Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#43)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:06 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #42 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:38 AM   #3  
Losing it!

Sherry, that snail's moving kinda like how I feel! I gave Allison hugs from you and Deb, she says thank you and sends one back to each of you.

I think we're better today, I know I'm slowly feeling better. Allison will do good for a day, then have a set-back. Hopefully, we can get over this stuff soon!

Ramona, so sorry to hear about the death's in your family. Was the two Uncles from the same family? Prayers are being sent your way.

Shelley, how's the hand??? You REALLY should have it checked out... I agree with everyone, get you a cell phone girl!

Dee, from what I understand, I think there was a letter with a cash amount requested. They had a chase and I believe one was killed and the other committed suicide before the police could get to them. Thank goodness the victim was ok.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:55 AM   #4  

Thanks everyone for the condolences.
Uncle Leo was 96. He was a fascinating man who had all of his mental alertness right up until the end. On Thursday, he told the doctor to either fit him with a pair of wings or a pitch fork because he was ready to go. He died the next day. Leo was a chemist for the government and worked on the first atomic bomb. He had a degree in chemistry and German and was a professional violinist.
Uncle Herman was from the other side of the family and was 79 years old. He has been on dialysis for a couple of years and fianlly couldn't fight any more.
The two ladies at church were 102 and 80 years old. All four lived long, productive lives.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Uncle Leo sounds like he will be just as fiesty in heaven as he was in life. I bet he earned his wings.

Sounds like Heaven just received four dear angels. I'm glad to hear that all of them led a long, happy and productive life Ramona.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:26 PM   #6  

Our adventure to the big White Shell.

On friday afternoon we decided to head out to the great Boral Forest where my brother Rick's trailer is parked at the Big White Shell. We packed our necessary stuff including our wind proof and heavy jackets for the chilly nights. It was nearing sunset when we made a stop at Rainbow Falls. There was a fresh earthy smell as we walked over to the falls hand in hand. The autumn tress with there every changing leaves reflected in the water. It was a color palete of orange, yellow and brown. We enjoyed the falls as they were rushing over the rocks misting our faces. The sky was just perfect for a sunset, a few clouds scattered over the horizon where the burning sun was about to set. We just stood there in awe of the beauty that surrounded us as the sunset, with its purple pink and red hues. Our own private paradise without a soul around, the stresses of everyday draining away.
Off we went once the sunset. A few minutes after I spotted a baby deer with his mom and pop. They just stood still by the side of the road in the tall grasses. Shortly after we seen a fox dashout in front of us. Just as we were about to arrive at the campsite I seen an animal that I wasn't sure what it was. We turned around to check out what it was. It was wobbling along side of the road. When we took a look, we realized it was a large prickly porcupine. We got a stones throw away from it. It was really neat. We greeted by a hot, roaring fire by the campsite. Rick, Mona and Evan were huddling by the fire to keep the chill out of their bones. I needed the fire to keep my hands from freezing from the frost beer that I was consuming. Later on Larry and I took a walk down to the lake. The sky was dark black with bright, diamonds sparkling. Ohh how beautiful and still the night was. There was a loon calling out to his partner as the water splashed against the shore. What a wonderful way to end the night. We crawled in under two sleeping bags in a single bed. Had to keep warm somehow.
The next morning Rick was up kick starting the furnace to get the frost chill out of the air. It has 0 out. Time for breakie. What could be better than the aroma of coffee and bacon frying? Sat around for a bit enjoying the morning. around noon everyone decided to go fishing. We boarded the boat with reels and tackle. Within the first three minutes we had two pickrel and a jack. Tossed back two and kept one. Lots of nibbles after that but no fish. the biggest thing that we caught was a chill. It had started to rain. We had to head back in which was quite the distance as we had passed through 3 lakes to get to the good spot. by this time it was supper anyways. Started up a roaring fire and dried out as the rain stopped and the sun shone.

