple Leafs Valentines Angel and called Angel for short.

Bunna-Way to go OP! It not always easy but it feels soooo good!

Sue-I used to work in a nursing home and I hated it some of the staff were so rude to the clients it was sad.

Pat-Thanks ! I had a wonderful day and i did 15 min on the elliptical and 20 on the treadmill and 2 of those minutes i JOGGED, 5 minutes on the stair and 10 on the bike then i went swimming! It was a very good day! I havent lost any lbs since starting the gym but i am sure that i have lost fat and gained muscle,
Old 02-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #17  

Hello All,

Sorry I have not been checking in. I am fine. Nice to see that you all are doing well too.

The gastroscopy went well. Biopsy results will be in next week. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. Doc said everything looked good. He thinks I just produce too much acid and will have to stay on medication to avoid problems. I think I will be fine.

My foot is still hurting. Hopefully I will get orthotics and be better. They want to give me cortozone- but my PCP said not to let them. He feels orthotics are key. They have to iron it out. So------ I wait!!

I have been doing well with eatting. I need to move my butt in order to lose my butt. I have been lazy in the exercise department. There - I said it. No excuse. Regardless of foot pain- I can still find a way to burn some calories. I must!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Take care!
Old 02-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #18  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning all. Glad to hear from you Dana and will be praying for good results from the tests and orthotics. If you have the same problem my friend has the orthotics are the key. Hers rarely bother her at all any more and she works a very physical job with lots of walking.

Julie: I love the name. I had you mixed up with Sue and thought she was getting the Corgi pup. I bet you can't wait for April 10th. Keep up the good work with the gym.

Sue: That sounds like a very stressful job. My brother is an RN and they wanted him to be charge nurse and he said no way. Now he does agency nursing and loves it. He said his favorite is oncology cuz he loves the patients there. My sil is a nurse at the VA and she is in charge of people and it is nerve racking at times.

What are you up today Sue and Pat?

I got to Curves yesterday and ate OP. I am journaling on my ediets but they don't count up the calories or carbs like fitday so I will be returning to fitday. I tried one of those Keto mini's yesterday and I did not like the fudge one, I will let you know about the peanut butter, the dark chocolate on the fudge was bitter in flavor. I have those types of things around the restaurant when following plan in case I get an overwhelming urge for chocolate. Yesterday I woke up with cravings but this morning is better so I am hoping my body is shaping up. Seems like when we restart it takes a while to get the sugars and carbs out of our system. Getting 100 oz of water down and of course the first day or two I could not stay out of the bathroom every 10 minutes.

Well, I am off to work. Hope everyone has a good OP day. Let's keep those wheels on the bus smokin.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:46 PM   #19  
Bunnababy

Where is everybody? Busy with the weekend?

Stayed OP yesterday but after morning being easy afternoon and evening was very difficult especially evening. We were so busy at the restaurant and short handed out front that the waitress and I barely had time to eat lunch at 2:30 and then no dinner until after we closed at 10:00. I ate some lc goodies and had a lc beer but still ended up with the problems associated with sf chocolates.

Off to church today and then to make salsa with a friend, then to a movie ( NOT) with dh, perhaps dinner at home. Busy again today. They call that dancing it I call it running in circles. LOL

God bless and have an OP day today.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:00 AM   #20  
Work in Progress

Happy Monday to you all!
Didn't do too bad this weekend. Never get the water in but stayed OP food wise. Boy the weather sure was nice on Sunday. Was able to sit on the sun porch for awhile. That will give me a nice touch of spring fever. DH and I discussed roofs. The house thank goodness(cross your fingers) Has held up to let us do it when we could afford it. Wish I could get it sided too, but I fear it will just have to wait. Which Means picking up on teh painting where we left off.

Bunna you are on your way to being OP Goddess. Sue is right that is a title that I have held in teh past. You are doing awesome! I am a clinic director at an outpatient substance abuse clinic. We generally have 200+ clients and I have 17+ employees. ANd I can honestly say that the 17 cause me more greif than the 200! Sue and I got promotion w/i the same couple of months. I am also an LPN. God bless Sue for staying in the feild! The evaluation tool that we use is somethhing that we recently developed for us using something the local drug staore chain uses. It is better than teh old system .

Dana, I am afraid that I am a supporter of teh shot. The spur that I had last time I was able to get the shot and wear inserts in my shoes along with exercise. I healed so much quicker! The one I have now is on teh back of the heel and I can't get the shot. I would kill to be able to get the shot. I have been wearing sneakers, brace at night( not doing my exercise) and this has been since Nov. I am healing but it is so slow. I would also be getting some ultrasound to help break it up. I need to go back. I have been thinking about teh surgery, just to speed up teh heeling. Glad the stomach thing looks good. Has lo carb eating helped with the acid?

Hey Sue, Doesn't seem like when you don't think one more bad thing can happen and then it does? Hope you were able to de stress. Computer problems get worse? Are you also on call? GReat going on working out! Thanks for the remengder and all the good suggestions! It will come together.

