Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #91  
Spreadin' the luv.

OK, Kaylets. Can I have Megab*tch, then? Please?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:14 PM   #92  
Hot Stuff

They made our Frogger cry? WHAT??? How DARE they! Do they not know they are dealing with Royalty here? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!! Don't let them get away with it, Frogger. Whatever happened, put it all in writing and give it to your Human Resources director. Yelling is simply unprofessional in the business world, even though it does happen. You don't have to file a complaint, but get it in your file in case you ever need it. You just never know. And I'd be happy to do a stiletto tap dance on the offender's forehead.

Arabella, you look mahvelous darling! You are beautiful and very wood-nymphish, with that apparent quiet gracefulness your picture conveys. Thanks so much for sharing!

I had an appointment with the VP of the high school this morning to register DD for the Feb. semester. She wasn't exaggerating, he IS the biggest *** on the face of the earth! Talk about a power trip...looked at me with a "how dare you!" glare when I questioned him on a few things. All I could think was "if you walk around on a power trip this large, you must have a very small ". Took all my strength not to tell him so, too. Called the Superintendent of High Schools at the School Board afterwards, to voice my concern that he has labelled my daughter without even knowing her (he is new to the school this year) and I feel he is not going to treat her fairly. She told me to let her know if anything happens.

Was it National ******* Day today? Darn, I forgot to buy cards.

Weighing in tomorrow night even though I was just there on Saturday. The whole switching meetings thing.

Kaylets, glad yesterday's illness was short-lived. Talk about cold! It's going to -30C with the windchill tonight. Brrrrr. Hey, maybe we should all drop by anagram's for tea?

Hello to all...
Old 01-14-2004, 06:54 AM   #93  

Default Warmer weather bound!

Yes, I 'm ready for a roadtrip...lets go !! But first, I think a ROAD TRIP is in order.... let's get ourselves to Froggrer's employer and set them straight!

This type of behavior is unprofessional, unacceptable and WILL NOT BE UNANSWERED!!!!!!!!!
Who's with me????

Wildfire... Kudos on not reminding the VP of what he's trying to prove otherwise!! Your phone call to his boss was a very classy move.

We have a storm expected this evening....
My car is ready except I am going to carry workboots and heavy sox out this am...
Still have that Snow Country mentality.. rather be safe than sorry ....

Today's thought of the day ;

"There is a giant asleep in everyone.
When that giant awakes, miracles happen."

--Frederick Faust

Question of the day :

" Would you like to go to Mars?"

Time to switch to tea .... Rasberry Zinger sounds good....

KETTLE IS ON!

PS- Empress, was wondering what is happening w/ the PB in the bag.....
I don't know how you are doing it... I wouldn't been able to make them last long enough to get into the house much less carry the last one around ......

And in fact, as much as I like Dr Phil, if I was that girl w/ the Doritos, I would've just left them w/ him .... that wouldve been the only way I could make sure that bag wouldn't have been eaten.
For me, the same strategies that worked when I quit smoking do not work w/ my "can't control foods".... I walked around for months w/ a pack of cigarettes I never touched because I was chewing the gum.....

Anyway....
Frogger.... is it a right or left at the light???? We've got your back!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:57 AM   #94  
deleted2

Frogger, may your new job make itself known SOON! Wildfire's right, you should never be yelled at. Document everything!

Wildfire, Nat'l ******* Day! Haw!

Amarantha, Lately I've been afflicted with the desire for PB cups, must be that sweet salty thing I crave. I dare not have the first one though, I like them too much.

Seattlejo, will you share the recipe for black bean-mushroom chili? It's hard to find a veg. crock pot recipe. Maybe you know a web site?

Anagram, I'm so envious of you there at the beach. I'm feeling a powerful inclination to go---saving my pennies.....

For those who asked, sorry I don't know the WW points for the Tibetan burritos. I don't know the mysteries of Weight Watchers!

Arabella, congrats on losing 2 pounds! And thank you for the pic! You have the same energy as that pic I saw of you a few years ago [in your Babette incarnation], very "French"!

Time's a' wastin'---off to work!

Old 01-14-2004, 08:03 AM   #95  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hand me one of those "Fresh start" cards, and a "No guilt" one, too, wouldya? Crashed and burned yesterday. Ah well, tomorrow is another one. OH. That would be today, wouldn't it.

Thanks to all for your kind words on my pic.

Nat'l A**-kicking Day -- let's have that legislated! Love to all!

Last edited by Arabella; 01-14-2004 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:25 AM   #96  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Unhappy Wednesday already!?

I'm thinkin' I want to go back to bed! Quite grey outside.

Arabella...there you are! Beautiful classic lines...really nice pict. Nice to see ya!

