Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #46  

Hey all. Sorry I have been lurking. Things went a little haywire at work this week. I have been busy. Overtired. Overeating. Underexercising. Basically, a wreck. And feeling bad for not doing better.

Today I have off. I am trying to finally get everything put back together after last weekend's shopping spree. I was also trying to get caught up on some stuff at home. I needed to update my credit card info for my internet, but, because everything is tore up, I can't find the sheet with my password. So, I can't access the site to update the info. And, of course, there is no phone number to call Chocolate, anyone.

On the plus side (other than my weight), my horse is almost better. I hope to be able to ride him tomorrow.

I will try to do better at posting. I know I do better when I talk things out with all of you.

Have a good day, and see you later.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:30 PM   #47  
Student of the Hoof

Happy Friday afternoon -

Tracy! Hmmmm... I'm thinking I got lost in the twilight zone on your last post. I did get my raise, thank God. Or I would have had to sell my horse, I mean, that's how close it was coming. But they came through in the nick of time. I'm really sorry about your husband not getting a raise. The only reason I got one, really, was because when they hired me, I took a huge cut in pay and I told them the only way I could come on board for that was if they promised me that at my 3 month anniversary, they'd bring me up at least 5K. Well... that day came and went, and they didn't honor their promise. I told my boss that come January, if they didn't come through, I'd find another job. I couldn't afford to stay here if they didn't. So I think he kind of panicked and made some phone calls and yelled at his boss. Whatever it takes... I'm happy now. Not rich, but I can pay the bills, at least. Now I just have catching up to do. And I can keep my pony. And buy new running shoes. Life is good. I'm so glad you're getting the e-mail thing straightened out. Weird that you had to get a new address to fix it, though. And Jolly's boys were lame, not mine. How are things going with the husband now? Better? Are you keeping your foot down where you put it? I hope so. *hug*

Happy - I know, I know. I was being dumb. But when you're having a hard time even getting groceries on the table and looking at selling your dream come true, perspective gets warped. I'm not running again till I get the new shoes.

Hippy - (you know, we need a Hoppy now. Happy, hippy, hoppy... ok, yeah, that was lame.) Not sure if you want to give this a try, but it's worked for me several times. If I feel a sinus infection coming on, I hit the goldenseal. I have successfully derailed at least 4 sinus infections/bronchitis flare-ups with that stuff. Now, one time I started it too late into the infection, and no amount of goldenseal would take care of it, I needed antibiotics. LOTS of water, too! My daughter is 14, and I was incredibly proud of her for making that statement. I really hope she takes it to heart. This year has been a year of big changes for us all, I just hope that I made the changes early enough in my kids' lives for them not to fall into the same traps I have. My real problem was the "do as I say, not as I do" approach. Well that changed last year, and I realized I needed to lead by example. I think both the kids have really appreciated that. You know, my son is going to be 12 soon, too. He misses his dad so much. *sigh* He's in the same position my daughter was in a couple years ago now, of having to decide whether to live with me here and have his own horse, or move up to Alaska and have... well .. nothing really. He knows logically that his Dad is a workaholic, and he'd be alone much of the time. Emotionally, though, he's just as hurt as his sister was when he realizes that all those promises his dad made about moving down here to be nearer to them are as empty as the wind. I just don't understand that man sometimes. Because you're right.. my son needs his dad more and more as time goes on, and one of the big reasons I felt comfy about moving down here so far away was that Brian said he was going to be moving to the lower 48 sometime in the next 5 years. That was 9 years ago. No sign of movement yet. Maybe a stick of dynamite under his butt? *blah* And you know, it has been very difficult for me to get this whole process going again, too. I had to keep taking steps backwards till I was comfortable, and THEN start moving forwards again. Now I feel like I'm really on track again, FINALLY. I'm nowhere near where I was last August, but I'm going to get there, I know that now. Last week, I wasn't sure.

Jolly - Want to get together for a trail ride? *fwee* I need a TRUCK!!! argh.

