Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:57 PM   #106  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Well, Wildfire, I think it depends on what thou thinkest is the unanswerable question and I think yours is a good choice ... my answer is that the unanswerable question is "why?" ... but I suppose there are those who believe they have the answer to both yours and mine (and maybe they do ... )!

Yea, Kaylets, it is that brick one ... and though it be crude in the extreme, it is actually considered a compliment amongst certain elderly gentlemen who have had their consciousness raised!!! I think it may go back to the thought of good workmanship and solid brickwork in the old tradition or something? But he did mean it as a compliment and I took it as such ... I am laughing now just thinking of that old man ...

And as I posted on the exercise thread (speaking of brick whatevers), please note all s that my sig line showeth a drop of .5 on Demon Scale ... I'm starting a new three-week initiative, details on the exercise thread.

Avanti to all, mentioned or unmentioned. Wood Nymph, hope things are going ok and you'll be able to find your way back to the palace. Sending good vibes thy way!!!

Will be back later to post my menu on the food thread but I don't think I'm through eating ... finished work that I thought I was going to save until tomorrow so that's to the good anyhow! Day shot, of course, but ...

Nay, BTW, I dinna care much who winneth the Oscars ... they all need to eat more!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-29-2004 at 07:58 PM. Reason: color
Old 02-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #107  
wsw

kaylets-i did have fun packing with my friend on sat., thanks, and we got a lot done and laughed a lot too.

amarantha-congrats. on the -.5 lb!!

pretty worn out from all the packing. still more to do, but that is mostly the last minute stuff that i will be using up until the move, so beginning to see light at end of tunnel. now, less than one week til the big day. very excited, and tired--so off to bed. take care, all.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:42 AM   #108  

Default Monday!

HELLO ALL!

Here we go Monday, here we go!

About an hour ago, I was ( to say the least) not cheerful about Monday morning.....

but... a thread title caught my eye as the screen was loading so I stopped by...and gained some perspective.... A good reminder of " Be Kind, everyone is fighting their own battle"........

So my friends..... because Monday is something we all do share....

Today's thought will be:

"Never eat more than you can lift."
--Miss Piggy

Question of the day:
"Is being funny an important quality in a friend?"
--Table Topics fromt the Pampered Chef

Dh and I went to the outlets yesterday... One store was playing great music and was selling it too! It was Johannes Linstead .... flamenco ---tradtional and contemporary....
Isnt't it funny how I bought music at Coldwater Creek and a little tea infuser in the shape of a house?? --- I tried on two sweaters but didnt look nice enough on to buy....
Not to worry... Found a very pretty blouse at another store-- light and sheer like a voile with tone on tone embroidery throughout..w/ a sleeveless shell for underneath... The shell will definitely be tucked in, in fact, so could the
over blouse...Dh thought I should get one in both pale shell pink and off white...so I did!!
did try on very cheap size 10 jeans and I can see when they might fit but the zipper had at least a 3" gap.... I didnt even get them for motivation as I found a hole about the size of a dime on an outer thigh... sometimes you do get what you pay for!

Congrats Empress....
Scale still up for me ... I can see and feel exactly where the extra pounds are too ( No wonder they get so sore!) ...
Interesting to be so familiar w/ one's body that you can see the difference... hmmmmm... couldnt have done that 3 yrs ago....

Time to go !
KETTLE IS ON!
Old 03-01-2004, 06:58 AM   #109  
deleted2

Hmmmm, maybe the brick structure expression has to do with the fact that you're 'stacked'? By the way, now I have "Brickhouse" going thru my head!

Recently I had an older gentlemen give me a weird compliement. He said 'Honey, you've got something these young gals ain't got.......maturity!" uuuuuh, thank you? I'm still mulling that one over!

Old 03-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #110  
Empress/Queen

As a matter of fact, E, I am (stacked)!!!

