Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 02:25 PM   #16  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I didn't get a bikini wax...lol just my toes....lol Too funny tho..lol

I don't ever pay full price for anything,,,expecially clothes now.
Well I better run and do my thing at work....
Angie
Old 11-10-2003, 08:21 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies-

Well today I started Atkins. We'll see how I feel in a couple days. Right now I feel really tired. Not to hungry (which is nice) but very tired. I guess, part might be that I was up at 5:30.
I weighed myself today and did my measurments. Not too happy with the weigh in... up 3lbs. But I'm working on it. I hate the scale so I don't want to have to weigh myself every week. I'm thinking of weighing in only once a month!! I've been browsing around here and there are a lot of people who are scale addicts!!

Jana-- thank you for posting your soup recipe. I want to make some for my grandmother.....hopefully I won't be too tempted to eat it all myself!!

Angie--waxing?! I've never tried it. I would like to though... shaving get's old after awhile. I'm just so glad we don't have excess facial hair!!

Kayecee--I sure hope them poor students of yours aren't getting warped!! You have such a great sense of humor... I bet your kids love having you!!

Petra--How are things going for you? Getting better?? Hope so!!

Cristi--How'd you like the soup? It's good for really cold days!!

Well ladies... I am really tired!! So I am going to get some dinner rest in front of the tube, then head to bed!

You all take care!!

marti
Old 11-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #18  

Default Just a quick note

Hey Y'all! I did my weigh in today and I am down to 248 1/2! I hope CAD keeps working. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'll post individual notes tomorrow. Night.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:17 PM   #19  

Default Hey! Where is everyone?

Is it my breath? Well, DH got home yesterday and we had a MAJOR fight. *sigh* That's why I didn't get to post much yesterday. Don't know if this one is gonna blow over. I have seriously been giving consideration to the big D. At least my house is clean. When I am ticked, I clean like a mad woman.

Angie- I didn't know you could get your toes waxed! LMAO Well, that's better than a bikini wax. I think I could stand to get my toes done.

Marti-You'll feel tired for a few days. Your body is used to having an ample supply of carbs to burn for quick energy. It's not getting them now, so it takes a few days for your body to switch gears. The doctors who wrote the CAD book says that it is better to weigh every day then average the weights at the end of the week. That way, you don't happen to step on the scale when you have a lot of water retention and get depressed or get a false sense of euphoria if you happen to be down more than normal. I like using the doctor's scales, so I only go once a week.

See y'all later. I didn't go to work after last night, so I guess I'll go clean more.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:36 PM   #20  

Hello all!!

Well first day of doing Atkins went well. I felt like I was starting to get a headache, but it never got that bad! I just don't want it to EVER get bad. And eating what's on the list of foods I can eat, isn't as terrible as I thought. I have ate more eggs, than I have all year!! Hope my neighbors don't catch wind!

Kayecee--Sorry to hear about the fight with your Husband. I hope it doesn't come down to the big "D" but if you need us for support we are here for you!
Weighing in everyday?! I don't know if I could do that. But maybe I could give it a try. I am trying to find my old measurments from when I worked at Sony.....having trouble figuring out where I put it. I know I won't like the comparison..*sigh* Oh well.. I'm working on it now.

Today there is no school, so I am taking advantage and trying to catch up on my homework. What a way to spend a day off!!

I will post more later on ladies....

Take care
marti
Old 11-11-2003, 04:46 PM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

Kayecee, WTG on your loss! WOOHOO! Sorry to hear about you and DH. We are here for you Kayecee if you want to talk or not talk

I know I can't weigh in everyday ladies. I tried it once and it drove me Last week also, for some reason the scales were calling my name and I got on then several times and I will never do that again. Whatever I weigh on Friday that is what I am taking. I get too frustrated.

Marti, the soup was My son smelled it cooking upstairs and thought it was meatloaf! We will definitely be haivng it again! Now to try Jana's Chicken Noodle soup.

Today has been a good day for me except for this horrendous I woke up with. This weather is ******ed! Yesterday it was 60 something and today 68-what is up with that? I am not really complaining but it is crazy because it is warm one day and cold the next, I don't know how to dress anymore. I did my WATP video and 15 mn. bike ride and hav gotten 2-1 liter bottles of water down. I had one diet coke so far today and I will have one for dinner and that is good for me.

