Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 04:39 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #53

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #53

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Face and Body Friday We need to take care of our bodies with facials, pedicures, whatever
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:49 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: today is Time For Us Thursday. Do something nice just for you today!

WRAPUP POINTS:

Lisa
Sandy G

Lisa: Wow that is terrific about your inches lost and the TaeBo, which I know is a hard tape to do.

Sandy: Nothing like good old fashioned housework to get the ole juices pumping. I don't think people realize what a good workout cleaning house can be.

Judy: Actually, what the hospital/school wanted you to do was illegal for them. They have no right to that information for any reason and shouldn't have asked. Unfortunately, most parents think it is silly to get your feathers ruffled about stuff and just go with the flow and ultimately it is the kids that suffer because they are too lazy to do what they know is the right thing to do. I am proud of you taking a stand.

Man it is really raining here and of course I am really hurting this morning (the reason I am up so early). I am going to the gym today even if I can only do 10 minutes at the slowest speed. I also have to fix myself proper food instead of eating what is quickest and also of course not the best for me to eat. I knew we had to be having a weather change for me to hurt this bad. Funny, all this arthritis pain started for the most part AFTER I lost weight and took some of the stress off my joints. Ahhh, well, sucks to get old!

Talk with you later ladies.

Faye
Old 02-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #3  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Good morning everyone! Today's a busy day - laundry, grocery shopping, dealing with finances, etc. I probably won't have time to check in again later but I promise I will find a way to pamper myself somehow.

Judy - When it comes to your mom, at this point in time, it probably won't get better. The pattern is set and history is always hard to change. My mom and I live close and talk once a day, but if things do ever get stressful, remember "in one ear and out the other." That gets me through a lot sometimes!

Well, this lower carb/portion control thing just doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm beginning to wonder if I should start back on a low-fat/low-cal menu again. I did this several years ago and it really worked. I STILL haven't lost anything but inches, so now I am getting really irritated!

We are expecting a snow storm again starting later this afternoon or tonight. DH still hasn't plowed us out from the last one (thankfully we have 4WD). The tractor is at my parents - which is why its not done yet, but he's going to get to it today. I always look forward to when he plows and leaves big mountains of snow. DS6 is so much fun to watch when he plays on them.

Well, I better get going! Lots to do today! Hope everyone has a wonderful, successful, happy and warm day today!
Old 02-05-2004, 08:05 AM   #4  

Morning Ladies!

Judy, I'm so glad you "answered" that survey the way you did I was just thinking that a doctor could get in big trouble for giving out that kind of information (doctor/patient confidentiality)......

Anyway, I'm giving myself 2 points for yesterday. I got exercise from class and water, and I stayed op yesterday except that I was craving salt. I wanted a big bag of cheetos, but opted for a small bag of cheddar Quakes instead. Still a bag of carbs and salt. Gotta love TOM.

My knee started bothering me yesterday....lots of extra water and it's not moving right. I know it's from all the extra exercise. Just overdoing it a bit. So today I think I'll just lift some weights and rest the knee. Faye, I've noticed MORE aches and pains in my joints since I lost weight too. And a friend of mine said the same thing last week. I wonder why? Seriously, you're supposed to feel better when you take stress off the joints, aren't you? Maybe our brains just didn't register the pain.....like if I ignore the pain, it isn't really there.

Is anyone else finding huge emotional "stuff" coming out of nowhere during this journey??? I'm finding myself going through some weird stuff. It's like I peel off a layer of fat, and there's all this crap underneath I need to deal with. Then I peel off another layer and there's more crap (Onion! Parfait! ........anyone else like Shrek?)

Lisa, check your calories on that low carb thing. Just because you aren't eating bread and sugar doesn't mean that you aren't going way over your recommended calories. Meat and cheese is DENSE with calories. I'm doing low carbs, but eating tons of fresh fruit and veggies (minus the starchy ones....I miss potatoes!)

Well, I'm already late bringing the kids to school.....everyone have a great day!

