Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 09:24 PM   #16  
Hot Stuff

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! There has been a Fantastic Food Find!

While shopping yesterday at ye Royal Market (otherwise known as WalMart) I happened upon the cookie aisle. Purely by accident, of course. Lo and Behold, there before me sat an interesting new treat...something called Thinaddictions. Three cookies, no oil involved, for 90 calories...hmmm...might be worth spending the $3.00. I picked the almond chocolate chip, for what is a cookie without chocolate or nuts? Tried some this evening, and they are GOOD! They come wrapped three to a package (90 calories) and resemble melba toast, thin wafers with the same degree of crunch....but are like finely sliced biscotti! Three of them go quite well with a cuppa. There were a few other flavors...almond by itself...something with cranberry, I believe. I'll be stocking up on them!

Hiya Baggz...yes, I remember seeing you on the Alternachick forum! No reason why cows can't wear tiaras, too!

Monday is approaching with lightning speed, girls....fasten your seatbelts...no falling off the wagon this week!
Old 10-26-2003, 10:57 PM   #17  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, Bagzz, thanks for welcoming us to the neighborhood!!! I keep saying "COWASAURUS ARSIMUS REX" out loud and chuckling to myself!!!!! And I agree with Wildfire that the cows next door seem quite ly and hospitable!

Wildfire, that would make three cookies for 2 points in my flexpoints world!!! I haven't seen 'em but will make a beeline for them. I love biscotti, but some are quite high in calories!! Thanks for the info!

Cerise, I think the concept now is for everyone to post their own challenges and/or challenges for the royal group and to do them all on one ongoing thread while we continue to have general discussions as well. Hmmm. That sounds complex, but then, well, we are complex, are we not? Om shanti!

Anyhow, Zadie was mentioning the winter solstice as a possible challenge date and that sounds like an interesting idea!

Good luck to all 5 O'clock Jocks! Thou art better s than I!

Report on challenges I am currently participating in: Lose-A-Pound-This-Week (Yowza, in progress!); 21-Days OP (Current Day 1)!

Avanti, all!
Old 10-27-2003, 05:48 AM   #18  

Hello all!

Hee hee- best laid plans and all that... I am really having a hard time staying awake this extra hour...

Isnt it nice the neighbors welcomed stopped by with w/ a big "Welcome"??
--------------
Thought of the day:
Don't waste time regretting yesterday instead of making a memory for tomorrow.
--Laura Palmer

Question of the day :

"Do you call a big sandwich a dagwood, hoagie, sub, grinder or.......???"

----------------

Take care all...
Old 10-27-2003, 05:58 AM   #19  
deleted2

Thanks for the welcome, serene neighbors! I like the idea of our palace in such a pastoral setting.

I also like the idea of a Winter Solstice challenge!

I did it! I hauled my carcass up out of slumber and shuffled to the living room and did a pilates video. I vaguely remember doing it.....as the habit gets stronger so will my alertness, I hope!

Off to work---today's the day I meet 2 new co-workers!

Old 10-27-2003, 07:59 AM   #20  
Momma Frog

Hello all!!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dh got a part time job. He's just going to be night stocking for a local grocery store, but it's money coming in. He'll continue to go on interviews and everything during the day to find another job. Possibly another part time job or a full time job to replace this one. But needless to say, I'm a little releaved. It won't be much money, but maybe enough to pay a bill here and there.

That's my news for today. Everything else still the same.

Thanks for the new thread! I luv it...
Old 10-27-2003, 12:04 PM   #21  
Spreadin' the luv.

Red face Monday morning.

Good morning, Courtly Something-or-others.

Eydie, Zadie, Winter Solstice sounds great for a challenge! Er, when is that? That's the shortest day of the year, right? I'm gonna look for some ceremonies online that I can do on that day. I spent Summer Solstice with some like-minded people at my church doing meditation, sun salutations, chanting, sharing scripture, and basically thanking God for light in all its manifestations. I'll betcha there's some good stuff on the mystery of darkness and rest...