Hi to everyone else. Hope EVERYONE is having a great day. TTFN ladies.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:14 PM   #22  

Hi all!!

This place isn't too busy today is it? Hope you're all enjoying the day.

Cristi--I love the smilies! Where did you get them?

Today I went up to my sisters and got a hair cut. Looks short! But it's cute. While I was there, my BIL got a call from one of his sisters, and we could tell just by his body language it wasn't a good phone call. His older brother was in a Mill accident. I guess one of the boards he was working on, shot out and went through the plexi-glass that he was behind and hit him right in the jaw. It crushed his jaw and dislocated it. I couldn't believe it. I was surprised that he lived! He was in surgery while they were talking. They don't know yet how he's doing. I felt so bad!! I can't even imagine!! Before I left my town to go to my sisters, I seen the ambulance and police cars at the mill,,,, I just had no idea who it was!!

How is everyone doing? How are we all doing on our challenge? I haven't done anything yet today..... will do that later tonight.

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say hello.....

Take care
Marti
Old 11-11-2003, 11:29 PM   #23  

Default Hey Y'all!

Well, I think everything is calming down a little here. DH went away for four days and spent the whole time being razzed by a guy cuz he missed a deer. (He was... uh... answering a call of nature when a buck came by- his gun was laying a few feet away. ) Anyway, this guy was a guest of ours and can be a bully at times. He just doesn't know when to stop aggravating someone. To make a long story short, DH had 4 days to endure the ragging then came home and took his frustrations out on me by acting like a total . I finally figured out what had happened and SIL and his niece came over and chewed his head. He's usually so sweet so I didn't know what in the world was wrong. We all had a prayer meeting and sent the devil on down the road. He feels like a total butthead now. (BTW the "guest" definitely won't be invited back! ) Just so you won't think that I jumped the gun in thinking about the big D, we have had a few disagreements over the past few weeks and this was just the final straw to my nerves. I think DH knows that he is walking on thin ice now and I am about to LOL (It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I bet I'll have dinner waiting! )

for all the girls!

Marti- Ah Ha! And here I thought it was my breath that had scared everyone off, but it was really you and your eggs! I'm glad the Atkins plan is doing well for you. Are you getting back your energy? I love devilled eggs. They make a great low carb snack. I'm glad to hear your headache wasn't too bad. That sux to spend a day off studying.

Cristi- I was wondering where you were getting the adorable new smilies from then I saw them on the list. Aren't some of them so cute? Weighing every day is definitely not for everyone, but if you're gonna do it, averaging weights is the only way to keep sane. Our weather has been absolutely too! We're all gonna keel over with pneumonia! Sorry about your headache. Hope you feel better.

Where is everyone? Y'all haul your butts back here and report in before I make you drop and give me twenty!!!! Night Y'all! for tomorrow. (Even with the trauma, I am still OP! )
Old 11-11-2003, 11:34 PM   #24  
just call me skinny

Busy, busy, busy that's why I have been MIA but, I got a little time tonight to catch up on everything.
Kayecee - sorry about the fight, I hope you are doing ok here are some good vibes from me

Marti - hope your BIL's B is ok, you'll have to let us know. How's your grandma doing?

I had WI tonight and I made 25 lbs. thats down another 1.8 lbs. never thought I could do 1 lb. now I worry about keeping it off for the rest of my life. I have more to go, I started at 190 and want to get down to a 140-145. (What size do you think that is? ) I'm 5'6" and 36 yrs old do you think that is an unreasonable goal? When I don't worry I do ok OP. So we keep on trucken don't we
at my WW meeting tonight she talked about learning how to play again so here's a question for all - what do you do to play? (or be active)
later everyone, I hope you are all having a good week
Old 11-11-2003, 11:40 PM   #25  

Default Sorry Marti and Petra!

We were posting around the same time and I missed your second post. (I also went to the kitchen for water so it took me a little longer than you two.)

Marti- I just loved your hair in your picture that you had posted. (BTW your chihuahua looks just like my Buttons.) Your hair was so becoming. IMHO I think short hair looks better on you than the long hair I saw you with. I think the short hair makes you look younger. OMG- I hope your BIL's brother is o.k. It sounds like he was very lucky! I'll remember him in my prayers. Here are some . Sounds like the poor guy needs them. That must have freaked you out when you realized that you passed the Mill just after his accident. Well, hope you got all your exercises in.

