Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 10:12 PM   #1  
surprising everyone

Thumbs down New Year's Challengers vs Labor Day Challengers Week 1

Thought I would remind you all of my origional post:

Okay ladies..... Before you grumble that it's not even fall yet.... let me stop and remind you that I heard a million times last year (in the month of December) "If I would have only started sooner".... okay.... okay...... so here is your reminder.
Some of us have got 20 pounds to loose, some of us 40, maybe even more.... Lots of us made the commitment that "next year my New Years resolution will be Not to have to lose weight".... So it's time to get your buns in gear and make a commitment.

Anyone game for a good challenge? Threw several Holidays, cold weather, changing schedules???? Only serious loosers or looser wanna-be's need apply!

I would like to find a good group of ladies who will commit to the long haul.... sadly most will drop out!...... No shaggers please!

I promise to motivate, encourage and be accountable.....Wouldn't it be wonderful to wear that sexy Christmas dress? Even if it was just for your husband?
I just received a post from Labor Day Challengers.....
Instead of joining our group they want to challenge our group.... Pound for pound...every week and then a total on New Years Day! They would like to start on November 1st and work threw the rest of the year. What do you all think? I think it would be fun, encouraging and motivating! And I think we could give them a "run for their money" so to speak. I mean afterall we rock don't we? I think we are all pumped enough to take on this challenge.
So now we begin week one with a bang. The following are the statistics that I was provided with on the last post. If anyone wants to be added to this list just let me know and I will edit this post! Here's to a great week of loosing weight and also kicking their booties!

Jenn4Jesus------------>193
Cat90------------------->159
Dewcan---------------->197.5
Chacha----------------->178
Kentuckygal----------->192
Southernbutterfly---->144.8
Christian--------------->152
Carlie------------------->238
Newmetobe----------->236
Jessi1217-------------->238
Aquareggie------------>173.5
dav310----------------->190
Angehopeful----------->155
HvnlySunshine-------->196
***Fun Facts*****
Our combined weight is 2,642.8 pounds
Our average weight is 188.77

Best wishes to our competition!We look forward to becoming great friends with you all!

Last edited by Jenn4Jesus; 11-02-2003 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:34 AM   #2  

Default Hi

I hope its not to late for me to post my weight for the challenge. I lost 2 lbs this week. I am 196 lbs now.

Have a great week.. Debbie
Old 11-02-2003, 10:14 AM   #3  

Hi Debbie!

Angehopeful, we usually weigh in on Fridays. Fridays are when we'll report our weight loss for the week, if I understand it right. But let's say you weigh in on Wednesdays. You could still report your weight on Fridays for the challenge. But only post your weight loss once for the week... on Fridays. Hope that made sense. You don't have to post every single day, but we've found it helps keep us on track.

I had a vegan day yesterday! Hubby and I went out, and I was planning to have vegan food where we went. But there was a last minute change o' plans. Oh-oh! But, never fear... I took one for the team! I found the one vegan thing on the menu and had that. So one good eating day under my ever-looser belt.

OK, we're gonna kick some butt... of course, our competition's butts are gonna get smaller, so the target might be harder to reach... but we're gonna do it.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:28 PM   #4  
Take Out Queen

AR ~ Way to go you vegan diva you!!!

My goal for this week is to shed another two pounds, I hope I can stare tempatation in the face and get this ball rolling. I was very pleased with myself last week so I am going to do the same thing and kick in the exercise!!

Well, Halloween is over, unpack the christmas tree!!! hehe! I am so excited, the time is approaching fast for me to visit my family and I CAN'T WAIT!!

Good luck to us in the next week and may we be the best losers!!!! And remeber we are all here for the same reason and lets be as supportive to one another as possible because the road to loss is more fun when you have friends to keep you company!!!

