Old 01-12-2004, 02:49 PM   #1  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Default Mommas on a Mission

Well, hello to you out there.

I hope you're all still there

Hi Christie, Leanne, and Ricci

How have you all been? Well, I was away for most of this mess, but I thought it would be fixed by the time I got back, but it wasn't, wow. Must have been some crash.

Well, I don't know if you got the message I left before, but I had the surgery and it went well. I've recovered quite well On Jan 7th I was 189.5, I had lost 3.5 pounds in 6 days. I have gained 1.5 pounds since I went in for surgery, but I do think it's just from the surgery as my abdomen is still rather distended. But I still am 2 pounds less than New Years, so I'm still happy.

So how have you all been fighting the battle of the bulge? I'm sure you're all doing well as you have done so well in the past. But every pound is a fight eh. I wish it was easy, but it's not meant to be I guess.

Well, I should go as I'm doing laundry, been gone for 4 days and now I need to clean the mess. I need some magical help..........
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:01 PM   #2  
A Mom

Question

Hey what's up with that? I was checking out other threads and saw that you've been on since the 7th. I have been away for several days and tried to get on last night and I couldn't. It said something about the server and the crash......hmmmmm......I don't know

Sorry I've been gone so long, it couldn't be helped
Old 01-12-2004, 03:15 PM   #3  
soontobethin

Hey all,
I haven't been working out. I hurt my back in a major way. Not sure what i did, I suppose it was lifting weights. I have been still drinking my water and eating like I have been, and haven't gained any weight. I hope I can exercise in a day or two. I miss it. I hope you all are doing well. Diana, glad to hear your surgery went well. Talk to you all later.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:23 PM   #4  
A Mom

Hi Ricci
Sorry to hear about your back, I hope it heals up soon. Take it easy for a while, but don't let it seize up. Keep up with the water and diet and maybe you'll lose some weight slowly. I biked today, it didin't bother my incision at all I am very ahppy with that.
Well, have a good evening.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #5  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Here I Am...

Hi LAdies

Diana, not to worry here I am....

I am just back to the gym now, starting weight training and training for my run...(okay it is now the OFFICIAL start to my run training...)
My diet is still the same as it is still working well for me, and because I am so used to it, seems very easy and it is what I consider more "normal" eating...
I weighed in today at 144.4..YAY!! So far I am down 70.6lbs and loving it!
I still have about 14-20 lbs left, but I will be losing it slower as I am trying to build muscle and TONE UP this mangled body of mine. My pre-pregnancy clothes finally fit, so I have been playing "fashion show", some of my clothes still have the tags on them because I bought them last year then got pregnant and FAT.
Things in my life seem to be getting better....I am able to play with my boys, handle stress better and keep the house somewhat organized because I am not concentrating on food, food, food, nor am I OBSESSED with dieting....I honestly feel so much better than I have in a LONG time...
Okay, enough from me...
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday.
Ricci- so sorry to hear about the back, but great news that you are sticking to good eating. Stay positive!

Leanne
SW 215
CW 144.4 YEAH BABY!!
GW 125-130
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Lost my post ;( I had a long one too...
Well I am just gonna try this...if it sticks I will post again
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:02 PM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

Ok now I will try again

Ricci- Sorry to hear about your back..I know how frustrating it is when that happens But it looks like you are doing just great on the water and food , so you will be just fine I am sure and healed before you know it

Diana- Glad to see surgery went well way to go on the 2 pounds

Leanne- LOOK AT YOU !!!! The incredible shrinking woman You go girl !!!!!!!!!!

Well guys the laundry is a calling ...will check in later and keep up the awsome work ladies
Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #8  
A Mom

Hi all

Christie, I've lost posts before as well and it really sucks. My sympathy is with you. How are things going with the South Beach Diet? Can you sum up how it works in a sentence or two?

Ricci, how's the back? I hope it heals up fast for you

Leanne, you wonderwoman you, I'm truly happy for you that you're feeling so good now. I'm looking forward to having energy and being able to do stuff again. It will be nice.

Well, I exercised yesterday and today. Yeah for me. Sad thing is that I ate almost all my points already today. I only have 6 left. It's my own fault. And I didn't even enjoy eating it all Good thing we're having porkchops for supper becasue I don't really care for them that much.