My computer has a cold...DH has been working on it....again... . There were no dropdowns in the processing programmes...I mean there were but you couldn't get to the files 'cause the minute you dropped 'em down the 'puter froze! Most frustrating as I had 2 meeting this week and needed stuff...I thought. As you see I survived without 'em. This board chair thing is a challenge!

Frogger I'm sorry to hear someone yelled at you...how dare they! Was it a customer or a supervisory person? Document in either case...(union hat on now) I've had patrons (that's what we call them) yell at me, usually for overdue fines...which are really beyond my control...I don't make the policies just enforce them...with a lot of latitude in some cases... I had an older gentleman on the phone the other day who seemed to be of the impression that I as a librarian could show him how to load programmes on his home computer and teach him how to use them and the net!!! Someone had told him we do that stuff in the library. He was quite snippy until I found him a possible solution...in Ontario the kids have to have service hours before they can graduate from high school...so I suggested that he call the school and see if they could suggest a young person to help him with this and...voila...a happy camper. But it was a little tense there for a bit. Me load programmes !!!

WSW how's the condo stuff going? That must be so exciting for you!
Amarantha, the pria and Pb NO Happy belated
Seattlejo I also have a friend who reads cook books...she'd take 'em outta the library and never make a recipe!
Wildfire I hope DD has a great term! Inspite of her VP from ***....dom! Isn't that a neighbouring land far, far away?
Eydie! How's the modified job? Any new stuff in the kitchen yet?
Punkin...we are half way there...I hear you on the kittie...what a hard decision at any time!
ZadieK...have you gotten the snow there yet...gloom and doom here on the forecast...but I've not seen it falling from the sky...further east yes...they closed a 4 lane highway for hours yesterday just an hour from here...multi pileup due to icy conditions.
Anagram...how is Florida?
Welcome to Becky32..hop on the wagon and pull me back up will yah? My seat belt failed!! AGAIN!

I think I got most everybody! Kaylets...no to Mars...Alaska yes..

I hope I missed no one else....and I am leaving the most prolific to last!
to Cerise. Seen any sheep lately? That is one of the reasons that I hate the mall...beside the small parking spots and just on general principles.

I'm quite admiring of all you ladies who have braved the cold and crowds of the ice rinks and have skated! Kudos to you! My skates are AWOL, I recollect lending them and never getting them back...what else is new?

Anyway I must be off...have laundry and dogs and stuff to do before I go to my paying JOB.

Ta-Rah!

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 01-14-2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:36 AM   #97  
Momma Frog

Thanks for all the good vibes girlies! I have off tonight from my 2nd job, so I'll be checking my home email to see if anyone has replied to my resumes or called me up. Don't worry, I AM NOT going to take it anymore!!! BUT, I do need to have something lined up before I jump ship. You know bills and stuff like that!
So, I'm just sitting here doing nothing today, because I don't feel like it. I may tidy up my cube and take some personables home with me this evening.

I'll check back in around lunchie. Tootles
Old 01-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #98  
Momma Frog

ceara-no, it was my boss. Actually she used to be my direct supervisor, but now she's a project manager who's over all of us. I directly report to someone else. It's kinda like that movie Office Space. Everytime something goes wrong I hear about it 3 times from 3 different people.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #99  
Empress/Queen

Yo, guys!!! Here's my personal vote for quote of the century: "if [he] walk[s] around on a power trip this large, [he] must have a very small ..." ~ Wildfire

Om shanti, Cerise! I would like some of that super-duper-b****-o-rama! Where doeth a poor warrior empress goeth to findeth it!? Is it available at Walmart?

Frogger, hope you feel better ... please reread the above from the wild flame lady!!!

Re PRIA Not, I'm dropping it as it's not an issue for me anymore ... re keeping the PB cup in a baggie and not eating it ala Dr. Phil and the Doritos ... forget this! Don't try it at home! It doesn't work! I got stressed sitting in the car waiting for a meeting and that PB was gone before I noticed it!!!

I'll think up more challenges later ... very busy week and I'm driving all over the state tomorrow so am taking day off ... will be back later to add to NOLA tread and to answer the QOD, which I forget since I'm on the wrong page to see it right now.

Later, gators!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:11 AM   #100  
Your Cruise Director

Morning morning.
I'm not going to be able to respond to everyone right now, gotta get to training in a second however:

Amarantha what was the Pria Challenge? too bad the PB challange didnt work out.

Arabella thank you for sharing your picture with us! You are gorgeous! True Royalty my dear :-)

Frogger, good for you on the day off, bad for you on them making you cry! I'd say we hunt them down and.. and. well I wont say what, this is Polite company right?

I'm having total issues trying to get to the gym this morning. I did not make it up at 5am like I intended, Instead, I slept in till 6:20. Didnt matter that I had my clothing laid out, my lunch made and my bag pretty much ready to go. Sleep was what I wanted and got.

