Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:24 PM   #181  
Spreadin' the luv.

Unhappy Please, Cybergods, let this post pass...

There. I've prayed over the damn thing. Nothing more I can do.

So, OK. I asked my questions honestly about the FlyLady website, and got exactly what I needed from you: honest, detailed, kindhearted answers. I can't tell you what a relief this is; both to find out that the FlyLady's "OK", and that none of you called me a knee-jerk alarmist femi**** who sees shadows where there are none (and you probably wouldn't be that far wrong). Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. When I lost that magnificent post, I went straight off to the FlyLady website and signed on, and I'm looking forward to going home and shining my sink. Ramon's bemused but willing to go along with anything that makes our apartment the haven we both long for.

Anagram, Amarantha, neither of you are being "nebby" (can someone for the love of God please tell me what that means?!) as I understand it. Rather, you are being "watchers". A "watcher" is someone who sees things, sees and hears what many people miss. I am one (don't laugh) and take my role pretty seriously. Watchers can do much good in the world. They can at a real level witness and suffer along with those who struggle. Watchers endure more pain in that manner than those who can turn blind eyes to the suffering around them. Those who watch and then do something about what they see are very rare. I'm typically not one - too chicken, but I do at least have the courage mostly to SEE, as do the two of you. That's rarer than you think, IMHO. Anyway, I think watchers do good in a sort of Buddhist, space-time-total-compassion-hovering-over-the-planet-in-a-cloud sort of way. In case you were wondering, dear friends, how much of a freak I am, now you know.

Anyway.

Kaylets, really, thank you for not only pulling the different points out of the deep morass of my rant about FlyLady, but for answering them point-by-point as well. Dang, girl, you have one **** of an organized mind. Anyone who can understand me better than me...whew.

Anagram, I don't want to be too abrasive here, but whoever that "friend" was who cut off contact with you, they must have been out of their mind. Remember, my dear, I've been conversing with you for nearly a year now , and most of the rest of us have known you for a lot longer. You're SO worth knowing - I'd grieve for a long time if I lost contact with you. As someone who has both been dumped and who HAS dumped (kindly - just let things drift apart) a destructive friendship, I know friend-dumping and you were done wrong . Hey, I could be wrong. You could be a demon- from ****, but if you are, you hide it really, really well.

Amarantha, my dear, you're going to have to get used to the fact that I, at least, and I suspect that this goes for the rest of us as well, like to hear what you have to say on every subject you've brought up in my memory. You may not always be very pink and fluffy (does this news hurt you? Thought not), but you're real and very, very good to be around. So. The Viscomtess has spoken. Never mind that she's only 28 1/2.

Frogger, Eydie, Punkin, et al: Luv ya.

I'm outta here. **pressing Alt-C right now before the gods take my post as a burnt offering**
Old 03-09-2004, 11:51 PM   #182  

Hurrah! Cerise has been allowed to "speak". I don't normally use "nebby" but here it fit as I understand it. It's a word I picked up from my SIL and she uses it as "nosy".

Ok, it was more a "drifting apart" than a precipitous "dump" but it was pretty one sided. I had noted things changing over a long period of time but resisted the obvious until it was no longer (in pride) possible. I too have let people go in my lifetime and had once even told this person that I had and my life had not been worse because of it. So there you have it, I even laid out the blueprint. I still think she's a person worth knowing and has a lot to offer and we had had some good time - I think I had known her about twenty years at our last outing. Knew most of her skeletons and she mine.

Funny thing - last week I ran across another person who had sort of let us drift away and it was like we were the closest of friends still. Never knew what happened there either. It was more a couples friendship and I think it was more the guys who made it work and then not work. But the last few times we've seen either of them, it was like we were the most fabulous people they know. (Well, maybe we really are that - but for a while we were definitely persona non grata.)

So I'm picturing a Household Diva happening in Seattle and having a vision of Ramon being awed by a Goddess in Heels leaving her sparkling touch everywhere as she happily belts out her favorite tunes.

