Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 03:55 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Talking Chit Chat # 25

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
Jana
Old 01-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Hi ladies,

Cristi - thanks so much for the birthday greetings for Mary! I've printed it, and will take it to her when we go over for pizza after while. You said to send ds-i-l to you, trust me, there are times I would LOVE to, lol!! He is basically a really good guy, but sometimes he gets on my nerves, you know what I mean?

Shanna - hon, I agree with the others! This is just as much your thread as ours, and you aren't even a newbie anymore.

Angie - I can't go to bars and bingos anymore because of all the smoke. Nothing worse than a reformed smoker, I guess, because I just can't tolerate it at all.

Marti - dang, I forgot what you said, but I'm sure it was nice. Anyway, hope you are having a good day.

Okay, recently I got a copy of the WW's new "Fast Track" program, and tweaked it just enough to make it doable for me for 1 week. Then I did my shopping and the house is full of healthy foods. I hate to wait for Monday - it's such a cliche - but will begin then, because I had already planned on regular stuff for the weekend. I've had a talk with my family, and asked them to intervene with me if I begin to fall off the wagon. Neal and Katie are going to do the same evening meals as me, even though they are fairly restrictive. They both have put on a few holiday pounds. After the first week, I will do the regular WW program.

Walmart was a mad house today! You can tell everyone's on a diet, because the produce department was so crowded! People were on me like ugly on an Osborne!

Better run, be good,

Jana
Old 01-23-2004, 01:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

I'm going to make this one quick.. I need to get to bed since I have an early class tomorrow.

Jana you're going to have to explain to me what WW fast track is. I've never heard of it. Sounds interesting.

Oh... I wish I knew what was on the other thread...hard to remember! (my age is already getting me!)

I've talked to James about our weekend. I told him that I wanted him to model for me in the mountains. Take his camera (a really nice one) and try and act professional with it. He just laughed. Wonder if I can do it. If I do,,, I will post them once I get them developed!! Our weather is strange. It was sooo Spring like today. I loved it. Then it's showers the rest of the week. We'll see if the weatherman is correct.

Ok...this wasn't one of my most interesting post....just wanted to say hi. And babble on about nothing!

I will be back tomorrow..hopefully with something interesting to say!!

Marti

BTW....I bought some Valentines Day Cards today.. There are so many that are so cute!! Wish I had grade school again so I could exchange some!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Default Tgif!

Hello ladies,

Marti - do you have an interest in photography? Or just in James, lol! I would love to see whatever pictures you take. Our weather is weird, too. It was very cold and blustery yesterday and it's suppposed to get 40-something today! No wonder everyone is sick! I normally only exchange a valentine with Neal, not even my kids, but if everyone here wants to exchange them, count me in.

Cristi - I took the printed message you sent for Mary over to the party last night, and she was really surprised! She said to tell you that it was very sweet of you, and thank you very much!

Hi also to Angie, Kayecee, Shanna, and anyone else I may have missed.

I'm meeting Neal in town today after classes to run a few errands. This is something we weren't able to do before his mom passed away. I really enjoy it, and so does he.

The WW Fast Track is a lower point diet that gets you started with a nice weight loss. There are 3 specific ones to choose from and they are all very, very healthy. The choices are Higher Protein, Higher Carb, and Higher Protein, Red Light Version. (No, it has nothing to do with Ladies of the Evening! ) It is red-lighting the carbs for a certain time of day, for those you struggle with them. Anyway, you are supposed to follow this for 2 weeks, but I am doing the Higher Protein one for Mon-Fri next week, and the fam is doing it with me for dinner. Any Jaded Lady who wants a copy of one of them, just let me know and I will mail it to you. I retyped the Higher Protein one so it is easy to read - the others will be itty bitty print.

Also, I am going to start a weight loss scrapbook. I have taken a couple of pictures of myself at my current weight, and want to add a photo every month or two. In it, I will also keep a list of motivators and a reward sheet. I am going to post a picture of me at the Yahoo site - I'll let you know when it is ready.

Better run - have a good Friday!
Jana
Old 01-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #5  

Default Quickly now...

Wow Jana--

Scrapbook?! I was telling James that I wanted to make one too. Great minds do think alike don't they? I told him that I want to take a photo of myself every first of the month. Wearing the same thing, and see if there is an improvement. (And I sure hope there is!!) Having that done is like an extra incentive to lose the weight!