Ok... about me. I'm doing GOOD!!! Amazingly good. Scary good. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. At least with food and water. I can't really do any running till I get my shoes, and that really is my preferred form of working out (other than riding). I like lifting weights, but .. for whatever reason right now, I'm just not interested. I think possibly it's the "fear of intense pain after the first workout" syndrome. I HATE that. No matter how light the weights are, it seems, the first workout just absolutely slays me. I hobble around for a week with either my UB or my LB aching like heck. *shudder* I think I'll just wait for my new shoes next week. I'm honestly so tickled with getting my water and food back on track, I'll wait on the running and count my blessings.

I'm officially sick and tired of winter. Yeah, yeah, I know there are those of you who suffer through REAL winters. Been there done that. Now I whine and moan about 45 degrees like it's the end of the world. I'm a wimp, dang it, and proud of it. Now go turn up the heat, will you? I'm SO looking forward to spring!

I love my grey hair, I've decided. I have always colored my hair because my boyfriend says I look too young to have grey hair. Hm. I think it's really because he just doen't want to be hanging out with an obviously old broad. Well phoo on him. I'm letting it grow out. It's not even grey, it's more silver, and I think it's really shimmery and pretty. So there. I earned it, by God.

Hope everyone's Friday goes realllly smooth!!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:31 AM   #48  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Yay, I am down another pound this week. After 2 weeks of really having to concentrate and THINK, I think things are finally headed in the right direction - downhill (on the scale that is)

Raven, I too am ready for winter to be over. Especially as I sit here listening to the sleet and ice fall outside. Wouldn't be winter if we didn't have one hair raising storm. If Jolly's lucky, she'll just get snow. Thank goodness it's Friday night and most of us can stay home and out of it. But the next 12 hours are going to be horrid. I even turned down going out to dinner tonight because I was afraid we'd get caught in it. I feel sorry for anyone who has to be out tonight.

Oh wow, I just noticed the time. Even though tomorrow is Saturday I still don't want to sleep the day away. It's time to clean out the junk in the basement. No more avoiding it.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #49  
Student of the Hoof

FOUR pounds down!

Way!

*rofl* I knew I'd drop a little after my period was done running it's evil course, but... woohoo!

Another major plus. The child support check came ON TIME! SOOOoooo cool. That means running shoes TODAY not next week! I suppose I'd better buy my kids new underwear and socks while I'm at it. I'm on a roll here, folks!!

AND! I stumbled across a used western saddle at one of my favorite horsey dives yesterday, and Hamp told me to just take it home, try it on my horse, and if it fits good, pay him next week. Gotta love old time horse tradin! So we're out to the stables today to see if the new used saddle will fit my pony.

Happiness is invading my life. OMG, what do I do!? *bwahahahahaha!*

Happy - Congrats on your loss, too!! Maybe we're finally getting the hang of this again, you think? Gack on your weather! Geez, ok, way to put things into perspective for me. How dare you. I'm glad you can stay in and be warm. I do NOT miss that kind of weather.

Ok, I'm off to do the bank thing then go buy NEW SHOES!! *woo!*
Old 01-17-2004, 11:39 AM   #50  
Choose your hard

Way to go Raven!

I knew you were overdue for a good shot of happiness - ENJOY floating on air today!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:30 PM   #51  
Student of the Hoof

I got shoes, I got shoes *giggle snort*

I got Saucony Grid Triumphs, a decent price on them, and some nice high impact insoles. No excuses now, other than the pain I'm going to go through retraining my feet not to supinate.

Thank you Happy!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #52  
Choose your hard

Supinate? SUPINATE?????

Is that some food thing like I made some soup 'n ate (it)?

Let me know what that is because I think I don't want to be doing it either with my feet. Enjoy your new shoes. Wishing you hours and hours of happy feet!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:34 PM   #53  
Super Star

Default i am caught in a cold med fog

Afternoon

Hey Raven..sorry it was me..woah..have no clue what i was reading..cool huh..need to reapeat the grades I help with in the afternoon..ahhhhhhhhh

Awesome on the raise!! I am so happy for you!! Plus the new shoes girl yeah

AND the LOSS heck you did almost you whole gola this month in one sweeop..YEAH!!!