Hmm, maybe that just means I'm groggy and should go to bed. Shall.

Dh just came in and reported he heard on the news about a woman trying to pass a one million dollar bill in our local Wal-Mart. People are so much fun.

Last edited by anagram; 03-10-2004 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:08 AM   #183  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Yowza, such nice meaty discussions here of late.

Yo, Anagramatic, but there's a difference between nice polite people like thyownself and evil reporters like moi ... you see, we DO want to overhear everything and know everybody's business! In future I shall think of myself as Cerise describes it, a watcher ... I like that ... but the truth is most people don't see journalists Buddhalike ... in reality, guys, the world in general dislikes reporters ... this has been expressed enough to me over the years that I believe it to be true, but I digress ...

Anagram, I like thy idea of a ceremonial "dumping" of ex-friends who dumped us first, as in my case, or a drifting apart as in thine! Thanks for sharing thy story, perhaps having longtime close friends suddenly not be is more common than I was feeling ... and if thou could find me a new royal cleaning person, I'd be thrilled because housecleaning is just not my thing at all!

Cerise, I spell the word "nibby" ... I think it means nibbing in where one doesn't belong. I haven't a clue where the word comes from, though.

Dost thou not think I'm pink and fluffy?

Hmmm. My computer keeps telling me there's a connection failure and if I lose this post I will scream, so I'd better sign off.

We have not heard from Punkin this week, unless I missed it! This situation cannot be allowed to continue! Punkin? Be thou ok? Inquiring minds ...

Eydie, here's hoping thou doeth not have snow! We were at 94 again today but it'll be dropping to the 80s for the rest of the week they saith. Actually, I hope so as it's early for the 90s and the yellow poppies don't like it.

Re saurkraut in any format, but especially with Crisco ... words fail me!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:49 AM   #184  

Hello all!

Here we go Wednesday, here we go!
1st hour this am not very cheerful but persistence prevails...

Anagram-- as I type our news is reporting same story.... can you imagine??
They say the customer had 3 of them!

Cerise-- Actually, its good to know there are women who are aware that many of the women's rights that are commonplace today are less than 40 yrs old. I was speaking to one young lady who was shocked to hear an older lady talk about her mom being turned down for credit after her husband passed although the mother was listed on the mortgage....
I do think the pendulum swung too far into " you are wasting yourself if not advancing your career ".... Although we are now used to men staying home w/ the kids, I still meet and read of so many women embarrassed to say " I work at home"....
Somehow, the $$$ over rode Choice and things turned on their heads....

So many children are being home schooled today it only stands to reason that someone is staying home to do it....

Anyway!

Thought of the day :
"Time deals gently only with those who take it gently."
--Anatole France'

Question of the day :

"What is the biggest status symbol to you friends right now?"
--Table Topics from the Pampered Chef

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:24 AM   #185  

Snowing here as I type - not supposed to stick but coming down pretty heavily at the moment. Mayhap our "onion snow" - any other areas have that quaint saying?

Kaylets, dh did say she had more similar bills in her purse. I guess if you go to the trouble to print up one, may as well do three or so in case the first flies.

Only SOMETIMES not pink and fluffy, Empress. I see you more as earth tones and "salt of the earth". Would not care to be pink and fluffy myself.

I think I'm a sometimes polite person (well, most times) but you wouldn't have thought so yesterday when I ran into a waitress from ****. Long story, newcomer, etc. and I could be patient with most of the many things that happened. But when I pointed out that the table needed to be wiped and she brought back a cloth and proceeded to do one small corner, I grabbed the cloth and did it myself. Not necessarily kindly. The whole episode was a downer because it was a The Special Place I've mentioned before that we like to travel to when up in mountains because it usually is so "perfect" and yesterday the list of transgressions was so long.........However, I felt at her age (not old but not a kid either) that if she was working at that job, she needed it and I didn't want to discourage her. By the time I get back there, she'll be either up to speed or gone so I'll put that experience over in the pile with the friends who don't love me any more and add it to the ceremonial bonfire.