Ok, thats it for me. As far as the Chili recipe I've included it below. It's from Eating Well, a new magazine on the racks at my bookstore. I'm really impressed with it. They had an article on Crock pot cooking this month, but not every recipe was Vegetarian.
Points work out to 6 if you only count 5 grams of fiber, 4.5 if you count all of them.
Next time I make it it will be spicier.
Black Bean Mushroom Chili

Serves: 10
This exceptionally Full bodied vegetarian chili develops complexity from meaty mushrooms , tangy tomatillos and a subtle layering of spices and chilis. Dried beans need to be soaked overnight before going into a slow cooker. Once the beans are tender the chili can gently bubble for several extra hours adding flexibility to dinner's schedule.

1 lb. black beans -- dried, and
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup mustard seeds
2 tablespoons chili powder
1.5 teaspoons cumin seed -- crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
2 mediums onions -- coarsely chopped
1 lb. mushrooms trimmed and sliced
1/2 lb. tomatillo (about 1/3 cup) -- peeled, chopped (
1/4 cup water
1 can 6 ounces tomato paste
2 tablespoons chipotle pepper -- chopped in adobo sauce
1 1/4 cups grated monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 cup fresh cilantro -- leaves only, chopped
2 wholes limes -- Sliced

Soak beans overnight in 2 quarts of water.
Drain beans and discard soaking liquid.

Meanwhile combine oil mustard seeds, chili powder, cumin, cardamon in a 6 quart dutch oven. Place over high heat and cook until spices sizzle, about 30 seconds.
Add onions, mushrooms, tomatillos and water. Cover and cook , stirring occasionally until vegetables are juicy, 5-7 minuts. Uncover and stir often until the juices evaporate and vegetables are lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes. Add broth, tomato paste, and chipoltes with sauce. mix well.

Place the beans in a 5-6 quart slow cooker, and pour the hot sauce over the beans. Turn the heat to hig. Put the lid on and cook until the beans are creamy to bite, 5-8 hours.
To serve, ladle into bowls Garnish each serving with cheese, sourcream , cilantro. pass lime wedges at table.

Makes 10 servings of a generous cup each.
Per serving 311 Calories 10 g fat 20 mg cholesterol 13 g fiber.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #101  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' ladies,

I'm going to TRY to be brief... you won't believe what I did this morning - I either broke my wrist (?) or severely sprained it. I was walking out to my carport and my foot found some ice and down I went - of course using my left hand to brace the impact on my hiney (why? it has the most padding) and anyway, I heard the "crunch" and felt the "ouch" and thought the "oh crap". I don't have insurance so I'm going to play it by ear as to having it checked. I've been wrapping and icing, but it's still pretty painful - but all up and down my arm, not just my wrist, so it's starting to look like "good news", that it's just a sprain.... whoa is me!

Seattlejo, thank you for asking if I'd survived my first day! Yes, and so far 1/2 through day 3 I'm doin' ok...

Amarantha, I love the Dorito idea too. I was given a home made truffle around Christmas, I stuck it in my purse, and couldn't believe it when I found it a week later - I'd FORGOTTEN about chocolate!!!!

Frogger, I'm so sorry your boss treated you like that! Last time I had a boss who made me cry, I handed him the keys to the office and left - no notice or anything. The look of shock on his face made up for the fact that I wouldn't get unemployment for quitting! No one has the right to treat you like that, especially in a professional setting - good luck on finding something new, and SOON!

Wildfire, I'd *love* to go to Canada! What's this about a Yeti in your zoo?

Ceara, I hope your computer's feeling better soon!

Kaylets, how's the vertigo? I had that once for a month, same symptoms as yours, then *poof* it just suddenly went away one day. Weird. I hope it's warming up your way too - my lotion of choice this winter has been Neutrogena body lotion, no cracked or itchy winter skin this year!!!

Arabella, hang in there dahling, you could be saving up for a monster loss next week!

Q o' the day, I'll pass on mars for now. I am lucky enough to get to talk to a lot of people at JPL in Pasadena (they lease vans we maintain) and we service their vehicles in a parking lot called the "Mars Playground", where they tested the rovers. Cool huh? The couple I got to call for service were all SO excited last week and fun talking to! But me? Go to Mars? I don't even like flying on THIS planet!!!

Cerise, you can be the mega-b$&@ if you'd like, but I believe it's a title that can, and is, passed around from time to time!

Toodles for now, must away and rest wrist (say that 5 times!)

Terri
Old 01-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #102  
Is it Friday yet?

Ok, what's with the clowns? Hasn't anyone seen "It" by Stephen King?????? Clowns are baaaaaaad!!!!!!

No more clowns!!!!!!!!

T
Old 01-14-2004, 04:04 PM   #103  
Spreadin' the luv.