Petra- Glad to see you back. I am the same age and a few inches taller than you. When I was in high school, I weighed 130 at my lowest and wore a size 11/12. I know that sounds large, but I look like an absolute bone in pictures. I think it wouldn't be unreasonable for you to go under 150. So now are you at 165? (If I did my math right.) You don't have much to go! on the loss! for the .

Last edited by Kayecee; 11-11-2003 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:56 AM   #26  

Hello again ladies---

James just started his trucking job yesterday and he's training on nights, so I'm sitting here all alone and being lonely!! Been making phone calls to all my friends I used to work with. And after seeing what time it was I figured it was too late to make some more!!

Kayecee-- You are not the only one who likes my hair short. I never did anything with it when it was long, unless I was going out with a bunch of friends and was trying to get all dolled up! I just don't think it frames my face as well as the short. And with the weight loss, it looks even better.

Petra--I don't think getting down to 140-145 is unreasonable at all. I think it would be great. And I'm sure you'll reach that goal too!! I'm aiming for 125lbs. I'm short....barely 5'1"....I haven't been that thin since my daughter was about two... something happened and it just kept going up and up!!(bad relationship, depression.... all that emotional crap) Didn't realize I had a problem until I reached 175lbs. w/in a year!! I'm hoping to see 125 on the scale again someday!

Oh yeah... Kayecee--- with your CAD... do you feel you're being deprived of any foods you used to eat? I keep thinking of foods that I want but can't have. And it's not like I'm not following the diet...but for some reason... I STILL have cravings. And then... I started feeling bummed about all the holiday cookies and pies that I make every year......I don't know if I'm going to make it on this Atkins! And that in itself really bothers me. I know it's only day two...but still. (see what happens when I'm home alone and start thinking!!) I honestly think I did so much better when I just watched my portions and then reported to someone my weight and measurments. I don't know!!! I guess I'm just voicing everything I've been thinking tonight!!! I keep thinking why I started this BEFORE the holidays. Isn't that a bad way of thinking?????

Ok.. enough of all that... I have got to snap out of it. I have got to make this work. OR.... do some research, find a friend and find something that I know will work w/out feeling like I'm depriving myself... I know,... it's selfish thinking.. but that is the frame of mind I'm in right now!!

Oh yes... I like these new smilies. I guess I figured out where you got them Cristi!!!

Ok ladies... I'm going to go get ready for bed!! Night!
Marti
Old 11-12-2003, 09:14 PM   #27  

Hello everyone....anyone?? Where is everybody?

I hope everyone is doing fine and having a good Wednesday. Today was a good day for me. Went to class and had an exam. Business English. I think I did pretty well. I have another on in Accounting this Friday. I feel a little better about this next one. I'll cross my fingers and hope I do well.

Today is day three on the Atkins. I was talking to James about it and told him that right now, I really don't have confidence that this is going to work. And with an attitude like that... how will it? He told me to just stick w/it during the induction period and see how I feel. That's two weeks!! Ahh!!! I am sticking w/it, it's just that I crave the things I can't have right now such as a bowl of cereal and milk!! I don't know girls.. I guess I'm still just whiney about it all. Sorry!!

Well, I'm going to browse around then do some homework. I'll check in later and see if anyone has been by!!

Marti
Old 11-12-2003, 10:22 PM   #28  

Unhappy Didn't y'all hear me?

I said haul your butts back here! Where is everyone?!?

Petra- I missed your question about playing last night. Hey, with teaching elementary, I run after kids all day long. I'm too pooped to play. No, seriously, today I had duty, so during recess I walked as fast as I could around the playground. (That served 2 purposes: 1. I got exercise. 2. The tattlers didn't want to chase me down to whine. Only the kids with serious problems went to the trouble of catching me! That really helps the nerves. ) Let's see... I sometimes walk the dogs and kids- or they walk me- whichever. My dream exercise is swimming but, alas, we have no pool. I would also love to ride the horse, but she is still a little nutzoid. Oh, and it sounds silly, but riding a four-wheeler is good. My butt bounces around so much that it has to be doing something. And, oh, the arms... they can get so sore from the steering! I am gonna start at a gym that has the toning beds next week. I may just pay 24 bucks to lay there and look stupid. Who knows? But I'll see if I think it helps. What do you do for exercise?