I do think there's a lot of change in friendships throughout the course of a life, some a lot more painful than others. I have some that go back many, many years though we're not necessarily an everyday item any more. It sometimes takes me a while to realize what good friends some of the newer ones have become. (Not true with present royalty though.)

Best get going - have the dreaded appt with gyn this afternoon and one with internist tomorrow. Then one with dh's nephrologist on Friday. I make note that I always dress with more care when going to see her nephrologist) - wonder what that says about me? I think I do it because I know she notices - it's so obvious even dh has commented on it and he doesn't usually notice things like that. Now for today, it won't really matter because it all comes off anyway.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:03 PM   #186  
deleted2

Oh my friends, we are connected indeed! I can't tell you how much soul-searching I've been doing over the friendship I had to end. It's been over a year now and I haven't seen her at all, but it still feels so fresh. I have to ask, when does it stop feeling like it just happened? I'm reading a book called 'When Friendship Hurts' and it dredging up alot of feelings for me. {Oh goody... } It's inevitable that we'll run into each other at some point--may be tomorrow, it may be 20 years from now. But the suspense is killing me---what will we do? Will we talk to each other, or will we look the other way? Either prospect is painful.
Sometimes I think about how it would be if I contacted her, and then my faithful body responds with a big shudder. My mind may trick me, but never my body!
I'm seeing that this is a universal experience for us all. I feel sad, I feel angry, I feel used, I feel stupid, but I gave it my all and after 24 years I couldn't give anymore.

Here's my thing: Because of this experience, I'm pretty terrified of deepening any existing friendships, and I really want friends. It's quite a predicament. Crap. I know it's time to get out of my comfort zone and do something out of the ordinary. Again...goody.

I could go on and on, and probably will later! Hey, here's a thought: maybe we could do our letting go ceremony together? Who doesn't enjoy a good cackle over a smoking cauldron? Who's with me?

Old 03-10-2004, 06:19 PM   #187  
caffeine free!

Hi,
Just doign a quick check in. It has been so busy and hectic at work. I had to go to court today and haev to go again next week, in a county that is about 1 1/2 hours away. But things are good. I will check in again soon and read up on how everyone is doing.

cheers.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:49 PM   #188  

Hello all!

Weather turned colder and windier. DH and I watched on dvd AI -- spent two nights watching... not what I expected... am glad we borrowed it from the library rather than renting...

Lots of little issues lately... soon as 2 are resolved, 4 take their place...
DH's computer Photoshop Program appears corrupted or its a ram issue ...
oh great...Figures what I'd like to get up on Ebay doesnt have a picture stored in our files yet....

Just one of those weeks I guess...

Well, it could be worse... if I'm lucky, I'll be able to grab some photos elsewhere to "borrow" ...at least the computer is still operational at this point..

Been trying to create some distance from my Monday night WW's meeting...
The room was very warm and an entire section was treated to a noisy air vent... The leader was eating something the first 10 minutes of her presentation.... She made a WW smoothie to demonstrate how easy they were to make and then drank it last week, telling us it was her supper and that she couldnt share as WW's is not a restaraunt (??). I suspect, she was only chewing cough drops this week but when you are running a 6:30 pm meeting and you keep mentioning how you know no one has had their dinner as they wanted a lighter weigh in.... chewing 2 weeks in a row in front of us is really unappreciated in my book...
Did I mention there are some kids in my class?? I don't think she needs to talk baby talk but she kept using analogies of cancelled tv shows, old commercials and etc that these kids have never seen... also tried to use the example of how a stool needs three legs to stand and that changing a habit requires 3 things...
Well, she drew a stool on a dirty white board ... asked us if we could see what she was doing ( she was using purple on top of purple smudge),... I called out "No" pretty loudly and she just kept going.... Did try to wipe some of the smudge with the gardening gloves she was wearing ... actually said "hee , hee, look at my gloves"... that was her other example... that if you don't get a weed/habit by its roots, its just comes back... she did have a little trowel and the gloves on but then.... got down on her knees to "demonstrate" on how deep you have to go....
Most of us couldnt see her at that point...
Do you think any of these kids have done much weeding???

