3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

CCRRMM at home in the palace ...

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 07:44 AM   #31
Momma Frog

Hi all! Hope I have been a little missed.
I have been so busy with 2 jobs I haven't had even much time to sleep. Very tired, and very sick (again!) I've got that dag gone cold AGAIN!! What is going on??

For this challenge, even though I won't be losing weight, I'd like to challenge myself to not ralph in the car on the way to and from work. I now get car sick. I came very close to tossing my cookies this morning whilst at stoplight. When does the all day sickness end?

Finally told the big boss about us being pregnant. She was extremely less than thrilled and suggested I start looking for something else. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

More later lovies, I have to pee!!

Old 02-18-2004, 08:00 AM   #32
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Isn't that illegal? And discriminatory? Zadie K?

Bye the bye congrats to the new auntie (or do you say "antie"?). I like the longer drawley "u" sound...it sounds so Auntie. Babies come fast once that water breaks...and doctors like to get 'em out...safer.

Just a quickkie....hope all the sickies feel better...I too was quite sick with my first preg Frogger....caught every blessed thing going around and could take nothing! Moving is hard enough when it is yourself, right wsw?...but to move a company? Whoa....just keep in touch when you can Cerise.

Arabella, SeattleJo and the rest of the AWOL S...where are you?

Ceara

Old 02-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #33
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Back in the game.

Heigh-ho, chickadees.

Ahhh. Woke up this morning HATING my life but then got to work and some sort of weird, "everything's-all-right" euphoria kicked in. Huh. Maybe because the company's moved, we're in our nice new office and even though I have a mountain (and I'm not kidding) to unpack and store, at least the heavy, oh-God-what-if-I-forget-something panic is over.

I was hating my life because I fixed some nice Mexican hot chocolate with a shot of Kahlua for Ramon and I last night and it kept me up like you wouldn't believe. To add to that frenzy (you know, the sweaty, caffeine-induced, doze-off-weird-dream-jerk-awake-every-half-hour kind of night), I had also inhaled a book of Steven King short stories just before turning off the light...no one can with reality better than he.

Anyway, on to posties:

Dammit, Kermie (I mean, Frogger). What is the matter with your boss? Ceara's right, she's breakin' the law by even saying something like that. Don't suppose you have a good lawer...? I hope you get some relief from your ill health soon. What about the glowy, feel-good thing I keep hearing that pregnant women are supposed to inherit? Skipped you, I guess.

Ceara, how are the doglies? How's that good friend of yours who's dealing with the loss of her husband?

Eydie, I've been a little "off", too, lately. I spent two weeks off-program, the first because I was deathly ill (coughed so bloody much I was sore for days afterward) and the second because I was spending every waking (and most sleeping) minute thinking about moving the company and couldn't bear to spend the mental energy on thinking about what I was eating. Silly to see such words on my computer screen, now that I've typed them, but going off prog. seemed a good idea at the time, and maybe it wasn't such a bad one, since I maintained weight-wise and stayed sane. Who knows? I'm back on the wagon today, though!

Aw, poor Kaylets. I'm so sorry about your domestic stress. That sort of thing colors my whole day sometimes. Here's some peace... ...here's some luv... . I know what you mean about eating something so it'll taste better. I did that with canteloupe once. Hate the stuff, since I was a kid. One day I said to myself, "OK, you're a grown-up now. Grownups like canteloupe. They eat it and like it." I started eating it every day, sincerely experiencing the flavor and trying to like it. I still hate it. I'd rather eat cat hair. OK, not quite.

WSW, glad to hear your move's coming along. Thanks for sharing your story about the volunteer you were able to help. That's exactly the impression I've had of you - sort of a sage friend who people relied on. I can tell that people feel good about things when they're around you. I love those kind of people. Actually, there are a lot of people like that on this thread!

Speaking of which, uh, where is everybody? Oh, I know. My absence made everyone just want to leave, too, right? R-i-i-i-g-h-t. Well, I'm back, ladies! Time to slip back into the fold.

Actually, thanks to y'all faithful ones who've stuck it out through thick and thin. I'll get more like you with time, I hope.

Love, darlings...
Old 02-18-2004, 03:08 PM   #34
caffeine free!

