Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 08:22 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down Chit Chat # 10

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 09-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Marti - you have to be proud of yourself, making such good choices with food at the restaurant! I know how hard that is, and have been know to take the top off the salt shaker and pour salt over a portion of food I know I shouldn't eat! I just love badmitton! It is a good way to get exercise, and so is tetherball, which is also very fun!

Michelle - wow, you really made out like a bandit at the yard sale! $400 is a nice chunk of money for your Hawaii trip. When are you going? Have you ever been before? I never have, but would love to go sometime. It sure looks beautiful on TV.

Robin - YAY for you being OP 7 days. A couple in my church are doing SBD and are losing well.

Angie - so glad you were brave enough to ask for the Ast. Mgr. position. If you are meant to get it, you will. The skirt sounds cute as can be!

KAT - WHERE ARE YOU??? Don't make me come after you, lol.

Thanks for your well-wishes, everyone. Musta worked, because I feel much better today. I still have the sniffles and a slight headache, but the fever is gone!

Mary and I are going to town today so she can pre-register at the hospital. Caylin is due 2 weeks from today! Then we will make our required stop at Wally World, lol. A friend of mine who I haven't seen for a couple of years is coming over for lunch tomorrow. I'll be glad to see her, but have to get this place cleaned up today! Who wants to come and help me???

Be good and I'll bbl,

Jana
Old 09-23-2003, 12:44 PM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jan, Im come over to help only if you come over and help me,,,,the killer dust bunnies are guarding the house but Ill make sure to have a clearance pass made for you. You would think this was the white house,,,,lol
My SIL bought the Dr Phil book, I was going to go get it yesterday but lost track of time,,,Im going today thou.
I woke up with a headache, I slept really really late today cause I was up really late last night watching a movie,,,,I saw it when I was 12 or so and loved the movie, *Coal Miners Daughter* Yes I love her music, I remember listening to it on a 8 track that my mom bought me. So now getting the sleep has put me in a headachy way...yuck.
Hello to everyone else, hope your all on the mend.
Angie
Old 09-23-2003, 04:45 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I was a bad, bad girl! ANd since the journals are down -- I've got no venting place!!!

So I thought of you all

I was bad today -- very bad.

2 power bars [loaded with CALORIES]
2 servings sunflower seeds
chicken salad sandwhich
1 bag [2 servings] BBQ chips [which I have not eaten in weeks!]

I bought fruit, but it was MOLDY!!!! So I took it back to teh cafeteria.

I am going to the gym tonite but I am sick of working out just to undo what I ate in the day. No wonder why I am not losing any more weight!

Grrr.

And to top it all off, I hate work. Especially today. And I still have 1+hours to go!

Tomorrow is another day I suppose...thanks for listening!
Old 09-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Late night for me, but I thought I would stop by and say hi.

And a welcome to Jenne. Feel free to vent here if you want. We do all kinds of venting , crying , gushing and whatever!! When you go to the gym, try not to think of it as trying to undo what you've done. Just think of how lean and trim you'll look later. Think of all the positive stuff that'll come out of it rather than looking at as a chore. Otherwise it'll grow old fast and you'll not want to go at all.

Jana- so glad to know you're feeling better. Wally world?? What's that? I would come and help clean up your place if I were a bit closer, but since I'm not... I'll concentrate on my own place.

Angie- you know, I have always wanted to watch "Coal Miners Daughter" I haven't yet, but someday I will. I've read a section in Oprah's magazine that had stuff from Dr. Phils book. I found it very interesting. When you're done reading....let me know if it's worth buying. I've seen many books out there and it's always hard for me to put the money down and buy it if I'm not sure if it's good or not!!

Robin- I've looked at the SBD book, but only scanned through. I'm glad to hear it's working for you. So far, I'm only doing my own thing here. Joining the 21day challenge got me committed to drinking water and I actually noticed a difference with just that. I'm not sure if I would have lost those 2lbs. if I didn't.

Michelle- $400!? Wow!! I don't think I have enough stuff to even sell that much. Would be nice. So when is this trip to Hawaii?? A friend of mine and her boyfriend just got back. I was amazed at how cheap it is to go!!! 7days for only $1250 for the both. How do you find such deal??? Well when you go... have fun for me ok!!

