Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 09:20 AM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Stay at home moms # 130

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:28 AM   #2  
soontobethin

Good morning,
Andrea, I am so sorry about your loss. We are all here for you if you need to vent or talk.
I have been MIA this week due to several things. First of all, ds #2 was sick sunday night. Then I just hadn't been feeling good since tuesday, but I am better now. I have been getting in my workouts. My pilates DVD's came in the mail, and I have done them a couple of times. I really like them. On top of being sick, I have been worried about my mom. My parents got divorced after being married for 27 years, and my dad did not take it well. To make a long story short, he has been threatning her,she has a restraining order, its a mess, so we are all worried. She's afraid to go home, worried about the kids at home, and the security at work has put new locks on her office doors and stuff. Anyway, you all are doing great working out and with losing weight. Monday before I got sick I had lost two lbs, and so thats pretty good. I will talk to you later.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!
Thanks for starting a new thread Ricci. Congrats on the 2# loss...gee, what a nasty situation between your parents. How sad for you as you must have feelings for each- no matter who is "at fault". Hang in there, we are here for you to vent or just for a smile.

Spryng- my son thinks grilled cheese sandwiches are supposed to be burned!!!!!!! Loved that story....we have all been there one time or another.
Hope the new makeup was/is fun. Don't sweat the 1#.....can I share with you a funny story??? We had a member of the thread who used to weigh herself about 4 times a day......posted almost each time.....got bummed over tiny increases (which, if you had not been to the potty could be the reason!). Finally I had to leave a long post for her reminding her not to WI each day- WW recommends once a week and that is it. So, my dear, you could still be holding water from the other nite...when you ate out. Don't sweat it!!!! The weight will come off, ok? You are doing great.

Candy- hope your kids are feeling better! And end of the month billing sounds like it is the pits. Hope all goes well for you.

Geri- I hear ya with the Matthew thing......he sure seemed like a keeper.....and as much fun as Ian might seem, I think most of us would go for the more stable person for the long haul. I'd love to see how Meredith is faring in a few years....I have a feeling that is a marriage that will never take place. So, Will got a nap in for you?

Andrea- how are you........my thoughts are with you.

Melinda- aw forgive me for being brain dead.....I do not have the time to go back to the old thread and remember what you posted. Hope your day is going well and that the baby is over the teething episode. (that was is wasn't it?)

No workout yet- but I am going out for a walk in a little while. It is sunny today, but cool. The rays should do me some good. I slept in this am (until 5:15, big whoop) because I was so drained yesterday. Still tired......don't know why. But I have a messy house before me, so I'd better go. Sorry if I missed you or got confused......my one brain cell is on vacation. Happy Friday.
Gotta go clean. Ginny
Old 02-27-2004, 11:41 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Good morning all

Hi Ginny, how goes the cleaning. I should probably do some of that but since Dh is going bowling tonight I think I'll leave it til tomorrow so he can play with the kids while I clean. Sorry to hear you're tired. Hopefully it's just because you've been so busy and nothing else! Enjoy the sun's rays. I'm so ready for spring and warm weather but we still have March, April, May...you never know around here. I think it's to be in the mid to upper 40's today so I'll get the boys out this afternoon.

Ricci, so sorry about your parents. It's so sad when adults have to act like idiots. Hopefully they're just idle threats and your Dad's just upset. My parents divorced when I was about 10. It wasn't easy as I knew that my Mom had cheated on my Dad and we were going to be living with my Mom so there was a lot of anger there. How's your MIL doing? Hope you're feeling better. Congrats on the loss.

Spryng, enjoy your Dh's long visit. I don't expect to see many posts from you this weekend!! Don't sweat the 1#. You can get that off and more this week even with Dh being home...you're so motivated! I wear "natural" looking makeup too. I use foundation, mascara, blush and that's about it. Dh is used to seeing me in sweats ... but that's what he wears when he's home too!!

Andrea, hope you're doing well. When does Dh get in?

Gosia, you out there?? HOpe you're OK.

Candy, I can't remember your last post but you got a good workout in..that's great.

Last night's dinner was wonderful. I had Indonesian Peanut Saute which was spicy peanut sauce sauteed with rice noodles, broccoli, carrots and Napa Cabbage topped with sprouts, crushed peanuts, scallions and a lime wedge. Brought half of it home . Dessert was a scrumtious (sp?) chocolate covered strawberry and homemade angelfood cake. I don't remember if I posted last night so I may be repeating myself ... this happens when you get older you know??

