Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #1  
hangin' in there...

Default Stay at Home Moms #102

Welcome to a thread full of fun and encouragement as we find a balance between healthy living and raising families. All are welcome!

Last edited by gemini; 11-15-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:19 AM   #2  
hangin' in there...

Hi gang. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Welcome to all the new people! Please forgive me..... it will take me awhile to get to "know" you all.... I am terrible with names!!!

Spryng, congrats on your loss!!! Hope you are enjoying your time with dh!

Michele, I hope you are enjoying a speedy and pain-free delivery! Can't wait for your return with baby!

Ginny, hope you enjoyed your quiet house! And, did I congrat you on your loss??? If not, mea culpa!!!!

I hope everyone else is well and enjoying a nice weekend, so far.

So, my appointment with the surgeon went fine yesterday. He is sending me for a CT scan in 2 weeks. He hopes that he may not have to take the entire thyroid, but just the right lobe. The scan will tell him more. I will meet with him again on Dec. 5th to discuss the plans. Surgery will not be done until after the holidays, which is a relief. I really am not worried about life after the surgery...... I was hypothyroid for 10 years and took meds and know that you can live a fine life with little or no thyroid, once you find the right dose of hormones for your body. It is more the actual surgery, and scheduling around the kids that has me nervous. But, I will not have to worry about it much until after New Years, at least.

Well, gotta hit the shower. Dh is at work for a few hours this morning, and I promised dd that I would pull out the scrapbooking materials and work with her for awhile before ds's hockey practice this afternoon. We will probably have a quiet evening.... I have a couple of chicken breasts I will roast up for dinner, and maybe we'll rent a movie. I am also contemplating having a sundae night, since I have not had one in ages, and it would be a nice treat after a very busy and stressful week.

Tomorrow will be busy, with ds's hockey game in the morn, and then we will be traveling to CT to spend the rest of the day with young ds's godparents for their dd's b'day.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies! Talk Monday..............
Old 11-15-2003, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Well my day has been fantastic! I think we found "THE" house!! It was so beautiful. It's on 2 lots and has a HUGE fenced it yard (privacy fence) with a swimming pool... the house is in new condition. We could only see the outside... hopefully we'll get a tour of the inside tomorrow or monday. I'm so excited. but what we could see through the windows it was perfect! I can't wait. It's within our price range and all that too. But I'm nervous at the same time. I hope we can see it all soon and put in a bid!! I don't think it will last long.
Other than that we have been on the go all day. But I'm enjoying having Dh home.
Well, wish I could get more personal but you know how it is. TTYL!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:38 PM   #4  
Movin' to the Country!

Hi Everybody!!! So we got moved! I was a little panicked when I went to the old spot and found the new thread was gone!

Jen, hope everything goes ok with the CT scan and they are able to remove only a portion of your thyroid. I have hypothyroidism also and nodules on my thyroid but so far I haven't had any problems. At least you don't have to give it too much thought for a couple months!

Spryng, how exciting!!! I hope it looks as good on the inside and that you are able to put a bid on it before someone else. That is always the nerve-racking part! There were several houses we liked when we were looking to buy our first house and it always seemed we were 5 minutes too late! Is this house in the area you referred to before, about 45 min from in-laws? Let us know how it goes! When does dh have to leave again? How long is he usually gone at a time?

Well, I can't remember anything from the last thread...I am a mom after all and brain cells are in short supply

Hope everyone else is doing ok! Oh, just remembered something, Penny, cute picture!!! I posted pictures of myself and family on thread 101 and Spryng posted pictures of herself and kids on 96. Also, you can see Misty and her kids at http://community-2.webtv.net/hotmail.com/mistymichele74/Bigwater/

There have been some other pictures but I can't remember threads right off. Anyways, thanks! It's always nice putting a face with the name.

Ok, well, I think I am going to go eat an ice cream sandwich. I bought the "light" ones so it won't do me in!!! Hope everyone has a good night!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:15 PM   #5  
soontobethin

Why were we moved? Oh well, at least I found it. We have been shopping all day. It was fun. Too bad it was only for groceries. We got a membership to Sams club, and actullay saved money! Today was my "free" day, but I didn't over do it. In fact, I didn't gain any weight, and (I know that this isn't completey acurate, but it put me in a I know I can do it now mode) our scale has the body fat percentage on it and mine was down 5%, when it has been the same for a year.
Spyrng, enjoy your husband being home. The new house sounds great. Misty, I know your not reading right now, but I hope you have an easy and quick delivery. Ginny, I hope you do ok with the thyroid issue. My sister is 14, and we just found out she is having thyroid issues. I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:29 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Here is a pic of my BIG Breastfed Booby Baby

Andrew at 5 Months!

Penny
Old 11-15-2003, 09:32 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Last Picture......

This is my other two boys, Hunter, left 4 yrs. and Nicholas, right 3 yrs. old! And yes, we are SPIDERMAN fans........