Frankly, if I didnt already know the program, I'd not be continuing....
She claims she's been doing this 11 years yet stops dead in the middle of a sentence because she can't think what to say next... Repeats herself 4-5 times in a row ...for instance.. "Lets talk about this weeks topic... lets tallk about this weeks topic"...

OK... I know what you are thinking... I am an unfair critic... Honestly, I tried giving the benefit of the doubt... BUT
she knows kids are in her class...Why couldnt she bring in a tricycle or a real stool ...a real visual...
She knows she's eating in front of us...( Not my problem that she just finished another class...I just got out of work and I'm waiting till I get home ..)
She knows the vents are noisy, she told someone speaking in the back to speak louder so the rest of us could hear ....
Why not have the WI area back there so it doesnt matter if the vents are noisy?

Ok... enough ...
Maybe it was just a bad couple weeks for the leader..
Maybe it was me..

But.. a dirty white board? come on... the meeting is in a big motel, they have cleaners there...
and the board was hung in a dark corner too...
AND PURPLE ???

and then.... she decided that she'd give us a "bonus" and explain how the
"replacing a habit" lesson was really better explained when she taught the "Smart program" and she proceeded to write that out on the dirty board too... Most folks had no idea what or when WW's taught the Smart Program
....ESPECIALLY THE KIDS!

Usually I am willing to belive there is another side of the story but honestly, by time I got home Monday, I was shrieking... DH says I am not to go back if I am going to come home so upset everytime...

So...

Thanks for letting me vent...
And yes, I am seriously considering approaching the leader... especially about the room layout....
And the eating...

somebody say "goodnight Kaye"

GOODNIGHT KAYE
Old 03-11-2004, 12:46 AM   #189  
Empress/Queen

YO! Glad that everyone's sharing some "people" experiences that didn't go well ... although sorry they are having the experiences.

Anagram, I so related to the waitress thing ... I get upset over things like that, too, although it depends on the attitude of the person giving the poor service ... I don't mind total ineptitude but I hate being written off or ignored. Sorry that happened at thy special place.

Eydie, yea, I feel that way about not wanting to deepen any friendships because of the sudden attack (I see it as an attack) by a "friend" of many years' standing ... seems like it's better just not to go there anymore and I do unfortunately have this feeling that no one can ever like me as a friend anymore ... and if they do, there must be something wrong with them (present royalty excepted)!!!!

Zadie, I really envy thee going to court ... I love covering courts but in my job it seldom comes up anymore (they can't afford to let me take the time to do it).

Kaylets, thy WW leader really does sound rude ... especially the eating in front of thee part ... hello! Maybe dh is right ... it's not worth going if you don't feel comfortable ... is she a WW employee or a volunteer? I don't know how that works ... in Arizona, WW is a totally separate franchise and all the people there are employees ... I can't stand them (sorry, WW) ...

Missing a number of royals ... does this group seem to be shrinking? Let's not let that happen ... COME ON OUT s AND RALLY ROUND THE PALACE!!!!

Wood Nymph, I'm hoping things are better ... let us know how you are if you're reading this!

Seattlejo, where did thou go?

Dollar?

Wsw?

Ceara?

Also hi to Punkin, Cerise, Wildfire!!!

Wsw, art thou in thy new digs?

Frogger, how goeth it!?

To anybody I've not mentioned, it's only because I'm braindead and rapidly declining and things escape out of my head on a regular basis, also I need to go to sleep now!

Let's get everybody back in here and posting on a regular basis because the towel boys are really getting restless!!! Yowza![/color]
Old 03-11-2004, 06:40 AM   #190  

Hello all!

Looks like the rain has passed here...