Ok..I have to get ready for school, classes start in two hours and I still need to take a shower!

Post more later,

Marti

Oh...BTW... I would like a copy of that info of the fast track...unless it come in the magazine.....although... I haven't received one in awhile!! But anyway... I would like one. Thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 03:47 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default T.g.i.f.

Hi ladies and a HAPPY Friday to everyone!

Jana~you and Mary are both welcome! How was the celebration? I just know you guys had a blast! Isn't it great to spend time with DH? For a while I was meeting DH for lunch, of course he was home for the month. We would really like to get away for a weekend together but don't see that happening for a while. What classes are you taking?

Marti~hey great idea and while you are taking photo's of James make sure you have him take some of you! Are you guys going away for the weekend? Did I miss that somewhere?

The scrapbook idea is a great one ladies! I started one last year but haven't added to it in a while-thanks for reminding me! Marti, I also thought about wearing one outfit for the duration to see the results but haven't done that. Of course I haven't lost enough weight yet to actually notice a difference. this year I will though and I will finish the scrapbook. I also thought about putting together a scrapbook of family for the reunion, instead of taking photo albums or taking photo's out of the photo albuma nd forgetting where they go.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all are having a great day and have a wonderful weekend! Take care.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:38 PM   #7  

Good evening ladies--

Cristi--James and I aren't going away for the weekend...I just wanted to go up to the mountains and take some pictures....but now it's pouring outside! Thats no fun! Would start raining for the weekend. But when I do get him up there... I will have him take pics. of me too.

Jana--I have a very high interest in James! But I also like taking pictures. I used to take pictures of Jhanai all the time....then we got the digital camera, and for some reason....I just don't take as many. Which is why I wanted to get the old Camera out. I love taking them in, then getting surprised at how they turned out! I need to get the pictures of Jhanai when she was a baby from her dad. We have doubles, I just never got around going through all the photos albums and seperating them.

Well, I've been doing pilates every night. I forgotten how I missed working out! James and I used to go everyday after work.....my muscles miss me taking care of them! So I'm going to work on getting them back into shape. My gut is fighting me!! It want's to hang around. That's my trouble spot. This is the first time in a long time that I've seen a "spare tire" around my waist! And I don't like the looks of it at all! Not very flattering and I don't want to wear any of the new tops I had bought last summer! I feel I need to hide behind long tops and baggy sweatshirts.

Here is something OT. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and I saw an older couple I knew through my ex-in-laws....they don't remember me at all so I didn't stop to chat. Anyway...they live waaayyyy up in the mountains, I believe on one of the mining claims....and I was looking at the wife. Now this situation I don't understand....she is an extremely large woman....350 plus....she purposely got this large to claim for disability. Now, I understand that it's their own business to do what they want to do, but I don't think it's good for her health..(she's shorter than me and I'm 5'!) Now I wasn't feeling sorry for her in the sense of her weight, and I wasn't dissing her for the foods she was shopping for..what upset me, was the way her husband treats her. She's so large, she doesn't fit in the cab of the truck...so she travels in the bed. How can he just throw her in the back of the truck and think that this lifestyle is good? It has to be somewhat humiliating! I asked my M-I-L years ago how the woman feels, and she said that this woman doesn't think anything of it. But does she really? They own a small pickup truck....couldn't he at least get a larger one so she is up front with him? I just don't understand it. The husband is not large at all. They told me years ago that since they live way out on mining claim that they don't have jobs, they just live off what ever gold he finds, (which can't be too much) which is why she does this. I had no idea what to say to that. I just felt sad thinking that this can't be her idea. And they are well known in town so it isn't like they hide themselves. I was honestly surprised to see her yesterday, it's been many many years since I've seen them, I would have thought that she would have tired of that kind of living.

But I suppose that is all none of my business. I just wanted to see her husband show her more respect by not having her ride in the back of the truck!

Ok....enough of my rambling. It's friday and I want to catch up on all homework and not have to worry about it for the rest of the weekend. Hope you're all enjoying your friday!!

Take Care
Marti
Old 01-23-2004, 11:23 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I won't be able to be here in the morning, so here I am now, instead.

Cristi - the celebration was lots of fun! Mary got mostly money for gifts, which she needs because she was pregnant last summer and had just given birth the summer before, so she needs some new clothes. She has her shape back, and looks great. I will bring my scrapbook when we meet and hope everyone else does too.