Fly by, but I just had to say it...Frogger, what your boss is doing is almost certainly illegal. I am not giving legal advice becuase I am not licensed to practice in your state, but if, hypotehtically a situation like that was to happen there would be some hypothetical things that a person could do. There is probably a state agency that takes care of issues like this. Department of labor or department of human rights are a couple of guesses. There are also attorneys that might take a case like with no out of pocket costs becuase under the federal regulations they might be able to get attorney fees. I do not know about nonprofits round your parts, but there is probably someone who crusades about this issue that might have attorneys as well.

Speaking of attorneys, I guess i should get back to acting like one

Last edited by zadie k : 02-18-2004 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:43 PM   #35
Spreadin' the luv.

Zadie, you hypothetically rock.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:29 PM   #36
deleted2

Frogger, add me to the list of women who are absolutely outraged about your boss' behaviour. Is she serious or does she think she's being funny, or is she being *****y? What nerve! And you don't need that in your delicate condition. [does anyone say that anymore?] Sorry about the A.M. sickness. Does that pass after a while? Oh, and of course you've been missed, silly!

Cerise, so you're feeling more settled? I'm the same way when I have something big coming up at work--it consumes my every waking moment and them poof! it's over.

Punkin, send us a sign. Hopefully you're taking some time off and doing the 'Spa Terry' thing.

Ick. A very bad, very weird day for me. So weird that I know something must be going on with me, but I can't really pinpoint it. So I've been eating all kinds of bizarre stuff today, stuff I wouldn't normally touch--junk. And I've made myself good and sick. Good news is my faithful body's craving water and nothing but water. I usually post my food journal on the other thread, but I couldn't even tell you what I've had exactly. Let's just say it got ugly!

Bowed but not beaten....that's me!

Old 02-18-2004, 10:07 PM   #37
Hot Stuff

Hi girls. We aren't going to talk about my weigh in because it was awful. It has to be water because I know I didn't gain that much this week. And I wore jeans tonight, which doesn't help.

I have a second interview on Tuesday. We're still working out the time. The only feedback I have so far from the recruiter is that the Controller really enjoyed talking with me and feels I am capable of filling the position. The next interview is with HR.

Frogger, never mind illegal, that's just downright despicable!!! GO TO HUMAN RESOURCES. Tell them what she said. Get it documented! Don't let her get away with that...she should know better than to say such a thing, even if there was the remotest bit of humor in it.

Cerise, ever read any Clive Barker? Now there's a twisted mind. Blows Stephen King out of the water, IMO, but I'm a fan so I'm biased. Hellraiser, Imagica, The Great and Secret Show....*shiver* Glad the bulk of the move is over with for you. What an ordeal something like that would be! You're feeling better, then? Hello to Ramon How is he doing?

Kaylets, sorry to hear about the domestic stress. Hope it is better tonight!

I think we need to send the Royal Search and Rescue team to find Punkin and SeatleJo.

Hello to all our lovely ladies....I need to find something else to wear tomorrow since the cat puked all over what I had laid on the bed. Of course she did it AFTER I finished ironing it.

demain...
Old 02-19-2004, 07:36 AM   #38

Hello all!!

Oh boy, again, didn't want to listen to the alarm! Stayed up past bedtime watching a show I was taping too.... : 0
That seems silly doesn't it???

Its very much like that Country song,
"What was I thinking??".....
About something else!!!

Now, if last night, I still had little ones, I'd be making sure they got to bed on time so they be starting Thursday well rested....
Why am I not as important? Why is it ok for me "not to be on the list"??
And what kind of example am I to my family??

Remember what Dr Phil says.... "We teach those around us how to treat us..."
If I don't respect my needs, I am "teaching" others that its ok not to respect my time, my needs, myself......

Does that mean I need a lion tamers whip and a chair??? No. Not for me.
But step by smiling step, the same way I learned how to cook new vegetables, figure out points, etc., etc.....

Lots of days, all of this seems like too much effort...but then I wonder why I think I'm not worth the effort??? I'd do this for a parent, child, friend,.....

hmmmmmmmmm.....

JOURNAL CHALLENGE!!!
I don't know why I hate to do this so much! But, I am challenging myself and anyone else who's interested. I could use your support!
All you have to do is come back and share..
" I recorded most of my food.."
"I recorded all my water"
All you have to do is share how you did...
For me, its going to be one meal at a time..
I hate to carry a notepad around so I am thinking I will write it down on a loose sheet and then staple it into a notepad that will live on my desk here....

Its time to try something new, I've tried everything else I can think !!

Thought of the day:
"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
--Milton Berle

Question of the day :

"What were Milton Berle's famous "habits"?"

