Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:46 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Flying Cows with hanging guts and butts

i have no reason to name a new thread,but there you have it!!---ALSO---six of us are going to Denver to step dd's graduation in May====and i have to know from you ladies!!!!WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET CHEAP TICKETS?????WE want to leave from Bangor so we can get the cheaper American Flights---does anyone use Expedia,or Cheaptickets or one of these places or should i get a travel agent from bangor or WHAT is the cheapest thing to do-====we don't want to pay five thousand dollars for airfare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP HELP HELP THE FLYING COW WITH THE PENDULOUS UNDERHANGINGS!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Dahling Dahling Calm yourself!!!!!!!!! Don't limit your search for airline tix to Bangor -- it is one of the most expensive places to fly out of. But I always use Expedia when I'm looking for cheap flights. I haven't tried Cheaptickets, but that would probably work just as well. Actually you should contact a ticket agent in your city because they might have other options you haven't thought of--maybe a direct flight from your area to connections in Boston or Chicago or something.

Gotta run. Kiwi

P.S. Love the udderly charming thread title
Old 01-19-2004, 12:39 PM   #3  

Bagzie, I wish I could give you advice, but since I never travel I can't tell you how to get the cheap tickets. I can tell you how to get the cheap train tickets to see the garden show - Go to the Seattle visitor's website and click on the Amtrak thingie. Get 2 for one coupon. Then check out Seattle super saver website for hotel specials. This year I'm going with my entire Bunco group!!!!! Won't that be fun???? A dozen yakity women on the move. I'm in charge of making arrangements. Yikes!

I'm so relieved to hear that Peaches cookware problem has been solved. Your friend sounds like a handy person to know.

I'm trying to remember what were the subjects in the last thread, but my brain doesn't work that well. Refresh my memory.

Oh, except I love the slenderinas - I have always had slenderinas even when the rest of me has been anything but.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:00 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default where oh where would i be without my focus group of cows???

darlings---it is so nice to know that you can just come on the computer and rant and rave,and then go and do your boring chores and come back hereand find wonderful people commenting on your deranged chatter------THANK YOU FOR THAT----KIWI---all the Canadian Flight prices are AT LEAST twice the price of American---that's why we must cross the border----do you think portland would be better????
Old 01-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #5  

This is boringly On Topic, so scroll if you must - I got a copy of Shape magazine's Hot Dance Hits on cd. I dug out my kid's portable cd player and went walking at the park. It makes all the difference in the world! I walked for 2 miles fast and it was actually fun! Hopefully I'll have enough daylight left after work today to do it again.

I'm up about 4 pounds. I've got to get a grip. So far today, I've been good. So far. So good.

I subscribed to Fitness magazine. Will that help?

What is everyone else doing to advance the weight loss agenda?
Old 01-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

we have a weight loss agenda???oh yeaaaaaaaaaah----Perfect NINETY NINE!!!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 AM   #7  

Default Bagzz/Boobs/Droopy Bits

It pays to shop around. By all means look at Expedia, Travelocity, etc. Travelocity is nice because it actually lists the real airline you'd use... Cheap Tickets and some of the others make you order your tickets "blind"... and there are a few airlines I just wouldn't ever use.
When I was trying to price tickets from Dallas to St. Petersburg it was around $800 at first with TWO connections.... Then I thought... well, maybe Tampa'd be better. Direct flight only $200 something. I think you're on the right track checking it out with friends... AND don't hesitate to get your room reservation. DS graduating from Indiana U (in the middle of hardly anyplace/Bloomington... and when I called about rooms for MAY (in August) the Holiday Inn people just laughed at me... had to take rooms 20 miles away.

Re movies... If Cold Mountain is too dark, whatabout Big Fish... I understand it's weird.... or Love Actually or any of the likely Academy nominees... Hope you and DH have a happy celebration.

We DO have a weight loss agenda.
And I think if we don't get to it, we'll all be sorry. I know that I want to see what y'all LOOK like (besides those cutesy avatar thingy's) but I don't want to SHOW you my mug until it doesn't have 4 chins.

