Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 02:18 PM   #76  

I'm in shock over J Lo and Bennie boy. I'm sooo disillusioned.

I'm back from the rodeo and still in one piece. That is one wild party. Does anyone know why ppl whoop out loud for absolutely no reason?

Muffie, sorry about the job, but it may be a good thing. I often wish someone would fire me, but no matter what a slacker I am, I'm still here.

Time to do some work, and then I'll be back to catch up.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:45 PM   #77  

I love to listen to Dr. Laura. Because she's so Dr. Laura-ish. It amazes me that ppl call up for her abuse. They all act like Dr. Laura groupies, then she cuts them down and acts all smug.

Dr. Phil is starting to disillusion me. I watched the inside fame show on the e! channel that said he was not what he seemed, although I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. His first wife blabbed about him and his ex business partner too, and I don't think they were the most impartial of ppl to give their opinion.

I'm so glad I live in Oregon. I feel absolutely svelte here.

Lohani, hope your water is back on by morning. I can appreciate the luxury of a new well. We finally gave up on ours and went to city water. At least it doesn't go dry in August.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:57 PM   #78  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, sorry to hear about the job, Muffie. You join an elite group of people who have been fired for their online writings. I think that someday that will be outlawed. Best of luck getting something you like better.

Blecch...Dr. Laura...nasty hag. I have to agree that it's pretty entertaining to hear those poor pitiful folks call up for "help" and get the psyches dumped in the toilet, but I can't listen to her for very long: I start arguing with the radio and driving erratically.

Good grief, it's hot here! It's like July again. What a strange year this has been. Soon Hurricane Isabel will probably make herself known and we'll have crappy weather again.

Kiwi
Old 09-15-2003, 09:11 PM   #79  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Here's what I learned today:

There is a country in West Africa called Guinea Bissau. Seriously, never heard of it before. They are having a military coup.

A 14 year old girl in the next town over stabbed a 15 year boy who was beating up (or picking on, depending on whose report) her 18 year old boyfriend. Lovely, eh? Even worse, DD knows the older boy. "He's cool" Oh goodie.

Kiwi
Old 09-15-2003, 09:51 PM   #80  
cow with the double chin

Exclamation YIKES!!

Kiwi...you just never know about kids. Isn't it just terrifying at times? Sometimes I look at DS and how he is almost 18 and I should be done with that type of worrying. But now I have my pumkin to worry about for the next 12 years!! I'm to old for this. I really worry about kids in our society. Even the *good ones* don't always turn out to be good. There are so many things that influence them. Look at pumkin, she is 6 and is worried that she doesn't want to wear shorts because her *thighs* (yes, she used that word) are to big. My goodness, she is not skinny nor is she pudgy in the least. She is totally obsessed with this right now. Afraid she won't be *popular*. SIGH

You are right, I think things like what I was fired for will be outlawed one day. Probably sooner than you think. It certainly is a changing situation. By accessing my blog at work, I was wrong. I should have known better. What is interesting is that when I asked her if anything I said was untrue, she changed the subject. I asked if my work had suffered and all she could say was my desk was a pig sty. Whatever, she is now a state away with some sort of student answering the phones. Her loss, and definately not mine. Just another glitch that will be easily overcome.

Ha! And until I find a job....you all will be stuck with my extra time on my hands. hee hee What a lucky herd you are! IF you want to peruse my blog, send me an IM. It is not much more than my blundering and whining. I just feel like it is my place to be open with my feelings without wondering who the **** I offend. Sometimes I wish I could turn off the comment function because I feel people want to just express and I'm sorry for whatever it is I am talking/whining about when that is not what I am looking for. I just want to get it out of my system and get on with the day.

Hmmmmmm..did not mean to be so long winded here. So sorry!
Old 09-15-2003, 11:45 PM   #81  
The magic shrinking cow

Muffie, I'm sorry about your job.

I don't post here nearly enough.

We are now a minivan family. We bought a Chevy Venture today... but we don't get it until tomorrow. That means DH has to get up at 4am to drive me to work tomorrow.

Wow, Bagzie, Muffie, Sugar, and me... our babies are so old now! My Little Guy is now a second-grader, a competent fisherman, a Cub Scout marksman, avid reader... wow. I sort of miss the baby days. It's so different now.

People at work are starting to comment about how I've lost "so much weight." It's funny. To me, I'm still someone who should be 140-145, so 174 is so huge. But they saw me at 192, so I guess I'll just accept the compliment and keep working at it.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:41 AM   #82  

I must say, that comments on what I write make me feel VERRRRRRY significant. It caresses my ego.... whereas when I just wrote in my paper journal the only person that saw it was Me/"Nobody".
I'm NOT nobody. You CAN't be nobody when you weigh more than 200 lbs.

