Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 07:29 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Christian Encouragers #179

If you are looking for a wonderful group of people who will be here for you and encourage you through Prayer & Support... then You have found the right Thread This is a great group who will be very encouraging and caring and ANYONE is welcome to join!

Old 01-29-2004, 08:01 AM   #2  

Angry Good Morning

Good Morning Folks!

Here's the LINK to the last thread for those who want to catch up:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...633#post507633

Just thought it was a good time to begin a new thread - hope that is okay with you all
It is snowing like crazy here again this morning! Wonder if it will ever stop...

Hey there GARY, (aka - coach ) I didn't work on my elliptical yesterday - I really felt like I needed a rest. I was really tired... so I will workout today. Did you get in a workout yesterday? We never heard from you? Hope you aren't over taxing yourself with that hernia and all.

HI there SUE! Thanks! If it weren't for GARY - don't know that I would be trying so hard. I always wanted a coach

I'm so happy that you have made room for me & that I can join you all too! Even if it's by thread reality (you know... like vertual reality) I bet you are so excited about going!!!

Yeah, I thought that the link of the Jesus Story was really neat ~ glad you liked it too

SAMI, It was sooooo good to hear from you, but I am so sorry that you are still not feeling well. Boy-o-boy, will you reap some rewards in heaven with all that you have suffered here on earth! Hope that you have some good days again soon! You are very "welcome" in posting your Wedding Pics... it was great seeing them! And you!!

Shouting out "Hello's" to MICHELE, Hope all is going well for you!? Miss seeing you!! ANGEL, SPROUT, WILMA, GARNET, CHRISTIAN & JUDY!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Default It's Freezing out here!

This morning I woke up to -40C weather. The norm is between -15 - -20. Nothing wants to work. School buses aren't running. DS had to stand at a bus stop for a few minutes this a.m. Glad he was dressed well. Our car wouldn't start yesterday so DH took my van and I'm getting a ride to work. We are hardy folk up here but this is ridiculous. I could really use the warmth. Sunshine we have but it's not very warm.

I've been doing really well with my evening snacking. None last night. I bought oranges and grapefruit. They're amazing this time of year so if I feel like snacking I have one of those. I hope to report a weight loss as well as inches lost at the end of February.

Have a great day!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 AM   #4  

Angry

Morning WILMA, I saw Canada on the Weather Channel! What is -40C in F?? I am afraid I don't have a clue... but I do know you are realllllly cold there! Maine (my family lives there) is getting some of those cold temps too! You can keep it!!! The 10* we are experiencing here is cold enough for me!!! The ice on our jeep was over an inch thick! Took almost an hour of running the car to get it down. It went down to -3 or 4 last night. And we are still getting tons of snow... the skiers, snow-boarder's & children are loving it (no school!)

Evening snacking is my biggest struggle too! I wish you well WILMA!! Have a great day!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:46 AM   #5  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Can you say BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Dang, it's cold here too! It's -29 F with the windchill. No really new snow but the road's are icy. Lot's of accidents this a.m. I had no trouble getting to work though. I was curious too what -40 C works out to in F....

I have a lunch date today w/Charlie! He calls or emails during the day, calls at night. He's very sweet and attentive. I told him about my portable phone acting up, he asked me to write down the battery and he'll get me one, and if that doesn't work, he'll get me a new one. I'm like......WHAT? A guy who would take care of those little things that bug me? I could stand being treated like this! He also invited me to a recognition dinner tonight at Bucca's for Boy Scouts. I want to find out more, see if his son will be there, etc. Maybe too soon, but maybe I should go and see him around others too. I think i look cute today in my long black skirt w/black legging and boots and my pink sweater! I feel happy and confident anyway and I'm glad of that.

You all are doing wonderful, keep warm!

Suunny~I just remembered, my computer at home is acting up, haven't been doing the devotion, sorry...
Old 01-29-2004, 12:35 PM   #6  

Smile Good

Oh thank you all for the prayers. ( EZ ) DD is a Christian if it wasn't for her going to church with neighbors I wouldn't be. She is doing much better now. The shock has worn off and the business of job hunting is at hand. So please continue to pray.