Frogger! Excellent news for your little family! You guys have been so brave and positive - you seem to have really stepped up the the challenge of living well during a difficult time. You're not just survivors, you're thrivers! *Oprah would be so proud of me.*

Er, I didn't get up at 5 this morning. Nope. I don't even know if I can try - it would mean going to bed earlier, which would mean giving up at least an hour of Ramon-time. Naw. I'm gonna stick to my plan of working out after my work's done and before he gets home. Sorry to the 5 o'clock jocks. Silly me.

Kaylets, I too am still basking in the warmth of kind bovine attention. QOD yesterday: if time/money weren't an issue, I'd be here, with Ramon, but not working. By not working, I mean not holding down a job just to pay the rent - I'd be volunteering at children's hospitals, pet rescue places, crafting, sipping tea at the window, etc. QOD today: Uh, I call big sandwiches "Big Damn Sandwiches."

Amarantha, thanks for the new accomodations! I like watching the Towel Boys, though Ramon has kindly offered to follow me to this new place and continue on as my own Towel Boy/Masseur. Yes, you're right, nous sommes très compliquées (sp?), but that's what makes us kewl.

Wildfire, thanks for the nummy cookie alert. They DO sound like something lovely to have with a cuppa. Wonder where the Wal-Mart is around here...

Ceara, rooooast. MMMMM. I miss roast sometimes. I made a **** of a pot roast back in the day. Ah, well. Beans and rice usually helps when I'm jonesin' for meat. Besides, if I ate meat now it would make me vewwy ill.

Zadie, good goals, and totally doable IMO. I think I'm going to set some sort of "minimum workouts per week" goal and something to do with reducing calorie intake that doesn't actually involve calorie-counting. I'm such a goober.

Hey, wsw! How's your fall weather? We're actually getting a break from rain for three days - we have crisp, cool days with falling leaves. Shocker for Seattle.

OK, dears, off we go. Kaylets, can I get my Fresh Start card in sunshine yellow?

Kissy, kissy.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:04 PM   #22  

Smile Marvelous Monday

Just popping as its raining sheets of rain-- I did the stairs twice today and so far have been exactly on point-- although I had to do a Uturn away from the switchboard candy dish.....

So ....

Full of sinus medicine and feel achey and raggedy....

YUM!

Frogger, I know you are relieved that DH found something..
and things will improve too-- gives you some breathing room...

Did I mention I found a "Potatoes Instead of Prozac " book...
scanned it some yesterday... was glad to see the white vs brown list agreeing w/ DH's diabetic food guideline list.

Cerise- You are hysterical -- BIG D SANDWICHES.. I like that one the best!

oh man-- wouldnt a nap be great??
Old 10-27-2003, 01:33 PM   #23  
Empress/Queen

Yowza! I think I need to be in brevity mode as I posted so much yesterday! Don't wanna hog the palace!!!!

Congrats to Eydie for her successful a.m. as a 5 O'Clock Jock!!!! I was kind of thinking of you guys when I headed for gym at 6:15 a.m. ... probably would've been later but I was inspired by your challenge!!!

Kayeletsi, the mysterious from far off climes is among us ... huzzah on thy double stairs and U-turn from the candy vessel!!!! My 86-year-old friend read that book (Potatoes Not Prozac) and liked it. I may borrow it, Kaylets!

QOD: I call them Poor Boy Sandwiches, but big d*** sandwiches works for me, too!

Frogger, I be so happy for thee and thy dh that he's found employment. Sounds like his luck has turned and he's on his way!

Mais oui, Cerise, the winter solstice is December 21 ... yep, shortest day of the year. It is always a favorite of mine because I dislike winter (except now that I live in the south, I don't) and I feel there's something wonderful about the fact that even before winter has really started, the days are going to start getting longer again and the dark season is winding to a close even as it starts ... it's always darkest before the dawn ... so even though we are in the dark, we are in the light! Perfectly understandable, BTW, about not wanting to sacrifice dh time to be a 5 O'clock Jock! Please tell Ramon there's always a Towel Boy bunk in the palace for him!

Ok, now I have to work!

21-Day Challenge: Day 2; Lose-A-Pound-This-Week Challenge: Working on it!
Old 10-27-2003, 02:00 PM   #24  

Hiya Royals! Just stopping in from the pasture next door to say welcome and to check out the towel boys! Don't let Bagzie kid you, she's does much more than lament her arse. She is a WW point counter, and a highly motivated bovine. Anyway, welcome to the peaceful kingdom!
Old 10-27-2003, 03:14 PM   #25  
Hot Stuff

Default Fur's a flyin!

