Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 06:36 AM   #1  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Default The South Pasture Diet

I'm free as of 3:30 ha, ha, ha. Free to go to the bathroom whenever I please. Have to look my best....no time to hang out talking carb control with you folks. Assignment....read South Beach...tell me what to do. We'll start tomorrow. I'm going to go exercise...Day 4 or 5. A record.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:12 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Smile South Beach Diet for everyone!

It must be good because it's dribbled over here to this part of the world already.

Drink THIS and you'll forget all about loosing weight for at least a couple hours:

Bloody Caesar
  • 1 oz vodka
  • Celery salt
  • 1 dash Worchestershire sauce
  • 1 dash Tabasco sauce
  • Clamato juice
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Mixing instructions:
Rim tall glass with celery salt, fill with ice and ingredients. Garnish with a celery stick, straw, and lime.

Bottoms up!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:31 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

I am not one bit surprised to learn that Lohani's new diet is vodka based. That she would force sweet little Sugar Plum to post that vile recipe is unforgivable. Fight back, Sugar!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:20 PM   #4  

Yes! Lush has freedom to potty any time she wants! That is good news! I've always wondered about the potty issue when I buy a latte at one of those roadside espresso stands. Where do they go??? Freedom to potty is a job pre-requisite for me. Even if I don't know how to spell it.

In one hour I will be whisked away to happy hour at the Heathman Hotel and then the symphony. Wish I knew something about classical music. Oh well. I know how to enjoy it. Especially after happy hour.

You will be thrilled to know that I managed to get employee w-2's out today, the last possible day for me to do it.

Have a loverly weekend!
Old 01-30-2004, 07:35 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Don't read this, it's gloomy and depressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
Any of you doing South Beach? I heard the MD interviewed on NPR today;.. might have to give in and buy one more diet book....
I wouldn't bother. Same old Same old. Ever had any long-term success with a published diet? My feeling is if you can follow any specific diet for the long haul, then that road could work for you, but most people, like me, can only stand to follow them for a short time. I just give up after a while; a lot of people go nuts and binge when they can't stand it anymore. Then of course we have to hate ourselves for being so "weak" -- in reality it's the whole concept of a diet that is at fault. Diets are what made me fat; I won't follow one again.

Oo, Sugar, perkier butt? Sounds like you're doing something right! Cross-country skiing will trim your butt some more, I'll bet, if you keep at it. I really need to get out and ski, but it's so darn cold here, it is very discouraging. A Bloody Caesar sounds lovely. Maybe I'll make some for our little Super Bowl partay.

Peaches, am I supposed to be mad, or embarassed? I'm confused--purple could be either one. Please tell me; I wouldn't want to think the wrong thing, after all.

By the way, your ediot was just covering his a** with his dumb little lie. You know, the adult version of "the dog ate my homework"

I don't know, Wab, I don't think Sally Struthers is very cute anymore. She was really scary on that show, wasn't she?

Oh yeah, not that anyone gives a , but I haven't been online because I've been having computer/network/internet problems. Which are now cleared up. And one of my half-brothers wrote to tell me he has been living apart from his wife of 10 years since August. It was a very sad email, I feel awful for him. And one of my half-sisters wrote me a thank you note for the Christmas presents I sent to her family and apologised profusely for not "remembering" us this year (not one of my siblings on my father's side sent any of us Christmas presents, not even DD). I would like to dig a hole to the other side of the world and go live there for a while, because this side ain't no fun no more. Edit that.

Kiwi
Old 01-30-2004, 10:26 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

keeeeeeeee wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee----come to canada and live---it's like the other side of the planet,only colder----------went to see Bruce Cockburn tonight---he is a well known {in Canada anyway} folk singer------he is a MAJOR activist song writer----that can get TEDious for sure--------------but he has a gorgeous voice and is an amazing guitarist!!!! Cherry likely knows who he is!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:28 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

Given the choices, Kiwi, it would be mad.

Wabby doesn't think Struthers is cute either. She was being ironic.

Kiwi, you sound like you don't feel great and neither do I. Let's run away together and live in a cave. No, let's don't. Let's go live with Bagzie.

