Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #16  

Sherry wish drew a Happy 16th Birthday. That's a big one. We don't need to celabrate my birthday before I leave cause I would have withdrawl symptoms without you all. I will be logging in from PV. I will check in around my b-day and see what's up. How is your depression lately? Sherry I paid special attention to looking at the banner this time. You are so wonderful to do that for us. You make us feel very welcome. Thanks.

Shelley another birthday girl in your family. Wish Patty a happy birthday. I hope that she has a lovely day.

Vicki it would be wonderful to meet in person. I do believe one day we will. I can't wait for that day.

Gayle I haven't had a chance to check out the product yet but one litre is a quart. There is 250 ml in a cup. Four litres in a gallon. That will help you with the volume.

I am a busy little bever trying to get everything packed and done before we leave. I sure am going to miss my daily visits with you girls.

Better get going.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:08 PM   #17  
Losing it!

So dee, do I say I want to come over for 250 ml of tea??? Instead of a cup of tea? LOL!!

Don't worry about checking into that other stuff. With shipping from Canada, it's probably more then I'd like to spend plus what I'm using now works pretty decent. Thank you though!
Old 01-14-2004, 04:09 PM   #18  

LMAO, Gayle that is so funny. Yes please come for a 250 mils of tea.....I would love to see you.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #19  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHERYL!! I forgot just how young you are!! I am old enough to be your mother!

Tina-I've been here for 2 or 3 years. I've never talked to anyone, but have sent and received cards.

Gayle-I didn't realize that you had talked to Dee before. Who called who? Is it expensive to call Canada? I'd love to talk to each of you sometime. I still believe that one day we will all meet.

Sherry-Get walking, girl!!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:46 PM   #20  

Shelly I called Gayle one night when Larry was away and I was lonely. I knew that she is a night owl and I wouldn't be getting her out of bed. Allison is like her mommy too. She was up very late. I called Gayle and pretended that I was this french canadian girl......I think that she just about hung up on me. Then I told her who I was. My call was almost 94 minutes. It cost $34.00. It was worth every penny.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:02 PM   #21  

Hey

Shelley,
I laughed so hard about your panties today! I was going to ask if they were THONGS too but Gayle beat me to it!!!

Dee,
Hmmmm..... So you & Gayle talked for 94 minutes huh? Did ya'll talk about us????!! I KNEW my ears were burning!!!! LOL!! BTW: Since you'll be checking here while you're gone we'll wait to celebrate on your special day!

Debbie,
I'm glad you feel some better today!! You sounded much better on the phone!! Continue to get well girl!!

Tina,
The only one that I know face-to-face is Debbie. We have been best friends for 7 years. She lives in Pleasant View. The rest of us have became like best friends and I can't wait to meet them all!!! After years of being on here, I feel like they are my family!! One day we WILL all meet!!!!

Cheryl,
I hope you're having a great b/day!!!!!!

BTW ALL:
I wrote the Oprah show about a year ago and told them all about us but never got a reply!! Maybe we all should write!! She does have a website!!!

OK...gotta was dishes......TaDa for now...

Hugs...
Old 01-15-2004, 12:56 AM   #22  
Losing it!

yep, one night Dee called me. I almost hung up on her thinking it was a foreign telemarketer, then she started laughing. Even after she told me who she was, I couldn't believe it!!! She probably thinks I'm a crazy lady, I really couldn't even carry on a decent conversation, I was just in shock to think she called! Wow, Dee, I wondered how much that phone bill was adding up to. Larry will never leave again! BTW: She called so she could hear how this Kansas hick talks!

And YES! We did discuss everyone, but only nice things were said. Otherwise your ears would of been burning!

Maybe we should send a letter to good ol' Dr. Phil. He could have us on the show as a weight loss support group or on the subject of building internet friendships. I really don't care if it's Oprah or him, just as long as we end up with an all expense's paid trip and could FINALLY meet each other!!!

How many of you have a microphone hooked up to your computer? What do you think about doing an audio chat? I can check into it if there's enough interest.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:32 AM   #23  

Gayle-I used to have audio on my computer, but I'll have to ask Mike if I still do. He is always doing stuff to all the computers in the house, so I never know.