Well, DD and kitty arrived safely. The kitten is ADORABLE! He's just three months old and still has that fluffy kitten fur and energy like none I've ever seen. My older cat (13) is quite uninterested and has just viewed the goings on from her perch. My 5 year old cat, Salem (the 22lb monster) is behaving quite badly....growling, hissing, he even snorted at the kitten mid-hiss! I thought their reactions would be reversed. Peppy went right for the cat toys....and of course, took Salem's favorite cat nip toy. That did not go over well!

Afraid I did not make the 5am workout either. Stupid me watched not only The Ring, but before that, Ringu (the original Japanese horror film). So not only did I have the American ghoul running through my sleep, but the Japanese one, too. I kept listening for the click of the tv turning on! I left work at 11am to go to the airport, and decided to take the rest of the day off, as it was 2pm before I even got DD and Peppy home.

Hi Wabby! Nice to meet you!

Frogger, congrats to DH!

Better see what my cats are up to...it's awfully quiet...three now...working on a clouder!
Old 10-27-2003, 03:28 PM   #26  
caffeine free!

Howdy All,
So here I am at work and there is finally a lul. I just filed a casse that I did almost all on my own. It was monster huge ammounts of work and I really have but the slighst idea of what I am doing, but it is out the door now.

I love the winter solstice. I actually like winter fairly well, especially now that we have the woodstove, but theconstant darkness really gets to me and it is nice to know that it will get light again. Have you ever heard of the Christmas Revels? It is actually a solstice celebration that has music and whatnot. Very cool. They ahev them in different cities. I have nto gone, but I have a record of the one they have in cambridge.

It is great to hear from all of the bovine folk. I love the new digs. Far less wading through other stuff to get here.

QOD: I have never really thought about it. Subs I guess.

Doing very well with the food. My boyfriend is also on a new eating healthy kick so it makes things easier. Plus we are broke sso have to plan things a it better whch also makes it easier to eat well. When resturants are not an option...

The cookies sound wonderful, but I am not someone who eats just 1 or 3 cookies, so I am afraid I will have to eat cookies vicariously though y'all.

frogger - I am so glad for you that DH got a job. If nothing else it will help till he finds THE job as opposed to A job. I hope you have had a nice sigh of relief.

Potatoes not prozac? never heard of it, but I really like the name.

Yeah well, I am really impressed with all ya 5:00 am exercisers. I am one of those stay in bed till the last possible second, have to be pried out from under the covers type of people. So, not gonna be exercising at 5am. But it feels good to be in the company of those who do

Well, my reprive from work is at an end. And so farewell...
Old 10-27-2003, 04:39 PM   #27  
Is it Friday yet?

Ooooooh, I love the new digs!

No time yet to go fix my stats, but I am indeed back down 2 pounds - just a couple 1/10ths before I'm back to where I was before my trip to CA and the funeral. So I guess I handled it all better than I felt I did. I saw 199.8 briefly on Sunday morning, but alas, back to 200.2 this morning...

Amarantha, the palace is be-oooooootiful! And look at all the friendly 'cows' next door (kinda feel weird calling them that - but "when in Rome...." I guess? ). Now, any of those towel boys my age?

Our Bo-Beena is currently packing to move into her very own castle! She'll return shortly, but is right now just slammed with the "gotta-do's".

Anagram, I know this is late, but I'm sending you oodles of hugs anyway!

Frogger, very relieved to hear about DH's job!

Kaylets, the newly redesigned No Guilt/Fresh Start cards look maaaahvelous! Very shnazzy.... couldn't get them over at the old location now, could we!!

Ceara, I agree, 10 pounds is awesome!!!! Take a bow dahling!

Zadie, good to hear DBF is in a healthier eating mood too - it does make things a lot easier!

WSW, so good to see you!

Kiwi, Bagzz and Wabby - aka "the bovine welcome wagon" - thank you SO much for your warm welcome. It's nice to know we've mooooved into such a wonderful neighborhood! I'm glad we made the mooooove now! I'm actually a collector of all things "cow" - I'll have to moooosie on over and see your pasture some time!