Well it's getting late so I better hit the hay. Need to get up early.
Chat with you tomorrow

Marti
Old 09-24-2003, 01:08 PM   #6  

Morning ladies-
I hope all are doing well this fine morning. How is the weather where you're at? Ours is in the mid-80's. Just about right,,, not to humid.

Well next week I start school. I've had dreams of missing classes and not being able to find my homework. What's up with that? I must be nervous. I find it amazing at how expensive it is to buy a book. No wonder people have a difficult time trying to get by and go to school. I hope I don't struggle with this.

Well, I just wanted to pop in a moment and say good morning... so good morning!!!

Chat later
Marti
Old 09-25-2003, 02:21 AM   #7  

Cool Help

Hello

Everyone must be busy today!

Ok, I am of need of some suggestions. I have this problem. It's called night snacking!! I'm terrible. I was sitting watching TV and I grabbed the can of peanuts and before I realized it,,,, I had eaten more than enough!! (didn't eat them all but....) I do so well through out the day, but once I sit for the evening and relax... I get into this munching mood. It's terrible. I've been doing so well with water and watching my portions and I've even started doing excercises.

What do you all do when and IF you feel this way??? Help me out ladies. Maybe I should pull out this quilt I've started years ago and keep my hands busy with that??? (here I am giving myself advice)

Anyway.... I'm feeling guilty and terrible about the peanuts. So I had to come here and let it out.

Hope you're here tomorrow!!

Marti
Old 09-25-2003, 08:36 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!

So sorry I wasn't able to check in yesterday, but I was so busy! As soon as my feet hit the floor, I was working on the lunch and getting the house clean.

Angie - bunnies like me, I am not afraid, lol! I can talk down killer bunnies! Speaking of bunnies, I have been watching Dr. Phil with rabbit ears. He has interviewed 6 of the 13 people in the house. By the way, I loved the movie Coal Miners Daughter. I think Sissy Spacek did a great job portraying Loretta Lynn.

Jenne - WELCOME to our little group. We all have bad days with food, but just try to have more good days than bad. lol. It seems you ate very little for the whole day, even if some of it was junk food. At least you are good with exercise!

Marti - Wally World is a nickname for Walmart. Another name should be "Jana's Second Home", lol. About your dreams, I think you are probably a little anxious and antsy about returning, which is totally understandable. But you won't have anything to worry about - I have no doubt you will do just fine. Regarding the night snacking - it is my worst time, too! I always save some points for it, but then sometimes resort to eating free veggies, etc. I make a dip with fat free Ranch dressing and salsa that is pretty darn good. Sometimes I just go to bed to forget about it, and sometimes I say heck with it - I'm eating something!

Hi to the other Jaded Ladies out there.

The lunch went so well yesterday! The table was so pretty and it was great to see my friend. I invited another woman that we went to school with, and the 3 of us laughed til we cried about the old days.

I still have my cold but it is almost gone. Mary goes to the dr today and they are going to do a pelvic on her. Hopefully the doc will say she is beginning to dialate some. She is getting nervous!

Gotta go get Fern up and do the hygeine stuff with her.... she does pretty good for a 92 y/o lady!

BBL,
Jana
Old 09-25-2003, 10:05 AM   #9  
Give me strength

Good morning all!

I tried to post yesterday but was booted off the computer. ahhh whatever...lol
I had my second interview yesterday, I blew them out of the water,,,I made the three of them laugh alot...lol
As for the school, I am 6% short in my math to get in, and I have a couple of angels at the college who are pulling for me, infact Jackie who is incharge of this program called me at 7 to ask if I got my transcripts yet,,,I had but saw that I was short,,,she said fax them to her anyways,,,did. She called back at 8 to ask me if there was a chance I could get my grade 11 math set and challenge the college. I spent the next 2 hours on a math program I bought 2 yrs ago,,,omg I had flash backs of math class.