Got to go I will post more later. Dez needs the pc for homework.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #7  

No better to warm up than to sit around the fire eating spicy hot chili.....yummy thanks to Mona preparing it the day before. We had a visitor pop in and steal some bread. The beautiful grey jay would soar in and take bread out of our hands. We put out a buffet of dried fruit and nuts for the chipmunks, squirrels, chickadees, nuthatchers, and blue jays. We enjoyed watching them feast on the goodies. The evening wasn't as cool as the night before. We sat around the fire listening to camp fire songs accompanied by guitar until there was just ambers left in the pit. The night was over.
The next day we whipped up a batch of french toast and coffee. Once we had enjoyed that, the boys decided to try there luck at fishing again. Mona, Evan and I took a stroll through the park. It was a cool day with the sun poping in and out of the grey clouds. It was rather nice. We sat down by the sandy lake on a green park bench. We could see islands populated with green spruce and a rainbow of autumn trees. Amigo sprinted up and down the golden sand, jumping and splashing in the chilly water. We decided to head back and kindle a fire for our traditional banok and brown sugar and cinnamon. The boys came back empty handed. Which was fine since we weren't really hungary anyways. A wonderful weekend had come to an end so we packed it up as the sunset. On the way home we were startled as a black bear crossed the road in front of us. Larry drove with white knuckles, carefully avoiding the deer that we seen on the dark twisty road home. We seen six more deer barely avoiding two of them as they jumped out in front of us. We was relieved when he made it home safely. Home sweet home.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #8  

Dee-It sounds like you were in heaven!! You described it so wonderfully.

Ramona-Your Uncle Leo must have been so amazing!

My hand is much better this afternoon. The school nurse was there today, and she says that it's not broken unless it's a hairline fracture. That makes me feel so much better about it. The swelling has gone down some more.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #9  

Hey

I hope everyone had a great OP day!

Dee,
Your story of the trip was awesome! I closed my eyes and visualized the scene. It sounded so amazing! Also, you write a pretty darn good story!! I would love so much to come to Canada and see you. Who knows...Maybe one day!!

Gayle,
I'm glad you're feeling better today. Ya'll have really had a time with this.Bless your heart! Are you feeling like painting any? Are you still thinking about taking those classes?

Shelley,
I'm glad to hear that your finger is some better. I know myself that a sprain hurts a **** of a lot worse then a break!! Take care! BTW: I miss you on the Challenge Thread!

Debbie,
I'm so proud of you for staying OP!! I knew you could do it!! I bought some of the soup that you told me about. Did you get the picture of Michael so you can post it?

Ramona,
I was so happy when you posted that all 4 people lived long, productive lives. That's what's important. I know youll be busy going to funeral homes and etc., So post when things calm down. I'm thinking of you sweetie.

Ok...Where's Carol, Vicki, Jennelle, Doni, Titan & Cheryl????? PLEASE post soon so we'll know you're ok! I really, really miss you!

This MAID has got to get up and wash dishes & iron. Talk to ya'll tomorrow........

LOVE & HUGS!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:23 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Sher: no painting for me right now... yes, I'm taking the three day class next April in Oklahoma City. I will then (if I pass) be certified to teach the one stroke technique. Hopefully there will be a demand here to do classes at local stores or meeting rooms. I'm also wanting to do one on one private lessons. How's Wayne liking the new job????

Dee: You are such a writer!!!! You should consider going public with your talent!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:49 AM   #11  
Carol

Just a quick note. I am well. Wish I could say the same about the family. Dad is back in the hospital and they want to do a heart catherization, but first have to get him strong enough. Mom is doing well on her Chemo, just very fatigued and the deal with Dad is not helping. Sis is doing well in her recovery from her broken neck. Can't be out and about much yet and that depresses her with all the things going on with mom and dad, but it will be okay.

Sounds like a few of you have been having your share of tragedies and illnesses as well. I pray for a speedy recovery for all and hope the good lord feels it is time to give us all good news and recoveries real soon.

Take care all
Love & Hugs
Carol
Old 09-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Carol: Prayers are being sent to your family right now. I guess when it rains, it pours. Thank goodness you still have everyone. My thoughts are with your Mom and Dad as she goes through her chemo. On a good note, with the advancement of medicine, treatment for cancer has improved so much over the past 10 years.

Sherry: Are you still selling Avon? I do, just to family and friends. Have you tried the new Anew Clinical???
Old 09-24-2003, 12:25 PM   #13  

Things are fine ..lurking not much to say.

Take care

Vickster
Old 09-24-2003, 02:48 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Vickster: Do you realize that I have 1295 more postings then you and I think we both originally registered about the same time!!!! Which means I'm either a very "gabby" chick or we need to get you talk'n more!!!! LOVE YA!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 05:44 PM   #15  

Just wanted to share a quickie note!

Went on a house-hunting trip on Monday & Tuesday. Found a trailer (excuse me--a MOBILE HOME) park in Magnolia. Passed the interview session (2 hours) to get "in," so that's where I'll be moving.

I only have 6 more working days in my office.
Whew! Time sure does fly!!

Y'all take care--I'll try to touch back in before I move, but I may not be able to!!

Don't forget about me!

Cheryl
Closed Thread