Julie
Old 02-05-2004, 09:22 AM   #5  
I Can and I Will

Morning Beautifuls.... I agree with the survey... why do schools feel the need to get into private lives in educate our children. Questions such as was this a planned pregnancy and how old were u?? Did they ask if u had ever had an abortion?? If you were in love with the person u had sex with?? If it was a good experience?? LOL You getmy point... it would be different if it was my child asking the question... not the school or a hospital. So.. GOOD FOR U JUDY!!! you deserve a WTG!!
i went over on calories yesterday... had some beers... i gave them up for a while... but last night i didnt even care...lol they tasted so good...lol
Hey Lisa, where in WI are u?? I am in Eau Claire... and we are supposed to get more snow here as well... just wondering. Hope u all have a great day... I am going to get my toes done today... I am going on vacation this weekend...lol just me.... no hubby or kids... so i am treating myself to a pedicure...lol I love you all
remember to take care of u...
Sandy
Old 02-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #6  

REGARDING WHAT JULIE BROUGHT UP: I think that the WHYS of our weight gains finally catch up with us and instead of hiding them, we start dealing with them. I sure know I did a couple weeks ago. I can't say I have totally changed, but I sure do see things I didn't see before and one of those things is dealing with my dd differently than I did in the past. Instead of letting her beat me down with her comments, opinions and what not, I am truly letting them go realizing that is it SHE that has the problem and not I. I don't sit and fret over why is she mad at me now, why did she say such and such to me, why does she seem to keep my grandson away from me etc. I now accept the fact that her anger is her problem, that I did not cause it, I am just the person she can heap it on when she sees me or calls me. I quit trying to analyze why she says things and I come to the realization that I cannot force her to make my grandson more available to me so all I can do is enjoy the time I do get with him. It has stabalized me a lot. I am also really trying to work on the OCD stuff. I am trying to let things go and not freak out about every little mess, I do what I did yesterday, which was do my chores that I always do then just veg out instead of trying to find work to do that doesn't exist.

LADIES, KEEP SEARCHING YOUR INNER SELF AND WORKING OUT THE PROBLEMS THAT ARE THERE. YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID! DON'T LET THEM GET THE BETTER OF YOU AND REMEMBER, YOU ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD, BAR NONE!

I am still pretty sore, but I am going to the gym when Jack gets home. I need to go and want to go. I am going to back it down to 20 minutes today and then work back up again as I feel less achy. This is not your basic, I worked my muscle too hard, this is a deep in the bone ache that makes it hard to stand, walk, write, type etc. I am trying to keep somewhat active moving around this morning because sitting does make it worse when you do try to move around.

Everybody have a great day. Those of you with bad weather, take care and be careful. Take driving slow and easy and make sure you do what I always do, leave an out. In other words, stay far enough back so that if some one slams on their brakes you have a way to get to the shoulder and keep from hitting them or having your car be rearended!

Faye
Old 02-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Girls!

4 points for me yesterday.

I agree with what faye & Julie have said - The one thing I need to do is CHILL OUT!!. I have been worrying myself sick about stuff that I have no real control over, and it is literally making me ill. Sometimes we are all so hard on ourselves aren't we?. It's a very deep issue that has been touched on, but I'm afraid that I am a bit too tired at the moment!

Take care everyone!

Amanda xx
Old 02-05-2004, 08:23 PM   #8  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Just a fast check in! Kept very busy today and that really helped the snacking. I bought myself a bunch of SmartOnes today and will start incorporating more low fat items into my meals. I wasn't really doing "low-carb" per se....just cutting back on the breads/grains, etc. For some reason, that just wasn't working for me. But I know low fat has worked for me in the past, so I'll stick with what works!

Sandy - I'm near Waupaca....kinda nestled between there and Berlin. I originally am from Green Bay & the Fox Cities area. The snow is just starting. They're predicting anywhere from 6-10 inches by tomorrow. My DD is hoping for a snow day.

My words of wisdom for the day: I know its very easy to say this and harder to do, but when the troubles seem to creep up on your, worrying NEVER changes anything. I try to keep the mindset "Let Go and Let God."
Old 02-06-2004, 07:17 AM   #9  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Face and body day and lbs down check in. Do something good for your body today!

WRAPUP POINTS:

Julie
Amanda

lbs down so far this week Amanda has 3 down

One of the other threads I post on had a lady telling about her best friend's daughter who married just a few months ago, her and her dh just found out last week she is pregnant and yesterday he DIED of a massive stroke! He was 32. Her name is Tanya just lift her up in prayer for comfort right now. She just lost her grandma at Christmas.

With that being said, think of her today when you are grousing about your spouse or significant other and give him a BIG kiss!

Have a great day will check in later.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 02-06-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:40 AM   #10  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

I forgot to post my points last night - another 4 pointer. Schools are closed today - we had our largest snowstorm of the season last night and its still going. I waited up for DH to get home from work last night (actually until 1:30 a.m.), so I'm going to head back to bed and catch a bit more sleep. He'll have to get up and plow us out - again! LOL! More mountains for DS to climb!

