Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

This much I know: you're repeating yourself
Old 09-26-2003, 06:52 PM   #62  

Muffie, that would be a perfect WW meal. Just don't ask me to figure out the points. Oh, and go easy on the olive oil.

I wasn't cr*ppy feeling enough to go home. Just cr*ppy enough to be grumpy with everybody here at work.

We went to DS's GF's mom's house yesterday for birthday cake and ice cream for GF's 19th birthday. It was fresh banana cake. I ate it, and I'm not sorry I did. Bagzie, I'm not sure how I'm going to rededicate myself to WW's. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. Maybe I should go shopping and try on clothes in front of a 3 way mirror w/ harsh lighting. I'm going to go check out a gym tommorrow am. I mean I have an actual appointment and a month free membership. I figured I'll try it and see if I actually use it. The only problem is that it's about 20-30 minutes away, so will I get lazy and not want to drive that far?

Sugar, if you move to Vancouver we'll practically be neighbors - we can gripe about rain together.

Well, you're all probably relaxing and drinking margies at this point, except Lohani who is entertaining like a regular Martha by now. Have an absolutely loverly weekend.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:45 AM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

wasting away again in margeurita-ville---------------------lookin for my lost shaker of mrs dash
Old 09-27-2003, 11:42 AM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Gee, Bagz, it's a bit early in the day, isn't it?

I didn't get to do anything fun last night. Big excitement was arguing with DH over what to do for dinner, which turned out to be him bringing home Stouffer's frozen lasagna after taking DD to McDonald's and the football game, where she walked around in the rain the whole time because the pep band doesn't play when it's raining (but the game goes on). And then I got to wait around until 11:30 when I could go pick her up from the H.S. dance. At least she had fun.

Heck, I'm not really complaining; at least I avoided cooking. I deeply resent cooking on Friday nights.

Sugar, I think you should move here. I'm more fun than Vancouver, can't you tell? Wouldn't your DH like to work for a failed paper mill? Heck, I don't even know what he does for work. But around here, it wouldn't matter -- most everyone is unemployed anyway. That's like inviting someone to have a root canal with you, isn't it? Oh well.

Kiwi
Old 09-27-2003, 04:53 PM   #65  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwonk

Sugar, I think you should move here. I'm more fun than Vancouver, can't you tell?
OK, I'm game. Can we all live with you? Dh is a mechanical engineer, but he actually works as the utility vehicle department head at the city works. Probably tons of openings in Maine for that, eh?

Did 40 (count 'em) minutes on the machine. I've come to the conclusion that all this would be worth it if I actually had a waist. I'm just a blob in the middle.

Today I was downtown and saw the most fascinating window treatment show in a department store. Reams of fabulous curtains attached with velcro that you could just rip down in a flash and create a whole new look. This old guy was doing commentary and had his beautious assistants up on stepladders and then there was a bald guy playing oldies but goodies like "The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain" on an electronic organ.

I'm sure you envy me.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:56 AM   #66  

Greetings Bovine Beauties.
Today was splendid.... Fell asleep in recliner last night and then got the kinds out by a second sleep in regular bed... Slept to late we went out to lunch! Then bookstore!!!! I love bookstores. Found a remaindered guide to flowering perennials, an encyclopedia of craft stuff to do with paper and yet another self-help book.... I get to take 'em as a tax write off. Woohooo! Then looked at a tree farm to see how much tree we can afford to shade the house NEXT summer. Quite a bit, I think! Then did photocopying chore for a colleague.... DH said it was too much trouble to cook, so we rounded up our long "afternoon" at Quizno's... Then he worked on a small veneer table for my office, I cleaned/puttered/ weeded... Very nice. I have 2 bags of shredded discarded files to throw out. OUGHT to get into closet. Dr. Phil's admonition to throw out fat clothes is scary. (Even though there isn't anything in my closet now that is TOO big! hahaha)
Lush... the difference between posting and journaling is that (theoretically) you don't have an audience when you journal... so you really have to say what that secret deep dark buried part of you wants to say, rather than responding to whatever is "out there." Of course, sometimes the secret deep dark buried part of you has a lot of cr*p that needs to be cleared of the surface, and that's very much what some journal entries start out with!!

Sug: would love to have you in a more compatible time zone, though it is fun to have your answers when I get up in the morning! Do you do side stretches and leg raises? They REALLY made a difference in the muscles around my waist.... I'm still bulgey (sp?) but at least there is SOME definition there!

Tomorrow should be a holiday. Act like it is one and have a great day.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:56 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey!
Sure is quiet in here today! Just got back from the in-laws and another marathon "noon" dinner. Yes, it's now 5:00PM. eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It's pouring rain here, and I don't think it plans to stop any time soon. But at least it's pretty warm. Not too unpleasant. But I can't get my walk in (and don't be telling me to go walk in the mall: that's 75 miles away). Should I just jump up and down a lot?

Kiwi
Old 09-28-2003, 05:04 PM   #68  

So everybody's watching football or what? I hope you get the beautiful weather we have today soon.... In lot 70's, sunny, clear and not humid. DD in Boston said everything was just DAMP.... (She wasn't aware that Hurricane Juan was heading for Nova Scotia... hope y'all are tied town and well anchored.)

Later.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #69  
loves kleenex box art

SOCK!

We aren't all watching a football game. Some of us are reading James Patterson's books. I've read two and they were very similar. Good but not different.

That's the boring news from Lake Woebepeaches.
Closed Thread