Got in 2 miles of WATP before Tony whined too much for me to take. He's getting a few more teeth in so I just gave him a shot of Tylenol. Then gave the boys a bath...they love their baths. Finally got my shower in. Now it's time to go on a diaper/formula run so it's off to Walmart we go. I'm going to look for some weights there too to make my workouts even harder.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone. Hello to everyone I missed. TTYL
Old 02-27-2004, 04:29 PM   #5  

Weigh in this morning was the same as last week! No change was probably due to the fact-1) I haven't been watching portions sizes too much this week 2) I got 3 1/2 workouts this week, 1/2 speed walking with JW in the mall. I did manage to do without late night eating 4 times this week.
Well, I know what I need to do for next week.

Spryng - Don't worry too much about the gain. You look great and so close to goal. Enjoy your weekend with DH.

Ricci - Congrats on the 2 pound loss. Keep up the good work.

Ginny - JW is still teething, but has really been good with it. Just gives me an excuse to love and hold him more.

Geri - How often do you get together with your girlfriends? Sounds like fun. I am the only one out of mine that has a child, but they love JW. Sometimes I wonder if they like him more than me. J/K

Girls weekend! We are going to Hilton Head for the weekend. We are planning on going outlet shopping and all. I am really excited. First time to leave JW overnight. My Dh said that he is not worried about JW missing me, but me missing JW and wanting to come back home.
Hoping that spending money and relaxing with the girls will take precident over eating. None of us are drinkers, I would rather use my calories eating instead. I think I will bring along snacks, so that I am not starving when we have meals and overeat. I am taking my tennis shoes, just in case I have time for a workout.

Have a great weekend. I think it will be a rainy and cold one for us, or at least cold for us southerners.

Melinda
Old 02-28-2004, 07:33 AM   #6  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey! Where is everyone??? Just wanted to update on exercise. Yesterday I only got in a 2 mile WATP's but I guess that was better than nothing. I wanted to do pilates too but I think I will just do it every other day. Today and tomorrow I have a work related seminar, this on top of it being the end of the month, but oh well! Yesterday morniing I weighed in and I was 146 but this morning I am 148?!? Go figure. I actually didn't eat much yesterday, mostly just drank and I did walk so maybe my muscles are retaining? Sorry I can't get personal but I've got to get out of here and get downtown. TTYL!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Just a quick hello, no time for a wordy post.

Candy-don't sweat the weight.....sounds like a salt problem to me, and that usually goes away quickly!!!!!

Melinda- good for you having a game plan for next week!!!! Don't sweat the WI- look for all the good that you did accomplish (you got some workouts in, right?) You are doing great. And I agree, any excuse to hold a baby is a good one.

Geri- that dinner sounds delicious.....sure that you enjoyed it too. Did you find some weights??they really do make a workout more interesting and it is nice to have a way to vary the workout for those days you can handle the challenge.

Guess I'd better scoot......got the whole gang home for now. Have a great weekend.
Spryng, enjoy that time with Dh! Hi to Andrea, Gosia, Ricci.......anyone I missed.
Ginny
Old 02-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #8  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies!

How is everyone? I got 32 minutes in on the treadmill this morning so I'm ready for my nephew's birthday party. I have no idea what we're eating but my brother usually has some raw veggies, lots of chips and sloppy joes/barbeque. So I'll have lots of raw veggies!! We're just going to have leftovers for dinner tonight.

Ginny, I have a raincheck for some 2 lb ankle/wrist weights at Target for $8. I just have to get back there ... maybe later today. They were almost $10 at Walmart. Target's on the other side of town so I decided not to go yesterday. I'm hoping to get there this weekend yet.

Candy, sounds like water retention to me. Hey you're not supposed to weigh yourself so often! I've been doing that too . Dh told me yesterday that I already look thinner . What a sweetie! If that's not motivation to keep going, I don't know what is!! Enjoy the seminar.

Melinda, enjoy your girls weekend. I love it when I get a chance to get away for a while. My group of friends gets together once a month. You need to have time for yourself WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY for leaving your precious babies at home! Remember, when Mama's happy, everyone's happy

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend. Take care!! Hi to everyone I missed.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Hi Ladies

Hi,

I have posted here in the past but my weight starting creeping up, my food choices started getting worse, Andrew (the baby) was in the hospital for a week (kidney disorder), and I stopped posting. Well I have decided this is it and I started over again Monday. I have lost back five pounds so far and feeling great about being on plan.

I just joined the MSN group and uploaded pics.

Hope you don't mind but I want to start posing again

Recap: Penny, Mom of 3 boys, Hunter 4 Nicholas 3 and Andrew 8 1/2 months
Old 02-28-2004, 09:53 PM   #10  
Movin' to the Country!

Welcome back Penny!!! I remember you. Glad that the baby is doing better and we look forward to having you back! I'll go check out the pics as soon as I am done here!

