Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 11:32 PM   #76  

Hi I'm still around, but a little disgusted with myself. Eatings been pretty good. Was better when I was exercising. Lately, I'm having trouble getting up in the morning. Keep hitting snooze. Need to go to bed earlier but not tired. Any suggestions would be appreciated.......Thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 06:28 AM   #77  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, all--just wanted to check in. Lisa, good to hear from you. Hang in there and take good care of yourself for these next two months. Cyan, to let you know--hubby likes his new job. Right now he is training on different assembly lines; he should receive a permanent assignment pretty soon. It's wonderful to have him working again. Donna, I wish I had a cure-all suggestion for you for the sleeping difficulty you are experiencing, but I am a sleep challenged person myself. Going back many years, I've struggled to get to sleep, stay asleep, sleep long enough, be rested. What I can suggest is to try to find the source of what's going on--stress, caffeine in the evening, not enough activity overall, too much activity in the evening, pain somewhere in your body, hunger, female hormonal goings-on, etc.--and try to address the cause. That's what I do. For me, that helps.

As far as food goes for me, I am trying, with limited success, to work the South Beach Phase 1--cutting out all flour and sugar basically. I am not able to give up a bowl of cereal before bed. I eat fiber cereal to keep myself regular and so I won't wake up hungry in the night. I also cannot do without fruit. Anyway, I have given up 90% of the flour. Hopefully that will make a difference. I'm still tired, though I got a lot of rest over the weekend. I'm just very behind in lots of stuff--home and school. I did finish one thing, though. All my written application materials for my permanent teaching position are finished and sent where they need to go. Now I only need to complete an on-line background check application. I will do that later this week.

Well, I'm going. We're doing standardized testing in school, so things are a bit easier this week. More later.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:40 AM   #78  
I will make it!

hey Ladies...its tuesday!

Hey Donna...try some essential oil therapy before going to bed...put some lavender essential oil with some water in a diffuser ....it will relax you and help you fall asleep..it works for me.

Hey Newie..good to hear that your hubby is doing well on the job. That must be very hard cutting back on the four and sugar...those are my weakness too...especially sugar...I have cut back on the carbs not I could never be as strict with it as in the atkins diet. I do however limit myself to pasta dishes once per week, I eat complex carbs for bread like whole wheat with flax or soya. I do know I feel good health wise..lots of energy so I am hoping to shed some pounds.

I havent weighed myself in awhile because everytime I do I am dissappointed and then I fall off the wagon. So now I am measuring once more.

Ok ladies as usual, I am at work so have a great OP day everyone

Cyan
Old 03-03-2004, 09:10 PM   #79  

Hi everyone

Lisa, Great hearing from you!! I cant believe your due date is in May...probably not to you, but to me, the time has flown by! Seems like a month ago you gave us the news. I think Joshua is a perfect name...I named my own son that. (Joshua Michael)

Cyan, how's the exercise going? I did 25 min on my AirWalker Monday nite but didnt get it done last nite. I am going to try again tonite tho. My eating since Monday has actually been fine...not over 1500 calories.

Newie, I am so glad your husband finally got to start work. It has to be a major relief for him and for you also. Not only the financial part but both of you being back in a normal routine.

Donna, dont get too disgusted with yourself. All of us here have the same probs as you so dont feel alone. We do well for awhile then go back a little. I couldnt live without my snooze button. I am not a morning person so I usually have to exercise at nite rather than in the mornings altho it's hard later because I'm tired by then. Extra tired if I do it but extra disgusted with myself when I skip...never ending cycle.

Well all...better go. Need to go pick the kids up from church.

MIKI
Old 03-04-2004, 09:12 AM   #80  
I will make it!

Its Thursday already...the last few weeks have gone by rather quickly. Tomorrow I have my first appointment for lasik eye surgery...I am considering it...I have been wearing contacts and eyeglasses for 20 years!! I think now is the time to finally get rid of them...we shall see. Wish me luck

Hey Miki...I did exercise last night...I used my row machine and did and upper body work out. I am trying to mix up my routine and do upper and lower alternating each day...so tonight it will be the lower on the bike.

I am also interested in trying out pilates so this weekend I will see if there is a good tape at costco's. I remember seeing them there.

Foodwise was good yesteday...I had roast chicken breast with carrots and corn for dinner and lunch was a whole wheat soy bagel with low fat cream cheese.

Today's lunch is yesterdays dinner....I dont know whats for dinner yet...not quite sure what I am in the mood for...we shall see...too early for me to think about it.