Hmmm. I think the maturity compliment is nice ... I think he meant thou be a glorious in full possession of her immense goddesslike power ... and what could be better than that?

Yowza!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:02 AM   #111  

Ah yes... of course... what was I thinking....

"she's a brick......so mighty mighty....."

Maturity IS a good thing......!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:17 AM   #112  
Empress/Queen

Er, Kaylets, sorry I missed thy earlier post, must have all been posting at the same time ... congrats on thy shopping trip purchases ... wise to pass on jeans with a hole ... sometimes I've noticed that the stuff from outlet stores can have surprising defects!!!

Dinna worry about Demon Scale ... he'll cooperate in his own good time and the victory will be twice as sweet!!!!

If being funny is an important quality in a friend, I'm afraid I'm missing out as I don't have any friends with a sense of humor at all!

Later ...
Old 03-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #113  
caffeine free!

Drive by post. Life is good, work is busy. Down .5 and exercising like a nut to burn off the work panic tension thing (although it is good work tension panic).
Old 03-01-2004, 04:23 PM   #114  

Howdy! Home! So glad, so tired, so swamped, so afraid to face demon scale.

All in good time........Just glad to be back and anxious to catch up.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:36 PM   #115  
Hot Stuff

I GOT THE JOB!!!!

Welcome home Anagram!

Will be back later!
Old 03-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #116  
wsw

Wildfire-congratulations on your new job!! How wonderful!

Anagram-glad you are home. Settle in and relax. Hope your weather is good now that you're back home and not too cold.

well, hope everyone has a good evening. take care, all.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:45 PM   #117  
deleted2

I don't know if my tender old heart can take such good news---Wildfire got the job AND our Anagram is back! Hoorah!

Old 03-01-2004, 09:37 PM   #118  
Hot Stuff

Thank you, thank you!

Just a quickie, as my toilet exploded today, spewing soap foam and bleach (hey, it's better than the alternative ) because some twit on the fifth floor has hooked up a dishwasher even though our lease specifically states we cannot have dishwashers or washing machines because the plumbing can't handle the soaps. So I have to do a five minute miracle clean up here because they are coming in tomorrow while we're at work to replace the floor (tiles all lifted!).

I go tomorrow to sign the offer of employment, and will be resigning from my current job probably Wednesday this week. Still trying to decide how much notice I want to give. I could call it at the 12th, or the 17th (two weeks), or go to Friday the 19th. Juggling the whole paycheque/time off/vacation pay due thing. Regardless, I'll be off from the 19th until my first day on April 6th. The new company was told about my vacation that is already booked and they said for me to go have a good time, but if I win big I'm still expected at work on the 6th! I thought it was very nice of them to give me a month before I have to start.

Gotta go vacuum and clean cat litter, etc. Geez, it's almost 10pm already!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:46 PM   #119  
Empress/Queen

Wildfire, CONGRATULATIONS on getting the job!!!! Huzzah!!!! You're doing great with your countdown. I responded to thee on the exercise thread as well. I know your new job is gonna be great! Sorry about the toilet incident, though ... also the vacuuming and cat litter stuff at 10 p.m. ... sheesh! You DO need to go to Las Vegas!!!

Congratulations on the .5 down Zadie ... hope the Tension leaves thee alone in the coming week, but glad it's the good work-related ...

Yo to Wsw and Eydie!!!!!

And to all s mentioned and unmentioned!!! We are still missing a lot of people ... Wood Nymph, Seattle Jo? Punkin, how goeth it?

I rarely enjoy TV but am taping the Natalie Wood bio that's on tonight ... I've always thought she was interesting ...

Could not find the Ultimate Chopper (posted about it on the food thread) that I coveted but did get a cheap little model and some pears and hope to make pear and cottage cheese muffins in bulk tomorrow. Will post the recipe on the food thread!!! I have to stay away from peanut butter cups!!!!

Pears are good!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:47 PM   #120  
Empress/Queen

Also missing Cerise!
Closed Thread