Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:14 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Strangely enough

This is what I really did today:

Helped DH remove lovely parting gifts* from back of car
Ordered another year of cellphone minutes†
Completely re-organized my recycling area in the garage with newly purchased bins, and vacuumed the cobwebs and crap out of the area
Made yummy dinner
Was astounded by announcement by DH that after 17 years of marriage he's going to start wearing his wedding ring‡

Haven't I had an interesting day? Why isn't anyone here listening to me?

Kiwi

*At the going-away party last night, our friends insisted that everyone take home something: we scored a radial saw, several nice storage boxes and some toxic chemicals. Also blonde brownies and "gin and tonic in a bag"

†Being eternally cheap, I have a TracPhone with prepaid minutes. If anyone should be thinking of getting one of these, please let me know because I can get even more minutes if I refer someone

‡He had always said that working in the mill made it unsafe to wear a ring--now he works in an office and has decided he doesn't have an excuse. I asked him if the office staff were hitting on him already

Old 10-19-2003, 10:37 PM   #62  
cow with the double chin

Angry Hello Beauteeeful Bovines

Sug, have fun! (Yes I realized she is already gone!)

Kiwi, I want to know what dh said when you told him he had been sleeping in cat pee!? EWWWWWWWWW

Way to go bagzzy! I am jealous.

Can't wait to read the next installment of the novel!

Wabby, go for the dinner cruise~!

Hello Lohani!

Did I cover everyone? I know Painty and kat are out gallavanting too.

Rachel was married, he was an actor though.

I am now employed again. I started under the pretext of 2 week trial and to get the woman organized. Friday she told me I am hired permanently and can never leave. LOL The job is a little different. It is a corporate office of a statewide plumbing company. They have outside counsel, but this woman runs the legal department for the corp. She does a lot of prep work, deposition summaries, research and other type things for the atttorneys so it saves the corporation money. I love the job!! I don't have to deal with any clients, and if my phone happens to ring, well it is because someone dialed the wrong extension!! LOL

I was also told Friday that the idiot ex boss finally put her EDD reports in and that I should be receiving my back unemployment checks soon. PHEW!! I am into people for some serious loans here and I need that money. Hopefully I can recover and give my kids somewhat of a christmas. Then again, even when I wasn't working I managed to make it good for them. knock on wood.

Now tell me something. How can this durn nabbit mosquito could have bitten my hand while typing this entry???? Wouldn't I have seen it flying around?? I have multiple bites **on the palm** of my hand.

Well, have to go and kick pumpkins butt in a game of Chutes and Ladders . Have a great week beauties!!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:26 AM   #63  
loves kleenex box art

Yay for muff for going out and getting AND being energetic enough to make the boss feel like depending on her. Kiwi will insert pictures of cheerleaders with round yellow heads for me.

Kiwi, tell me about the cellphone minutes and the cellphone. Anything else you have, tell me about that too.

I went to Walmark (that's what we call it here) and bought a printer/scanner combo for $60. I thought I was so slick. Saved bunchos of bucks. Now I have to buy a PCI USB card for $30 or more so it will plug into the puter.

Bye. (Kiwi will insert wave)
Old 10-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #64  

Hey Bagzie, the cost of the ink refill cartridges is opposite the cost of the printer. Cheaper the printer, more expensive the cartridges. It's the law of the computer equipment universe. I've learned this from painful experience.

Muffie! congrats on landing the job! Didn't take them long to realize they had someone worth latching onto.

I didn't hold out for the railroad dining experience. I guess it will be dinner out somewhere. I've been kind of down in the dumps lately - the train thingie would have taken energy on my part to arrange it - don't have energy to spare. I think I'm doing good to drag my sorry *ss out of bed every day.

Kiwi, my DH uses that lame "don't want to lose a finger doing physical work" excuse too. He hasn't worn his wedding ring ever. Of course I haven't worn a wedding ring for at least 5 years since I lost the diamond out of mine. I think ppl put out an "available" or "not available" vibe that has nothing to do with rings, anyway. Either that or I'm so mud fence homely that nobody ever hits on me.

I went to the movie with my oldest sis and a couple of her AA friends. I think we need support groups for non alcoholics too. Those AA ppl are so much fun and have the best social activities.

Happy monday, everyone, I'm going to do my best to eat the way I'm supposed to and get some exercise today. Maybe that would help with the nasty mood.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:57 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

from Peachers:

Congrats to Muffie on the new job!!