Painty, I got a PM from you but can't get it to open. Something about system maintenance. I hope it's not urgent. I'll keep trying.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:36 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Too late. Already gone mad.

I have to clean this hellhole today. Already got DD to clean the bathroom--pretty good, huh? And DH is out of the house for the whole day, so I really have no excuse for getting something done. Did the LR yesterday. Just have to clear off the kitchen table, haul some crap out of the way and do the floors. Doesn't sound like much, but it looms. Yes, indeed it looms. 'specially with a budding migraine and a cold and seriously painful shoulder (surfing disease).

Send encouragement.

Or jewelry.

Kiwi
Old 01-31-2004, 02:59 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i have sent you a fine diamond ring---sell it and meet Peaches at the Gulag Archipelago----the temperature is the same at my house----i will bring the vodka and sugar will hitchhike as it's only up the street a bit from her
Old 01-31-2004, 03:08 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Poor Teensie Kiwi. You can do it. Break up the chores into mini-chores. Let me know when the ring gets there. Where is Bagz sending us? To a Siberian work camp? That's no good. They'll eat whale there.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:25 PM   #11  

I stayed up way late last night.... net surfing and dreaming about making a fortune knitting... Yeah, that's likely! wish I could figure a way to get people to give me money without having to work.....
Kiwi, you're probably right about buying another diet book... I could just as well go back to Sugar Busters... it was in my box to give to HalfPrice Books.... and I did lose quite a bit on that... but it is apparently the exercise (which I've yet to get motivated ENOUGH about) that makes the difference.
I'm happy to do a slug/sloth/eggplant imitation. Though NONE of those are particularly therapeutic, and I've never seen any of them knit.

Got a late start on the day... had an enormous breakfast.... but not too many calories.... I think the Drunken Caesar is a good idea... vegetables AND a buzz... and a SMALL bit of dirty rice.... maybe roast the edame beans that are at risk of freezer burn....

Wabby-- keep listening to classical music and reading the CD cases or "liner notes" That way the dose of "learning" is swallowable. It does help to know a bit about the composer and his/her era... and a bit about the structure of the piece.... I was amazed to find out that basically symphonies (and sonatas) all use the same structure.... so it is the variation that makes so much difference. Hope the concert is entertaining. I used to have season tickets on Sunday afternoon and I ALWAYS fell asleep after intermissiion. Fortunately that was back before my snoring got to sonic boom decibel level.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:45 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh durn. I sent DH to the store and forgot to add the ingredients for a drunken Caesar to the list. You wouldn't believe all the junk he bought! We're only having 2 people over tomorrow and I think he cleaned out the junk food aisle. Ah well, never fear, I'm sure I'll be able to finish up all the leftovers in jig-time!

Excellent, I'm looking forward to my diamond ring. I think you'll like the Gulag Archipelago, Peachie, lots of interesting people there. There might be a language barrier, but I'll bring lots of blue jeans to use for barter. Doesn't it look lovely? Definitely my kind of place. Peter the Great visited there to defend Russia from Sweden and while he was hanging around, he helped build a wooden church that still stands today. I think a Czar who does carpentry is an excellent idea. Kind of like Jimmy Carter only a little less civilized. Although I must say, rather dashing if he really looked like the painting below..
Old 02-01-2004, 07:29 AM   #13  
loves kleenex box art

Amazing to see such gorgeous architecture and such shabby housing.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:39 AM   #14  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I think a cow of the Lohani breed could live quite well in such a cold isolated place.

Kiwi, cheer up.
Sell your diamond and we'll all go to Las Vegas. I want to go to the place that is faux-Venice.

I must go be productive. bye
Old 02-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #15  
fatter than U

Talking I'm on my way!

See yas all there! It's like head north and veer a bit over to the right, eh?

Computer was acting weird AGAIN last night. Wouldn't even start Windows. Boy was I in a panic. We somehow got it started again today. Phew! Trying to get internet access on the other computer which runs on XP but the ISDN USB thingie won't work. It's all so confusing.

Unfortunately, I think exercise IS the key to weight loss. Diets just don't work in the long run, and they're sure not gonna get you any muscles! This is coming from someone who had a lovely cold, ate lots of chocolate yesterday and hasn't exercised since Thursday, but what the h*ll.
Closed Thread