Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 03:10 PM   #31  

Hello ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA, I'm so far off OP I can't even see OP. I've really got to get back int my exercise routine. I keep asking DH to kick my butt until I start doing it again but he never does it. I guess I have to kick my own butt into gear. My neice was suppsed to come over today so I coud teach her how to sew curtains, but her DD (age 6) was sent home from school with headlice.......AGAIN. I really don't know how to tell my neice that maybe it's her housekeeping, or lack thre of, that has the kids constntly getting lice. I'm not sure if living in a dirty house has anything to do with getting them or not, but it sure can't help.

Marti- I've got a delicous recipe for pumpkin cheesecake that I make every year for Thanksgiving (keeps everyone from arguing about pumpkin pie or cheesecake), it's not low in calories or fat, but a tiny slice is more than enough because it is sssooooooo rich. Just let me know if you would like to have it and I'll post it on the recipe sticky. Congrats on going back to school, I have been seriosly considering going back to school so I can study to be a PA. Isn't it funny, when we're young we can't stan scool and can't wait to get out and when we're "older" we can't wait to go back.

Christi- So sorry to hear about your BIL. Remember, we're all here for you. I'll keep your family in my thoughts. Ironing??!!!! What's that? I had to laugh at my DH one morning, he was telling me about a nightmare he had that seemed very real at the time. He told me he went down to our basement and was attacked by a monster, and when he came upstairs to tell me about it so I could take him to the hospital I was ironing and didn't believe he was attacked. I told him he should have known it was a dream , because I was ironing!

Jana I bet Mary can't wait to have the baby and you can't wait to have another DGD to spoil rotten! She has a beautiful name picked out. You're going to have to get a scanner of=r digital camera soon so we can all gush over your grandkids.

Angie- YUCK, SNOW! I have always thought snow ouldn't be too bad if it didn't fall on the streets or sidewalks and if it didn't have to be so darned cold to do it. Good luck with the new play, hope the boys start feeling better soon.

Robin- I'm a little behind, but welcome to the group!

Went to the dr this morning, unfortunately she wants me to start monitoring my sugar level. I guess that's one more reason to get back OP. We are going to be busy , busy, busy this weekend. We are finally going to replace our livingroom ceiling. It started falling down last winter and DH tore the rest of it out this past spring, we just have't had the finances or the gumption to get it back up but with fall here and winter on the way we don't have any choice now. The house we live in was built in 1924 so the ceilings and walls are all plaster and lathe, what a mess tearing everything out. I love our house, but we really need to get in gear and start redoing some of the rooms that we have been talking about doing for the last year or so. When we moved in, the house was a 2 story with an unfinished attic and unfinished basement. We converted the attic into the master bedroom and I LOVE it. I finally have the window seat I have always wanted (actually, it's a day bed because of the way we had to build it to keep the support for the roof trusses, but I love it anyway). We finally have all the stuff to get a good start on the basement. We figured that is a winter project. We had a bunch of sandstone given to us and since my DH is a mason, he's going to cover the block walls with the sadstone and build in a ledge that will be wide enough to use as a seat.
I better get off here since it looks like I'm starting the great american novel!

Bye Mel
Old 09-17-2003, 06:49 PM   #32  

Hi all....

Thanks Mel, nice to meet you.

Marti - nice pics. Great job. We renovated our liv rm and dining rm. so far.
Trading spaces is my favorite show. We used some tips and tricks from them and used some of our own. It sure is rewarding when it's done.

Angie - LPN, good job and very much in demand. Good luck....

Day two has been a good one, did I say that before...?

Sounds crazy, but I feel better already.

My major job function other than recruitment is WSIB Claims management for two branches of a home healthcare company. I travel between two cities twice a week. This makes it a little difficult to pack a lunch on the days that I am out of town. So, I am relying on a lot of salads those days.

Pumpkin recipe
http://www.pastrywiz.com/archive/halfmoon.htm

I don't know if you will find any that are low in calaries or not though but theres links to all sorts of receipes sorted by category on the left side

I can't believe I did this, but I just signed up to be a certified emergency response team member for my city. This is going to involve over 44 training hours and participation in a mock disaster.
I needed to get involved in something so who knows this could be very interesting.

Oh, can someone explain all the short forms? It's like reading greek to me.

Thanks

Robin
Old 09-17-2003, 09:07 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi

Hello everyone-

First off... welcome Mindi! I saw your bio. Feel free to chat with us. We talk about anything!

Cristie- I am so sorry to hear about your BIL! Always sad to hear something like that. I will be thinking of you and your family. Looks like you're doing great on your walks!! Walking in the rain. I always think of how I need to start walking. Then I sit on my patio and watch all the neighbors, (we live next to a senior housing area)do the walking. I've even seen the little ol' lady with her walker. Now, how bad should I be feeling seeing her do what I should be doing???

Mel- good to see you again! I would love to try your recipe. I'm not too concerned about how fatting it is. I just gotta watch the portions and not eat it all in one setting!! Your house was built in 1924? I love looking at old homes. As a kid, I used to live in one of the old Victorian Homes that here in town. It was built in 1890-something. Or earlier. It needed some remodeling, but it was gorgeous! The only thing was at night, it felt spooky. I didn't like all that little doors that led to the basement or attic!! My family lived there for almost a year. After we moved, the new owners remodeled the whole place and it's Beautiful!!

Jana- How exciting about the new baby!! Babies smell so good don't they?? Here is a question, why is it that little kids look so adorable in all these little outfits, yet, if you were to put it on an adult, you'd look ridiculous! Teasing aside, I'm glad that you're doing so well being OP. See, we all knew you could do it!!

Angie- how about sharing that tart recipe with me?? As you all can see, I love baking....ok wait,,, actually James is the baker, I just tell him what I want and I help. He's great at baking. Thanksgiving time, everyone is always fighting for his pumpkin pies since he makes it from scratch.

Robin- Hi there girl! I had to laugh about wanting someone to explain all the shortcuts. I did too when I first started posting. I had no idea what anyone was talking about!! Let's see if I can even remember any of this.
OP-on program
DH, DD,DS, -dear husband, dear daughter, dear son
MIL, SIL, FIL DIL- mother-son-father-daughter in law

OK, I'm still learning so that's all I can think of right now. Anyone else want to help us on that???

Wow, this is long, but before I go. I'm doing much better today. Eating sensibly and drinking lots of water. My weigh in is Saturday and I'm hoping the scale will be kind enough to move downward!! If not, I will have to throw it out the window!!

Ok I took up lots of room so I better go.
talk with you all later
marti
Old 09-18-2003, 12:55 AM   #34  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti you forgot TOM.....lol The one thing that had me totally baffled...and TOM means Time of Month.

Well Tanner auditioned tonight even with a cold. A nasally cold that is,,,and even with sounding like Willie Nelson he got the part. Hes pretty happy. I was a nervous wreck. I wasn't allowed to sit in the audition....which I think is ok,,,but not...ya know?
Darn I have to make lunches and I forgot to buy sandwhich meat...peanut butter here I come.
ttfn
Angie
Closed Thread