Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 01:50 PM   #91  
The magic shrinking cow

Haha, I've been in a slump since 1999!

Congrats to Bagzie and Sugar P for losing weight! Woo hoo!
I still have the extra 5 pounds and I have no idea where they came from (what huge bowl of Halloween candy? I have no idea what you're talking about!)
Old 11-06-2003, 02:01 PM   #92  
loves kleenex box art

A local newspaper, not mine, has given a middle school boy a cooking column. Here is a recipe he is sharing with us:

Shredded BBQ chicken burgers
4 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1/2 C maple syrup
2 TSP lemon juice
1/4 C soy sauce
2 TBSP Worchestershire
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP white distilled vinegar
1/2 C Karo light corn syrup
1/2 C honey
1 TBSP white balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP molasses
1/2 C liquid smoke
1/2 TSP ground cayenne
1/2 TSP honey mustard
2 TBSP strawberry jam
2 TBSP Grey Poupon Dijon
1 medium-large onion, diced
1 TSP minced garlic
1 TSP bacon fat (optional)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
1 package hamburger buns
2 TSP cornstarch
water

This recipe makes 3 burgers.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:16 PM   #93  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, good godalmighty, that recipe is just what he could find in his mother's cupboard! Sounds revolting.

ta culater
Old 11-06-2003, 03:33 PM   #94  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i tried the link but it wouldn't work for me wabby---i went to Diaryland and looked under the k's and there was no kitchenlite-------------you have me intrigued!!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:25 PM   #95  
Most boring housewife.

It's been a while since anyone mentioned how much they miss me. I only have one more week. I was supposed to be finished last week, but they asked me to stay till the end of the marking period...and HOW CAN THAT GIRL LEAVE A THREE MONTH OLD BABY????? I'm so glad I never had to do that when I had babies.

Life is good. DD had her Ring Mass tonight..she got her class ring(to the tune of 400 bucks, does anyone even know where their class ring is??????) and they had a nice party to celebrate.

I have NOTHING to say. I do nothing, go nowhere. My life is pretty much limited to whining and trying to catch up. It's almost over. BTW...Peaches...that's how my middle school boys cook. AND they write their recipes out just like Betty Crocker.

Off to bed...thanks June, bye
Old 11-07-2003, 08:34 AM   #96  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
A local newspaper, not mine, has given a middle school boy a cooking column. Here is a recipe he is sharing with us...
Good heavens! What ever happened to good old beans and weenies? I'd say increase the bacon fat to at least four tablespoons and leave out the strawberry jam.

Holey moley - those Pilates exercises almost killed me. I can hardly walk today. May attempt them again tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:42 AM   #97  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default LUSHIIIIIIIIIOUS

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO MENTION HOW MUCH I MISS LUSHIOUS!!!!---DID I TELL YOU I HAVE A CHRISTMAS DISPLAY UP ????? I READ ABOUT A WOMAN WHO STARTS THE DAY AFTER HALLOWE'EN---SHE IS MY NEW HERO
Old 11-07-2003, 11:52 AM   #98  

I don't know why it doesnt' work Bagzie. Try it without the www at the beginning.

Lush! I was pining away for you, just didn't want to nag when I know how busy you are. I never got a class ring. When you're the 4th child of 6 children you're lucky to get lunch money.

That is a classic Jr. high recipe. I remember making Deviled Spam sandwiches when I was in Jr. high. Now that's cookin'!!!

Bagzie, why would you want to start the day after Halloween? I'm already sick of looking at holiday stuff in the stores. Of course Scrooge is my middle name.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:07 PM   #99  
fatter than U

Talking This works!

For some weird reason:

kitchenlite

Last edited by SugP; 11-07-2003 at 02:47 PM.
Closed Thread