Wish it would stay a little warmer!I need to have a yard sale!
Today's thought is :
" A little praise, goes a long ways"
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Question of the day :

"If you could have only one of the
following:
Either good looks or great personality, which would you choose?"
-- Table Topics from the Pampered Chef

Strangely uneasy this am... perhaps too much caffeine the past couple days...
just that sense of waiting for the other shoe to fall is the only way I can describe..

Think I'll ask for good energy to be sent my way... feels like I need a booster shot of positivity ( is that even a word?).

I'll check in during the day if I get a chance...

KETTLE IS ON
Old 03-11-2004, 08:09 AM   #191  

Here it comes, Kaylets - brace yourself - OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Hope that will hold you for a while. Hope the strange feeling is not a hangover from WW. But sometimes when I'm particlarly irritated by someone/thing, I feel a little down from it later, partly because I don't think I should let those things hang around. Feeling sort of positive here except plumber is supposed to come and another dr. appt = bleah.

QOD - well, since I have both ........

I can tolerate a lot, I think, Empress and really wasn't even too upset by the 15 minute wait for "someone" to clear the table and give us menus. And, at that, another waitress cleared but she didn't wipe. And the sloppy half hearted attempt moved me to action. I see no reason I should sit and eat from a table that hasn't at least been cursorily cleaned fromthe past user. At that, I think I maintained a lot of tolerance through a whole continued series of "oops" moments. Cream of crab soup instead of cream of broccoli (I know, ignore calorie count) - I like both so insisted on keeping it. An order that somehow got misplaced. A messup on dhs food, etc. And it really is named The Special Place. I considered talking to manager but did not because of the "first day" sort of apology from the waitress who cleared. I will go back when we're in the area and hope for their usual sparkling service and food.

I've been thinking too that our court has been shrinking. (Thought maybe my return ran off a few royals.) I think sometimes life just gets so fast moving as for wsw right now. And Wood Nymph and Wildfire and Punkin and Ceara and certainly Frogger and Zadie. Group hugs to all. Pop is as soon as you can. Only the Empress' strong influence is keeping the towel boys from anarchy.

More tea needed and then must hustle off to be beautiful in case the plumber actually shows upwhen he said he would.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:27 PM   #192  
Spreadin' the luv.

Angry Viscountess checking in - here to subdue a few towel boys.

Good morning, lovelies!

We've now had two sparkling days here in Seattle. Sometimes I think Northwesterners whine and cry about the rain and clouds because they know that if they revealed how beautiful the weather is so much of the time, everybody would flock here in droves. Anyway, I walked 2nd Ave. instead of 3rd this morning on the way to work and was richly rewarded. There are two places - the Garden of Remembrance (a stone/flower/tree/fountain-type place that's in remembrance of Northwesterners that died in various wars) and another business building that seems to have a bent towards gladdening our eyes - where the cherry and redbud trees are in full bloom right now. There were some smaller trees, too, with these lovely, spiky cream-colored flowers that I couldn't identify, but just then two ladies walked by gazing at the flowers and I heard one of them say "Star Magnolia". Coincidence? Naaah. I went up and sniffed one (very uncool in downtown Seattle) and my nose confirmed it. I walked by those two places in a dream, thinking that this was the first time these flowers and little new leaves had ever lived. In my mind, I murmured "Welcome, welcome" to them and went on with a light heart. God, I'm loopy.

Kaylets, your WW leader sounds like a nightmare. I don't think you're being too critical at all. Can't WW at least pick competent speakers to be leaders? I don't think that the fact that you lost a bunch of weight should be the sole criterium for being a leader. I'm sorry, my dear. If you have the guts to approach her - do it. Knowing me, I'd ditch the class altogether. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that your funny mood today is owing to the reprehensible behavior of your "leader". Sending you a vision of my cherry trees...and I just found "positivity" on webster.com. According to those learned folks, it is indeed a word.