Marti - it IS funny that we both thought of the weight loss scrapbook! Your idea of wearing the same outfit each time is a good one. Awwww, Marti! I feel so sorry for the woman who rides in the bed of the truck! She gets applause from me for braving the world and going out in that thing! I have to say I would never go anywhere, rather than ride in a truck bed! Except a hay ride, maybe, lol! Seriously, tho, my heart goes out to her. Hope you got all your homework done so you can enjoy the weekend. Btw, I'll send you a copy of the WW diet by snail mail.

Neal, Makenzie and I made the quickest trip ever, to Evansville. They have a Disney store there, and so I got 2 more 4-day park hopper tickets. That's 5 total now, and I still need 4 more. All but one of the little kids will get in free, thank goodness! Anyway, we went in the mall, straight to the Dis store, made a quick stop at the carousel for Kenzie and me, and then back home. The bad news is, this store is closing Feb. 16, and then I'll have to get my tickets in Indy.

Gotta run, be good,

Jana
Old 01-24-2004, 01:01 AM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies....
Marti, I don't know what to say about that woman,,,I read your post twice and am a bit shocked.
As for photography...I really would love to get into that...and open a shop catering to plus size women and making them feel comfortable. I would love to do theme pictures...cute, seductive and classy. Black and white pics have always been my favorite. I used to take the boys to the park and chase them around taking pics,,,usually out of 24 ex. only 6-7 pics would turn out. But Ive got some great shots. IVe got one pic that I should of entered into a contest... Tanner had to have been about 2, hes laid back on our couch that had lots of cushions...anyways hes buck naked and holding a bag of cookies...hiding his *willie wonka* and the thing is even in b&w you can see that his lips are covered in chocolate and the look of bliss is well priceless. Im holding out for his wedding...hee hee
Jana are all the Dis stores closing? Our JCS was filmed by (Canadian Broadcast) And aired tonight,,,I missed it...darn And we have hit every newspaper, frontpage!
Tanner has had every teacher from his school either come or coming to see it...happy little camper right now. I was so honoured tonight when I overheard a woman at work talking about seeing this fabulous play last night....her friend asked what it was called and she said JCS...my cashier told them I worked on it. The woman was literally gushing all over me. After she left, my cashier joked that I had my very own groupie now....lol
Well off to bed I go
night all
Angie
Old 01-24-2004, 09:33 AM   #10  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Boy!!! When you're out 4-5 days, you miss a TON!!! My server was down Monday and Tuesday (not that it mattered- this has been a BUSY week.) I'm so sorry that I didn't get to wish you a happy birthday Marti! Here it is:

Happy Birthday Marti!

and also Happy Birthday Mary!

O.k. let's see- where to start- first of all, I finally found a beautiful red Dodge Caravan completely loaded with EVERYTHING! It is sooo huge compared to my Jeep. The kids adore it. They have so much room inside. And it has all of the bells and whistles that I was looking for. It's so funny how God works. I looked on the lot where we usually buy from on Sunday and they only had one stinking van that looked like a throwback to the 60's. So Tim goes up there on Monday and gets the cherry bomb jeep for me to drive after school. He drives up and it's awful on the inside. The interior has rips and it has no fancy features at all like my old one. So I drive it back to the lot and we drive an Xterra or something. Again, I wasn't thrilled, but I liked it o.k. So we are going to take it home for the night and as I drive around the lot, I notice that they have added 4 more vans. So I beg Tim into stopping and at least letting me look- and the last one was absolutely perfect!!! The only thing missing on it are controls on the steering wheel for the radio. Other than that, IT'S LOADED! Needless to say, we have been burning up the road with 2 new vehicles this week which is one reason that I haven't posted. Uh... and BTW.... when we were cleaning out Tim's old truck last week, do y'all wanna know what I found... let me give you a hint... around December 15th I said, "Honey, here's the mail. Will you drop it off at the post office and get some stamps for all my cards?" Tim's reply was, "Yes dear!" Soooo.... if any of you were wondering.... that's why I didn't send you a Christmas card. MEN!

I haven't had to tutor the little boy. THEY LET HIM BACK IN SCHOOL!!! Forget the fact that his dad has had to come and pick him up every day... and now he has found the wonderful pleasures of spitting.... and we had to chase him down a couple of times last week..... and once when I caught him, he tried to kick and bite me..... Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh! I am sooooo sick of this. But they won't put him in ISS (in-school-suspension) because there are a couple of 6th graders in there right now. So frustrating!