Quote:
Kiwi, I want to know what dh said when you told him he had been sleeping in cat pee!?
I think he was too sleepy to be properly grossed out. He just wanted to know if it got on his giant pile of clothes at the foot of the bed...

Quote:
Those AA ppl are so much fun and have the best social activities
Now that I had no idea of: when I was in college I did a paper on AA and I attended a couple of meetings. I thought they were god-awful depressing. But I was probably hungover myself...

Wabby, you must be the cutest mud fence ever. I generally agree that people can tell when you are "available" or not, but I did have an experience that I wouldn't want to repeat a few years ago when I was mistaken for half of a couple of, shall we say, a different persuasion. If it had been referring to anyone else, I would have been amused and laughed about it, but in this case it just horrified me.

Cowp, you asked for it; I'm sending you the referral email. Also, here's something else I have: some kind of intestinal disturbance. Would you like to hear about that too?

Kiwi
Old 10-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #66  
cow with the double chin

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby

I didn't hold out for the railroad dining experience. I guess it will be dinner out somewhere. I've been kind of down in the dumps lately - the train thingie would have taken energy on my part to arrange it - don't have energy to spare. I think I'm doing good to drag my sorry *ss out of bed every day.

This is why you SHOULD put out the energy Mrs. Wabby! Sometimes we need to do these things to get out of our "funks"!

I am home today. I think I have a sinus infection, rather than a cold. Bad thing is, no insurance, no money. I am going back to bed and then heading to granny's to raid her antibiotic selections. My face feels like a rock around my nose and eyes and the drainage (sorry! ) is making me cough uncontrollably.

Thanks to Kiwi for the cheerleaders! You follow directions well!

Now, who will make this *&^%%*^* cockateil be quiet?!?!

Last edited by muffie; 10-21-2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:52 AM   #67  

Poor Muffie, In my youth (20's) I used to get those terrible sinus infections a couple times every winter. One of the few good things about getting older is that I seem to stay much healthier. I can't remember the last time I got a cold or flu (I know I'm cursing myself by saying that). Of course my body makes up for it by the aches and pains. Hope you get feeling much better very soon.

It is such a beautiful day out that even I can't be in a bad mood. Sunny and around 80 degrees. Absolutely, absolutely gorgeous.

Even though we're not going on the dinner train, we will be going out to dinner at a restaurant called the Harborside. It's on the Willamette river, it's beautiful there and it will be warm enough to walk along the riverfront after dinner. Still romantic after all these years.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:51 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by muffie
You follow directions well!
I do, don't I? But then you have to listen to me pontificate about not using other people's medications, too. I think that unless you are absolutely certain it's an infection, you should try a more low-tech approach: over the counter sinus meds and lots and lots of water. Warm compresses too. But what do I know...

I cannot believe you are having lovely warm indian summer weather, Wabbit. Here's what we have:

SNOW

No kidding. And although it is now raining, there is still snow on the ground. DD and I made up haikus while waiting for the bus this morning. In the snow.

October
Snow on fallen leaves
Really stupid

By the way, our friends who are moving very much appreciated the gift cert to the Stockpot.

Kiwi
Old 10-21-2003, 08:48 PM   #69  
a work in progress...

Cows who go moo
and also haiku?
Impressive

Old 10-22-2003, 02:04 PM   #70  

Done celebrating anniversary. Must make up for fancy dinner and dessert. Trying to eat minimally for a few days. Hungry.

and of course that is not Haiku, that is me when I'm feeling hungry and weak.

You're right about the antibiotics, Kiwi, but I also know that the only way to get rid of a sinus infection is antibiotics, so poor Muffie, you're in a spot.

Katrinabgood, have been being good?
Old 10-22-2003, 03:45 PM   #71  
a work in progress...

I'm better, thanks for asking Wabby. I had a bit of a dieting slump there for about a week or two or three...I seem to be back on track this week. I even went to the gym yesterday. Afraid to get on the scale to confirm suspicions that I may have...gasp! GAINED! I'll wait a few more days...

This pasture has been rather quiet of late...

Feel better, Muffie...you don't want to call in sick from your new job!

Homework time, gotta run
Old 10-22-2003, 10:01 PM   #72  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello!

Muffie, yay for the new job!

Kiwi, yay for the DH wearing his ring!

I'm eating like a maniac, but somehow maintaining at 174. Can't seem to do what I have to do to get to 160, which is my end of year goal. What I need to do is stop eating so much. I'm still exercising, but the bottom of my heel hurts now.

Hi to everyone! I need to be better about checking in and posting.
Closed Thread