Will be back later!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #11  

Morning Ladies,

Well, yesterday bit pretty hard on the exercise/food front. My knee is totally swollen from overuse (I don't recall any specific injury) and just walking is weird because now and then it wants to "slip" to the side. It is a little better this morning, but I'm wondering if that's because I just woke up. So, I taught a private class, but didn't move much. I ate more than I should have, but not too badly. So, just 1 point for water yesterday.

Today's plan is to exercise my upper body. If I can't walk on the treadmill or dance, I CAN lift weights. I've been planning to do that anyway. So, I can't just let this knee thing break my exercise routine. I'm getting so close to making it a habit I can live with forever!

I'm starting to slowly understand all these weird emotional things that keep coming up out of nowhere. I think that once I got pregnant, over ten years ago, I started to bury myself. I totally lost my own identity and became "supermom". Part of that transformation was gaining 100 pounds, totally changing my fashion style from "hip" to "frumpy", and allowing a shroud of depression to fall over me and my children. Inside it we were together and happy and safe.....but I completely lost myself, Julie was gone! Well, not gone, just buried under fat and remorse.

So, now as I am losing this weight, I keep finding parts of my old self along the way. That's why I've been hitting the martial arts stuff so hard lately. That's a part of my old self that I want back. I used to be really really good! I look in my closet now, and I wonder what ever posessed me to dress entirely in plaid flannel!!! Ok, now and then the lumberjack look can be sexy, but not all the time I'm slowly replacing them with sharp button down shirts and tight sweaters

This is NOT what I expected to happen when I lost weight. It's happy and sad at the same time...I'm sad that I let this happen to myself. And sometimes, it's so scary to think about change that I just want to dive back under that fat shroud and eat a gallon of ice cream! I started to binge last night. The kids were asleep and dh was out with the boys.....I just started eating totally mindlessly. I finished off the last piece of tortilla pizza left from dinner (not unhealthy, nor very caloric, but I wasn't hungry). THen I reached for the box of chocolate graham crackers with every intention of eating as much as I wanted. But I stopped! I SOOOOOO STOPPED MYSELF!!! Halfway through opening the box, I told myself "what are you doing? It's 10 o'clock, you're not hungry.....just go to bed!" So I did. I'm so proud of myself.

Thanks for being here to talk to every morning. Typing these posts really helps me sort things out in my head. I hope all you midwesterners are surviving the snow. We can't BUY ourselves a storm out here! We haven't had more than a dusting since before Christmas. Supposed to get a couple of inches today, though. Maybe we'll get lucky and the system will stall. The poor snowmobilers are so despondent.....we need a good 12"! Well, don't we all

Talk to you all later,
Julie
Old 02-06-2004, 09:52 AM   #12  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Beautifuls... Got points for water and op yesterday... no formal exercise tho... not even snow shoveling...lol. But i will make up for that today... WE got more snow last night... and its so pretty...lol I wont be posting this weekend as i am off on a womans weekend... no kids.. no hubby... just me. Lisa, i am originally from Green Bay too... small world ... my parents still live there so i am back every now and then... more in the summer months. Enjoy your snow day!! To everyone else... stay strong and positive... remember to take care of u.. i love you all immmensly...
Sandy

PS... no weigh loss but no gain either... but its tom so i am not sweating it
Old 02-06-2004, 09:58 AM   #13  

, Get the rolling pin after me! I have not done so good this week, after the ribs last Saturday and then Wednesday I totally messed up, No weight loss for me , I hate to admit, but I gained one pound. I tend to be an emotional eater, And Wednesday was a bad day for me. I am doing better got 3 points for yesterday, no exercise again,
My goal for today is to make it a 4 point day and i hope that we all have a 4 point day. Most of you are doing so good!!!
I just seen where they found that 11 year old girl, that is so sad.
Got to go get laundry and housework done, going to get permanent at 11 and it is also payday, got to get the bill paid too. lots to do so will check in later this evening, Hope everyone has a great day, Donna

Last edited by newme4me; 02-06-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:15 AM   #14  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Lisa
Sandy B
Donna

My heart goes out to the Brucia family. What an animal. That pig had been arrested for the same thing several years ago and never charged. I cannot believe there were NO people around in broad daylight walking up to them and asking what he was doing pulling on that girl or if she was ok. It is time this country quits cowering under "It's none of my business," and we need to start making it our business! Those of you with children, please hug them extra tight today and say a prayer for this families loss!

Faye
Old 02-06-2004, 12:16 PM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies,

well its another pound UP for me . That makes 8 that I've gained back, but that IS THE LAST ONE. My goodness how emotions and motivations can change, I was once so dedicated.

Hope all are well

Faye - That woman will certainly be in my prayers
Closed Thread