Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 02:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

It's 2 pm and I'm at the chat room if anyone is interested.... hope to see someone there.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #17  
2BoysMom

Good evening everyone.

WI went well. I'm down 1 pd this week. I'm happy with that... 1-2 lbs a week is enough for me.

Spryng, Ricci and I were in Candy's MSN chatroom this afternoon. It was fun! Almost like really talking you know? We'll try to be there daily (during the week anyway) at 2:00 central. Join us if you can.
Spryng, did you get a nap in??

Just popped in my pilates DVD for the first time. I've only had it for about 6 weeks and figured it was time. It's called pilates for dummies and I think it's going to be great. I only did the first 5 exercises, but it'll take some time to get into it. I also have a treadmill here & a step for step aerobics if I feel like it. Don't really care for the step aerobics, but at least I have choices so I shouldn't get bored. Enough with the excuses. I will exercise 5 times per week. That gives me 2 days off so there!!

OK. Gotta go tear off some wallpaper or something before I go to bed.

Have a great night everyone!

TTYL
Old 01-12-2004, 11:11 PM   #18  

Good evening all!
Hi Geri! yes it was fun getting to chat with you ladies. I hope to do it again tomorrow! And yes, I did get a nap in. Only 30 minutes though... I could have slept longer but after 30 minutes I woke up with lots of energy! You think I would have put it to good use and get this house clean, but no... I made dinner and played with the kids. There is always tomorrow, lol.
What did everyone end up having for dinner tonight? My chicken and beans came out great. Boy I like that dish, so quick and easy.
Well... I'm trying to be better about exercise too. I didn't do a Firm dvd tonight but I did lay on the floor and get some crunches in. I could have done my Firm workout for Abs, but I just didn't feel like having to watch the tv screen so I did a bunch of crunches on my own. It felt really good. Tomorrow I want to get some weights in. I would love to get a treadmill. I'm starting to think that is what I want for my anniversary. But I want one I can run on and you can program different workouts and intensity in.
Ok, guess I should get my toosh in the bed. I hope everyone's week has gotten off to a great start!! Can't wait to hear about everyone's WI this week!!
Old 01-13-2004, 08:17 AM   #19  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey gals! Do you guys already belong to MSN? I tried earlier in the day but it kept saying I needed to sign up and pay $20.00. By the time 3pm came, I was up to my neck cleaning my office and couldn't stop the momentum. It's only been a mess for months! Anyhows, what chat room were you in? How did you find each other? I was just looking around but it looks like you could get lost!!!

I had my first cooked meal last night, non-chicken burritos. I used meatless "chicken strips" and soy cheese with my rice and tortilla. It was pretty good. Also whipped up some guacamole and put it on some lettuce so that with the burrito was really good. Tonight I am making chicken noodle soup but I'm gonna make myself a chickenless pot. It is either the chicken or the noodles and tonight, I pick noodles.

As for exercise, I haven't been doing so great. I did get on my Gazelle night before last for 30 minutes but I really need to get back on my Pilates. I feel so much better pain-wise when I am doing Pilates. It really stretches and tones. I love it! Hope you'll let it as much as I do, Geri!

Spryng, I wanted a treadmill also but ended up with the Gazelle for 2 reasons. #1 The treadmill I want is way to expensive to get right now even if I had room for it and #2, I don't have room for it! At least the Gazelle folds up and I slide it in next to the wall by the futon. I would like to get a treadmill when we move though. It is so nice to be able to get in a walk without having to get the whole gang dressed and out the door. Sometimes that is more of a battle than it is worth!

Well, I really have to get to work. Cleaning my office might seem like work but it doesn't pay their bills! TTYL. Oh, I'll check back before 3pm so let me know about that chat room.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:28 AM   #20  

Good morning all!!
Candy, we went to your site and on the left you hit CHAT and you get your very own chat room!! You may have to download a plug in or something but it's all free. So we didn't have to find one another or anything or share the room with strangers. Sounds like you are doing great with the food combining. I'm torn on what to have for dinner tonight. I want something easy since it's tuesday... so I have a shiitake mushroom meatloaf for the crockpot recipe I can make, Tuna Helper, or Morningstar burgers with fries. What sounds good to all of you??
Candy it's hard to get into a habit of exercise, especially if it isn't fun. Exercise has never been fun for me but I want to be toned and not "soft", you know? So I have to get some exercise in. Tonight I plan on doing free weights. Still am not ready to do The Firm... maybe tomorrow night I'll do my lower body on it. lol.
Well, I will check in at 2 pm central and see if anyone is up for chatting at the other site.
Ginny? Everything ok? haven't heard from you today yet and you are normally a early poster. Hope you are having a great day!
TTYL!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #21  
Movin' to the Country!