And on top of all that, this sweet little girl likes Landon. He has been "dating" her since mid-December. Anyway, one of the main street hoodlums likes her too. So what does he do? On Tuesday after school, I was doing crosswalk duty and Tim comes to pick us up. He's sitting there when Landon comes around the corner of the building with a busted lip. This bully is smaller than Landon and afraid of him but some high schoolers egged him on. Landon is walking with his backpack full of books and a Coke in his hand. This punk runs up BEHIND him, shoves him to the ground, sucker punches him, then runs over to his high school buddies!!! His lip was busted and it knocked a tooth loose! Talk about a momma bear raising some H*LL!!! I was sooo mad. If it were a fair fight, Landon would have stomped his butt. As it was, he knew he couldn't chase him down because the high schoolers would have creamed him. I called the dentist and we lucked out because it was a baby tooth. A couple of the cops on the force are friends of ours and one of them came out. We could have pressed assault charges, but she said that because of the punk's age, he would probably just get a little slap on the wrist and sent home with the attitude that he can do anything he wants and there won't be any consequences for him. The principal was all over him like white on rice the next day. And of course Landon was really upset over the whole incident. He's a tall boy for his age and he's never been in a fight before. He's a really nice little boy and everyone likes him so he's never had any trouble. Of course, the punk goes to school telling everyone that Landon jumped in his face and wanted to fight so he whipped him. Landon lucked out though because there were about 4 witnesses that quickly told everyone that he was a chicken little punk who back jumps and sucker punches because he knew he couldn't beat him in a fair fight. So it backfired on that bad boy!

Well, kids and DH are up so I need to get off here. See y'all later. BTW I'm glad your DS is o.k. Cristi!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:35 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Angie - I asked the clerk at the Dis store where the nearest store would be after they closed in Evansville, and she said Indy, St. Louis and Louisville. So they aren't all closing. I heard that Walmart is buying them all, though, but that may just be a rumor. Wow, you and Tanner both are celebrities now! I am so happy for you both! Wish I could come see the play.....

Kayecee - good to hear from you! Now you and I both have red vans, lol. About the Christmas cards, at least we know you tried, girlfriend! It's the thought that counts. Sorry about Landon's fight! It's good he had some witnesses. I'm a firm believer in "What goes around, comes around" so the dirty little punk who did this will get his someday when he least expects it!

Marti - the WW Fast Track is on it's way to you via snail mail. The thing is, at your low weight, it may not be as effective for you.... give it a look and see what you think.

I decided there was no reason to wait until Monday to begin WW FT since I am in the mood to begin, so keep me in your prayers!

Ladies, I have to tell you that I don't open forwarded email at Neal's request. A while back, Katie got a virus in her's that killed the whole computer, and we had to pay $$ to get it fixed. So as much as I'd love to open them, could you just not send the forwarded ones? Everytime I have to delete them, I wonder what I missed out on! It's a shame that there are crazy psychos out there that have to ruin it for others!!

I am tackling Mt. Washmore again today but mainly just goofing off watching music videos with Katie on VH1 and CMT.

Better run, be good!

Jana
Old 01-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #12  

Morning everybody--

Kayecee--Good to hear from you. And thank you for the birthday wishes! So you got a luxury van eh? Ooh... I can see you now...both you and DH driving side by side getting the feel of your new vehicles, hand in hand! I am glad that you got a nice vehicle. Everybody deserves something nice! James is wanting to buy me a new car in the next year. I don't know why though. I love my supra. It fits me nicely. And it's sporty. But I won't complain if we actually do.

Jana--Why are they closing the Dis store? Are they not getting enough business? We have one in one or our malls. I used to go in there a lot when my dd was very little. I still like going in there, but the prices are so outrageous on some things and I would love to buy a few things in there!!

Angie--B/W photos are fun! And you get such great results on some of them too! I think we should each post a favorite photo of our kids sometime!! Go through all our pictures then find three that we like and post! That ought to be fun. And if you don't have kids around... then post some of your favorites of your family. What do you girls think? I will have to go through my pictures.

Shanna--How you doing? You're still being shy girl!