Happy awsome on your weight loss too!! way to go!! I know that feesl so GREAT!! you deserve it!! I am so sorry about the weather..it has not snowed her yet..cannot decide if I am happy for no power loss or sad for no white stuff..hmmm

all for now..am doing nothing productive..cool huh!!
Old 01-18-2004, 01:29 AM   #54  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Well heck I hope everyone is having as great of a weekend as Raven is.

I have to say that so far I LOVE MY JOB. or actually I really like my bosses. They treat me so well. Raven I am bowing down to you with my arms out saying you are the !! Why you ask? Yesterday my bosses figured I needed a dozen donuts and 6 muffins plus a canister full of werthers candies. Yes all for me I asked them if I could put a in the office, as do I really look like I need all this stuff? I went most of the day resisting eating any of it and then the afternoon rolled around and I was so tired I caved and had a muffin and then a dounut. I kept telling myself that if you could resist, so could I. I really tried, but didn't succeed. I left everything there for anyone who comes into the office after me and today.

Hey Tracy good to hear from you. How is everything going? How are the kids doing? Are they sick of school yet and counting the days until Easter vacation? Are you counting the days until Easter? Tracy does it snow very often where you are?

Happy to you also on your weigh down on the scale. That is great. Your birthday goal is looking like you will have it achieved well before your birthday. Did you find a good hotel for your holiday?

Jolly how are you doing? Are you off for the weekend? How is your horse doing? Did you get to ride him? I sure hope this next week goes better for you. Let us know and we can help you talk it out if you need to.

Hippy how are you feeling? Did you go to the doctor or is your sinuses getting better on their own? That is great that Jordan and Gary are able to go to work together. Mark took Kristi once and they had a great time together and she learned alot about punching in phone lines and hooking up security and stuff like that. It was a great bonding day. Can you join them at work also?

Erin how are you? Busy doing some stamping these last few days? How long do you have to complete all these invites by? How old are your kids?

Raven are you just taking Richard out for supper for a date or the whole family? Do you have sluggish feet that you are trying to retrain?
I have never heard of that type of shoe. But I bet it looks great on. Now that you have had almost reached your goal of 5 pounds in a week I can see you jogging out to the stable. You have kicked my butt this month. No more donuts for me. I might even have to start jogging to work.

Well I must run. Chat to you all tomorrow.

Kathy
Old 01-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #55  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning chickies!

Happy - You slay me. Let's see. Most people pronate when they walk, which means you push to the inside of your foot. I supinate. I stand, walk, and run on the outsides of my foot. These shoes are designed with supinating in mind, and have a harder core material on the outside to push my foot towards the inside. It's good for me, but after yesterdays run, which turned into more of a fast walk, I know it's going to take time to retrain myself. The whole inner line from the big toe through the ball, heel, and all the way up my inner leg HURT. More on my left leg than my right, but both were affected. I expected it, but nonetheless it was just a tad discouraging. Get new shoes, I want to FLY, not hobble. Ahwell, I do expect it will be a couple weeks at least of getting all the muscles and connective stuff to stretch out and work properly. There was another pair of shoes that I was seriously tempted to try out - and I may yet if these don't work out right. That's the problem with running shoes, you never know how good they're going to be for you till you actually use them for a couple weeks at least, and by then it's a little hard to return them. Anyway, the New Balance puts out a very interesting shoe for supinating, too - I nearly bought them, but they were such a radically different design that I thought I'd stay with something remotely familiar. But we'll see what happens in a couple weeks.

Tracy - It's really ok about the confusion, I know sometimes keeping up with things gets a little hinky at times! Well... you know that even if I hit my announced goal of the 5 pounds, I still have my stealth goal to work on! That's the "oooo I'd really like to be under 190 by the end of the month" one. Not going to kill me if I don't make it, but a major bonus if I do. Honestly, it's not terribly realistic even. 5 more pounds in two weeks? But hey.. I can dream. Nothing productive?? You were posting here! That's productive!