Cool Clowns, back to the vile pit from whence you came...

Feeling frowny today, a bit.

Work related - one problem after another, unhelpful supervisor, etc. No one yelled at me, though.

I refuse to use clown smilies. I hate clowns. Where's the sulky, spoiled, complaining, whiney smiley? Oh, yeah.

OK, on to posties:

Punkin, darling, when are you going to get a break? I'm not comfortable with the fact that you heard a "snap" when you fell. *shudder* Still, doctors are notoriously useless when it comes to healing wrist fractures. I know that from experience. I remember your vertigo thing, this summer, wasn't it? You concluded that it was your body/blood pressure getting accustomed to your new lower weight, if I remember right. Kaylets has indeed been losing...perhaps she's suffering from the same thing. I know I'll have to give up the Megab*tch title eventually, but for now it's still mine.

Seattlejo, I can't wait to try your new chili recipe. Maybe even Ramon will like it (he's not really into beans of any kind). This weekend, though, I'm only using tried-and-true recipes on my houseguests. My cooking's shaky enough without adding the stress of trying to impressively nourish our friends with a new recipe.

By the way, I hear you on the flocks in Pike's Place Market. I've lived here for 6 months now, so I can utter "bloody tourists" under my breath with impunity when I there and I'm just trying to buy green beans for dinner. THEY are in a mob around that ridiculous fish-throwing place. Also, we musn't forget the Convention Place Hordes - mostly men in suits who'd rather die than let you pass. And they're in a convention (duh), so they're in little get-to-know you cliques, blocking the sidewalk.

I can see that I'm in the sort of mind where I'm complaining about absolutely anything and everything. Wow. And now I'm complaining about complaining.

Changing gears...

Dear Amarantha, Om Shanti! Love to Her Dogness.

Oh, Frogger. I agree with Wildfire and Eydie. You are on steady moral ground in your right to not be yelled at. Remember that if it happens again, because you're perfectly entitled to say "Please don't yell at me". Or, "I won't continue this conversation if you continue to yell at me." I'm still ordering a great job for you from the Big Candy Machine in the Sky.

More later, dears. Must work now.

Last edited by Cerise; 01-14-2004 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:54 PM   #104  
caffeine free!

Just two quick things:
sprained ankel
got violently ill, possibly food poisoning.

A longer post is forthcomming tomorow.

This has not been my week at all.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:09 PM   #105  
Empress/Queen

Om shanti, Cerise, I used to live in Seattle, so I know the area you are talking about, but I didn't remember the name of it ... well, no, since you've described the choices, I don't wanna be any of those MEGABs! I wanna be the kind we have here (well, one of the kind we have here) with cowgal boots, a hat, red hair and an attitude like a rattlesnack ... oh wait, I already AM that MEGAB!

Oh, well. We have lots of tourists here as well, but they aren't called that ... they buy houses and stay all winter ... long topic so I'll shut up.

SJ, the Pria NOT challenge was just a personal one for me ... was counting off the days I didn't eat Pria bars, as they were a trigger for binges for me ... I did 12 days but haven't bought anymore.

The chili looks wonderful ... I have a crockpot that I might try it in. I've never thought of mushrooms in chili but it's a great idea.

Maybe we could do a future CCRRMM thread addressing trigger foods ... we could each choose one and "bag" it and carry it around for 21 days or something ... it could be after the NOLA challenge and maybe usher us into St. Pat's or Easter.

The time is passing, guys, and I intend to get this freakin' weight off this year!!! Let's keep our great attitude going. We're all doing great.

Punkin, sorry about thy encounter with an Ice Monster ... glad it's only a sprain but that's a pain ... this is why I don't live where it snows or freezes. Glad I never took the job in Bend, though it soundeth like a neat place in the summer.

QOD: YES!!! I would LOVE to go to Mars and be a wise woman of a tribe of colonists from Arizona! What a great end to my life that would be ... not contemplating suicide, just thinking that by the time this expedition got to Mars, I'd probably be quite elderly and would doubtless not return to Earth in my lifetime ... I'd have to take Old Dog, the cat and the birds, too, and hopefully, there'd be a fantastic (if elderly) gentleman with dark muscles rippling under his spacesuit who would fall madly in love with me during the long journey to the Red Planet ... of course, when we got there, the change in gravity and some unseen element that scientists don't know about yet would cause both of us to regenerate into hot young things and we would quickly add to the population of our little group of colonials ... all of whom would be geniuses in their own right who would give us unconditional friendship and we would all discuss history, philosophy, cooking, textiles and the meaning of life during the long Mars evenings (no movies there, no Walmart, not even a Nordstroms) and ...

Well, yes, K, I would like to go to Mars.

"The Martians are us!" ~ Ray Bradbury

Bye now.
Closed Thread