Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:20 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Chit Chat #28

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Angie
Old 02-09-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Happy Monday Morning, Ladies,

Thanks for the congrats, everyone!I worked really hard to get that loss!

Marti - thanks for the Mr. Clean info. Be sure and check your tire - we don't want you having an accident. I bought a circle cutter and used a piece of glass from an unused picture frame. But to tell you the truth, I often just use a glass turned upside down, and trace around it. A juice glass for a small circle, a beverage glass for a bigger one.

Kayecee - glad the troops are better! Hope you don't come down with anything.

Shanna - yeah, ya gotta be patient when losing weight. I have so much go lose, and if I start thinking about the total amount, I can get sort of depressed, so I try to think of it in 10 pounds at a time. Much easier!

Susan - glad you work so close to home. Turkey sounds good - bring some on that on over to my house, okay??

Angie - layin' around, eatin' bon-bons, huh??? I have to say again how happy I am that you no longer work at that place! They didn't deserve you. About karaoke - Neal and I went once and I was a little tipsy, well, we started singing "What a Difference You've Made in My Life" by Ronnie Milsap, and although Neal can sing, I can't carry a tune in a bucket. So about half way through, they turned on the version with lots of backup singers, and I thought it was ME doing so good!!! But we had fun, anyway.

Cristi & Katie - hi, where are you?

I haven't seen my grandkids since FRIDAY and I am having withdrawal. It is so icy between my house and Mary's but Dale is off today, so I'm going to see if he will bring them over on the sled. He is much more sure-footed than I am.

Remember us talking about salmon recently? Well, I had my first ever salmon steak at Applebee's in Indy. Then I bought some at trhe grocery store to cook here at home, later this week, with a honey-teriaki sauce to grill them. I have to say I am feeling really, really energized with all the healthy foods I've been eating.

Better go,
Old 02-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #3  
Give me strength

Jana
I am so happy for you! There are so many great healthy meals out there. It a matter of just doing it...and sounds like you are!

Today is another beautiful day. I did sleep in again...egads hope this doesn't become a habit. I slept till 9 am. Anyways Im going to do some errands for Monte's business the same stuff I used to do. I would like to paint Tanners room, tomorrow. Rearange it to fit everything in there better. Skippy is still hanging in there...it makes me so sad...little guy is pretty old. Yes I know its hampster...and I wouldn't touch it,,,but still its a little soul in there.
As for a straight edge when doing your scrap booking...why not use old glass pieces from picture frames...small picture frames that is.
Well Im off to do something...lol
Angie
Old 02-09-2004, 11:46 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

For the scrapbookers... I added a scrapbook link to my albums.,... go to Jaded Photos for the link...
Old 02-09-2004, 03:00 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

I'm here, I'm here. Just got a bit lazy yesterday. I guess I thought if I took it easy for a couple of days I would be gung ho about the packing, not happenin'. Of course it just sunk in this morning that we will be moving next weekend! EGADS!!! I definitely need to kick it in high gear and get moving. We are supposed to close on the 20th but they are aiming for the 17th, which would be good. We would like to spend a few days doing some painting before moving anything in so we don't have to move stuff and cover it later on. The house doesn't need to be painted but I want some color. I am going to take before and after pictures and will share with you all.

Jana~WTG on your 2 1/2 lb. loss! I didn't get to start this morning since I woke up late and was out the door as soon as I got ready. Tomorrow I will for sure. I have eaten good so far today even though I didn't follow the FT, and I may do it for dinner. I did weigh in this morning though and I was down 2 lbs. from last week. DH and I went to a Home (improvement) Show saturday morning. We did get a few ideas of things we would like to do to the house, sometime down the road. Like a garden window in the kitchen, an awning for the deck, wall shelves for the garage, etc. but it wasn't what I expected and I was somewhat disappointed. They made it out to be something REALLY BIG, and it wasn't. But I am glad I went. In March they are going to have a Flower/Garden Show I would liek to see.

Marti~I haven't done much packing since Thursday of last week. About the scrapbooking, I haven't done many circles. I don't think I have done any as a matter of fact. But I just bought the circle cut-outs, and templates, saves time & paper. I am all for convenience. I also have a package of fancy papers that they basically took one sheet and cut in half so when you take the 1/2 and cut it in 1/2 you already have a background, kind of like a mat. I also have frames already cut out, so I hardly cut much.

Angie~glad you are enjoying your free time.

Kayecee~glad to hear everyone is feeling better. Hope you don't catch the bug. How are you liking your new mini-van now that you have had it a while?

Hi Shanna, Katie & Susan, hope I didn't miss anyone.