FROGGER!!!! Personally, just to make sure I understood and to confirm the boss wasnt "offering advise" because of your travel time, etc,etc.... IF she is really telling you that your job is in jeopardy.... you do need to report it.

I would be tempted to go back to her and start the conversation again...
tell her how much you like your job... etc. and see what is said...
Even better...would be an email... documentation is a good thing....

Take care all!

Today is the day!
Old 02-19-2004, 11:47 AM   #39
Empress/Queen

Yo, I'm doing a couple of flybyes also as somewhat crunched for time this week. I posted this on the NOLA thread, so zapping it in here as well:

"Yay, Ceara and Anagram!!!!! Good for thee for schlepping on through Georgia and the Bayou ... I think the Bayou may be in there somewhere ... on Sunday, I'm going to post the CCRRMM Vernal Equinox Exercise Challenge, unless someone else wants to? (Would not hurt my feelings, I just want to have a new exercise thread on Sunday)!!! Since the NOLA was meant to go to Mardi Gras, it seemeth that the consensus be we need a vernal equinox challenge. I'm thinking we can all just post personal exercise related challenges and go from there ... I'm going to continue with my 360 minutes a week and everyone can continue with what they're continuing with ... hope that soundeth ok dokey ... I'm going to post this verra post on the main thread as well ... sure and b'gorra (St. Pat's Day is somewhat close to the vernal equinox, so ... ) ... "

Let me know if anyone objecteth!

Frogger, so glad to see thee but sorry thou be havin' a rough time with the BB (supply wording thyself)! As said above, your boss' attitude is wrong and discriminatory (IMO) and probably not legal (in my non lawyerish opinion). Zadie ... ?

K, you be on!!! I journal at least my calories and exercise every day and then keep it on a spreadsheet at night. Often, though, I don't list every menu item, but have been doing it on the Demon Food Thread ... maybe you'd like to do it there so's we frequenters of that thread can see thy menus and get good ideas. Every day I see thy menu there, I'll post one ... sometimes I don't have time to do both threads and I really like the focus on food on that thread.

Ok, sorry, gotta go!!!!

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, YO!!!!

Dost thou thinketh Punkin and Seattle Jo joined the Foreign Legion?
Old 02-19-2004, 05:49 PM   #40
deleted2

Kaylets, I positively couldn't do this at all without my trusty food journal. I've kept one for years. If anyone ever asked me for advice on how to lose weight and keep it off, I think my first bit would be to keep a food/exercise journal. Yes, please--post away on the food thread! Great challenge!

Amarantha, looking forward to the Equinox Exercise thread. I plan to give myself a new challenge every week. I need to shake things up a little! More bellydancing? That's a whole lotta shakin'!

Where is everybody? Doing something fun and healthy, I hope.

And Kaylets, it's a touch before my time, but I want to know Milton Berle's habits! I know he dressed like a woman in his act sometime, but I don't think you could call that a habit! Inquiring minds want to know......!

Old 02-19-2004, 08:32 PM   #41

Hello all!

Yes, Milton Berle did often dress as a woman, especially evening gowns. in fact, that seemed to be a common gag in early television...
this is kind of funny, because this morning I was thinking of Jack Benny and his "cheapness" and always being "39" ...
But Milton Berle is known as "Mr Television" from his many, many appearances, shows as well as being a writer for Ironsides.

Need to get some props together-- I am speaking to a high school class at a girls school tomorrow ... They are doing a class a week in public speaking, Toastmaster style, and I am their guest tomorrow. It will give me more experience speaking to people I dont know ( but still kind of safe as they are teenagers and in private school so have to sit still and look attentive! )
I am doing a speech about thinking "outside the box" in which I talk about how I hate that phrase because I never could figure out what it meant...
I am adding some "current" info specifically that "She Bangs" American Idol reject to make it a little more relevant for these girls... with my luck, they arent allowed to watch television and I'll have to explain who he is!!
He sure is an "out of the box" character... in fact, he's so out of the box, he's in the next zipcode!
And if you don't remember when I did this speech last time, I talk about what I thought the expression might have meant, rejecting the idea that we all think on automation like robots... and then start talking about how hard it is to see things differently....how its really hard to be a Bill Gates or Donald Trump or Tiger Woods.... and then, how I realized that our "box" is can be like a jewelry box... with all of our beliefs, values, fears, dreams, memories and visions .... how we carry these things with us wherever we go ... if we carry these things too close and too high, it blocks our view and makes it impossible to see clearly or to grab onto anything new....
But then, I finally realized, is if I use the box as a step stool ( and I literally put the "box" ( its a dressed up milk crate,) on the floor and get up on top of it..... That once you bring yourself to a higher place, you see things from an entirely different point of view....

