3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

CCRRMM at home in the palace ...

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 02:02 PM   #271

Hello all!

I've been running late all day... very late for me... Stayed up past midnight posting Ebay auctions and then stayed in bed catching up this am.

Well, journaling has gone by the wayside again for me this weekend...
I guess I could be less than honest and say I was ... but it never crossed my mind till this am...
Although I did remind myself last night what can happen if you don't make your meals a priority... I kept thinking I'd get up and cook "in a second" and then suddenly, it was 7pm and you guessed it, I was ravenous....Last night's dinner was within point range but not what I'd call healthy=-- yogurt w/ fruit and 4 pieces of homemade wheat bread... and then a grapefruit... It was a close one for sure...all I could think of was SUGAR ... and had to scramble to keep myself from grabbing the carkeys to go find something..

anyway...
let me get a load of wash running-- its very windy, maybe I can get some towels out to dry.

Today is the day!
Old 03-21-2004, 06:34 PM   #272
Empress/Queen

Kayeletsi, I must say I admire thee for doing the ebay auctions. I love ebay but have never for some reason had the nerve to auction stuff off on there ... I think I'm going to make it a goal that by June I'll sell something on ebay! I have this dream of making a fortune on the internet and then I could stop being a reporter!

Sounds doable!

I've posted my new personal Ultima Initiative on the food and exercise thread and also there's a mean person on that thread pretending to be me and threatening to send some kind of fitness fanatic out after anyone who stops posting there ... better be on the lookout at the palace as well ... let's all make sure to keep posting so things don't turn ugly!!!!

Ok, bye!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 06:36 PM   #273
Empress/Queen

Also, Kaylets, congrats on beating the SUGAR yesterday!!!!! No sugar!!!! Sugar evil, homemade wheat bread good!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 06:47 AM   #274

FRESH START MONDAY!!!!!!

Ok, now that I have your attention......

Looks like a good Fresh Start Day here. Sun's out (sorta). Warmth SUPPOSED to start coming in tomorrow (yeah!). It's not that I was bad all last week. I was at least mediocre. But it is Monday and that's always a fresh start for me whether I need it or not.

Huzzah to Empress for finding another goal (selling on ebay). One DB has done that a lot and at one time made a decent living by it. I keep thinking that one day I'll do it, starting with little easy to pack things. In my case, probably a dream.

Anyway, for me it's Fresh Start again on the food, exercise, water. Fresh Start on the closets, Fresh Start on relationships, Fresh Start on joy.

Fresh Start to Eydie just back from a wonderful weekend away. Fresh Start to Frogger as starts her first week free from Demon job and looks for more beneficial employment. Fresh Start to wsw as she settles into new home and fights "technical difficulties". Fresh Start to Wood Nymph as she girds for EOM battle and looks towards her coming vacation.

Fresh Start to Wildfire as she enjoys some time off, her trip, and looks forward to starting the next phase of her life in a new job. Fresh Start to Cerise as the sun starts bathing Seattle in the energizing light she needs and to Zadie as she trains for her run. And to Ceara as again she energizes for the fight against demon Scale.

Fresh Start to Kaylets as she readies for the contest and to Empress as she once again ups her exercise minutes (phew!) and stays out of the 150s.

And - FRESH START TO PUNKIN, QUEEN OF FRIDAYS. Friday's just not the same without her. May she find her way back to us. We are feeling unloved but send hugs out to her should she be lurking.

Fresh Start to all unmentioned - and Fresh Start to those who may join us lurking from time to time.

Time for tea.

Last edited by anagram : 03-22-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:17 AM   #275

Hello all!
Was waiting for the board to come up and was thinking of the old Mama's and Papa's classic, "Monday, Monday" ....
and the line from that song:
"Monday's always get me down.."
And with that thought, glanced out the window and saw two robins bouncing around my backyard.
And realized there are lots of great things in store for today... I just have to
look for them....

Not sure how exact this quote is but I do know the author:

Today's thought is:
"Expect delight in everything and you will find it."
-- Mark Victor Hansen

Question of the day :
"Are you following 'March Madness'?"

Here's a big virtual group
((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))
to give us all a lift this am!

and then I get here and read Anagram's great post and am ready to face whatever Monday brings!

And so far it looks like it's brought a pound up but..... what can you do?
Its only a pound... and who knows what tonight's weigh in will bring!

KETTLE IS ON!

PS- couple of my auctions did really well... very exciting considering some of it was just gathering dust...

Today is the day!
Old 03-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #276
caffeine free!

Monday morning. Yikes. I have a cold, so I am a bit crusty today.

So, I am starting my new personal mini goal. I WILL get down to 140 by the official start of summer. 13 weeks. I will also food journal, which I have been very lax about, and continue to do my training. I will be financially responsible which will also make me nutritionally responsible. I will admit that chocolate is not a food group.