Well, ladies I need to get off this thing because I NEED to get laundry done and packing. LOT'S & LOT'S of packing done this week. I will try to check in later.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:48 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies--

Well my first page is almost done and the second one is in the works!! I am having so much fun with this!! Wish I had started much sooner!!

Jana--I did use frames from some small photos, and I used a coaster for my circles! I even thought of all those AOL CD's we get in the mail, how they would be perfect for some!! I also looked at your scrapbook photos and I love it! They look so nice!! I plan on taking a photo later today to show you what I have done so far. Give you an idea how I'm doing. Another 2 1/2 lbs.!!! WTG!! I know I said congrats before, but I had to say it again!!

Cristi--Hurray that you're moving in soon!! I wish I could help you move...but know that I will be thinking of you...it's a pain after so much packing is done and you just don't want to do it anymore!! Also----Congrats on 2lbs. down!!! You ladies are just rockin on the weight loss!! I'm so proud of you. I'm determined to have my numbers go down by next month.....keeping my fingers crossed.

Susan--You ARE beautiful!! I finally couldn't stand it and went to the school library to see if I would be able to see your picture and by golly I did!!!

Angie-- Nothing wrong with getting used to sleeping in. My goodness girl you totally deserve it! And you may eventually be able to heal from being sick all the time!! Thank you for the tips for making straight edges...who would have thought to use a ruler??

Kayecee-- How are you doing? I hope you're not down with strep. Make sure you're getting in all your liquids in to keep you hydrated whether your sick or not!!!

Katie--I so appreciated the e-mail with all the tips for scrapbooking. Heck ladies, I may just quit going to school and make this my full time job!! I am going to have to rearrange the way I want to format my scrapbook now...kind of give it a theme. Right now I have piles of James, Jhanai, me, the dogs, and then the three of us. (me, James & Jhanai) But they are of all different dates and I need to make this more formatted.

Shanna--I'm looking forward to meeting up with you tomorrow to compare our scrapbook art!! It will be fun. We should find a place quiet enough to spread out and do some work!! Don't they have a scrapbook class available at school? If so, we should check into that!!!

Ok ladies...I finally got into this scrapbooking that I'm getting off of here for now to do some more. I plan on later going to wal-mart to get a pen and some more "stuff"!! Oh I'm going to go broke with this!!

I'll check in later
Marti
Old 02-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #7  
Give me strength

Cristi
Word of advice,,,paint all the high traffic areas...because when you get a new house...dry wall has usually only one coat of primer and then one coat of paint. and it gets all sucked in and easy to damage.
Paint paint paint. I learned the hard way with our first house,,,this time around things were easier.

Angie
Old 02-09-2004, 08:48 PM   #8  
Give me strength

I am shaking right now...so excited! I got a call just before 6 tonight,,from a woman who was looking for her birth father. I had looked for him last year, in the spring and came up empty handed. Anyways out of the blue she calls again and asks me to look for this guy... within 40 minutes I have the number to her birth fathers home. Is that not wild? The best part was calling her to tell her to get a pen,,,cause I had his number. She was shocked. So was I,,,considering I stopped to eat some pizza before starting me search.
Ok Im going to go and do something....lol
Angie
Old 02-09-2004, 11:17 PM   #9  

Angie--That is soooo cool!! I think that the feeling you get when you find someone is just incredible! It's great that you found the number!! Was this woman adopted or just lost contact over the years?

Being on both ends,(lost contact with my mom for over 20yrs, then having adopted out a son) I think things like that are just amazing!! I'm glad it gave you a good feeling!

Well, I have three pages done in my scrapbook. And I took pictures only to find that they are ~~blurry~~!! So I'm going to try it again or go nuts trying. I would like your opinions! (IF I can get a nonblurry photo!!)

So off I go to take a photo.

BBL

Marti
Old 02-09-2004, 11:25 PM   #10  
Give me strength

Marti
This woman (denise) was adopted,,,she found her birth mom almost 3 years ago. Last year she asked her mom for her birth dads info and well it didn't go very well. Her mom freaked and they didnt' talk for months. I saw her ad and things just clicked for us but I couldn't find him then,,,then tonight she called with another clue her birth mom gave her and WAM took me all of 20 minutes really to find him and his number. I am waiting pretty impatiently for her to call me and let me know how its going. Shes getting another person to call for her cause she is so emotional over the whole thing.

Well Im going back to my book...lol
BTW I went to the library today to find a book on soap making,,,found one but the lineups were too long...plus I had to use the washroom. My plan tomorrow is go back get it and check out Micheals for paint and a frame.
ttfn
Angie
Old 02-09-2004, 11:35 PM   #11  

Wow--

I can totally feel the excitement!! When my sister found our mom, I was real nervous and excited at the same time, but when we finally went to the airport to meet her, all that went away....just a real calm came over me!! Keep us updated on how it went for her!!

