Old 03-01-2004, 07:49 PM   #31  

Default muscle over fat anyday! :strong:

Northern clipper

That is just super about the inch lost. I am so much more into how I feel than
what the scale says and keeping up the hard work is alot easier when you see (whether on the measuring tape, or the scale)
[do you think I have scale issues ]

anyway, congrats! you work hard and you deserve it. I wish I was doing more walking. Really need to get my butt in gear.

Talk to you soon, DonnaD
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:09 PM   #32  

Hi Northern Clipper and DonnaD

Another beautiful sunny day here! Makes you really want to go outside for a walk.

Northern Clipper I am so proud of you! Another inch loss that is awesome! Way to go! I know it feels so good to wear clothes that aren't so snug. So good that you have more energy too! I am going to follow in your footsteps so to speak and do some more walking of my own.

undefinedDonna D [COLOR=Black]undefined[/COLOR are you following a particular plan? Diet? Exercise? Both?

I was so upset yesterday, my son who is only 7 said mom you should start running. I asked why and he said so you can lose weight. I don't know why it really upset me, maybe because I am in denial about how overweight I am and I know that kids tell-it-like-it-is. The truth hurts

Let's have a great week!
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies! Very sorry for not checking in for a couple of weeks...been working alot of hours (greedy for the $$$ )

Congrats to those who are losing inches and pounds! Sprite, I'm so sorry that you were upset by what your son said...do you think maybe he said it to encourage you, that he knows you are trying, and he was trying to be helpful?

Is Spring arriving for anyone? We've had freakishly warm weather here for two days; 40's and near 50 today. So much snow has melted; when in town, I saw the CURBS for the first time since December! But I know not to get my hopes up too soon; some of our biggest dumps (like the 15" to 18" range) of snow occur in March. Then we do get occasional snow showers into early April.

I got my motorcycle out for a quick ride yesterday!!! it was great. Maybe thinking of having riding occuring soon will inspire me to stick to more disciplined eating. I'll let you know if that happens

Have a good night, everyone, and do your best tomorrow!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:26 PM   #34  
northernclipper

Default great support

Hello Sprite and DonnaD

I just want to thank you both for all the great support we are in this together. I do feel so much better and today I got another nice surprize -I'm in my size 14 pants and they're baggy. I have been wearing snug 16's, you couldn't slap the smile of my face today. I'm heading for size 12's (join me).

Donna I agree with you about the inch loss motivating me and the great feeling if it's a inch loss or pound loss. I have to tell you we all have issues with the scales( they tell it like it is ) and we want them to tell us what we wish. ( mine doesn't know I'm the boss) My leader at ww was saying if the weather is bad and you can't get out to walk then walk up and down the stairs in your house.( I have 3 floor and lots of stairs) I'm going start doing this also.

Sprite don't be hurt by your son I know he didn't say it to hurt you but, because he loves and wants the best for you. If you are still feeling under the weather why don't you try and put some miles in by walking around the house. It helps and it gives you a starting point. I did that all the time it was snowing here. I had the Campbells soup and a tuna sandwich on ww bread for dinner tonight it was very filling. Thanks!

Vermontmom welcome back missed you, glad to hear you could get the bike out in March. Hope the weather holds so you could ride some more.

I'm so pumped today I just want you both to feel it and be op. Have a great night.

Last edited by northernclipper; 03-02-2004 at 08:30 PM.
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:47 PM   #35  

Default Spring fever....this is just a tease..

Nothernclipper: I am sooooooo jealous. I haven't seen size 14 in yrs. Good for you. I've got a long way to go, but I'm hopeful.

Sprite: I'm following sugar busters. My doc is ok with it because of the diabetes. He also likes weight watchers but I'm not disciplined enough. I get started on white carbs and I can't stop.
I think your son was trying to be helpful. He knows your trying to lose weight. If he was older I might not be able to resist the hand to the back of the head. LOL

Vermont Mom: I'm just plain old jealous tonight. Bad me I'm jealous of northern clippers size 14's and jealous of your picture(you go girl) and jealous of your ride. I went down on mine over 2 yrs ago and I took one bop since and haven't been back on. Just a bad passenger on dh's bike. I wish I could get hypnotised because part of me really misses it. Especially on these nice days. I use my health issues as an excuse now.