Lucky - I am SO glad you like working there! I have to say that the first thing I do with that Wednesday muffin is wrap it and put it in the freezer. Then I usually bring it home so the kids can fight over it. If there's more stuff, I'll try my best to put it into the break room where the guys can fight over it! One break and usually it looks like a pack of wild dogs have stripped the place clean. And I'd forgotten that I scored that non-scale victory, thank you for reminding me! It's hard when they do nice things like that, you kind of feel obligated to eat it to show how much YOU appreciate them appreciating you... but I know, it's like the absolute last thing I need. And hey, at least you only ate one of each. I'd say you only caved a part of the way, and you did show restraint. And the dinner is just for Richard and I. I celebrated with the whole family the other night by splurging hugely and actually buying new york cut steaks for dinner. I hadn't had a good steak in SO long and it was delicious! *lol* I have to admit the thought of going out next weekend is moderately terrifying to me because I'm doing so well on the OP eating. I need to show some restraint when I go out, too. At least it will be on the weekend so I can workout a bit more and perhaps offset the damage.

I woke up this morning later, much later than I usually do. And I woke up kind of cranky. Then the dogs were absolute idiots on their walk, and I fell in the mud outside because it will NOT STOP RAINING!! Argh. If we get a nice day, it's inevitably during the week while I'm at work, and lately also inevitably, it's totally crap weather on the weekends. Lord I'm tired of this. But I came in and had coffee and sat down with 3FC and ate my cheerios and calmed down. I'm feeling better now, but I really do want to go riding, and without access to an indoor arena, the weather controls my rides. *sigh* Ok... so if I can't ride today, I guess that means it's a GREAT day to do an UBWO, right!? I did pretty good on water yesterday, much better than I usually do on weekends. I think I was OP, but I make my spaghetti sauce from scratch, so it's kind of hard for me to do all the calculations to figure out how many calories one half cup has. I just went with the generic meat sauce listed in fitday and called it good. I'm finding allllll sorts of really neat desserts now - they're the Smart Ones, I think. I seem to really need that little treat at the end of the day, and it makes it just so much easier for me to stay OP. I just incorporate that 120 or so calories in and I'm set. This one was vanilla ice cream covered in oreo crumbs. Very tasty, and a nice change. Ok, so, I have a lot to do today, I guess I'd best get to it!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:32 AM   #56  
Choose your hard

Raven, thanks for explaining supinate. You supinate, I supinate and the rest of the world pronates. That probably explains why I have such a terrible time finding comfortable sneakers. Some of them are too big and heavy to suit me. Some are too narrow and of the others I have found a few that seemed to fit ok but like you, after an hour's wear I am hobbling in pain. What surprised me the most was when I went to the podiatrist when I had the plantar fasciitis. She is mid 30s, thin and fit and a runner. She said this condition can appear when people wear the same brand of sneakers for years and then switch to a new brand. I guess each are made slightly different and some aggrivate already tight muscles in the calves and heel causing this problem. I am now a confirmed convert to stretching. If I forget, my feet remind me. But enjoy your new shoes, hope the feet adjust to them soon. And I will swap your rain for the 12 degree temps and strong winds we are having right now. Brrrrr. January. And then "I'm so sick of this cold" February yet to come. I used to go to Atlanta quite a bit for work. Loved to go there in January. 60 degrees never felt so good.

I have let the weekend get the better of me. Only ate out once but did not stick to balanced meals. We did alot of running around today and I did not get my water in - who wants cold water when it's 12 degrees out? I did have a few cups of green tea though. I've got some nice soups planned for this week, hope to salvage the roast I made into a nice beef veggie soup and maybe some casserole thing. Didn't do well on the exercise either but I did do what seemed like a thousand steps up and down Saturday cleaning, laundry and working on de-junking my store room. Got to clean up the sanding dust down there so I can get back at the treadmill again.

Kathy, it's good to hear that the people in your office are so nice. Money is important but if you have to work with nasty people, that's the worst. Sounds like they are munchers galore with all that sugar they provided. Would be quite hard to resist. (Please put this in the BACK of the office - like 3 storefronts down please?????)