Well ladies...have a great OP day...later
Cyan
Old 03-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #81  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everybody! My week has been pretty good. Not too much work at school; we're doing standardized testing this week and next, so my lesson plans are cut by 2/3. I'm getting caught up on grading papers and getting some extra rest. I've been working too hard the last few weeks. I only have been doing schoolwork in the mornings (4 or 5 a.m.) this week. I am a morning person, and by 7 p.m. I really don't want to do anything, especially if I am generally overfatigued. Last night I ate quite a few triscuit type crackers before going to bed. I'm sure it was stress and fatigue that did it. I am really not able to keep up the elimination of carbs right now. I am just going to have to be reasonably sensible right now. I've just got too much going to really work on serious weight loss this minute. It's a never ending process, isn't it?

Well, I've got to go--there's a site I want to go to that will help me generate rubrics (evaluation/grading sheets) for composition assignments. I've got 25 rough draft essays to read in the morning, and anything that will help in the evaluation process is something I want. More later.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:15 AM   #82  
I will make it!

Hey Ladies

I cycled last night and did 5km...better than nothing...the music sucked! Anyway, dinner was a beef and vegetable stew with low fat feta...it was pretty tasty.

Lunch today is smoked meat...a specialty here in montreal...it rocks and its low fat too and high protein!!

and after my pre op eye test...my ever faithful friend Ivano is picking me up at the clinic since my vision will be affected and we are off to digest some well deserved SUSHI!!!! yay.

well thats all folks...have a great OP weekend

big hug

Cyan
Old 03-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi all....

Just thought I would check back in. I've fought bronchitis on and off since the beginning of the new year, but FINALLY seem to have shaken it for the 3rd time this year. We can hope!! ;-) I headed back to the gym last week and instead of just throwing myself back in full steam I'm building back up to where I was...hopefully that will make the difference between being able to maintain the exercise and getting sick again. Amazingly my weightloss seems to have continued and I'm now down into the 130's. I'm SO excited and SO surprised. 8-13 lbs more to go and then I'll just be maintaining. I'm more than 1/2 way there.

School has been keeping me insanely busy. This week, I'm going to focus on staying on top of papers at school, getting my house clean and sticking with my exercise.

Donna, sleep suggestions, I just read your last post asking for suggestions, so I may be off on my suggestion, I'll go back and read earlier ones and re-respond to this in a moment, but off the top of my head I've found that if I go to bed at the exact same time each night that helps. Also a hot bath or following the same routine each night helps too. I know that when I lie down in bed at a certain time each night I may or may not be tired (originally) but if I turn out the lights and tell myself under no circumstances can do I do anything else and it's time to sleep I generally fall off to sleep (even if I don't feel tired at first).

Lisa---2 more months left? WOW!!

Miki--Sounds like things are going well...I'm glad.

I've got another plan for this week, it is to walk to School in the AM. I live about a mile 1/2 from the school...I figure I can handle that especially since it's been so pretty here lately and then hoof it back home in the afternoon.

Cyan, measuring helps and not focusing on the scale does too. Just stick with those healthy habits and it sounds like you have done well with sticking with the exercise and cycling etc...even 5 kms is better than nothing. Keep it up!! Honestly it had been quite a few weeks since I'd last weighed, I think our focus on sticking with the numbers does exactly what you were talking about when we weigh and they aren't where we think they should be, it discourages us more than helps us.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week....I'm off to soak in the tub and begin my nightly routine.

Betty
Old 03-08-2004, 07:01 AM   #84  
Blooming Day by Day

Good morning, ladies! Not a whole lot to report this morning--we spent the weekend trying to get caught up on housework. Hubby and I both got paid (doesn't that sound wonderful?) this week, and we went grocery shopping--$250.00 worth of food!!! We'd really been economizing the last few months. It was nice to enjoy shopping for once. I also bought some clothes yesterday. I've been wearing the same few items to school over and over. Despite my food struggles this winter and a slight gain (1-3 pounds), I fit perfectly in size 14 short slacks!! Also, I bought some bras, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I no longer wear a 42DD. Now I wear a 40D! The only difficulty was that I had a terrible time finding tops. The plus size tops are now way too big, but the XL tops are often too tight through the chest and shoulders. I'm very broad-shouldered. I did find two sweaters that ran big, though, so I found something that worked for me. I guess I'll have to continue losing weight so I'll fit into those XL tops!

Nice to hear from you, Lobocal. Be careful about that bronchitis. I've had winters with it. It's horrible. Once I even developed pleurisy from coughing too much. Congrats on your progress.

Good luck on your lasik surgery, Cyan. I've heard a lot about it but never knew anyone directly who had it. You'll have to let us know what it's about and how it works.

Take care, Miki, with all you're doing. I've started to feel some effects from overdoing myself, so I've been cutting down, even if some stuff goes unfinished.

Well, I've got to go. I need to type up another worksheet for my beloveds. We're still testing for a couple of days, but I have to have a sub in the room for an hour while I give a make-up test to a student absent last week. If I don't keep them busy every second I'm gone, it'll be a free-for-all in the room because the sub we use really doesn't have much behavior control. I saw it firsthand Thursday and Friday when she was in my room for short periods. Have a good day, all!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #85  
I will make it!