Kaylets - I am glad your auctions went well. I am a bit intimidated by ebay, but I know a few people who do a lot of auctions and seem to do rather well.

anagram - thank your for the fresh start. i need it. also the boundless optimism really helps on Monday morning.

Amarantha - I will be stopping by the exercise and food thread. Honest. Especially with this new goal thing going on. And I personally need a really mean fitness freak to get me into gear.

Hello to everyone else. I am now going to actually look at the exercise and food thread. Right now. Really.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:16 PM   #277
Spreadin' the luv.

Question Chocolate's Not a Food Group?

Sunny Monday here, ladies.

I didn't get on here at all this weekend, I admit, though I have to say that Ramon and I had one of those weekends where it was just us two and we had a blast.

Zadie, good for you with your goals! They're good ones, for sure. I hear you about financial responsibility - Ramon and I were figuring out what we could do with the money we have if we were just a wee bit smarter about what to do with it. Phew.

**Aaaaah. I'm having the best cup of green tea right now.**

QOD: I'm not following March Madness at all, though a lot of money's changing hands in our office pool, or so I hear. Madness indeed. All the sentimental Washingtonians who bet on Gonzaga are tearing out their hair right now. OK, sounds like I'm following it a bit .

Kaylets, I LOVE that quote!! It was as important to me as the Philo of Alexandria one. It's all about expectations, isn't it? You can change words around in it and come up with other startling truths, I think. Expect to understand someone, to be able to see where they're coming from and you probably will. That quote works in so many ways for me. Thanks for reminding me! Oh, yeah, and I've got "Monday, Monday" in my head and I'm stuck with it for the rest of the day. Thanks for that, too.

Anagram, you gave me a grin this morning. I pictured you handing out glowy, multicolored Fresh Start cards to each of us as we filed by. Thanks for keeping our dreams in your heart. Can I share your Fresh Start on Joy? I feel it, man, with the bright, chirpy mornings (the birds, not me), and cherry trees in bloom all over the place. Where's the joy smilie? Ah:

Amarantha, aren't meany imposters the worst ? I have one in my mouth that gets irritable and snaps responses to people before I get the chance to formulate a reply. Geez. She's getting slower in her old age, thank god. At least your impostor's doing something relatively constructive. How's your schnoz? Any better?

Eydie, how exciting about your little getaway! I'm glad you had a good time. It must have been really exciting to see the marathon. I know it's not the same, but Ramon and I happened to be in the right place at the right time (we were waiting to hop on a ferry) and caught a huge peace demonstration march as it went by. Amazing. I'm not trying to get all political here, but it's just wonderful the power a group has when they're all walking/running in the same direction with a common purpose. Even in a marathon which is competetive, I've heard it's kind of the same feeling. I hadn't gotten to experience such a thing before, and it's staggering, isn't it?

Oh, yeah, and Anagram, I'm so glad you were able to spot what was causing your migraine and stop it. Such a relief to you, I'm sure. Hormones are so weird to even fathom.

All right ladies, my goal for the day: write out a Spring Cleaning Schedule for the course of this week. By Thursday night, I want the apartment to shine! No, no, no - not like that . Like this!

Love to all,

Viscountess Grins-at-Pigeons

Last edited by Cerise : 03-22-2004 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:47 AM   #278

Hello all!

Trying to get up the first time the alarm goes off but as Daylight Savings Time gets closer I resist more.... I will spare you the details ... you will hear plenty as it gets closer and closer...
My point is that I am trying to avoid losing an entire hour in the am because that means less time here!

Cerise- Yes, I've used the "delight" quote a few times since I've found it...
It certainly can apply in many situations.

Empress- Yes, have we had an update on the Sinus/Tooth infection?? Inquiring minds....

Anagram- FRESH START!!!! FORGET REGRETS!!! Thanks, so perfect for first day of the week!

Zadie-Keep pumping the liquids-- makes it easier to breathe, etc, etc when
you're "crusty".
We do ok on Ebay, certainly not making a living but it is great venue for items that need a broader audience than you would find coming to your yardsale.

To everyone I havent mentioned, I've just brewed a pot of your favorite tea...
Hello, and how are you, and how is life treating you???

Office brunch on Thursday. Any ideas? Most exciting thing I can think of right this instant is an apple/oatmeal crumble in the crockpot... or maybe salsa w/ celery, peppers and carrots as "chips" ?? I've got chick peas too... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Thought of the day :

"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist."
--Indira Ghandi

Question of the day :

" Are you a good poker player?"

KETTLE IS READY!

Today is the day!
Old 03-23-2004, 06:48 AM   #279

Default Special Tuesday Grin!!!

SPECIAL TUESDAY GRIN!!!

(Please read at your own risk...if even reading about chocolate is tempting for you, please beware!)

13 Things PMS Stands For

1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
6. Provide Me with Sweets
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweatpants
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Plainly; Men Suck
12. Pack My Stuff

And my favorite one...