I believe I will be visiting Michaels again sometime soon. They have the "bucket" (contains 10 )of scissors or punches for $9.99!! I was trying to think which one I would want more.....I think the punches!! This scrapbooking is fun. I hope I get better as time goes on but I think my first pages are pretty good!

I'm reposting the site again.....let me know what you all think.

Marti
Old 02-09-2004, 11:48 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Evening,

You ladies sound so neat with your scrapbooking and soap making!! I am sitting here almost close to tears.I don't do anything like that.
Though scrapbooking is an interest, just love watching all those arts and crafts shows.

Anyway, I DID manage to clock the distance between me and the zoo....lol.
Um, 3 miles. Two of those miles are wooded and it makes me leary of walking up there. I was thinking of making that my walk but now am thinking again.It would be a beautiful walk though.

Did anyone watch Dr.Phil today? I only watched the first story of the 611 pound lady.

I weighed in at 159 this morning! Happy about that and I made some Black Eyed Pea soup.I don't really like black eyed peas but it was the only thing I had in the house.It came out really good and I am sure full of protein??? Geex, I hope so. I am not much of a cook . I threw in the beans,& veggies,and stewed tomatoes,and a pork hock....
It came out edible.I am eating it, no one else is though.

Gabrielle my 2 year old humors me though and picks at the black eye peas.She probably things they are eyeballs or something.

What are you studying Marti?Thanks. I must say again though about that picture. It was taken 3 years ago!!! I did send you some updated ones,color copied and all. I am 24 pounds heavier now.....lol

Cristi, hope you have lots of help in your move this weekend?

Oh geez, I am going to forget someone. I am sorry.

I did have a great day though. Drank tons of water and walked with Gabrielle, she strolls though.
Rebecca my 11 year old gets her braces on tomorrow!
All in all a very sunny day here.

I just wanted to say hello, hope you all are having a great night!!

Susan
Old 02-10-2004, 02:26 AM   #13  

Hello again ladies--

(Wonder if I EVER sleep??)

I've been fine tuning the "dogs" page in the scrapbook. I added more than what is in the photo I posted. I can't even begin to imagine all the work some of these ladies in the magazine I have, take to make their scrapbook pages look so nice!! I mean, they really get elaborate with the detail!! Someday ladies....I will be in a magazine!!

Angie--Soap making looks fun to me, even though I haven't actually tried it myself. But watching James get all fancy is fun! He is wanting to make more with "things" in them. He's already made an oatmeal soap. I believe he is wanting to make some with sea salt or some kind of exfoliating stuff. The man is fun to be with!!
Oh BTW...I would like to see a picture of your sons blue hair!! Also...what color is yours right now?? Did you ever get the Orange and Purple????

Susan--I'm looking forward to getting your pictures! How tall are you? Just curious. I want to get down to 135lbs. or less. And I remember you mentioning that you thought 135lbs. was too small. Boy let me tell you I wish I could say I was too small!!

Ok...I'm suffering from a headache and I have no idea if I will be able to sleep, but I'm going to attempt it anyway.

You all take care!

Marti
Old 02-10-2004, 03:03 AM   #14  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Marti.

I am 5'4, I guess. I am 135 in the picture you have seen. I was able to wear a 4/6 for a short period of time but not long.
I think that weight (135) was too thin. I sent you a 150 picture that was taken last summer , and think (and feel) that is a healthy weight for me. I can wear size 8 easy.
Though I would like to aim for 145/150, so I have a 5 pound lee way......so I can eat elephant ears and such........lol

I can't sleep either. I think there is a full moon, tenants here are acting weird. I have a 175 unit complex.I live in a 3 story and have the 12 story across from me.....anyway, the people are weird tonight.Had the police here and everything........

Rachel- my 12 year is taller than me now. She is a sweet girl and loves sports, I think she is 5'5.

I think making candles would be a fun thing. Quilt making and such also sounds fun.Just seems it cost a lot for supplies and that kind of keeps me from doing it.

OK.........will TRY and go to sleep.

Susan
Old 02-10-2004, 03:10 AM   #15  
kitty Momo

Marti,

I was meaning to say that maybe increasing the exercise would help you budge from that 150 mark??
It is just a thought. I know how frustrating it is to stall for a long time.

or maybe increase the water intake? or maybe don't eat as much.......anyway, one of those should work.........lol

What a goof......lol

I swear I couldn't budge from 150 last summer, thinking that is why I started to go back up, ............so pissed off.Anyway, I showed them.....went and gained 15 pounds....lol

Ok..........goofy tired.

It is morning! Rise and Shine
Closed Thread