~Carlie

Last edited by Carlie; 11-02-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:56 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

Well Done Debbie

Great Job sticking to plan Aqua

I'm having a lazy Sunday here but i'm trying to 'talk' myself into exercising I WILL..i promise I must be bored because i keep wandering into the kitchen and looking for something to eat i've got to stop that! Think i'll add everthing up and see how i'm doing
Old 11-02-2003, 06:29 PM   #6  
surprising everyone

Just came home from my weekend trip to Wal-Mart. I stock piled the cart with all kids of food for this week's lunches and dinners. Everything that went in was well thought out and the lables were read very carefully! So I am looking forward to a good week of being on track!
Are all of you ready? Have any of you made "special" preperations for the week? If so I would love to hear your ideas! I am so stressing about good food choices.... and also portion sizes. I know thats where I mess up so much!
This last week I managed to not drink any pop for 6 days... that's pretty good considering I was drinking lots every week. And I am so surprised I didn't drop any weight due to giving up red meats and pork....hmmmm........ Maybe it's because my carbs are still on the slightly high side? Calories have to be in check this week in order for me to loose.... It's the week before TOM and I always gain...gain...gain.
My thoughts are with you all! Blessings!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #7  

To get ready for the challenge, I went to the grocery store this weekend and stocked up on lots of healthy foods. I also made sure to wash all of my laundry so that I will not run out of workout clothes. I'm planning to go to the gym every night after school. This is the week before tom for me as well, which means that the scale will probably go up instead of down. I hate that!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 06:50 PM   #8  
surprising everyone

Glad to hear that you looked temptation in the face and said "NO!" way to go!!!!
I am hopping over to fitday to see how many calories I managed to consume today! Will post the results in a few!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:13 PM   #9  
surprising everyone

Okay.... Results are in..... 1089 calories for the day. Not too bad... So that means if I don't "snarf" anything else today I will be down close to a pound! Yippee! We'll see in the morning! Hope you all are on track so far today!
Old 11-03-2003, 08:44 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

Not added up cals for yesterday and today yet i know yesterdays will be higher than i wanted because i kept snacking for some reason today is definitely better..apart from a girl at work tempting me with a chocolate covered maraschino cherry i've been very good I only tried the one so i've been doubly good because they are so GOOOOODD!!

Jenn..how on earth do you do your calculations you must be doing a heck of a lot of exercise to burn enough to lose a pound a day or is it more than a day i can't figure it out

I'm going to go and treadmill not in the mood but i'll try for a couple of miles
Old 11-03-2003, 10:28 PM   #11  
surprising everyone

Hey cat.... I have a few advantages. First off I am heavier and secondly I have a very active lifestyle.... often I burn between 3500-4200 calories in a day and we know that 300 calories equal a pound... so if I have a high activity day and a low calorie day then things tend to be in my favor... I use fitday to add everything up for me the only thing I have to do is keep an eye on how many portions I eat and how long I do certain activities....
Now for my confession.... During my show "Everwood" which is the only thing I watch on TV, I grabbed a bag of pistachio nuts and began chowing.... sooooooooo..... I have to go back into fitday and repent..... so I don't think I got an advantage today but I will be super dooper good tomorrow! I didn't have a whole bag but I did have several servings.... Guess I just needed something to do with my hands and the house smelled so good from hubby cooking dinner..... I made a better choice but not the perfect choice...Make any sense? Going to hop off of here and get to bed.... Have a good night
Old 11-03-2003, 11:11 PM   #12  
Take Out Queen

Hey ladies.... I'm BEAT! My first day working full-time, yikes I forgot how long these days can be, especially a monday! I was very good today and kept my carb eating in the early morning - I cannot functin without a slice of peanut butter on toast!! I have to get to bed, I'm soooooo tired!! Talk to you all later!

~Carlie
Old 11-04-2003, 07:58 AM   #13  
surprising everyone

I know what your saying Carlie..... I am into my new Full time Job six weeks now.... and after being a stay at home mom for 7 years it was a major adjustment getting into a new schedule and I found myself mentally spent at the end of the day. I hope that you learn to enjoy your job as much as I have... It makes all the difference in the world...
Speaking of, I need to get going... I have to take a few hours off at the end of the week and I need to make up some hours before then.....
Old 11-04-2003, 09:54 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

I love my new job and its having the opposite effect on me i was up yesterday at 3am waiting to go to work so i did lots of ironing before i left it was pointless lying in bed i've done that before and ended up feeling like i want to sleep at 7am when i should be up..anyway, i can't do that anymore until after christmas maybe the novelty will have worn off by then and i won't be bounding out of bed anymore
Old 11-05-2003, 11:52 AM   #15  

I wish I loved my job enough to bounce out of bed in the morning!!! Maybe one day....

I went to the gym Sun, Mon, and Tues. I'm taking tonight off. I have class until 8:30, so I know I'll be beat!! I'm also VERY sore this morning!! I'm going to try and make myself go in the morning, because I have a hair appointment tomorrow night.
Closed Thread