Well, I've been having trouble getting up early enough to exercise, so I guess I should say good nite "good nite"
Old 03-03-2004, 05:05 PM   #36  
Biker Chick!

Good afternoon!

northernclipper, CONGRATS on being down a size, and into a baggy size at that!!! that is such a great feeling, to feel that looseness in the thighs of a pair of pants. It's such good incentive to keep going strong!

DonnaD, a fellow rider! I'm sorry to hear of your spill in the past, that could be very hard to get over. I hope that, if you really want to, you're able to someday conquer the fear, and enjoy riding again.

Hello Sprite! How are you doing today?

I have started doing a new videotape, Karen Voight's Interval Circuit Something I needed something new, as I was getting very much into a rut with the tapes I was doing for a year or so. This new one is VERY challenging; gets me sweating and I feel sore the day after, so I know I'm moving some things that aren't used to it However, it is SO hard to get used to a new tape! I'm such a klutz at trying to follow her moves; I usually just end up marching in place while she's "rocking horse"-ing

I did a little investigating here on the "Fast Food" info...sometimes when I'm doing errands, I stop at evil Dunkin Donuts, get a coffee and my favorite muffin, the coffeecake one...oh my G*D, it has like 700 calories!!!! and I truly thought a muffin would be less bad than a regular donut. I won't be going back!

The supermarket here (Price Chopper) has now come out with it's own variety of Kashi cereals. They're pretty good, and not as expensive as Kashi. My standard breakfast is a cup of low or no-fat light (sweetened with aspartame) yogurt, with a half-cup of Kashi mixed in; and either an orange or an apple cut-up into it. I think the complex carbs in the Kashi keep me filled-up feeling longer than regular cereal (all those "twigs" and "sticks" in that cereal

I was going to add that, right now, everyone should take measurements, and start keeping those records, 'cause it's so gratifying to see those changes in the months ahead. I have mine from two years ago, and continue to measure once a month.

I hope everyone continues with their strength! Have a nice night.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:19 PM   #37  
northernclipper

hello ladies

dear DonnaD don't get jealous get even with myself, vermontmom and others. Lose, excerise , stay op and get into smaller sizes and we will all be in the same boat I know each time my dh says I haven't see that outfit before (it was just one I couldn't get into before) I just smile. It's a great feeling and if you stay op you'll feel the same way I do.

Vermontmom I agree we should all measure ourselves each month it feels better to loss inches and firm up. I eat kashi cereals and I will be looking at price choppers for their brand (thanks for the tip). I also was surprised to learn our Tim Horton's muffins were very high in fat and calories, I stay away from them. Good luck on your new work-out tapes a change is always good.

I am trying to finish up drinking my 48ozs of water for the night so I can fast til tomorrow's weigh-in. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I've stayed the same for 3 weeks. I did my evening walk and treadmill time so now I'll just relax for the night.

I hope everyone has a great night.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:37 PM   #38  

Hello VermontMom, DonnaD and NorthernClipper!

DinaMichelle Where are you?

NorthernClipperWay to go! What a feeling that is when you fit into clothes that you could not before! It must be a real boost for you! Good luck with your weigh in!

DonnaDAre you finding SugarBusters easy to stick with? Thank you for your kind words about what my son said to me. I am sure you are right and he was just trying to be helpful. One day you too will be in Size 14 and smaller, just take one step at a time. We are all here to support eachother!

Hey VermontMom!
Your video sounds great. It's good to mix up your routine and use muscles that have not been used in other workouts. Yikes! A muffin with 700 Calories! Scary! It is amazing what some seemingly innocent foods contain. Even drinks for that matter. Some Starbucks concoctions are just over the top with calories. I guess the lesson is just know the contents of everything that's going in your mouth, if you don't know, don't eat it. I will try and start doing this myself thanks for the wake-up call!

I am as excited as a little girl! We are getting a Pug puppy this weekend. I have already put a deposit on him. He's sooooooooo cute! Hopefully he will keep my mind off food.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #39  
northernclipper

Good morning ladies

I mean good morning, after 3 weeks at a stand still I lost 1 pound today. I was so happy I raced to the store and stalked up on yogurts, pitas and water. I have to jump on the treadmill now so will talk later.