Ok, this is another quickie...sorry about that. Not to beat a dead horse but...end of the month!!! Just wanted to say I had my seminar this morning and came home and did my 2 mile WATP's. Then this evening went to Sam's and they had some cute hip hugger jeans for under $10. I searched and searched but they only had 12's and 8's. I bought the eight thinking I could shrink into them in a couple months. I came home and tried them on and they fit!!! They are almost too big!!! I thought the size 9 juniors was a fluke but 2 pairs of missized jeans??? I don't even remember the last time I wore an 8. Whoo hoo! I might even end up a size 6. That is unfathomable!!! Anyways, just a LITTLE excited, in case you couldn't tell and had to share. Dh's just can't seem to share the enthusiasm like another woman.

Well, I am off to work and then bed. Kids are still sick but improving. TTYL!!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:57 PM   #11  
Movin' to the Country!

Penny, love the pics! What a beautiful family!!! I can't believe how big Andrew has gotten since you were last here. Is he still nursing? Is the kidney disorder resolved? I know that must have been scary and I doubt any of us could have maintained a weight loss program through something like that! Anyways, nice to have you back and congrats on the loss!!! TTYL!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 10:12 PM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey Candy,

Thanks so much I think they are a bunch of cuties too But so are yours!

Andrew is still having problems with his kidney, he was just diagnosed last month. He has a severe blockage on the tube that goes from the left kidney to the bladder. We have been in the hospital, then 3 outpatient prodecures and now we wait...... He is on medications daily. We will have to repeat the procedures again in three months and see if the blockage is still the same or worse. If it is worse, we are off to Children's Hospital in New Orleans. They will then cut the damaged portion of the tube then re-attached it. They were talking about removing the whole kidney but I the prayers paid off!

Thanks for listening!

CONGRATS ON THE JEANS! I KNOW YOU ARE EXCITED!

That is a great feeling and all your hard work is paying off!

PS YEAH, Still Nursing. He won't give it up yet!

Take care and Good Night,
Penny
Old 02-28-2004, 10:28 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Hi ladies,

Penny, welcome back! Sure hope all goes well for the little big guy! He sure looks healthy. Just looked at your pics and they're great. Reminds me I need to update mine....which means I have to take some more pictures. I've been really bad at that lately.

Well no raw veggies at the birthday party...no veggies at all unless you want to count the very cheesy potatoes or the pork and beans! BBQ chicken was the meat. Oh well, I just had a little of everything and saved some room for a piece of cake. Then stopped at Target and got those weights I had a raincheck for. Glad I only got the 1 pounders! I almost grabbed the heavier ones because a pound didn't sound very much. Tried them when I got home...sure makes a difference. I'll get used to these first before I get a heavier pair.

Nothing else new here today. Just doing a little crocheting to stay out of the food. It's been almost 2 weeks since I had an afterdinner snack. I'm so very proud of myself. I didn't think I could do it but after the first few days it wasn't so bad. I just have to keep myself busy.

Candy, congrats on the size 8....it'll never be me but I would be just as estatic in a size 16!! I'm a big boned girl

Have a wonderful night everyone!!
Old 02-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #14  
Movin' to the Country!

Geri, forget it!!! There is no way we are counting cheesy potatoes and pork and beans as veggies!!! I agree with you on the weights. I already had some 2 pounders and I end up doing the modified half way through!!! I'm weak! What ya crocheting? You are doing fantastic with the snacking! It seems almost anything can be accomplished if you can just do it long enough to get over the hump, huh? We are really proud of you too!!!

Penny, so sorry about Andrew's kidney...do they know what caused it? I sure hope he gets better soon. I can't imagine how stressful that must be! I'll be thinking about you. As for the nursing, mine both did until 16 months when they decided they had had enough. I loved every minute of it! I'm hoping for #3 next year. We'll see!

Ok, I was on break again! I'm fixin' to turn in. Hope everyone has a good night's sleep!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning Ladies

Cubba ~ I agree w/ Candy. That doesn't count for veggies I think my best trick is to eat before I go to a party. They I bring a big thing of water with me to it. Everytime I want some of the food I drink my water and by the time it is time for cake if I still have to have something, I will get the cake w/out the icing. But most of the time I am too full to have it. I know it is easier said that done!
Congrats on the late night snacking. I have had a very hard time with that!
Glad you are doing something to keep you busy. I started back scrapbooking again.

Candy ~ I tell you three is much harder than two but it is worth it. I would have more if I could. But my health (high bp), my checkbook, and my sanity couldn't take it And the kidney disease is heredity. They thought that Nicholas had it also but he checked out alright. Thank goodness. They think the blockage has been there since birth but I am high risk and had four different doctors do ultrasounds on me and it was never mentioned
How are you doing with your weight loss? You always ask about everybody else? How are you?

I have been on plan since Monday without cheating. And I have went out to eat three times this week. It was hard at first but I did it. I am going all the way to goal this year

Take care,
Penny
Closed Thread