13. Potential Murder Suspect

THE HORMONE WARNING
The Hormone Hostage knows that there are days in the month when all a man
has to do is open his mouth and he takes his life in his own hands! This is
a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's license in the wallet
of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?
ULTRASAFE: Have some chocolate

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?
SAFER: Wow, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
SAFER: Could we be overreacting?
SAFEST: Here's my paycheck.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't over-do it today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!
ULTRASAFE: Have some more chocolate.

Pass this on to all of your hormonal friends and those who might need a good
Laugh!

Or men who need a warning.

And remember: Money talks .... But Chocolate sings!

Today is the day!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #280
Empress/Queen

Talking

Yo!!! Kaylets!!!! But that kinda describes me most of the time, unfortunately, not just at specified hormonal moments!!!! Except for me they have to say, "Have some dulce de leche!"

Thanks be to Cerise and K for health inquiries and I be doing well ... finally broke down and took the antibiotics (I don't really believe in taking them unless one be terminal) and found I need lots of expensive dental work but really like my new dentist. Not going back until the 14th, though!

Sorry I'm a little MIA at the palace recently ... for the nonce I'm hangin' out in the kitchen/workout room (aka the food & exercise thread) in an effort to wrestle my aging body into submission ... reaching my weight/fitness goal is a priority in my life at the moment so's I can tackle the really hard stuff later!!!! Missing all the s who be missing and the ones I'm missing by being missing ... really, there are too many MISSING s here!!!! Let's get together and have coffee!!!!

Avanti!!!

PUNKINSEED!!!!?? Art thou ok?

Wsw? Dollar? Anyone else who hasn't shown up in the last few weeks, please sign in at the palace gates so the towel boys will have a list! Thanks!

Ok, had to put out one more call ... I'll shut up now ...
Old 03-23-2004, 10:40 PM   #281

Hereby seconding the Empress' call to the Missing Royalty - come home, all is forgiven.

Busy day and so tired.

QODs: No I don't follow March Madness. Followed local state championships last weekend a bit as dh was there, Boys team from my kids hs came in second after being champs in their category last year and girls team from dh high school won in theirs.

No, I don't play poker at all but if I did everyone could tell when I had something good. Everything I feel seems to show all over me, good and bad.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:37 AM   #282
Spreadin' the luv.

Hello, darlings.

Sorry for the brevity, but The Ramon just got home and it's bedtime for me. I took a peek at our other thread and went, "Ah! THAT's where everybody is!" I'm just going to have to frequent that thread more often!

I miss you all, of course, but hope you're all doing well. I'm wondering mostly about you, dear wsw - is everything going OK? Of course you're busy, luv, and our thoughts are with you.

Kaylets, thanks for the laugh out loud today. You gave me my first laugh of the day, which is, as you know, an important distinction from me.

Love to you all, and I'll check in properly tomorrow morning.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:07 AM   #283

Ah, today's supposed to be the day when spring returns. At least starts to return. Dh and I will be driving into the mountains once again on some business and will return to The Special Place to test whether it's normal order has been restored. Methinks then this will be our last trip there for a while as hopefully the business will soon be concluded.

All else seems relatively quiet here today. No medical appts. Since we came home, between us we've had eight such and dh has one again next Tuesday. We need a new hobby.

Hang on, Cerise. I'm hoping we'll be back to full complement soon. It has been lonely sometimes, has it not? Are you recovering from the big move?
Old 03-24-2004, 06:54 AM   #284

Hello all!

Here we go Wednesday, here we go!
Never got a chance to look in again yesterday although I was thinking of all of us as I did two extra trips on the stairs yesterday....still can't claim any real "cardio program" but doesn't the huffing and puffing mean something????

Sun just started shining thru the window which is always nice...
Anyone thinking about a real garden this year??
I am thinking about some beans and lettuces that I've never tried before....any advice ??

Today's thought of the day :

"Accept for yourself some of the advice you give others."
--Life's Little Instruction Book

Question of the day :

"How much is gas where you are?"

Am still posting auctions .... am so slow at it but think I am finally learning some short cuts... and really am starting to see some clearing effect...although I keep opening cupboards and closets and finding things....
talk about packrat....
Weather might be good enough to pack up some things and go to the Farmers Market to sell too.... Much more traffic than I'd get here having a yard sale... but... it was nice last Wednesday too and then it snowed Friday so we'll just wait and see...

How many calories do you think are burned for opening boxes, packing, repacking????

KETTLE IS ON!

Today is the day!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:07 AM   #285
deleted2

Kaylets, I'm thinking of gardening this time of year. For me, it's alot of work to get it going--tilling, mulching, etc. But oh baby, the harvest! Actually feeling a little leery of it this year because we had the poorest garden ever last year because of the drought. Oh well, the thing with gardening is there's always next season!

Feeling alittle congested. I hope I'm not getting the crud. I've been so lucky this year so far....

BTW, gas here is about $1. 60 per gallon.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.