And BATMAN, and SUPERMAN, and POWER RANGERS, and HULK...................
Old 11-15-2003, 09:34 PM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok last one ..... I promise,

This is my baby again
Forgive me, We have a new camera and I have been picture happy lately

They are just too cute not to capture

Penny
Old 11-15-2003, 10:24 PM   #9  
Domestic Engineer

Great pictures Penny! Your little guy is BIG! How much does he weigh?? He reminds me of my nephew- in looks and size...very cute! (your other boys too!) My Ian is a little peanut compared. He's almost 7 mo and is 15 lbs and a bit.

Ricci- Yay on the body fat going down! YOu know the pounds will follow

Spryng- good luck with the house and have fun with DH!! How long is he home this time?
Old 11-15-2003, 10:27 PM   #10  
Domestic Engineer

OK, I didn't hit post- I was trying to get to a new paragraph...weird.

Today I saw Brother Bear with my middle ds-- we try to do 1:1 dates with the kids...next time I'll take my oldest and DH will take middle. Baby doesn't need dates yet I guess It was cute and he really enjoyed it and time with mom.

I'm afraid that I've overdone a little with the eating and may change my weigh-in day...need to think about that. I thought Wednesday would be perfect....but I haven't been "in the mode" since then and don't want to be playing catch up the second half of the week all the time!!

Anyway, going to go watch hockey with DH- not my favorite, but it's become a Saturday night tradition.
TTYL!
Old 11-16-2003, 02:42 PM   #11  
Movin' to the Country!

Penny, cute kids! I breastfed both my kids until they were 16 months! I experience chronic mastitis and blocked ducts while nursing for the first 6 months (which on top of my already fair skin makes it pure torture) but somehow managed to stick it out both times with no supplementation! I love it (after the first 6 months) and wouldn't dream of doing it any other way!!!

Emily, I want to start doing the date thing. Ours are 2 and 4 and I think it would be a good idea so spend a little more one on one time. Especially with my dd. She hasn't gotten near the attention her older brother got, simply because there are now 2 kids to split the attention between. What age did you start doing the "date" thing?

Spryng, hope you got to get in to see the inside of the house today! Let us know how it was!

Ricci, congrats on the loss! My home scale is not very reliable either so I always weigh on the scale at the office but at least you know you lost!!! I desperately need to get my BMI down! I went to mybodycomp.com and you measure all different body parts for a more accurate result and mine was 37%!!!
It said my abdomen and calves were especially needing attention. Well, I knew about the abdomen but had no idea about the calves. They don't look especially chunky but I went in and tried on a pair of boots yesterday and couldn't get them zipped over my apparently extremely FAT calves! So, I am going to be doing some calf exercises, whatever those might be!

Jen, hope you had fun in CT!

Misty, hope your delivery went quick and easy and your now holding your new baby boy!!!

Hi to everyone else!!! Look forward to hearing how your weekends went!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

I think I got it now.... let's see if this works:

The 1st is Will and the little guy is Tony (2 1/2 & 5 months in the pics)
Old 11-16-2003, 03:44 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Well I almost got it.... that's Tony at about 5 months. He'll be 6 months on the 19th - time sure flies! Not quite as big as your little guy Penny!!

Here's Will:
Old 11-16-2003, 03:48 PM   #14  
2BoysMom

Yeah! I'm not at computer illiterate as I thought!!

Hi to all. It's almost time for th Packer game so I'll keep this short - not that I see much of the games these days with the 2 boys around. Both are napping now.

Loved everyone's pictures so I had to get my boys out there.

Spryng ... good luck on the house.

Candy, I personally think they make boots for those stick thin leg women!

Misty, do we have another little boy yet???

Notice I never talk about weight loss? I'll get to that as soon as I'm done working!!! TWO MORE WEEKS!!

TTYL!
Old 11-16-2003, 03:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Guess who's back????
And still carring baby in belly! Bah! It was a super nutty day yesterday. The amnio was done at 10 am, the results came back sometie aroud 12 noon and it appears he isn't ready for the world yet. His lungs registered 37% mature the OB suggested 50% was more favorable. I needed to be monitored for a few hours after the amnio, and guess what? Contractons 3 min apart and very painful. It was a nightmare to go into labor just after the dr tells us the baby isn't ready to be born. Well we finally got the contractions to stop. I was left to be monitored awhile longer and finally sent home. I didn't want to come home. I'm just scared that I'll go into labor again. The OB seems to think that won't happen and scheduled to see me again on Wed. at 9am. I'm exausted. My poor Dh looks like he aged 10 years over all this. He just left a few minutes ago to do some catching up on the farm. Poor guy. I was shocked that he actually stayed with me during the amnio (needles make him sorda squimish). Weird experience. Have any of you ever had one? For the most part painless. Sorda felt like being flipped in the belly with a rubberband when they put the needle into the sack. The shot to numb my belly first was probably the worst part of it all because the medicine burned alittle.
So anyhow, I'm back and just kinda taking it easy so I don't stir up anymore contractions. I'll try and get more personal later. But for now I think I'd better go lie back down.
Closed Thread