And I also saw the gyno about my results, Im good to go for the abalation. Infact she pushed it to the front I go in on the 9th. I told her I was hoping to get into school and it starts Dec 1st. She told the nurse to get me in no later then mid Oct. That way if she has to do an emergency hysterectomy I will have time to heal before school starts.
So thats about all thats happening around here...lol

Marti, I have the same problem, I used to make fat free pudding,,,Chocolate. And Ive heard of air popped pop corn with seasoning works well. Or take up knitting,,,or some other thing that keeps your hands busy.
Good to hear about you lunch Jana, I have two great friends who try to make a lunch date for each of our birhtdays,,,,we are behind this year...lol ITs just with me moving it has made it harder for get togethes,, especially my one friend who owns a dairy farm and has 5 small children....*gulp
Well I promised I would go to the gym today. Talk with you all later.
Angie
Old 09-26-2003, 03:35 AM   #10  

Wink It's late, and I'm up!!

Hello-

Just a quick hello since I'm still up at this crazy hour after midnight!!

I had the craziest dinner tonight. 1 small corn on the cob and 1/4 of an acorn squash! I wanted some kind of meat substance but at the same time, I just didn't feel like eating. So I didn't eat much. I did end up having ONE little cookie later but that was it. Not the greatest meal is it??

I keep thinking about school starting and I'm hoping that I don't mess up this time! I didn't really mess up last time, just didn't concentrate as well since I was pregnant with my DD9, and I was more into her than school. So now, I will do MUCH better! I hope!

My DD called me tonight and told me that she signed up for the choir. She was soooo excited. I'm always happy to hear her get excited about things. Brightens my day.

Ok,,, I really need to get to sleep so I'm going to bed.

Nightie night ladies.

Marti
Old 09-26-2003, 07:39 PM   #11  

Default Pictures

Ok....
I added some pictures in my album. Eventually I will delete the home pics. But for now,,,,

Anyway, the pics. are my semi-before. They were taken in 2000. And I was about 160-165lbs. When I seen these photo's back then, I knew it was time to get serious again about my weight. Back in 98' I had went from 175lbs. to 130lbs. I was doing everything right and felt good and looked better than I had in years.... then in 99' my fiance had a car accident and was bumbed up for 6mos. I was taking care of him instead of taking care of myself. (not his fault of coarse) The weight slowly came back on. I just chose not to eat properly or go to the gym. So I went on this Nutrition Program I've talked about at work. And I managed to lose the weight minus 5lbs. Well, since Sony closed, 10lbs. slowly crept up on me. I am determined not to let the rest that I had already lost come back.

Now, I've had a lot of people from work who used to tell me that I don't look like I weighed 165lbs. But I was in these pictures. And for me, it's too much.

As soon as I can get some recent pictures taken,,, I will post those. They will be my "during" pics. When I reach my goal... those will be my "after" pics.

Ok,,, enough rambling on. Just wanted to share that.
Marti

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james
Old 09-26-2003, 09:09 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Angie - hope you get the job! Math class - ewww. Brings back awful memories for me too. Remind us closer to the 9th what's going on with you, okay?

Marti - I'll check out your pics later. I truly think school will be different this time - your heart is in it more, don't you think so? Bet you are proud of DD. Both of my girls were in choir and I loved going to their programs, especially the Christmas ones.

Where is everyone else?

I did more Christmas shopping today - just a couple of things. I got a pink "Girlpower" discman for 4 y/o Mackenzie, and a John Michael Montgomery cd for Mary. Slowly but surely, I'll getting it done.

I have been doing not so good with the food and have been getting all Dr. Phil about it, and asking myself What is My Payoff for staying fat??? I honestly do not know. But when I figure it out, I'm gonna start another thread where we can all discuss our own reasons. If anyone else wants to begin it, please go ahead.

Have a good evening, and I'll see you tomorrow. I'm headed out to check out Marti's pictures.

Jana

Edited to comment on Marti's pics: These are great! Is that the Pacific in the middle one? Anyway, you look good in them!

Last edited by Jana; 09-26-2003 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:29 AM   #13  
Give me strength

Hi you all,
Just got back from dinner with the family. Tanner's 11th birthday,,,Tony Roma's, embarrassed him with them all standing around our table singing to him,,,,lol
Tomorrow I have theatre at 10:30 till 3 then home to greet our guest's for Tanners party, movie sleep over and pushing them out the door hopefully no later then noon tomorrow so I can again head to the theatre for the other show Im working on. Im so tired right now, and getting stressed thinking about math, Brandon's best friend Jeremy is taking it now and I asked him he could help me...
Just got a call saying that one of DH's brothers contested Grandma's Will,,,,greeaaaaat. This is so not a good thing. Well off to bed,,,big weekend ahead of me.
night all
Angie
Old 09-27-2003, 12:10 PM   #14  

Hiya Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

Jana...sounds like youre doing better. Im glad to hear it. Dont stress yourself too much about eating bad when youre sick. Worry more about taking care of yourself and getting better, then you can think about getting back on track. Not that you should let yourself go completely, just dont beat yourself up.
Cant wait to hear the good news about the new baby!