Anagram, Ramon and I have some restaurants like this - where, if the service or food quality slipped, we'd feel pretty crushed. I think it's lovely of you to understand the server's "first day" jitters were probably just that. In my opinion, being a server is one of the most stressful occupations out there, and the only way to counteract clumsiness and hesitancy and unintended neglect is just time, you know? Sometimes you have to bear with an incompetent server just because they haven't put in their time yet. Well, you could've gone all the way and asked that another server cover your table, and it would've been your right, absolutely. I think you were very forbearing. Sorry you have to go to the doctor today. Sending you oodles of dignity, just in case. Not that I have that much, come to think of it...

QOD: I'm with Anagram. I like my looks and have great fun with my personality - if I had to give one up, I think I'd give up my looks. I'd rather people like to talk and laugh with me than to just be decorative and not much else. Yuck.

Amarantha, I, too am glad that we're talking about real stuff from our hearts. It distresses me a bit to hear your beliefs about your ability to attract people that like you - makes me want to meet you really bad. Still, that belief and the fact that you share it is your choice, and part of you. Just like I feel free to share my experiences as an overweight person and don't hesitate to use the term "fat" when I'm talking about myself. It doesn't always go over that well with people, but it's my choice and I don't mean it in a negative or disrespectful way towards myself. I figure that since I've made the choice to be heavy, I get to use the word "fat" with impunity. So, anyway, my point is that I respect your choice to say that it's difficult to believe when a person genuinely likes you (and believe me, I understand); at the same time, I'm going to feel free to say that I've been through a lot with you in cyberspace (remember the Valkyrie?) and I like everything of you that I've seen so far. And, IMHO, pink and fluffy is not a good thing most of the time. Don't be TOO mad that I don't put you in that category. I see you in sepia, burnt sienna, taupe and that lovely dark brown that the desert takes on in the evening. OK? OK?

**this postie's getting long. If I lose it, I'll never survive the shock**

Kaylets, I rented AI with Ramon a while ago. He loves it. I'll say this about it - while I think it's a beautifully crafted movie and a great effort by everyone involved, it still left me feeling flat. I appreciate it. I didn't like it much.

Hello, Zadie, DARLING. Thanks for stopping by to let us know how things are going. Wish I could see you in court. What do you wear?

God, Eydie, we really ARE connected! I went through the same stuff when I separated myself from those two friends. Lots of this: "If I were really a friend of theirs, I would stick to them through thick and thin, no matter what, not dumping them like trash", "I'm wishy-washy, flaking out on someone who depended on me for emotional sustenance", etc. Finally, I said to myself, "Look. It is what it is. You don't feel connected enough to this person to want to stick to them. You don't want to overlook their foibles for love of them because the love's just not there ." For better or worse, the reality of those statements helped me a lot. Right or wrong, it helped me to let go. Friendships end. Whatever the reasons, that's the reality. It doesn't make us bad people. I did meet up with both those people later. Though we were congenial and even took a little pleasure in catching up, it was awkward as ***. The fact that Ramon and I have moved helps a lot.

The thing is, I have - and I'll bet you do, too - friends who I'm committed to, that I literally would stick to no matter what. If they need me, really, I'm there. And they're not at all perfect to be around all or even most of the time. Nor am I. I'm not as selfish as I think. Letting go of friendships helped me compartmentalize more easily. I have hang-out buds, who may or may not deepen into lifelong, thick-and-thin friends. When they deepen into lifelong friends, I feel it. Those kind aren't many, that's for sure. Maybe I have 6 or 7. But they're wonderful, and it's wonderful for me to remember that I'd do anything for them.

I hear you, too, on being skittish about letting surface friendships deepen. It's so bloody hard, especially since I'm so very open, and speak from the heart almost immediately with just about anyone. It's especially tough right now, since I'm new in the city and a bit lonely. No friends here yet. Just you guys. How pitiful do I sound right now? You're such a wonderful person, Eydie (that goes for the rest of you, too!) that I'll bet you have to all but take applications, to select "real" friends from the hoardes who'd like to be considered... I believe the Universe or God or whoever supplies friends, so I'm concentrating on looking forward to meeting them. For now I'd just like a nice group to go have a pint with.