Widlfire, glad DD is home safe n' sound and not surprised that kitten-in-tow is upsetting the feline power balance. Salem will come 'round soon, they always do! Although, my oldest kitty still looks at her younger sister, then looks at me like "you SWEAR she's really staying or is this some kind of joke?
Shall keep an eye open for said cookies too!

Cerise, Iiiiiindian foooooood..... Oh, times like this I miss living near a REAL town! Indian food 'round these parts would mean Native American - and they don't even have any places where they sell that either! And Amarantha is correctomondo, Winter Solstice is Dec. 21st (or eeearly in the morning of the 22nd) and it is indeed the longest night of the year, but then the sun starts coming back more and more - round n' round we go!

Q o' the day - It's a sandwich, regardless of its size, although "big damn sandwich" is really funny!

Toodles 'fer now!

Terri
(aka Punkin, Goddess of Friday)

Last edited by Punkinseed; 10-27-2003 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:56 PM   #28  
Is it Friday yet?

Smile How could I forget!?!?!?!?

I got up at 4:50am and hopped on the eliptical for 15 minutes.

Why 15 minutes and not 20 or 30 minutes you might ask? Well, after 2 hours of BOULDER lifting and putting in place (remember the ones I relocated using the tractor?? Yea, them.) my butt and hamstrings were SO sore it was painful just to put my $#%& shoes on!!!!! So, I said I'd get up and do it - so come hot places or high water I was gonna do it.

I DID IT!!!!!

That being said - my Winter Solstice goal is to be at or dang close to 185. GASP! Is that a number that *I* can actually weigh!?!?!?!?!? (hint to self: yes, it IS!)

Signed,
A 5 o'clock Jock
Old 10-27-2003, 07:24 PM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, Punkin o' Friday hath wandered in from the rain AND she's DOWN two s AND joined the 5 O'Clock Jocks and done her elliptical thing at 4:50 a.m., which is even more brutal an hour IMO!!!! Congrats to Punkin!!! Yowza!!

Wabby!!!!! Thou and thy gracious Bovines art so kind in thy welcomes and so aboundingly witty! If thou needest towels, we'll send a TB over!!! Truly, thanks for the kind posts! I'm going to moooosy over and check out thy thread in a sec.

Punkin, is the solstice exactly at 11:05 p.m. on the 21st? Elucidate, please! Was wondering if it'd be possible for all of us to hop on the scale at EXACTLY the exact time and then report (next day or whenever). Dunno.

Guys, I'm stressed by belatedly realizing that the San Diego wildfire is exactly near where my nephews and their families live. Don't know why I didn't realize this before and I haven't been able to reach any relatives to get an answer as to how they are. I am sure they are fine, as they are very smart and competent. But ...

Wildfire: Glad thou hast retrieved DD and that you have a cute new kitty in the house, although I can well imagine the ire of the older cat! Most cats are NOT amused by interlopers!

Gotta run ... emergency ... see you later, guys!
[/b]
Old 10-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #30  
Empress/Queen

Forgot to say congratulations to Zadie for the filing of her case at work! Thou art making good progress career wise, Zadie, good for thee!

Thanks, Anagramatic for thy wishes re the family. I haven't reached anyone. Feel they are fine though. We are a survivalist family ... stubborn!

Feel not like the Lone Ranger, Kemo Sabe, in the up and down department, but .8 be not a matter of "mere!" Definitely this is a pound lost and so that's better than a pound gain and progress is in the right direction. Hope Demon Scale enjoys his new battery!

I made healthy donuts in my new donut pans. They are pretty decent and only 2 pounds. I used the basic recipe that came with the pans, except I used self-rising flour (rises higher), eliminated the baking soda (flour has it in there), used low carb protein shake instead of milk and Eggbeaters instead of eggs and Splenda instead of sugar and I cut the already low amount of oil in half, using a mere 1/3 of a tablespoon. They tasted somewhat like madelines (sp?), which I love. For donuts that taste like Krispy Kreme, I'm gonna need more experimentation.

Later, gators!
Closed Thread