Ok I have taken notes so, here goes:

WILMA: it is sooo cold up there you are welcome to visit here in Napa. It's a chilly 60 here today

EZ: first off do take care of the hernia, it can lead to other complications if you dont. You sound like a great uncle, and dad. I will remember to pray for your Pastor in training

ANGEL-LOVER: I love being a gramma I am close to mine and we get to do lots of things together. I have never lived where it gets that cold brrr.

MICHELE: I will keep you in my prayers. Are your friend's Christian? That's always a good place to start.

SPROUT: I see you are a faithful walker. That is so good. Keep it up. Does Dr. Phil recommend cutting the starches? That is a good idea I have learned I can do without potatoes. But I do enjoy bread so look for the lower Carb styles. You don't like whole wheat??

SUNNY D: Makes me think of the drink LOL. Does you hubby do long haul driving? I am glad he chose to wait out the worst of the weather that ice is the worst I think except for blinding snow. I lived in WA state for 17 years and drove school bus for 11 so I have seen some of both. We were close to the coast so it was never as severe as you allare having right now.

SUE: so you are coming west to go to Alaska?? You know, all the years I lived in WA I never made it to Alaska. I hear its beautiful.

SAMI: You are so right about big lay offs. DD (Shawna) and I were talking about that. At least she isn't with several hundred other people with the same experience and qualifications out there looking for a job. She has had several calls from parents of her students saying they would give her letters of recommendation any time.

I have been doing ok on woe I am slowly losing still looking to get below 220's for now.

Blessings to all,
Nasha
Old 01-29-2004, 01:19 PM   #7  

Angry

Hey there GARNET, Good job keeping up! I took notes too (& still do once in awhile) when I first began and have given each of you your own colors (as you can see... your's is NAVY ). Yes, you are right 'bout my name SunnyD is the name of an orange juice drink, but I selceted Sunny (for my disposition) & D (Initial of my first name Donna) 57 (the year I was born - a very good year I might add... I love the 50's ) I am a huge fan of the vintage years ~ 30's, 40's & 50's, Big Band Music & Fifties Music.

My hubby, Joe, works for a grocery store chain "TOPS". He works in Bakery Maintaince for ~ALL~ the stores in OHIO. So he drives all over the state, driving a very large van. He can get in anywhere from 800 - 1,000 miles a week in driving. So sometimes I get pretty concerned when he leaves the house - I rely on my prayers and faith that the Lord will bring him home to me when he walks out the door in the morning. Thank goodness for cell-phones! We call one another at least 2 - 3 x a day... staying in touch and making sure each is having a good, safe day. He's all I have... well, other then my boys - 3 kitties - Domino (8 yrs old), & brother's, Guido & Zeppe (1 3/4 yrs old). Joe & I couldn't have children, but are involved in youth ministries & our church. We both sing in a small group called "Gift of Song". And have been married 28 yrs, June 21st will be 29 years for us So that's about it about us... (sorry everyone for boring you with info you have read before )

How many Children & Grandchildren do you have? And how old are the G-kids? I bet they bring you allot of Joy! How long have you been married? Hope you don't mind the questions? I think it's great that you decided to stay with us!

Wow! You drove a school bus! You must have the patience of a saint! How old were the kids on the bus? Did you like driving? I have a friend who is a retired driver and she loved driving - she had grade school kids & Special Ed kids.

Hope you are having a great day!
God Bless...
SunnyD

PS>>> Here are some pics of our kitties:
Domino & then Guido (L) next to Zeppe (R)

Click ON the pictures to make them larger...
Old 01-29-2004, 01:29 PM   #8  

Angry

Here is a picture of my Joe (just turned 50 this past June) taken the beginning of Janaury & me (going to be 47 in Feb) taken Jan 1st in my new glasses.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #9  

Smile

Hi MICHELE, I wondered why I was not getting the Daily Devotions anymore, but do understand. Hope you are able to fix the problem. Did you get a computer bug?

Charlie sounds like such a sweet man... hope you have the BEST lunch date! Have fun and come back and tell us all about it - will you... well, maybe not all I am so very "happy" for you!! Joe is very much like the way you describe Charlie, very attentive to my needs. Your outfit sounds really nice! Wish I could see it on you - bet you look sharp! Good colors on you with your ivory skin and dark hair.