Marti- Sorry you're lonely. I'm sad for you. I'll be on for a while if you get too bored. O.k.- Atkins. They say that your cravings will disappear. I don't know if that is true. I tried Atkins- for about 20 minutes one day. K- maybe a little longer than that. My cravings didn't disappear after a few days, so I crashed and burned. Knowing that I couldn't have so many things drove me nuts. I say that if you really want this to work, give it a few more days and see if it gets easier. If not, you may want to go back and do watching portions and reporting. That's better than driving yourself crazy then going on a binge when you can't stand it any more. Honestly, I am NOT deprived on CAD. I was past 250 pounds so you KNOW I am a BIG eater. I honestly forgot to eat lunch Saturday and Sunday. I am not sticking 100 % to CAD. They don't allow snacks between meals and I get too hungry at school if I do that, so I snack on devilled eggs, cheddar cheese, or peanut butter. They also want you to start the reward meal with 2 cups of veggies, but after a salad at lunch, I can't stomach a lot more veggies. I usually have something like a couple of slices of ham and some cheddar for breakfast. I drink a couple of cups of coffee throughout the morning. (They want you to limit yourself to one cup and get it down within 15 minutes.) For lunch, I have something like a salad or tuna fish and celery. (I love that!) Then I have a snack. For supper, I have a normal meal, but smaller portions. Tonight, for example, I had a pork chop, 1/2 cup gravy, a bunch of asparagus, and a small pastry. It's 3 hours later, and I am not the least bit hungry or craving a thing. I have passed up the candy cart and chocolate donuts in the lounge today. They also had turkey and dressing in the lunchroom today. I ate my salad and did not once long for the dressing. I know what their dressing tastes like and I wanted pork chops more. Something about just knowing that for 60 minutes a day, I can have anything I want has given me a willpower that I didn't know I had. And I don't let myself get ravenous. If I start to feel hungry, I grab a low carb snack. And the water seems to make me feel better. Sorry for rambling, but did that help?

See y'all later.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:35 PM   #29  

Marti- I forgot- how is BIL's brother? Hope he is doing well. Oh, and you said that it helps you to report. Do you think a food thread where we report everything we eat and drink each day would help you? I'm willing if you need to.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:01 PM   #30  

Hey Kayecee--

I guess it's just you and me today!

Your words of wisdom have helped. I've been thinking exactly what you wrote... If this missing foods too much get's out of hand to where I end up binging.. then I'm just going to go back and do what really worked for me before. I'm kind of wanting to find somewhere that I can have someone weigh and measure me... as long as I don't have pay and arm and a leg for it!

I do like the idea of keeping a food record! I'll let you start it!

Oh Petra--- I didn't see your question either.... what do I do to play? In the summer James and I bought a badmitton set. That's fun, but during the winters... nothing like cranking up the music and dancing around the house with no cares in the world. Of coarse if anyone was home that would be embarrassing!!

Ok back to you Kayecee---just how long does it take for cravings to stop? What happens if they NEVER stop? Well, in the book it says that if you still have cravings then you need to look at what your eating more closely and then limit even more! What the ****? Am I suppose to just start grazing in the field? Or is that too high in Carbs?

They say that some diets work great for some people while others it doesn't. Well Atkins is terrible. (right now anyway) At least with portion control, I never deprived myself. Sheesh... and it wasn't too long ago I was saying "oh it won't be too hard" and "if I want it really bad I can do it" and just pretty much prasing atkins before I even started!! I'll give it the induction period but if nothing happens and I don't start feeling better... off I go. Does that make me a failure???

Whew! I feel better getting this off my chest. James heard a lot of it this morning and was trying so hard to be supportive. He told me that he would support what ever decision I make... but to at least try and make it through the induction period. I'm trying!! What a whiner I am after only three days!!!

Ok,,, I have a few more things to do for homework... I may post later on.

Kayecee--- start that food report thread. I'll do it with you.

Take Care
Marti
Closed Thread