Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 11:24 AM   #16  

Raychel - Our wedding anniversary (#8) was this week on Monday and we spent our evening taking turns with our youngest trying to convince him that pooping in the toilet is a really good thing. I spent time in and out of the bathroom and we still haven't convinced him!! I would have rather been running errands. Usually we at least go out to dinner but I had been gone for 4 days so it was just nice to be home this week. I am very looking forward to Year #10 when I get a good old suntanning vacation in Mexico. I'm not even going to ask him about it then - just book it and he can come if he wants.

Happy Belated Anniversary!! Steph
Old 04-24-2001, 01:01 PM   #17  

I feel horrible that I haven’t been able to connect with you all. Glad to see that you all are doing well.

I was out of town for a week and then sick with bronchitis for another two weeks. I’m back to 100% and have been doing really well with diet and exercise. I continue to make positive changes for which I am grateful. I’m trying to limit/eliminate most negative influences in my life of which I can control.

I recently began to journal. I’ve kept one since 4th grade, but stopped when I met DH. Isn’t that funny? I guess I then had someone to tell everything to. However, I’ve decided that I want to continue to chronicle myself. It makes for good reading on a rainy Saturday.

I had another birthday and it hit me somewhat hard. I want each year to be better than the last, and that just wasn’t happening. So, I’m changing my actions and outlook. It is very hard, and a daily renewal.

As mentioned earlier I’m glad that everyone is hanging in there. Like Steph, spring is upon us, but not really the warm weather. We started ball last week (I get slower each year I swear!) and that is fun. However that is one of my biggest tempters since we typically go out afterwards. But I started off on the right foot last week.

I’m trying to work on lower body toning that is non-cardio and non-weight machine oriented (since I already do that). What do you guys find most effective? I’m working on that and abs right now. Suggestions would be great.

Will try to be better about checking in. Promise!
Old 04-25-2001, 03:33 AM   #18  
Juno

Default Juno Posts from her Deathbed

Okay, I exaggerate, but not by much. Here it is: Last week was almost "beyond the beyonds" (borrowing from Frank McCourt) in stress and overscheduled madness. I posted briefly, and knew you all understood. On Sunday I awoke with a scratchy throat, and it has been downhill from there. Those who know me well know that I have my own business, one with many wonderful advantages, but 'sick days' are not one of them! So I have worked and then reclined on the cough in a nasal stupor, lamenting that this week, which should be more free for projects, fun, workouts, and basic getting things done, has instead degenerated into a miserable convalescence.

I want to talk about this because this happens from time to time to everyone. I use this kind of downtime to "gear up." I think many of my resurgences in health and fitness have come after spells of being sick. Right now for some reason I can't stay off the herbal/essential oil/naturopathic web sites. I seem to be gathering information. I really neglect vitamins and overlook other avenues for better health. I am just nudging myself onto this sort of a path. There are only 5 weeks left before the girls are out of school for the summer, and while we will still be busy, the gotta-be-here, gotta-be-there aspect of my life should mellow out some. This is also cyclic - the (relative) freedom of summer is fleeting and deserves high-quality self-work.

On Saturday I did break in my new running shoes with my first jog of the season - slower than I remember my good times to be, but felt good. I got some nikes with the major air pockets in them, and I really liked running on the clouds. I also started some vitamins from the HF store on Friday. Could those healthy steps unleashed this illness? Oh yes, and doing better in my biggest weakness, water. Another reason to take vitamins - you are forced to down a tidepool of water just by definition.

So hang with me, I am always thinking and working. I am sometimes on top of my game, other times I lag. I always strive to learn and be better, even if it means learning the same stuff over and over.

Otherwise, there has also been very little time for "moi" - as in no time for journaling, no time for art, quilting, much gardening, etc. I am really wanting to escape with a notebook, a stack of fabric or a pad and pen and just be by myself a bit.

On a nonfitness note, the ring finally was sized and arrived. It is gorgeous. What is really fun is it has brought DH true pleasure. I think he feels good for getting it, and I enjoy the reflected pride.

So Catherine, not to worry - it isn't easy to post all the time. But I love love love to hear from you one and all. When a period of time goes by, and the time to post has escaped me, my little voice always asks - has the 5% thing run its course? Will you still be posting Juno? That voice is very tiny though - because I always reaffirm the value of you-all my online friends, and the power of writing down the process and sharing it with such vast support. Life is life, and life in the 2000s is so busy and hectic that I wonder when the backlash will start (and I'm looking forward to it!) - but this is one kind of home.

I can see it is almost time to start a new thread. I'll ponder that one. You can see I am in a philosophical mood. Anyway, send me "get well" energy because not much is getting done around here!

Juno

Old 04-25-2001, 03:20 PM   #19  

Hi everyone. We skipped spring and have somehow ended up with summer (I'm trying not to complain here!). I sat out on the deck and ate lunch and it is already 75 degrees. We are supposed to be in the 80's by this weekend. My plants are probably flipping out! Not to mention the amount of bugs we are going to have this year because of all the water and now hot weather. Always something for me to gripe about

All is well here. I am going through one of those stage when I am just sure this is the way my body is intended to stay because not much is budging. I've convinced myself that it doesn't matter if I lose 100 pounds because my hip bones are still in the same place These last 15 or 20 are just not happening for me. I'm trying to really develop a healthier attitude and try to just forget all about them. Easier said than done when I go in and try on new clothes and sizes make me annoyed. I'm in a 10 but still dream smaller

Last night I went to nutrition class (part of my requirement for being on the food program through daycare) and I have to commend the people that put together this little seminar. Normally I go and sit and listen to how spinach is good for you, ways to hide it, how to con kids into eating good foods, don't feed them chicken nuggets every day...stuff I know and always think is common sense if you are a decent provider. Last nights session was called It's All About You and it was just clever. We all received a handbook entitled Owner's Manual for YOUR body. How to fuel it and move it for a fun and healthy life. The Dietary Guideliines Alliance put it together and it was just super. It is all about the little steps that can make big differences and how those can lead to the bigger steps. I think it was much more inspirational for changes vs. any other type of "diet" "lifestyle" change.

Okay I had some links that said they had the handbook online but I can't find them so I'm editing and deleting. I'll look later and see if I can find a site that really has it.

I go through a mood where I don't want to post anymore but then I can't deal with not knowing what is going on in everyones lives! Pretty silly but I am quite hooked to this site because I just like everyone (especially on this board but I tend to lurk all over). I need to go put together snack now - Later! Steph

Last edited by STEPH; 04-25-2001 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2001, 03:25 AM   #20  
Juno

Default Time for a new thread

Okay, this thread is long - I'll fire up a new one!

Juno

Closed Thread