(((Hugs)))
Old 01-29-2004, 02:23 PM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I had a nice lunch with Charlie but we got to talking and before you knew it i had to head back to work, took my lunch with me. I am going to the recognition dinner tonight with him for Scouts. There's suppose to be about 90 people there. Should be fun. It's at a church and catered by Bucca's. Maybe we'll have more of a chance to spend time together tonight.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:34 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Thursday

HI GALS

Not much time today-- just got home from dinner- El POLO LOCO, and I didn't eat healthy We stopped there on the way home from another step-d's soccer match.

SUNNY I did NOT work out on the elliptical today, I got home just in time to mow the grass (YES- we can see ours here in WARM sunny southern California) then had to jam to step-d's game-- I will hit it tomorrow! Right now I am way tooooooooooooooooooooo full SUNSHINE COMING

MICHELE How's it going Charlie's Angel Glad things are going well! I pray they continue for you!!! Requesting pictures of your outfit-- HEY! what do you mean dirty old man SUNSHINE COMING

GARNET I have a dear lady friend that has been a school bus driver for 10 years-- we have much better driving weather here. Hope dd's search is going well.

WILMA SUN-SUN-SUN.... Great job on the snacking. SUNSHINE COMING
Old 01-29-2004, 09:43 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Had to take a phone call on work. Anyway gotta get off for Ron so he can do his homework. SAMI-Have we got a future rock star there? Sending sunshine SPROUT- keep up the walking and NO BREAD no matter the color--HEY I love wheat bread-- are you sure you are getting a good one? And I mean %100 WHOLE WHEAT? ANGEL- how are the maps treating you this week? SUE-- hey dear, we just might get enough people to take our own personal cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTTA GO.. hear RON? "UNCLE GARY-UNCLE GARY PLEASE lol
Old 01-29-2004, 11:30 PM   #13  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! I thought I would let you know that -40C is the same as -40F. It's the only time the temps match. Major problems like water lines bursting and gas lines cracking are starting to come up. It's supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow. -23C will feel balmy.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:55 AM   #14  

Hi everybody...

Been working on pics. When I fought the viruses, they took my Kodak software! I can't get it to install. Gotta go back & try again.

Hi SunnyD...thanks for the beautiful angels in your posts to me. Yes, there are a lot of geat places. You seem to find the better ones....your eyes are better than you think! It is a lot of fun. I get excited when I come across a really good site, don't you?! Oh, I knew you didn't mind me using that image, just didn't want you to think I'd use a site you were using at the time. No need....when there ARE so many out there!
Enjoyed the story of Jesus. In fact, it's been on my Christian Website for 2 years now! There are such talented people using the pc's for good!! Makes me feel a little better after fighting viruses!

Hello to everyone else....was gonna try to post to all individual, but, running out of time. Will get back soon as I can. Have a great Friday!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:51 AM   #15  

Hello I just have a minute the kids are on a two hr delay and I have one sick. That really makes me late and I hate that on a payroll day Because I know when I walk in I will be pounded on with issues!
Michele-I am so glad you are having so much fun! I pray you have a great time tonight! I know you look great in your cute outfit.
Ez-My kids have been kicking me off for homework also! But because there are so many of them I never get back on I fall asleep waiting!
SunnyD-I had to laugh when garnet said your name reminds her of the drink because that is the samething I thought of when I saw your name! LOL
Wilma-It is cold and with my luck it seems to snow right at rush hour to get home! Last night the person in front of me kept slamming on the brakes and I would touch the brakes and they would go to anti-lock and slide! People in IN do not know how to drive in snow! The roads I go on the people are all driving SUV and Hummers so they think they can drive like nuts!
Garnet I will keep DD in prayers. Your right at least she isn't among a huge lay off group all trying to get the same job.
Angel lover-We had to get a new computer do to being hit by a virus. My DD also has a bug and her computer in brandnew so DH is going to have to go redo everything on it for her!

Well got to run will try to post more later (they can't kick me off for homework tonight!)
Closed Thread