DH is screaming at Monday night football... Must go see if Cowboys had a miracle. Night.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:34 AM   #83  
fatter than U

Talking

So my alarm goes off at 6:35 a.m. as usual and I hit the snooze button to give myself exactly 9 more minutes to stay in bed. Somehow in those nine minutes I manage to doze off again and the next thing I know I'm having this long involved dream about seeing my very first boyfriend's (alternate life #27: biker chick with a Masters degree.) younger sister (who I haven't seen since about 1985) at some gathering or other. She had put out a newsletter on her life and we were all reading it to catch up. Nowhere did it mention what she had done with her husband and three kids. Discuss.

Painty, I think your journal is fabulous. I just never know what to say.

Wow, Muffers, looks like it was maybe a good idea for you to get out of there anyway. I'm sure something great will come along and you'll be glad this "window of opportunity" opened up in the first place.

Hi Cherry, Wabby, Kiwi, Kat and Peachy, wherever you may be!
Old 09-16-2003, 08:46 AM   #84  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

welllllllll---------------Cherry!! good for you---that is alot of weight to lose-----did you count points??? I am enjoying points now that i have 35 flexie points---they are great fun on the weekend-----first week-----three pounds gone-----was 160----now 157-soon i will be down to the weight i first logged on here with HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA----it think i was 154 or so------------i am totally aiming for 145 and for some reason......THIS TIME I MAY ACTUALLY MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------------- now i know this is boring to Kiwi,so i will talk about exciting things like dd17's field hockey game-----------it was great fun to watch====i wouldn't last out there for ten minutes---the girls only have ONE spare,so they are basically all out there for two thirty-five minute periods!!!!--------WHAT a workout!!!--------------that was not too exciting so i will go have my coffee and make something up.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:12 AM   #85  
fatter than U

Default 145 rocks!

That's what I'm aiming for too, Bagzie. Sounds achievable. Remember when we were 147.5 or something and whining our heads off? Sheesh. What a difference 5 years makes.

Congratulations on you on your super loss, Cherry! I always follow your journal and I know how hard you've been working.

Making falafel (felafel? whatever) for dinner. I love those things. Gotta go fish the frozen pita breads out of the freezer. Lord knows how long they've been in there.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:46 AM   #86  

Sug: what you said is perfect. Usually it is enough to be heard, you know? (Or in this case, it is enough to be read and acknowledged.)
Happy falafal... I can't spell it either...

Hope you get a new chapter in alternate life #27 during your next cat nap. Please keep us informed. Hope your sister and her family are OK!

Bagzz... congrats! on loss AND determination. I'll steal a bit of your inspiration as soon as I am fully awake!
Old 09-16-2003, 10:48 AM   #87  
fatter than U

Default no no no!

It was my high school boyfriend's sister. I only have brothers. And a dh and two boys. I'm surrounded by men. That's why I come here.

I have done nothing all day except meditate and moon around. I suppose that's something.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:56 AM   #88  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Meditate and moon is pretty good.

I also admire the journal keepers. I lose interest in my psyche within a day or two of starting such a project.

I am so proud of successful point counters and weight loosers. I will try to draw encouragement.

Would my thighs still touch at 145? I am tired of my thighs touching. That is my new goal. I've been on target today. I am making a healthy dinner. Yesterday my water was off for 12 HOURS.....forcing me to get fattening take-out. Today, I'm back on track. I'll get to Curves. I'm about to have a healthy lunch.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:56 PM   #89  

This is how 145 feels - it feels pretty darn good, cowsies. At 144 my thighs do not touch. I can once again cross my legs comfortably. I can wear a size 10 with room to spare. I feel 10 years younger (until I look in the mirror for a reality check). Now having said all that, at only 5'2" I still have at least 15 pounds to lose. I don't know if that will happen, but in 5 more pounds I will be in the "healthy" range, so that will make me happier than anything. My goal for this month is to exercise and like it.

I haven't updated my journal for a long time - I can't remember my password - I quit updating when I realized how boring my life is. It got embarrassing to admit it.

Sugar, don't you just love those early morning dreams? I love to try to figure what my subconscious was trying to work out.

My very good friend from back in the days when my kids (and hers) were pre-schoolers has saved her money, quit her job and embarked on a traveling life. She's planning on seeing the world. Of course, she's no longer married and in fact decided years ago that she's a lesbian. She's a big one on switching between alternate lives at a moments notice. When I first met her, she was a stay at home mom with a cop husband. She went back to school, her husband asked her for a divorce, she became a single woman who fooled around with every guy who came along, then she decided she like women better. How's that for living alternate lives? She even changed her names a couple times. Now that might be a journal worth reading!

Bagzie, the point counting gets easier the further along you go. Congrats on the loss!

Gotta go work - be back later.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:45 PM   #90  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I want to count points and loose blubber also. Wabby help meeeee. I am bursting my seams today.
Closed Thread