Julie! Way to go on teh jogging! That should help burst any plataeu! as well as teh new exercise that you have been taking on. Is your mothers surgery soon? I am thinking it is! Let us know how things turn out!

Hello Pam, Kina Hope you find your way back
Old 02-23-2004, 09:51 PM   #21  

Moms surgery is scheduled for march 8th. I am hoping they can do the lap procedure and not the old fashion way. My son has been sick and my period made and unscheduled stop this weekend so i have not made it to the gym hoping to be back at it tommorow. I really missed it too. I am so looking forward to warm weather. I am so much colder this year then i was last year! I hope everyone is doing well today and i will try to write personals tommorow!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:26 AM   #22  
Bunnababy

Well I did not stick to plan today Ready to start over in the am though. Just wanted to check in. Off to bed and then dr. appt. tomorrow but will check back in tomorrow evening.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:59 AM   #23  
Work in Progress

Hey all,
I can report a truelly OP day yesterday and i will be heading up stairs to work out today shortly. Of course my period came. It is amazing what those erratic hormones can do to your thinking. Also not indulginf in simple carbs also helps to keep the mind focused. They are almost like a drug. Now to stay in today.

Julie a couple of weeks. I hope they can do teh Lap procedure on your mom. Hope the child is better. Yes I live in NNY. SO teh cold makes 30 degrees seem like a heat wave.

Bunna, Lets help you dust yourself off and get you back sitting in your bus seat. I picked up some emerg supplies last week so I have canned shakes and bars. I aslo picked up 1 lo carb candy bar that I endulged in yesterday. I may pick up soem more. I see that this brand (the name escapes me) have little bags of samll candies. I may pick them up. For me the smallest thing can throw me off course.
Today is a new day!

Hello everyone else!
Old 02-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #24  
Bunnababy

Back to working OP today. I just feel so frustrated when I wander off like that. All it takes is one stupid bite of the wrong thing and there I go again. Thanks for picking me up and dusting me off.

Great job being OP yesterday. For some of us those carbs keep our thinking all messy and our bodies feeling all yucky. TOM sure does that too though.

I am off to Curves then get ready to see the dr. this afternoon. Will check back in later and see how all are doing. Have a great OP day today.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:10 AM   #25  
Work in Progress

Another perfectly OP day yesterday! WOrked out on my bike and did my Pilates tape. Feels pretty good too.

Way to go Bunna. Strive to have more good days than bad days. The fact that you are in a restaurant for work and be able to stay OP! My hats are off to you!!! I do find that if exercise in teh beginning of the day I seeem to have better control of my cravings!

Hello to everyone else
Old 02-25-2004, 02:15 PM   #26  
Bunnababy

Hello everyone??? Is it just Pat and I left on the bus?

Congratulations staying OP yesterday.

I am having trouble getting truly back OP again, always do after a fall. It will get better though. House cleaning and Curves today so that should do it for exercise.

Talk to you later.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:03 PM   #27  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OK OK OK!! I am here I have been OP except yesterday when I had a huge (not really) piece of cake. It was the blue and gold banquet. I have been having time to get to the puter problems and frequently the few min I have a day there is some one else on it and not willing to get off. I have been Op though and exercising. I did skip this weekend and this mroning. I did some thing totally stupid but I needed to do it for me!! I got a puppy!!! i named her Opey like Ophelia. she is a beagle bassett mix that has the body of a basset the face of a beagle and the coloring of a rotty!! she is cute and that too has been taking time from my puter. but soon i will not be having to run her to the bathroom all the time!!!

well I must get to making dinner!!

bunna good luck with getting back OP JUST DO IT!!! that is my motto.

Dana watch that foot. i am a bad one to say that as I have a pain in my elbow but still to this day not seen any one. I am afraid that they will say stop weight lifting. so who am I to say!!

bunna I love my job som edays I do not like it. but I do not look at all the stress most of the time except that fact that I can help so many people at one time. and that is what keeps me going I just get mad when pwople have no reason for not getting their job done.

Julie I will be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat My hero!!!! you can do this I know you can you are well on the way!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 05:06 PM   #28  

What is OP?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:20 PM   #29  
Bunnababy

on plan
Old 02-26-2004, 04:55 AM   #30  
Work in Progress

Good morning all
Hi N2oldies
Well the day that I have been fretting over finally arrived. The state walked through the door yesterday. Couldn't have been a worse day! I was ready to go on teh war path. Everything that could be going wrong was, and then I call downstairs for something else and the lady said "you are not going to belive this but OASAS just walked through the door" ANd that was all she wrote. Oh well they are there until Friday afternoon and then I'll get an idea how we did and what do we have to fix.

But Th eonly slip I had was 1 piece of hard candy. I stayed OP! And worked out again yesterday!

So I am off to face them again

A puppy SUE?? My you'll be busy!! Great going though, What is a blue and gold banquet?

Bunna you'll make it!! How was curves?

Hello everyone else!
Closed Thread