Anybody know how to get smilies into the journal entries?
Old 01-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #8  

I like to hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

I'm in a snit with my DH. He gave me a list of vacation days he has assigned us for the year. One 4 day fishing trip in BC, Canada for him. One entire week at the rodeo for him (I only go for a 3 day weekend). A week off in August for the 2 of us. No week on a cruise ship for the 2 of us!!! He says we can't afford it. Which I know, but what's with only a measly week of vacation for me? And of course I can take another week somewhere, but by myself??? That wouldn't be any fun. Who wants to meet me in Las Vegas? I just feel like I haven't had any fun lately and I need some fun!!!!!I'm starting to feel all weepy and pissy.

I didn't go walking after work yesterday. I ate 3 chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I haven't lost any pounds. I'm feeling bluuuuuue whine. whine. whine. snivel.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Aw, Wabbit, that's not fair -- 3 vacations for him/1.2 for you? Not fair not fair. Men are so strange; just when you have them all figured out they go and have a brain f**t and do something even more insensitive or insane than ever. We were talking about vacations the other day too; DH has 4 weeks this year and we are already taking a week to go to NYC (April, that's 3 months for me to get svelte--notice how quickly I shift from Fit by Feb to that?), we will probably go to NC for Christmas, leaving 2 weeks for him to plan in the summer. Nothing unusual here, same ol', same ol' -- then out of the blue he's talking about Shouldn't we do a big family trip to someplace exotic before DD graduates high school? Like the Galapagos or Ireland or France or Yuahaca (sp?) or something. Huh? Mr. Tightwad wants to globe-trot. Should we let DD bring a friend? I swear I think he's getting Alzheimer's or something.

Oy.

Painty, I forgot about Travelocity; that's the one I usually use -- I was thinking that was the same as Expedia. It takes time, but it does have a good search feature. You can tell it to find other airports in the same area at cheaper prices, which might work well, Bagz. You know, plug in Bangor, but tell it to look for other airports.

We ended up seeing Paycheck, just because that's what we were in the mood for. It was fun. Love Actually's not playing here. I'm annoyed at the local movie theaters anyway (when I say local, I mean those within a 75 mile radius ) -- one of the "cheap seats" theaters switched from second run features to first run, which means they are playing the exact same thing as the big theater, so now we have 6 fewer options of movies. Suck.

Gotta go research music camps for DD. BBS (be back soon)

Oh, I don't journal, so I don't know about the smilies. Ask on the Journal problems forum.

Kiwi
Old 01-20-2004, 04:08 PM   #10  

Quote:
Should we let DD bring a friend?
Yes, I will be DD's friend. That would solve the problem of my vacation.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #11  

Wabby, come to Texas... but come in the winter.... so you don't get cooked. Stock show/rodeo was last weekend. Or come in October so you can drink and go to the STATE FAIR OF TEXAS. And then in Spring there's the international Mary Kay convention. Big hair and pink cadillacs. Weeee haaaaaaaaaaaw. Or just come visit.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #12  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I want to go to the Mary Kay convention. I'm going to get my Aqua Net and rat tailed comb so I can start getting ready right now. I hope they have better makeup than Merle Norman.

I'm on my way to hockey. My boys' teams play each other tonight. Sugar or Cherry are probably the only ones who would understand why they can't be on the same team....I mean besides the fact that is makes it more difficult for me. They are TOO competitive.

I only have 1 1/2 more weeks of my current servitude left. I prefer to watch The Daily Show at 10AM....and I am completely behind on my Law and Order on TNT schedule. Can't wait.

Wabby, so unfair about the vacations. We should be planning our trip to Paris...or at least to Las Vegas.

Gotta go.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:41 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I don't know how it will happen but i do see a meeting of the herd in our future-------i am sure you will all join me in agreement---------WE WOULD HAVE A BALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!AND I of course would try not to drink the entire time,so i could remember what fun it was.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:02 AM   #14  
fatter than U

Talking What I want to know is...

...are they gonna throw Martha in the slammer ( those vertical stripes are sooooooo slimming!) and will she still be able to do her show from there?

Did weights on Sunday and 30 mins on the elliptical (yesssss, Wabby, I do actually use it sort of regularily) on Monday. Was a slug yesterday. May do something today. Or not.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:21 AM   #15  
fatter than U

I'm afraid I'm not even old enough to know about Aqua Net or rat tailed combs. Remember Dippity Doo? I loved that stuff. Spit curls 'r' us.

Last edited by SugP; 01-21-2004 at 07:36 AM.
Closed Thread