Well, I hoep you all do well today, I'll check in again tonight.

Diana
Old 01-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #9  
Losing on the Beach

Hey Diana,
I absolutley LOVE the SBD....in a nutshell, It is like atkins except there are more carbs for 2 weeks but no fruits or breads...then it moves to a phase 2 which includes those things but still no regular sugars...there is a food list on this forum under SBD that gives the lists of foods...one thing for certain I am NEVER hungry and I am losing pounds and inches Hope this helps remember there are lots of 0 point foods you can use to get over the hump tonight !!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #10  
A Mom

I'll have to check it out on this site.
How are you doing with no sugar? I'm a severe sugaraholic. I don't think I could cut out sugar. I incorporate my sweets into WW, with 1 point cookies. Are you doing better on SBD than on WW?
Well, I should be off to bed.
Diana
Old 01-14-2004, 11:45 AM   #11  
soontobethin

Hello,
My back is healed completely. I missed working out so much. I did get my workout this morning, and decided to jump on here before working on the house. Christie and Leanne, you guys are doing great. I wish I was losing weight that quickly. I did try on some shorts this morning from last summer, and they were waaaaaaaaaaaay too big. Yeah. Can't wait to go shopping.Diana, I too am a sugarholic. I have cut back on sweets and sugar in general, but sometimes I just need a candy bar. You too seem to be doing well on losing weight. Keep it up girls. Chat at you later.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:27 PM   #12  
Losing on the Beach

Diana- I am doing WAY better with the south beach and WW combined! I do get to incorperate fruits and whole grains back in my diet in about 4 days ...And my sugar cravings were gone after the first five days...and I am one of the worst sugarholics there ever was I used to eat 1 pt candy all day and hardly ate real food just so sugar and I could be together

Ricci- Glad to see your healed .....and way to go on those shorts!!! Feels great doesnt it
Old 01-15-2004, 12:12 AM   #13  
A Mom

Cute smilies, eh

Congrats Ricci on the shorts, that kind of engouragement is just as good or even better than numbers going down on the scale I'm glad your back is better, that sure didn't take too long. Some back injuries take so long to heal. But even a day with a sore back is too long.

Christie, maybe I could try that some day, or try Leanne's diet. They seem to work for you two. I know jsut what you mean, I find that I eat less good food so that I can eat my cookies and other sugar. I know that's not good for me either. I didn'treally realize that I was doing it Maybe now I can try to get more of that food group in.

Well, tomorrow is my official weigh in day. I'll be down, as I have now become a sclae addict like the rest of you. But we'll have to see how much. I also have WW tomorrow evening. I'll jsut go for the weigh in as I'm going ot a Postpartum Depression Support Group in the evening. The first time I'm going. I've been doing better for a month now, haven't been thinking of suicide. My self worth is still low, but my outlook is not so bleak anymore. Well,

Do you weigh tomorrow as well Christie, you used to right?

Well, goodnight
Diana
Old 01-15-2004, 09:32 AM   #14  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Suggestions...

Okay ladies,

I KNOW those sugar cravings can be BRUTAL, yet I will tell you what always helps me...Sometimes, you just need something sweet right?? Okay, when this happens I'll buy Cinnamon Dentyne OR Orange TicTacs, and Believe it or not a few pieces of gum or a few tictacs actually do the trick.,...both are LOW LOW on sugar and calories, but give me just enough sugar to satisfy me..
Okay, I hope this helps... Sugar can be a monster sometimes.

I did weight training yesterday on my lower body and BOY AM I SORE...BUT, I am going to work through the pain and run today...
Hope everyone is having a GREAT thursday!

Leanne

CW - I didnt step on the scale today, we'll see tomorrow!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:37 AM   #15  
Made my Goal weight!

Default HEre you go...

This is a HUGE step for me....

This is me on August 1/03 the day I brought RYan home from the hospital....I am 215lbs ....Ugh!....(hopefully my now picture will follow if I can get it to work or not....)

Wow, I can't believe I am actually going to show someone this picture....okay, here goes...

Leanne