Cristi--I got your e-mail about those drawings. Aren't they incredible? I would love to draw that good. I used to be so good in high school. I even had some of my artwork published in a magazine they had for all schools....got to be presented with an award and everything. Just wish I knew what picture it was that they published!! (memory draws a blank!) No pun intended!!

When I was pregnant with my son, I drew a picture of a puppy on it's mothers back and had it framed. Then I gave it to his mom-to-be....and she hung it in his nursery. I felt proud of that. Now...with soooo many years of not using the talent... I don't do so well. I draw ok... but I don't have that inspiration you get when you start to draw or paint. I always felt this ...I can't explain it.. a feeling I get when I want to draw or paint. I just can't pick up a pencil or paintbrush and just do it. Crazy I know.

Well.. I hope you all have a great weekend. I will check in later.

Have fun.
Marti
Old 01-24-2004, 09:52 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Good evening ladies,

Marti- the Dis store in Evansville is a joke. Mostly what it has is stuffed animals and kids clothes. Very few adult clothes, few movies, not many fun things! But at least it was closer than Indy!

We are expecting an ice storm later tonight so Neal went to town for milk and bread. My internet line goes balookey with just a stiff breeze; an ice storm may totally shut me down!

Day 1 of WW FT is done and successful! We had baked Tilapia fish for supper, and it was really good! I sprinkled just a tad (less than 1/2 tsp.) of Italian bread crumbs on each fillet for some extra flavor. Neal is being a sweetie by doing this with me.

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Well, gotta run, see you tomorrow,
Jana
Old 01-25-2004, 02:39 AM   #14  

Just a quick pop in tonight.

Went to town today and bought the pups some "healthy" food from the "Healthy Pet" store. I told James that if they're going to have a healthy diet,,, then we need to follow suit! He agreed. Of coarse we were terrible and went to a Ford Grill restaurant or cafe (whichever you want to call it) and had milkshakes. I orders a grilled chicken sandwhich and ate half. Felt guilty enough having the milkshake.

Bought myself another pilates video tape. It's 70 mins. long. I've enjoyed the short one I had and I wanted something that lasted longer. We shall see how I survive this video. It's for beginners so it shouldn't be too bad.

Well,, I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

I will chat tomorrow.
Marti
Old 01-25-2004, 10:26 AM   #15  

Morning Ladies! (and I use that term loosely! ) Nothing much on this end. Bought a few groceries and got some wood. One of the men that Tim did a job for is building a cedar log cabin so he told us that we could have all of the scrap that we wanted. It smells soooo heavenly. For some reason, the smell of cedar has always driven me nuts. hee hee Then we went to BIL for nickel poker. Tim and I lost about $3.75 all together. But we sure ate good! We had crawdads (yuk! not me!) snow crab, fried shrimp, steamed shrimp, corn on the cob, potatoes, ..... I could go on but I'm getting hungry! We brought the crab, shrimp, and propane so with our losses, we spent about 40 bucks- which is about what we spend at a nice restaurant, but this is soooo much more fun! Has anyone ever made snow crab? It's so easy that I couldn't believe it the first time I made it!

Jana- Well it's nice to see that we have the same taste! What kind of van is yours? Is the WW fast track the same as the Wendie plan for WW? I wondered how that worked. I hope you do well on it. I hope your ice storm isn't too bad. Our temp is 45 degrees here right now, so I don't think I have to worry about it heading our way. I hope your server doesn't freeze (pardon the pun) It would be the pits to be iced in with nothing much to do. At least with the puter, you can play a game or talk to us. Good luck and be safe!

Marti- If you get a new vehicle next year, why don't you try a red van? I hear that very tasteful people buy them. As for the drawing thing, it doesn't sound nuts. Everyone at school comes to me when they need a poem because I can usually crank one out on the spot. BUT they also know that my "muse" has to be on. A couple of times a year, my "muse" seems to freeze for a few days. I don't know why that happens. I've always wanted to write a book, but I'm afraid I'll get it halfway done and my "muse" will decide to leave and not come back! I'd love to see something you've done.

Angie, Cristi, Shanna, and anyone else out there- how's it going with y'all?

Does anyone have a good and tasty recipe for salmon steaks? I've never tried salmon before and we are on such a seafood kick around here, that I bought some yesterday and now I don't know what to do with them. Gotta go and get some housework done. I swear I haven't had a chance to do a thing all week and now it looks like a toy box threw up in here. (And we won't even discuss Mount Washmore!) See y'all later.
Closed Thread