Tracy, I appreciate your sympathy but no way will I believe you are having a jones hoping for a powerloss

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Here's to being strong again on Monday and a new week Erin, Hippy, Happy, Hoppy (good one Raven), Jolly, Lucky and Raven and Tracy.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:34 AM   #57  
Choose your hard

Default Week 3 Fitness Fortune

Ok ladies, time to draw the lucky focus for the week. You can:

1) Try a new healthy food (and tell us about it)

OR

2) Focus on exercise this week - get in at least 3 good workouts
Old 01-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #58  
Student of the Hoof

Yep, it's morning. My crankiness from yesterday is lingering into today.

Happy - Yes. The workouts. I NEED to focus on working out. BADLY. I've gotten my food back under control, I'm adding in my water successfully, now I need to stop making excuses about the working out. The weather, lack of sleep, going to the stables, time with my boyfriend... there are far, far too many excuses I can use. And they even all sound reasonable. I'm past being understanding with myself and have moved into anger. I have a great rant going on in my own head at myself about this issue, but I won't subject ya'll to it. And no criticism about self bashing... I've been far too gentle with myself lately. A healthy dose of reality won't hurt me. It's all about what I want and what I'm willing to do to get it, or do I want to just whine and cry about how it's not changing. You all know the drill, and I have a feeling it might be one of the big reasons I'm so annoyed at the world lately. I'm really just annoyed at myself. You supinate too? Awwww, we have something in common? Besides being totally cool chicks, that is. I'll let you know how the Saucony's work out. And if I try the New Balance, I'll keep you posted. Today my hips hurt, as well, not to mention my glutes. And what you said about stretching, it's so true. I need to incorporate more of that. I loved the pilates because it really helped with the stretching, too. I need a DVD player, dang it. Hey, no thank you on the 12 degrees. I'm totally wussing out at 30-40 degrees. The wind, rain, and near freezing temps are already more than I can handle anymore! *sniffle* I want 60 in January, too!! That's why I moved here. Oh lord just shoot me, I'm so pathetic!

Weekends are so out of the routine it's hard to get everything in, I know. What I have started doing is putting a glass out and at least working hard to drink a whole big glass every time I go to the bathroom. Heh. Pretty soon I won't be doing anything but piddling and drinking water, eh?

Very little patience with myself or anything else today. Tonight is Nickie's riding lesson, if Rosa doesn't cancel. ****, maybe I'll cancel and we can do it tomorrow night if I PROMISE MYSELF I'll actually work out. Dinner can be the Healthy Choice hot dogs, or maybe hamburgers. Quick, easy. I think I've reached critical overload with myself on not working out.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:43 AM   #59  
Super Star

It is MLK day..and i spending it listening to my kids fight, trying to get the decorations down yes I know I am late..realizing i have NO cold meds left and feeling really crummy and watch nick and jessica newlyweds..ick..i mean hello..i dont want to do laundry..you do it nick..no you jess..let's hire a lady to do it.

AHHHHHHHHH I am so sick of reality shows..they are SO not reality

SO turn the channel..well as there is nothing on the channels ..and i am in awe that anyon could be so gooey in love..made me eat the house it was so depressing..

On my 1st year i had a new baby and moved 3 times...we didnt even time to think much less anything else.

I need to exercsie but I am so sick i feel like i am gonna cry right now

Raven girl you get those AWESOME shoe in motion...and make a commotion on the road girll!!!!

Happy good idea on the two areas..i did have several cups of tea as i was sick..i know they are so good for you

Lucky how wodnerful that you love your job..lol the food..well..lol hmm maybe they are giving you what THEY want to eat..lol to get rid of it..cool on the treadmill..gyms and daycares..whould be in all places!!

Erin, Jolly hippy wher are youuuuuuuuu

ugh..make this day go by..my hubby worked all weekend so no rest..ugh..he's grumpy I am grumpy..now the kids..

please say a prayer that my kids do NOT get sick..please!!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #60  

Hello all. Payday MOnday. What fun, what fun. I have time to do a quick post, then back to work. I lost 2 pounds last week. Not sure quite how, but I will take it. Here's to keeping it off, and losing many many more of their kin. I will focus on my workouts this week.

Have a good week all. Here's to good weather, and healthy families.
Closed Thread