Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 05:54 AM   #16  

Doni-I am sending many prayers your way. Remeber, God doesn't give us anything we can't handle! This too shall pass!!

Dee-I have been using DH's truck, which means he has had to depend on his business partner to take him everywhere, not to mention that the partner has had to hang around the house, and we all can't stand him. So, everyone is happy now!!

Sherry-I hope your mouth is better today. Why not take the day off and let the office make do without you??
Old 10-09-2003, 07:33 AM   #17  
Carol

Good Morning!!

FROM WITHIN YOU

Whatever you seek to attain, seek first to attain it within you. Once it is truly within you, it will begin to expand throughout all of your experience.

The value you create within you can never be lost. Every improvement you make in the quality of your consciousness will always be with you.

The dreams that you'll make real are the dreams that come from the deepest part of you. Nurture and build them first within you, and they'll become so powerful as to be undeniable.

When that which is within you is strong and meaningful, the positive energy will flow outward and can touch every part of your life. And nothing outside of you can diminish it.

Others can point the way and give encouragement. Yet ultimately, you are responsible for taking good care of your inner life.

It is well worth the effort. For whatever you attain within, is surely who you truly are.

With that positive note!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!! My prayers are with all of you in your daily struggles of life!!

Carol
Old 10-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #18  

Sherry, I'm so sorry you are in pain. I'm thinking you said that is the last procedured you have to have, is that right? Hopefully by the weekend you'll be feeling better.

Doni, it's good to see you post again. Sorry for all the troubles you've had. At least your weightloss has been good!

Shelley, did you get the car washed? I know you are happy to be a two car family again.

Carol, how are all of your patients doing this week?

Dee, did you ever ask Dez about the belly ring?

Gayle, you must be so excited about your upcoming trip. Just don't forget us when you are a famous artist!!

Debbie, Cheryl, Jennelle, Vicki, Titan, I hope you are all doing well and staying OP.

Later all.........
Old 10-09-2003, 04:32 PM   #19  

Ramona glad that you checked in. You didn't say how you are doing. I hope that you are dealing with the stressful situations ok. Dez didn't get a belly ring she got a nipple pierced. Yes we did talk to her. She said that she didn't tell us because she didn't think that it was any of our business. She said that things change in life and even though she promised no more piercings that it didn't count any more. She doesn't believe that a promise is forever. We told her now that since she is wanting to make all the adult decisions she can also support herself. We will let her stay her and eat here but dentist, glasses, school fees are all her responsiblity too.

It is just a beautiful day here. The leaves are all falling but it about 80 out. Tomorrow the temps are suppose to drop back to normal. Around 65 for day time high. We have decided to go back to the lake this weekend. This will definitely be our last. Rick and Mona are moving thier motor home out. They will be there with us. It is our long weekend. It is thanksgiving. We will only stay out at the lake til sunday noon and then head over to Larry's family for turkey lunch. My mom is having it on monday. Hope that you all have a good weekend. I may not have time to post tomorrow. Sherry I hope that you are feeling better.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:54 PM   #20  

Carol-Awesome on your weight loss! I see you are down to 149 now!!

Dee-Have fun at the lake, you lucky duck!! I think that you made a wise decision in having Dez pay for some of her way.

Ramona-I can tell you are still sounding very down. Please know that I love you!!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:48 PM   #21  

Hey

I feel much better tonight. Thanks for all your well wishes.

I just got home from shopping. My new black pants are size 14's!!! And I got a new bra and it's a size smaller! I'm so happy tonight! It's been so long since I wore 14's!!

Carol,
WTG on the weight loss!!! I know you're so excited! How tall are you? I'm 5'5". Do you realize what an awesome job you've done to go from 202 to 149!!!!! I'm happy for you girl!! How's your Parents?

Ramona,
I'm like Shelley...You still sound depressed. Are you ok? I know you've gone through so much! Did you do what I asked? (About thinking of one good thing in your life?) If so, Did you smile? I love ya!

Gayle,
Are you packing???? I'm glad you got your card. I haven't had time to answer your email back. Sorry. I hope you have a great time. I'm glad you & Steve are going together. That worked out great. I'll miss you so much while you're gone!!! BTW: Did little Allison get over her crud?

Shelley,
Well was it nice each of you driving your own cars today? Yes...I still have one more scaling to be done at the dentist and I'm done!!! It hurts soooo bad!! I made it through the whole day at work too!!

Dee,
I hope you have another great weekend away. I hope the weather holds out for you. As much as you go...you might as well stay packed!! About the walking, you are too funny! No..my legs didn't hurt too but when your mouth hurts, you hurt ALL over!!!! LOL!! I'll walk again tomorrow!

Debbie,
You aren't posting daily like you said you were going to! LOL! Hey....I'm so happy that you stayed OP all week again!!! You're on your way!!!!! I'm looking forward to working the game Sunday with you.

Vicki,
Are ya still lurking???? Come on girl....Post more! I miss ya when you're MIA!!!!

Doni,
I'm so glad you posted!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear all that you've gone through. But the good thing is, you stayed OP and LOST!!!! That's wonderful girl!!!!! Now PLEASE post more often!!!!! WE need you here!!!!

Cheryl,
Are you moved & settled in yet? Miss you!

Jennelle & Titan.....Did you leave us???!!!! We miss you too!!!!!

Love & Hugs.........
Old 10-10-2003, 07:27 AM   #22  
Carol

Happy Friday Morning and TGIF!!!

WHAT MIGHT BE

You might win the lottery next week, but it would be foolish to depend on that possibility.

You might be struck by a falling meteorite, but it would be foolish to avoid going out of the house because of that possibility.

