Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 11:24 AM   #511  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' loves and happy Friday!

Sorry for the disappearing act *again*, it's been a busy week...

Cerise, I literally started tearing up reading your post about your dove. I'm so very sorry for you, I know it must've broke your heart. I had a similar happening with a guinea pig when I was 17... unimaginable guilt. Consider yourself cyber-hugged.

WSW, it's so good to see you. Sorry you're having difficulties, your determination to keep on keepin' on is inspiring!

Amarantha, what is this about a Yahoo group?? I missed something.... I co-moderate a couple and haven't had any problems with spambots, but they're all "by invitation only" groups. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Well, still a busy bee. Heading to the coast this weekend for our full moon ritual on the beach - I'm co-leading, wish me luck!

Hugs and smooches to all unmentioned - I will make an effort to be here more next week!

Terri
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:29 AM   #512  

Hi Q of Friday!

This site was down a few days and we were emailing each other privately but do not have your current email address... the idea of a Yahoo group was mentioned as the Spambots appear to be here on 3FC... The Empress appears to be targeted...

We have missed You!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:38 AM   #513  
Spreadin' the luv.

Smile Hope the Queen of Friday plans to stop by...

Good Friday Morning, fellow royals.

I'm feeling tired, drained and flat today. Sorry I haven't been by for a while, dears.

My parents euthanized my old childhood cat, Callie, this week.

Ramon's going back to Eugene, OR to visit some friends of his for the weekend. I'm really, really happy he's doing it.

My sister has 6 girlfriends coming over from Spokane, so she's tied up this weekend.

I need to get some friends.

On the bright side, I'm planning to be rather self-indulgent this weekend. I'm going to shop for some skirts and pants, I'm going to get a haircut and deep conditioning, and I'm going to rent movies and fix nice food and eat at a restaurant with my book.

I'll stop by later. Maybe when the green tea kicks in this morning I won't be so bloody morose and can talk to you properly.

That whole email-what's-going-on thing was scary. Let's only do something when we've talked about it here and have a plan, K? Makes me fretful. Not a pretty sight.

Love you,

Cerise

Edit: THERE you are, Punkin. OK, stop the fretting - life's good again. Darling, I went to my first women's circle this week and it bloody rocked. Oh, man. Cried all over them about poor Frankie. I was horrified, but they laughed kindly and said that all of them cried at their first women's circle. It was wonderful. I owe you for this, dear. The idea to join a Women's Circle came from you.

I'm feeling better. Let's turn this post purple.

Last edited by Cerise; 04-30-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:05 PM   #514  

Default Hi Cerise!

Cerise-- sorry about Callie... Its so hard to see our pets go... no matter how...
I can relate to feeling like you're the only one without any plans or place to be...
Your weekend sounds delish though....
I am one of those folks who enjoys time alone though... probably comes from growing up in a large family...

Which book do you think you'll buy??
Seems like there are so many to choose ...
Just 2 days began listening to "Book of Ruth" and then last night saw a promo that the movie will be on this coming Sunday evening....
I am enjoying the audio.

Well, sometimes its amazing what we forgot is in our closets... Went to pull cheap wire hangers from DH's closet to hang some western style shirts he never fit into to try and sell tomorrow. ( hmmmm, would you believe bought about 15 yrs ago and still have the tags on them?) AND found, two pairs of pants that will fit him now, one much less with a brand new leather belt we've been needing too....
so, I am hanging the shirts outside to air out in the sun.....

Later!
Old 05-01-2004, 06:06 AM   #515  

Good morning, Queens. Thinking of you, Kaylets, as I'm sure you're already up and about getting ready for your sale. Saw several as we drove aroundyesterday. Beautiful day for one yesterday and same seems to be promised for most of today.

Self indulgent weekend sounds about right to me, Cerise. I'm hoping for a long quiet one with lots of recuperation. If it works out that way, it will be the first one in six weeks.

Peeked out the front door on the way to kitchen this a.m. Dawn just coming up over my gorgeous pink dogwood. I like to go across the street this time of year just to admire it, the white candytuft and red and pink azaleas (with a lone remaining pink and white tulip). From over there I don't see all the work that needs to be done in the beds. And for two weeks or so a year, it looks great. Sigh! Do really miss my digging in the dirt form of communing with Mother Nature. But will buy some limited number of bedding plants soon and do lots of containers and stuff.

Will do a May Day weigh in after breakfast. Not expecting much. Plus had a cortisone shot yesterday which will probably up the number a bit over the next few days/weeks. BUT - despite not much exercise I am seeing (or imagining) additional abdominal "sculpturing" AND yesterday's outfit actually looked better tucked in than out. So I am encouraged despite the scale.

Relax, regals, and have a good one for the court.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:20 PM   #516  
Spreadin' the luv.

Good morning, Queens.

I'm still in my jammies, I admit. I woke up and fed the livestock (Simone and B'Elanna, cats, and the remaining dove, Jacky) and then curled back under the covers and read the last bit of "Chocolat". The novel is much darker than the movie. My brain has fixed them into two completely separate stories, thank god, or I'd run mad trying to reconcile the movie with the novel. This happens with me and movies and novels.

Anagram, good news on your brave weigh-in! And I'm gladder than glad that you can indeed see sculpting in your ab region. Wonderful!!!