All right, ladies. Since this is a weight-loss site I guess I should 'fess up and reveal what's going on in my fitness and diet life. Fitness: not much. Trying to get off my *** at night and do the damned bellydancing DVDs is difficult, however much I like them. Diet: even worse. I think I'm going to totally abandon WW. Again. I'm sorry, I know this bucks the advice of many of you and the greater world of weight loss everywhere, but I Hate. To. Journal. Writing down every...single...thing I eat flies in the face of everything I believe about health and well-being and nourishment and enjoyment of food. It's the equivalent, to me, of a poor old person in a sanitarium whose bowel movements get recorded on a damned clipboard. Sorry for the vivid, um, comparison there. Blame that movie "Chocolat". Armande says it and I haven't been able to shake it. Anyway. Since I know that by refusing to journal I'm giving up a major, major source of control and regulation on my food intake, I'm researching frantically to see what other methods I can implement that will help me make good food choices without dehumanizing the act of eating for me. I'm sorry for the drama, but for me, that's what journalling does to me.

I apologize for the complaining, but I know you guys understand...

Love and kissies, and hugs to the ones I didn't mention,

Last edited by Cerise; 03-11-2004 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #193  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ok -- save a towel boy for me ! I've been lurking, and have managed to catch up on posts. Of course, I was waiting until I felt like I had time to post properly, but that is going to have to wait just a bit longer.

Things are settling a bit now. My son is much better and is actually starting to think about looking for work and I found myself feeling happy yesterday for the first time in a long while. I met a friend for breakfast the other day, have been getting to tai chi, and went to my writer's group last night. Life begins again, and with that, a return to all you brightest and best of women.

I think I'm going to try to pop in with brief posties instead of waiting for time to do a big one.

Funny you should mention WW, Empress! I decided to rejoin a week ago Monday. I'm not crazy about them either, but that weekly WI is very motivating! I had regained the six pounds I lost a while ago, but then lost 3 the first week. I'm just going to stick to this until I get there this time

Kaylets, was it you who posted the "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle" quotation? I loved that, and have thought about it and used it a lot since. Thank you!

Anagram, hmmmm... what does your plumber look like, that you must be beautiful for him?

Love to all, I'll pop in again soon!
Old 03-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #194  
Spreadin' the luv.

Hello, delightful Arabella!!!!

So good to read you again! I'm glad your son's levelling out a bit, and your sense of well-being, too.

I want to meet Anagram's plumber, too. Hee, hee!
Old 03-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #195  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Well, then, here I am again! Bet you didn't have time to miss me.

Kaylets, I know that feeling you're talking about! We were living in Newfoundland, and I was very agitated all one weekend, to the point that I talked to my husband about it and he asked me what it felt like. The best I could explain it was that it was like "waiting for the axe to fall." Which is, you must admit, worse than a shoe. So... on Monday, my husband found out that they'd dropped the 1st year university program from the college system and there went his job. We'd sold our Victorian-ish house here, bought a house there and moved 10 months previously, on the assurance that the job was very secure. Anyway, the premonition was very uncomfortable, but what happened turned out to be not a bad thing in the long run (although it may have cost us a lot of money, I guess).

Cerise, yes you are, Sweetie. Loopy, and delightfully so! I read your story about smelling the blossoms, etc. and felt like putting hand to heart to pledge fellowship (or whatever the female equivalent is -- maybe just kinship?) Thanks for sharing these snippets of your life.

Wildfire, congrats on that job! Fantastic, and you so richly deserve it!

Frogger, so glad your out of that stupid job, not to mention the horrendous commute! Love to you & tadpole!

WSW, I'm so enjoying hearing about your new place. I think it's going to be a wonderful home for you.
Closed Thread