Rather than putting too much focus on what might happen, keep your focus on what is and on what you can do about it.

Rather than worrying about, or hoping for, things that are beyond your control, spend your thoughts, your time and your energy on those things you can control.

There are a lot of things that might happen. Yet the things that your thoughts, your words and your actions will cause to happen are what matter most.

Those are the things into which it is wise to invest yourself. Those are the things through which you can truly make a difference for yourself and others.

Pick the possibilities that appeal most to you, and do something about them.

Go beyond mere wishing and bring your best possibilities to life.

Fill your mind with positive, productive thoughts that will lead to sustained, effective action.

Make the very most of what is, and create the very best out of what will be.

Have a Great OP day Friends!!!

Carol

Old 10-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #23  

Hello everyone!!

I am "settled" into my new job. Still living in the motel, though. They're saying they MAY move my trailer down here next week....We'll see....

Ramona--If you get a chance to come to the State Fair, I'll be working the USDA booth. I'm working it today (Friday) from 12-5, Saturday from 10-4 and Sunday from 12-5 again. If you'll come see me I'll give you a BIG hug.

Gayle--that whole religion thing is hard to figure out sometimes. I became a member of the Church of Christ about 3 years ago. Well, I switched churches (from one Church of Christ to another Church of Christ) and the one I left told me that I "was going to go to ****" because the one I went to supported an orphans' home, and the Bible doesn't give churches permission to do that. That worried me sick for quite awhile! They also don't believe in remarriage after divorce at all, unless adultry was involved. They think that if a person has been married for, say, 15 years to a divorcee that was divorced for the "wrong" reasons, they can't be saved unless they give up that relationship...........

Dez--all I can say is "Teenagers--yuck!" At least we grow up!

Hello Sherry, Shelley, Debbie, Doni, Titan Dee, Vicky, Jennelle and Carol! Sorry I don't have time for a more in-depth post!

Cheryl
Old 10-10-2003, 10:50 AM   #24  

Cheryl, good to hear from you! Guess what? I'm a member of the Church of Christ also! It sounds like that first one you were at is what I consider an "anti". We have one here that also believes the orphan thing. Personally, I think that is rediculous. We are most definetly charged with caring for those who can't care for themselves. As far as our problems, the elders have asked our minister to find a new job and he has agreed. I think it will be the best thing for everyone.
Thanks for the invite to the state fair. Gosh, I haven't been to the fair in 20 years! Maybe I'll just mosey on down that way and take you up on that hug!!

I'm waiting for the clinic to call with the results of all my lab tests. I'm still not sure what I want to do about the HRT. I've read pros and cons. My regular doctor wants to start me on efexor, which is some type of anti-depressant. She says it will make the transition easier. I'm not much of a pill taker, so we'll see.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:35 AM   #25  
Losing it!

Ramona, sending good wishes your way that the test results turn out ok!!!! Keep us updated!!! Is your week working out better then last week?

CHERYL!!!!! GLAD YOU CHECKED IN!!!!!!! I hope you get your trailer soon! Not much fun living out of a suitcase! I hope the new job is going GREAT!

Shelley: Glad to hear your a "motoring mama" again! We never realize how much we depend on something until it's gone!

Sher: YOU SKINNY THING!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOO proud of you!!!!! Allison is over the crud, but we need to check her daily, something I guess she will learn to live with. Hopefully, she will outgrow all of the problems. NO, I'm not packed! You silly girl!!! I'm just running around here like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get everything done by next Tuesday!

Carol: I AM SO PROUD OF YOU TOO!!!!! You seem like a completely different person then the one that use to be on the board a year ago. I bet your loving yourself right about now and I must say it is well deserved!

Dee: Have fun on the trip! I agree with Shelley, you probably did the right thing with Dez.

Doni: Nice to hear from you!!!! Sorry for the problems!!!! How's the kitty cat?

Well, better get my butt in gear today! All of you lurkers, please post!

LOVE, Gayle
Old 10-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #26  

Well, I just got my results and I don't know if it is good news or bad news. It is not menopause. It is something called prementral dysmorphic disorder. Even though I've had a hysterectomy, I still have my ovaries and tubes and still have the monthly hormone release. Basically, what he ended up telling me is that I am clinically depressed. He wanted to start me on something called Sarafem, but after reading the side effects, I don't think so...headaches, anxiety, sweating, nervousness, drowsiness, weight gain.......I already have all of those, why would I take a medication that would add to it???
Old 10-10-2003, 02:20 PM   #27  

Ramona maybe there is another drug that might have less side affects. Talk to your doctor again. Never heard of prementral dysmorphic disorder, what is it?

Sorry that I can't post to everyone, I am packing up and getting ready to take off. Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Remember that I probably won't get to post til tuesday because of our thanksgiving holiday.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:41 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Ramona, have you ever tried St. Johns Wort for depression? Maybe a herbal route might be an alternative?
Old 10-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #29  

Ramona-I've been on Prozac for years, and haven't had any weight gain from it. All of the anti depressants have some sort of side effects. The biggest one I've found for Prozac is not much sex drive! In other words I can take it or leave it. Other than that, it has been a godsend for me. St. John's Wort didn't do anything for me. I have heard that the efexor is good, but I don't know anyone that is on it. I have never heard of Serafem, but I would ask for something that doesn't cause weight gain. That would just be that much more depressing, don't you think? I know it would for me!
Old 10-11-2003, 05:47 PM   #30  

Howdy

Been cleaning & doing laundry today (Same 'ole Sh**). Thought I would drop in and say hi but it looks everyone is busy.

Have a great weekend!!

Debbie & I are working the Titans game tomorrow so if I'm not too tired tomorrow night, I'll post again.

Hugs.......
Closed Thread