I'm giong to shower, clean the dishes, tidy the bedroom and then OUT. Cars are whooshing past my windows and the world beckons. Just have to make sure the house is enough in order that I don't come home and wilt at the sight of it, right?

Love to all...
Old 05-01-2004, 01:22 PM   #517  
Empress/Queen

Hi, s! Lurking. This is a test. I have a new spam filter thing.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:09 PM   #518  
Empress/Queen

It works. I'm back! Posted a journaling challenge for May ... kind of in brevity mode as depression is extremely heavy at the moment.

Cerise, sorry to hear about your Callie.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #519  

Welcome back, brevity mode or not. I think you need to be in PA today, Empress, as it is so lovely here today that depression is not possible. We need to inaugurate a court personage for the sole purpose of cheering up Queens and Empresses.

Note to the Royal Court - Empress A is only one and a half pounds away from a 100 lb loss and 'twoud behoove us to lift her bodily and carry her for that last little bit. Would that not be a marvelous occasion to rejoice?

So I'm hereby pledging to do my darnedest this month to be faithful and loyal and determined enough in my own goals that I help carry A. to her 100 lb loss.

PS As this thread is now 35 pages long, is the 1st of May an appropriate time to start a new one?
Old 05-01-2004, 06:35 PM   #520  
Empress/Queen

You are so nice, Anagramatic! I really appreciate your kindness!!! YOWZA on reaching thy goal in the May Day Sprint!!!! I think thou shouldst have the honor of starting the new CCRRMM thread!!!!! Thanks also for joining the journaling challenge!!!!

Let's sizzle on, hot s!!!!
Old 05-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #521  

Hello all!

Yes, I am sore and tired and have been ravenous all day so either my metabolism was at full blast, my cycle is due to hit, or its the phase of the moon! My appetite feels like just a big yawing void as big as the Grand Canyon...

But enough about me!

Empress this is SO EXCITING! I am so glad Anagram pointed this out as I would've never noticed as I am always so involved with your writing, I never seem to look at the stats! Am sending lots and lots of positive energy your way!
100 lbs. That literally is another person. A small person but still, a person.
Hmmmmmmm....

Speaking of celebrations...

Remember the little girl I asked for positive energy?? They finally had no choice but to do the surgery. The surgery lasted nearly 6hrs and the tumor they removed was 9lbs. Keep in mind, this is from a 4 yr old who weighed 40 lbs b/4 the tumor stopped the kidneys.... Sections of her colon, stomach, all the gall bladder had to be removed as well. 1/3 of her liver too...
That was Wed. On Friday, in the am, she was breathing fine on her own. By midday she was doing well enough to be moved from ICU... 48 hrs early!!!
Positve energy was a big factor here my friends and I am grateful.
Carly has chemo she must still go thru but now that the tumor is removed, her system seems to be fighting a fairer fight.

Empress, a big hug and a kiss to you.
And Cerise, how is your weekend going?
Anagram! Sounds like you are toning ! And I can relate to the clothes fitting better but the scale not reflecting.... that's why I've decided I made a horrible mistake by not keeping track of my measurements.... Only have from the beginning of this year.... but actually, if I think about it, I knew I was wearing a size 24 jean so we know that it wouldnt be that tough to find out what my waist and hips were.... hmmmm

anyway...

Enough about me...

Sale went ok considering our big goal was to get rid of stuff that was getting ruined by being stored ( you know how fragile paper is)... and we got very lucky... ITS ALL GONE! they got the deal of the century but we made our money and its time to let someone else do well too...

So.... driveway now is for the cars again. Yardsale was scheduled for both days but storms due tonight and all day tomorrow so.... we're done!

DH ran and is doing a lawn job he got during our yard sale ( sometimes it just makes sense to talk to folks) as its a big job ( backyard overgrown to about the knees) and he doesnt want the grass growing any higher w/ 2 days of rain predicted....

He is so annoying... In the past 2 weeks he's lost nearly 15 lbs and is down a size... he says doing lawns is like being paid to work out... and his bowling game got much better because he says, now that he is "working out" so much, he isnt getting tired in the middle of the 2nd game....
YIKES!
Old 05-01-2004, 09:04 PM   #522  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Kaylets, for the positive energy. I'm not sure the scale will go in the proper direction tomorrow, though, so am prepared for a big gain. Been eating a lot. Very depressed this week and couldn't find satisfaction in any food I ate.

I lost 100 pounds before, though, and soon will be there again.

I'm glad to hear about the little girl's successful surgery ... seems if she's past that hurdle, mayhap the chemo'll be a breeze. Crossing fingers and toes for her ... she seems a trouper indeed.

Gotta go let Old Dog in!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 08:45 AM   #523  

For the start of the new month, I've started a SIZZLING new thread. Hope no one is offended at my lack of temerity (I'm putting me out there). Hopefully, all Royals will proceed to the Sizzling and Slimming thread.

In the process, Kaylets, discovered the green warning of which you spoke. This was my first attempt at new threading and, lo, there it was.

So glad the little girl has come through so successfully so far. All our troubles can look so small in the light of hers. And isn't that so MALE of dh. But so good for his health (one only presumes here).

Work hard, Empress! Wood Nymph, hope your EOM deluge is abated.

R&R day here, Queens. Wishing you the same.
Closed Thread