Hello Ladies
Its monday again. I just got this wireless keyboard and mouse so I am getting used to them right now. The mouse in particular works different. It seems to be more sensitive so I am getting used to that.

This weekend was fun..I went to a sushi dinner party where I got to roll my own sushi!!! And boy was it fun...well let me tell you ladies...I can now roll my own sushi and I am good at it too!!! woohooooooooo

Sunday was a little quiet...just ran some errands and the silverbeega got a bath to wash off the winter salt.

I didnt do any intentional exercising so I am back to that tonight.
OH...I started the southbeach diet this morning so I will let you know how that goes.
at the sushi party I noticed my good friend was trimming down although she is very slim aready but she looked even thinner...so she told me she was on the southbeach diet to lose the last 5 pounds that she was having a hard time with.

So, I think it's time I try it and get serious about this. I havent been able to lose any amount of weight and I have noticed that on fitday, my carb and sugars are way to high. So I have given up my carnation morning breakfasts, whole grean breads, pastas, sweets, fruits for the initial phase of this diet which thank goodness only lasts for two weeks or 14 days...after that I will be able to eat fruits again which is a concern for me because I think they are huge cancer fighters and promote good health.

Well Ladies, wish me luck...its too early to tell you how I feel on the diet...since I just started it this morning but I am feeling a little hungry right now but nothing I cant deal with.

later

Cyan
Old 03-08-2004, 05:10 PM   #86  

Hi all...just a quick post to say hello. I'm at work at the moment and just happened to have a spare minute. Extra busy weekend with no exercise and not exactly the best food choices. I'll expound more on that later when there's more time. Tomorrow is my birthday which means cake at work...birthday dinner later in the week at my in-laws, lunch tomorrow with a friend....SIGH....always a reason to eat it seems. Anyway, I'll try not to do toooo bad!! Lobocal, great hearing from you! Everyone else...take care..I'll be back in with a longer post later. Better run for now!
'
MIKI
Old 03-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #87  
I will make it!

Default Its tuesday and day two

Hey Ladies

Happy Birthday Miki Let us know all about your festivities!

Hey Lobacal good to have you back.

Well day one of the southbeach diet is under by belt ...I have to be honest...I find it very very hard giving up sugar and carbs...I miss my quick carnation breakfasts...my fruit juices and fruits and whole grain breads!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....but I keep telling myself that in two weeks time, I will get back my skim milk, fruit juices, fruits and whole grains in moderation but at least I can have them again. So, Day two has begun with a fried egg ...I used Pam for the cooking spray and a glass of water. I am now enjoying a cup of coffee sweetened with twin instead of sugar.

Lunch is chili con carne...I made it myself so low fat meats, no oil added and no sugar. My snacks for the day will be chicken breast deli meats with low fat cheddar and olives. Dinner will be chicken breast with broccoli.

so I Hope I can do this once again and hopefully it will get easier until I can make it to phase 2 which will be better for me.

Ok Ladies, Have a great OP day

Cyan
Old 03-10-2004, 09:31 AM   #88  
I will make it!

Default Its Wednesday!

Hello Ladies

I have now successfully been on the southbeach diet two whole days...I am starting my 3 day today.

I now understand what a drug addict feels when they are going through withdrawal...I have this knawing feeling in my brain ...a constant crave for carbs and sweets and sugar...my mouth waters...it is very strange. But I rode them out much to my amazement. I am drinking lots of water, white tea and diet soda...I try to limit my diet soda to two cans per day...one cola and one non cola like diet sprite. I think they are saving me right now from losing it...just having something sweet in my mouht consoles me.

I cant wait to have this phase 1 be done with.

todays breakfast was a hardboiled egg with a glass of water. I am now enjoying a cup of coffee with twins sweetner.

Lunch will be tuna salad with olives and sour gherkins and a diet soda...my snacks are low fat cheese and two more eggs.

Afterwork I am going to pick up some egg beaters..I dont like eating all of these eggs..so I will substitue for breakfast.

Dinner will be grilled chicken witha chickpea salad and a seltzer to wash it down.

Wish me luck and have a great OP day

Cyan
Old 03-10-2004, 10:45 PM   #89  

Still only time for a very short post...just checking in. Cyan, sounds like you're really on track these days and planning ahead for your meals and snacks is a really smart thing to do. Good luck! Sorry to report I am still doing pitiful...fine one day, terrible the next. One of these days, I just know I"ll get my mind set right again. Well, gotta run...post more later.

MIKI
Old 03-10-2004, 10:48 PM   #90  

P.S....almost forgot...Thanks Cyan for the "happy birthday"...loved the cake, gifts and balloons you gave me..
Closed Thread