Spryng, mine is not working so if I am not there you'll know why. I have emailed them though and hopefully they will help me figure it out. Talk to ya'll later!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #22  
soontobethin

Hello everyone.
It was fun to chat yesterday. I will try to be there again this afternoon. Jackie, its good to see you again on here. I too went to wal mart and got the slim fast packet of goodies. The pedometer is great. I actually take more steps than I thought. I was able to work out again today. My back is much better. Wish I knew what I did to it, so I don't do it again. I have a chicken recipe that I made last night. It was pretty good. I don't know what the points would be for those of you on WW. I will post it anyway so you all can try it if you want. I hope to see some of you in the chat room at 2.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #23  
2BoysMom

Hi there,
I intend to be chatting today. DS is running around with MIL's dog right now so he should be pretty tired for a nap today. He never did sleep yesterday.

TTYL!!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #24  
soontobethin

Sweet and Tangy chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of tomato soup
1 TBLS of brown sugar
1 TBLS of vinegar

Brown the chicken in a skillet on both sides. Add the soup, sugar and vinegar,simmer 20-30 minutes. Enjoy.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #25  
Movin' to the Country!

Thumbs up

Boo Hoo! I won't be there today but hope to be joining ya'll soon! My helper is coming today and I have to pick her up at 3pm so I guess it works out that my chat is not working, for today. I feel like I've been cleaning up excrement forever! Yesterday, the dog was acting weird and when we came home from our meeting last night, he had diarrhea all over the house. So I cleaned up most of that (made DH get out of bed and clean up some he had found and not cleaned up!). Then today, Kylie pees on her bedroom floor, reason unknown, and the cat pooped in the bathtub. Also, the trashcan in the bathroom had about an inch of pee in it that mysteriously got there, neither kid knows how. So, unless the cat somehow did it, which I think is impossible, someone is very forgetful! Anyway, it has been a really gross day and I am hoping it gets better. I'm gonna go jump on the Gazelle and get a little exercise. Tried my new Hula video today but I need to be able to concentrate (not the most coordinated person) and the kids were running around so I gave it up. More later! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-13-2004, 02:34 PM   #26  

Candy, you poor thing! My heart goes out to you. Boy do I remember times like that! Once when my dd was potty training she "painted" her walls with poop!! It was the nastiest mess I have ever encountered and I gagged and held my breath through all of it. Boy, I don't miss those times at all. lol. I hope you and your helper get alot accomplished today.
I'm still working on my house too. I get too distracted I guess. I bought a large dust mop to sweep my kitchen. Boy is that heaven! Works so much faster than my broom. Then I attacked my toilet... then I washed my hands and got dinner in the crockpot (decided on the shiitake meatloaf) did one load of dishes and that is it. Oh I did get one load of laundry going. But I still need to clean and vacuum the living room, wash off all the counters, finish the rest of the bathroom, and don't get me started on laundry and the kids rooms, lol. I've been bad this week
Well, what is everyone else having for dinner?
Guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone is having a good OP day!
Old 01-13-2004, 02:37 PM   #27  

Oh I forgot to tell you all two things...
1. Tanner pulled up onto his feet for the first time today!!!!!!

and 2. DH and I have been arguing over what would be his first word-- Da Da or Ma Ma... well he said his first word today!! And it was.... Bubba!!!! I laughed so hard. Here I thought he'd say ma ma since daddy isn't around much and I work with him on it everyday, but no... he said bubba. It was too cute. Kids huh?

Ok, gotta go.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:59 PM   #28  

It's 2 pm central... I'm at the chat room now.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #29  

I'm going to try to figure out how to get hooked up so I can chat with ya'll at 2. I'm not very computer smart.
Well, we have had a wild last night and today. When I was changing Alex's diaper last night, I noticed a knot ( is that the right word?) or something down in his "boy parts". It freaked me out, so I took him to the dr. this morning and he has a hernia. So now I have to take him to a spec. so we can scedule surgery. He also has tonsilitis(sp). Poor guy, I felt so sorry for him. Ya'll don't know, but 3 mo ago he also broke his foot. He has had a rough time lately. So I have been busy with that all day. Dh is about to come unglued b/c Alex his his "baby" and he isn't here to give him some love!
I am doing o.k. on my diet although I have really had a sweet tooth lately. I ate alot of candy yesturday, but, I stayed within my points, so I guess it was o.k. even though I know it's not healthy. I'm such a stress eater, I go crazy on food with the least little thing.
Well, I'd better go or this post is going to turn into a book!! TTY toinght!
Old 01-13-2004, 05:10 PM   #30  

Andrea, I feel for you. My dd had a hernia when she was about 14 months old and had surgery on it too. Just take comfort in the fact that it is a quick and easy surgery and recovery goes fast. She was running around the very next day! I know you can't help but worry when they have to be put out... but hang in there... poor little guy.
Well, I'm was just checking in. Dinner is almost ready here. I am STARVING!!! lol. Guess I'll go drink some more water to tide me over a little bit longer. TTYL!
Closed Thread