Sprite congrats on your new addition (pug) I'm sure he will keep you busy enough to account for your excerise requirements. I know when we got our kitten I was always watching him and dealing with his needs I put mine on hold.

Have a great day.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:50 PM   #40  

Hi Ladies!

Yeah NorthernClipper! You are losing inches and pounds too! Your efforts are paying off. Keep up the good work.

I did not sleep well last night and am soooo tired. I know this lowers my resistance and motivation slips and I have to be aware of that and be strong! The chocolate is calling me but I will not answer!!!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well today!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:51 PM   #41  

Oh Sprite, How exiciting about the pug puppy. I've been bugging the dh lately but he's not given. Still feeling the pain of the last one. But I would still try again..The best of luck and fun to your family. I keep thinking of the commercial with the guy chasing his pug around the city. It's soooooooooo cute. Boy or girl pup? any names picked out yet? Can't wait to hear how everything goes this weekend. Have fun!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:40 AM   #42  
Biker Chick!

Good morning ladies!

NortherClipper, CONGRATS! on your loss! Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!

Sprite, congrats on the new puppy! We've never had a small dog, my husband is a big dog lover (labs, huskies, shepherds). I think I would relish the change of a smaller dog, as big ones just wreck the house as much as my kids and husband do

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well; here's wishing you strength and resolve! I thought of you yesterday, when I "thought" I was hungry, but made myself drink water instead. It helped!

Hi DonnaD, how are you today? did I see in another thread that you were commiserating with someone on quitting smoking...I salute anyone who has conquered that. I was able to quit easily 22 years ago when I became pregnant with my first son. Of course, I would have quit because of the baby, but it was very easy, as it nauseated me and tasted bad. Now I think that us reformed smokers are the worst in nagging people I work retail, and sell smokes to people all day long, and it's so hard for me to not nag them. Well, I don't comment to strangers, but I do to friends .

I have off today, which is why I'm lazing around, but will get organized soon and do some stuff, after I do an exercise tape.

Have a great day,everyone!
Old 03-05-2004, 06:22 PM   #43  

Hi everybody, I am having a very depressing day. Of course this is my second post already as misery loves company, so I apologize in advance for the big gray cloud.

Sprite, you had asked if I found sugar buster easy to follow. It hasn't been awful but takes adjustment like any plan, but I've just about given up. (hence the depression) I started 2/2/04 and not much happen the first week but then after some ups and downs the lowest on the scale showed a 9lb loss....woo hoo, right....WRONG!!!! today, a week later I'm up 7 lbs. Now I know I haven't been exercising, but I've been sticking to it and would at worst expect no loss, but to gain!!!! So now I am just disgusted & depressed. That leads to feelings of guilt, because I have so much in my life to be greatful for that I have no right to whine.

Thanks Vermont for the acknowledgement about quiting smoking. Something I actually was able to do.

Before I get any worse, let me leave. I hate when I'm like this.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:17 PM   #44  

Hi Everyone!

Donna D I am sending positive thoughts your way! Try not to let the 7lb gain get to you. You still netted a 2lb loss! The gain could be from anything. Maybe it's that TOM. Hence the low mood? Or it could be any number of things.

I used to be a smoker as well, and quit about five years ago. But it definately was not easy for me. That was one of the hardest things I've every done and it took me numerous attempts to actually quit for good.

Hi VermontMom glad the water trick worked. We have a large dog already and it took a huge amount of emotional blackmail to get dh to agree to the Pug. We also have two cats and fish and live in a townhouse so it's going to be crowded but I love animals!

The pug is a boy and the girls at work were joking around about giving me a puppy shower!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 03-06-2004, 11:49 AM   #45  
northernclipper

Hello ladies

It's the weekend lets all enjoy, it's the days we get to do what we want. We are in this together so think happy thoughts. DonnaD 2lbs lost that's great . We all know how set backs feel so get right back on op. Try to get out today and do something you enjoy. You'll be able to face our battle with a brighter outlook. We're cheering for you.

I have my meals planned for the weekend and that includes an evening out. The boys are all busy or at work and my daughter is at the science fair(her project has got her to the finals) We will see how she places at 3pm when they give out the awards. Keep your fingers crossed

I wish you all a uplifting weekend