Well, you guys are the best... you just helped me with my run thru!

Now to go wrap some brown bag around the milk crate and paste some signs on it that read " Dreams" "Fears" "School" "Faith"......

Today is the day!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:59 PM   #42
deleted2

Kaylets, please let us know how your meeting at the school goes. That is very cool! You know, I've never watched American Idol but somehow I know this 'she bangs character' you mentioned. Strange, it's like his 'fame' has seeped outside the box and he's everywhere! How did that happen? I picked it up thru osmosis. Creepy.

Thanks for the info on Uncle Miltie. I have a big book of his jokes--I think I'll read a few before bed tonight!

Old 02-20-2004, 06:48 AM   #43

Hello all!

Thanks Eydie, you just convinced me the "she bangs" guy is the way to go...

in fact, I think I am starting to like him more and more... his voice is awful but he is so persistent!
You've got to admire that!

How about some Uncle Miltie jokes for Friday??

Thought of the day :

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
-- Elbert Hubbard

Question of the day :

"If you had to eat the same dinner for a month, what would it be?"
--Table Topics from the Pampered Chef

Zadie-- too long overdue, congrats on the princess in your family!! How is your sister feeling too??
A new baby always makes everyone optimistic....!

Today is the day!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:22 AM   #44
deleted2

Okay. Kaylets---here's a few one-liners from the Diet section of "The Best of Milton Berle's Private Joke File"!

*A friend of mine has a great diet. You drink booze all day and eat anything you want. You don't lose weight, but you forget you're fat.

*He's lost a lot of weight. Last week he put on his winter underwear and fell thru the flap!

*It took a lot of willpower but I finally gave up dieting.

*She's on the rotation diet. Everytime she turns around she eats.

*I just bought a great bathroom scale. It takes off for good intentions.

*I went to a spa where the portions are so small, the guests fight over the food. Each dinner table comes with a waiter, a busboy, and a referee.

*My friend Tom bought a home exercise gym. Now he's starving to keep up the payments.

*I feel terrible. I've got so much gas, I'm being followed by Arabs!

*Show me a girl with a good figure, and I'll show you a hungry girl.

*My sister has a new diet that lets her eat anything from a blender. For dinner yesterday she drank 3 chickens and a roast beef.

*My wife claims she keeps young by dieting, exercising, and lying about how good she feels.

*Give up those intimate dinners for 2--unless you have a date.

*We live in a strange country. We spend half our money on food, and the other half trying to lose weight.

*My wife just went on her second diet. There isn't enough for her to eat on the first one.

Okay, I could go on and on, but it's time to bring this on home. Here we go....

A woman meets a friend for coffee and starts waxing eloquent about her husband. "He's a cheap *******," the woman says. "He doesn't leave me enough money for food. Last month I lost ten pounds."
The friend says, "Why don't you leave him?"
The woman says, "I will as soon as I lose ten more pounds."

I'm fighting the temptation to list more......!

Old 02-20-2004, 08:12 AM   #45
Empress/Queen

Yo, thanks for the info on Berle, Kaylets and Eydie! I don't remember him very well at all but it's interesting that he dressed as a woman on tv so long ago and that he made jokes about diets.

I like your thoughts on thinking out of the box ... yes, "making your own kind of music" IS the hardest thing to do.

I'm in a vast hurry ... posting a recipe on the demon food thread ... traveling until late afternoon but going to go work out with trainer first.

Eydie, I think I may do a different exercise challenge each week also on the new exercise thread.

I'm really kind of worried about Punkin and also about others who have disappeared ... calling all lagging posters ... check into the palace ... the towel boys miss thee!

SPAM: TODAY I GOT A BUNCH OF OBSCENE ONES THAT CLEARLY HAD WORDS USED ON THIS FORUM ... PRIVACY SOFTWARE IS INTACT, SO IT HAS TO BE COMING FROM THIS SITE ... DOESN'T DO ANY GOOD TO TRY AND REPORT TO THEIR ISP SO I REPORTED IT TO MINE. I HATE THIS!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.