Old 01-18-2004, 05:26 PM   #31  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi there

I've been lurking for a few days and keeping up with your posts and i wondered if i could join in too i've also looked at the kinetix website and it looks very motivational i like the exercise part..how they show you how to do it thats important to me..making sure that i'm doing the exercise right I'm not following any particular plan..just counting cals. I'm really bad for not drinking water so i'd like to take part in that challenge too.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:54 PM   #32  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Let me know if you want the thread moved into the Support Group Forum and it shall be done.
at my Canadian buds!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #33  
stbakd

welcome cathy more thee merrier.
ruth: belated
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:32 PM   #34  

I think moving the thread is a good idea since we seem to be growing...isnt it great that there is so many of us!...Welcome Cat and RuthXXX thanks for the help!!.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:35 PM   #35  

Hello Cathy!

Welcome aboard

Where are we being moved to?

Cheers,

M.
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 08:00 PM   #36  

Lets have a vote...who wants to go to support forum? or Alternachicks...or even move at all?

My vote is for Support groups easier for eveyone to find...even though I am a fan of alternachicks......
Old 01-18-2004, 08:13 PM   #37  

Hey cat...I know what you mean about the water...its hard for me...but take it from Zanne do it for a week and you will crave it...put lemon or lime it and not only does it taste better but you have less a chance of retaining it of you miss a glass or two.

Hefti...how are the veggies..I hate raw veggies so I cook mine I figure if I eat it that way its better than none at all. I steam them so I do not lose much of the vitamins. Is anyone talking a multi vitamin? I do. (well most days anyway). I am really starting everything tomorrow I have been getting my motivation to start from you guys and I am thankful and even looking forward to it. I am going to post my progress as well as my slips...Lets all make a commitment to be honest and we can help each other through the cravings and get back on track if we need to!

In the last few years I went from having a huge amount of friends to down to very few, if any at all. I dont know what happened but I think its because I started to focus on work and family that I seemed to let people go and now I realize that I need friends in my life. What also happened was the people I considered friends were really only there when I wanted to party and now I am in a different place and need someone to talk to instead of drink with and they didnt like that too much...made them look at themselves. This is the reason I am greatful for this site. Everyone is different but going through the same thing. I feel like I have another family...okay enough being corny I got water to drink!
Old 01-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #38  

Hi Everyone,
I am one Day 4 of Atkins and am starting to settle in to the program.
I have met several people recently who have lost so much weight you have to ask and it seems they all are on Atkins.
Even my sister who has lost a ton of weight this year finally atmitted it was the Atkins WOE that did it.
I also really enjoy pilates and my elliptical trainer.
I lost some on WW and gained a bit back onmy vacation but need to lose another 35 pounds.Its a rainy but warm day here on the island but I feel for you Gals back East.
Bundle Up!
Brenda
VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 08:11 AM   #39  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Moving thread to Support Groups leaving a redirect in Buddy Up this time. Sorry!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:20 AM   #40  

Default New home for us!

I hope everyone finds their way back..

Its day one for me and this morning I weighed in at a whopping 181lbs! And hopefully it will be the last time I am at that weight. I was good and brought my lunch and have dinner planned out already. My biggest challenge today will be drinking all the water. I have 3 meetings and do not want to have to run out every five minutes. But I will if I have to. MUST DRINK MY WATER!

Its a cold morning again but not as bad a last week. My TTC adventure this morning was not as bad as usual and I even arrived 30 minutes early. Well its time to start my day at work. I shall post this evening to see how are all doing.

Have a great day!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #41  

I'm here!

So today is really nasty out, but I will get a good workout shoveling out the driveway when I get home!!

I'm working on my first 1.5L of water...how about everyone else? Doing good?

Weigh-in is on Wed....and I'm not so sure how I did, only time will tell
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #42  

I am just leaving work...had a good day behaved myself and drank my water....only one coffee today! I will post more this evening. I hope everyone finds us.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:05 PM   #43  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hi everyone, just checking in to let you all know I found ya. Busy night so I am just doing a little recipe investigating then gotta go. Have agreat day everyone
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:08 PM   #44  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls & Glen Thanks for the Welcome.

Trixi, I already use the lemon and lime trick and its the only way that i can drink it i even have it hot with lemon in the morning if i feel too cold to drink cold water

I've been out shopping so i've only had one bottle of water today while i treadmilled but i'll do better tomorrow..i don't want to start drinking too much of it now as i will spend most of the night visiting the 'can' and i do that enough already While i was at Walmart i found the Kinetix range of shakes and bars so i bought two boxes of the bars to try..they are only small but i had one of the peanut choc ones earlier and it was'nt bad at all..could'nt find any peanuts in it tho' funny how the pic on the box always looks better than the actual thing.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #45  

Cat: thats great about the water. Today was my first official day back on my program. Last week I weighed myself...for motivation. I knew had I gained in the last little while but when I got on the scale I found I had gained 17 pounds since the last time I was on a diet. Man I got depressed and I immediately logged on here. Didn't do much for the last week (but the water) as today was going to be my start date. But when I woke up this morning and got on the scale (buck naked) I had already dropped 6 of those pounds! I dont know why or how it happped but Ill take it!

Today I drank all my water went to the ladies room every 20 minutes but siiting here at the end of the day knowing that I have done everything I set out to do this morning and I feel great! Work was really busy (five meetings overall) came home cooked hamburgers for the family and fish for me (saved some for my lunch tomorrow) did the dishes, put the laundry away, helped daughter with homework (she had tons) and showered and now I can sit here and relax!

All in all, I had a great day and hope you all have had one as well. My goal this week is to continue getting use to the eating (good foods) and not having any alcohal and next week my goal will be to start incorporating exercise into my daily routine (Zanne: Never got a chance to go to the library this weekend).

Hockeychic : Hope you found a recipe worth trying!

MeRoMo: Finish shoveling yet? I am lucky its the one chore I can actually get hubby to do! Though might be good if I tried it once on awhile seems like a good workout.

Night all!