You crazy early Christmas shoppers. I am fortunate enough to not have to do much shopping at all. There are no kids in my side of the family, so we decided to forgo gift giving about 5 or 6 years ago. We saved our money for things like trips together.
Now that Im married its a bit different. Hubbies family is HUGE. SO we draw one name at Thanksgiving, and each buy a gift for one person. Saves us mucho $$$. So really all we have to buy for is the kids, which is really the fun part!

Angie...Im sorry to hear that someone is contesting the will. I had a friend whos mother did that. Not only did it eat up pretty much all the money from the will for lawyers fees, it tore the whole family apart. It was a very sad thing to watch. I truly hope that everything turns out well in your case.
Lady...you need to slow down. I dont know how you do it all. Dont forget to take a little 'me' time for yourself, a little R&R goes a long way.

Marti...Your pics are great. Youre right, you dont look 160 in them.
Im bad too for late night snacking. Hubby and I try to watch out for each other. Mostly we try to have 'legal" snacks readily available, and do our best to make sure we dont have bad ones in the house. We eat alot of popcorn, and pretzels. One thing that works for us is to only bring a small bowl full into the living room, as opposed to the whole bag. That way, when the bowls empty...we're done. No more. We satisfy the crave, without overdoing it. Good idea about the quilt....dig it out, and keep yourself busy.

Jenne....2 power bars? You must like those things. I eat them sometimes, when I havent eaten anything before I go to the gym. I need a big bottle of water to choke one of those down.

So..yep I made out like a bandit on that yardsale. We had a TON of crap to sell, and it was a city yardsale, and the local park, so there were alot of people there. I think that may be the most Ive ever made at yardsale.

We are leaving for Maui on November 4th. We'll be celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the 6th. But, since we never had one, we are calling this our honeymoon. We're gonna tell everyone we meet that we're on our honeymoon, and act like newlyweds....wink wink...nudge nudge. LOL
As far as the cost Marti...hubby works for Delta, so we fly for free. We managed to find a pretty good deal on a condo. $420 for a week. It has a full kitchen, with a dishwasher, washer and dryer, and is equipped with everything we need. So we will save money on eating out, by doing our own cooking. It even has a bbq. Its right across the road from a great beach, and the owner let us pay it off a bit at a time. Its owned by the older man and women, and they live there about 2 months a years, and rent it out the rest of the time.
So really all we have to pay for is a rental car, groceries and a little bit of shopping.

I have a really special day planned out for the day of our anniversary, but Ive rambled on long enough.
Ill tell you about it next time Im on.

Take care ladies, and enjoy the weekend!

Michelle
Old 09-27-2003, 04:38 PM   #15  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Good evening ladies,

which I suppose is better than being good ladies of the evening. *grin*

Sorry about being AWOL...classes started up again and I've been utterly swamped with projects. So much for the senior year being the "easy" year of the program.

Speaking of school, while there I found out about a wonderful program from a flier posted at the university--I decided that it would not only support a good cause, but it would stretch my own horizons and serve as a graduation celebration and incentive to lose more weight. The info is at www.operationfreefall.com, and its essentially a fundraising skydive to help raise funds for sexual assault prevention and a rape crisis line. My goal is to raise $800 between now and March, so if any of you want to sponsor me, let me know here or via email ([email protected]). One of my classmates said that she thinks I'm crazy, but if she can personally watch me jump, she'll sponsor me for $100. *grin*
I'm scared of heights, but if I can face this, I can conquer just about anything. My goal is to be at or below 200lbs by April 24th, which is jump day.

I had gotten down to 217, but backslid with stress and got up to 221 (alltime high was 230)...I'm currently back to 218, and think 18lbs between now and March should be quite achievable.
Closed Thread