Sherry-Don't forget you also met with Titan Dee when she was in Tennessee last year. Where has she been anyway???

Tina-Last years birthday celebration for Dee was an all day virtual pool party! We had a blast! As you can tell, we are a crazy bunch!

Dee-Are you packed and ready to go yet? I'm sure you'll be walking the beaches readily and keeping track of your mileage.

Off to work.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #24  
Losing it!

Hi girls!!! just reporting my loss for the week: #3. So as of the first of the year, I'm down #7. My desire for sweets is almost completely gone and I am able to stay in control (for now) I'm not having near the appetite that I usually do. Low carbing seems to be working for me to keep my blood sugar in check. If today is anyone else's weigh-in, keep us updated!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #25  

Hi, I agree it would be fun to see Oprah or Dr Phil. Even if I was just in the audience. Me and my mom chat on AOL instant messenger (you don't have to have AOL to get it now) and there is a button on there where you can talk to each other. It is pretty neat.

I agree with the low carbing. My appetite is way down. Now I am afraid I am not eating enough LOL What a change!!

I weigh in tomorrow crossing my fingers and hoping for anything even 1 pound will make me happy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Tina
Old 01-15-2004, 06:11 PM   #26  

Shelley I can't wait to be walking the beaches. You are so lucky that you have that chance anytime you want.

Sherry I will definitely be checking in on my birthday. I will check in in the morning and hopefully at night as long as Larry doesn't forse to many Pina Coladas down me.

It was pamper The Princess today. Got my teeth cleanned, went for a fake a bake, a pedicure and yes GAYLE a brazilian waxing......oh my god I can't believe I did that, or even told you ( I suppose the whole world,too). It was all your idea. It wasn't really painful but I was somewhat embarrassed til I met the lady that did it. She put me at ease. Now I am ready for sex on the beach. Larry has no clue that I did this.....I will try to keep it from him til we get there.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #27  

Dee and Gayle-I have no idea what that kind of waxing is, but from the sound of it, must be x-rated!

Tina-I listed something on ebay. Should be interesting. I don't know if I will get any hits or not, but we'll see. I did a reserve, so I guess I don't have to sell it if the reserve isn't met. I don't quite understand it all. Do you have to sell the item to the highest bidder if you don't set a reserve on it? For instance, I am selling a vintage Gucci purse with a minimum of $10.00 bid on it and a reserve of $49.99. If it doesn't hit the reserve, I don't have to sell it, but what if I hadn't done a reserve and 1 person bid $10.00 in the 7 days it's listed. Am I required to sell it? Thanks for any of your help. I am very new at this, and it's just kind of a new hobby I'm starting.

Gayle-Good for you on the 3 lb. loss.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:35 AM   #28  
Losing it!

Shelley, a brazilian wax was mentioned here on the thread a few months ago. I have never experienced it, but I know alot of people who prefer it over shaving. Hmmm...how do I put this...imagine waxing the legs, getting to the thighs, but you keep going on up...
On auction, you can start the bid at whatever you would like. Say I listed an item at a $5.00 opening bid, then if I ended up with only one person bidding, I would need to sell it for the $5.00 to the bidder. On a reserve auction, you are not required to sell the item if it doesn't reach the reserve price. Although, if it isn't at the reserve at the end of the auction and you've had a change of heart with the price, you can contact the highest bidder and see if they are still interested.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:02 AM   #29  

Gayle,
I don't have any sound on my computer. I have windows 2000 and my sound card isn't compatiable with with 2000. I just haven't had the money to go buy one.

Have fun if ya'll talk!! Let's all try to set up a night where we can chat in this chat room here also. Sound good to everyone????

When would be a good chat night for everyone? We used to do this a long time ago and it was fun!!!

Anyone up for this?

Gotta get ready for work.... Have a great OP day!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #30  
Losing it!

Do you all want to do a chat here, Wednesday night? No audio, just typing our little fingers away! Dee will be gone, but maybe we can do a chat later with her too?
Closed Thread