Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 03:52 AM   #61  

I DO want to hear about the 5 luminarias. I think the best "new" religious stuff is coming from the woo woo fringe elements. I also think that's where the worst new religious stuff is coming from.... We could consider starting a cult that worshipped big butts and boobs.... We'd all be goddesses, right?

Bagzz... I thought that you could go for communion anyway... and that the priest wasn't allowed to "skip" you because that'd be breaking the confessional seal...
If all else fails (and you miss the rituals) check out an Episcopal church. The words are almost identical.... And they have new ideas sometimes.... (Old ideals, new ideas)

And except for a few, they even think gays and lesbians, bisexuals and (even) transgendered folks are PEOPLE who deserve respect and charity and love.
Ooooh... weight loss forum AND a soap box.... I am losing my therapeutic neutrality....

Hope y'all have a good Saturday... It's nearly 3 am once again... so don't expect to see me until late tomorrow!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 01:22 PM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

This is my last day with my loaner-dog, so I want to hear about the luminous mysteries too. Maybe I'll convert.

Or would that cause **** to freeze over?

Yeah, probably.

Anybody watch the fabulously boring Dr. Phil with Little Katie on TV last night? I wrote down all 7 of his luminous mysteries of dieting so I wouldn't have to read the book. I'm sure they will be very helpful

David Letterman is going to have a baby.

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2003, 02:24 PM   #63  
Most boring housewife.

Default I deliver...now you have to deliver

Peggy Noonan, whose last book When Character Was King, the Story of the Ronald Reagan years(I'm serious) is all for the addition of the luminous. She explains that when you do the rosary you are supposed to focus on the "mysteries" of Christainity..like Christ being a child, being crucified and being in heaven. Now they've added luminous mysteries which focus on his time as a teacher. I found the mysteries for Peaches last night, but now I can't find them.

I should not be a smart-*** because I guess Peggy and people like her think that this is a good thing. HOWEVER, since the Pope is obviously senile, I'm sure some dogma wonk who does not have the authority to speak ExCatheda made this up. Don't they have better things to do? Plus, it cracks me up that they are having a RALLY in Atlantic City to get everyone behind this....like a big sales meeting in Las Vegas. I wonder if they'll have celebrities. My seventh grader has been asked to go to AC for the rally. I hope they don't have call girls.

Now I want to hear the Dr Phil things. I like what he says..but isn't he sort of nutty? I mean, don't you imagine that his wife is long-suffering???? Plus, is he thin?

Painty, We're all up at 3AM...it is par for our age. Sleep is over.\\

Last edited by Lush; 09-13-2003 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #64  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hellllo bags,i watched some of dr phil and here is a link to what he said about his seven whatevers about looosing weight---http://www.msnbc.com/news/965280.asp?0cb=-213180015
Old 09-13-2003, 03:46 PM   #65  
fatter than U

Default loosing weight

I read someone's opinion of Dr. Phil's new diet book somewhere and they said he could stand to lose about 25 himself and should stick to those other "Fix Your Life and Everyone in It" books.

I know a Catholic nun who is just the sweeeeeetest woman you could ever meet. She wanted to spend her retirement in Denmark but has been shipped off to Rome. She says being a nun teaches you the true meaning of obedience. Yikes.

If I converted with Kiwi would **** freeze over twice?

Other than that, I am holding at 151.5. Yahoo. Finally getting somewhere. May actually exercise tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:53 PM   #66  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagzz
hellllo bags,i watched some of dr phil and here is a link to what he said about his seven whatevers about looosing weight---http://www.msnbc.com/news/965280.asp?0cb=-213180015
Did you see that map? 20% fat people in Oregon. We HAVE to move. We'd feel right at home!

Can you tell I'm on here when I should be cleaning up the kitchen?
Old 09-13-2003, 11:17 PM   #67  
cow with the double chin

Default I want you all to know how old you are.....

And...I remember when you all knew lil pumkin. Well, she is little missy now!!

She is at her first sleep over tonite!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last nite she told me to just drop her off. This morning she told me she didn't think she could go to sleep without a kiss from me.

When I dropped her off at 1:30 p.m., she begged me to come in with her. Bad mommy for liking that!!

I called a bit ago at 7:30 to check on her, and she was fine. I am waiting for the final word when it is actually time to sleep.

OMG!! This is the first time I have left her with anyone but my family. And that has not been but two or three times over night.

How can she be this old???!!! Tell me cows!! I am not ready with this little missy stuff..she needs to be lil pumpkin!! Sitting in my lap while I am typing to the messies and the WLB's!!

So I got on the computer to go to my diary and the first thing I thought of was her on my lap over at cyber mom and me doing OHBT (errrrrrr....one hand baby typing).

Hence the reason for this post.

Hee Heeeeeeeeee......on a side note.......why did this have to be the only Saturday evening in forever that DS decides to stay home and take over my living room??????????????

Smooches to you all. I think I will go track down Rachel's site and see how her little lovely is doing.

Sue me, I am feeling nostalgiac! (sp?)

(((Ahem.....on a side note....this post was NOT posted from jail))}
Old 09-13-2003, 11:34 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by muffie
She is at her first sleep over tonite!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

(((Ahem.....on a side note....this post was NOT posted from jail))}
Good one. Can't believe the lil one is big enough for a sleepover!! Time flies, eh? My "little one" was just sitting here not much more than 1/2 an hour ago joining me in an instant messaging conversation with her aunt, my sissie. I love technology...
Old 09-14-2003, 08:39 AM   #69  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh our little ones have grown so since the Cybermom!!!---my baby who sucked on his pluggie and carried his plastic shopping cart on his lap while i wheeled him to the mall is in GRADE FOUR,weighs a hundred pounds and is almost as tall as his teenage sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DARLINGS---I CAN RELATE------------- and my big baby is away at university-----------------When should we crack out the purple dresses and Red Hats?????
Old 09-14-2003, 05:16 PM   #70  
Most boring housewife.

Muffie, I really admire you for being able to block out your past. Yes, the babies aren't babies anymore. My boys went dirtbiking today...oooohhhhh it gets dangerous as they get older, too.
I have napped all day. It has been wonderful.
I'm sure I'll be around tonight...all night.

Last edited by Lush; 09-14-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:53 AM   #71  

Who knows what MY baby is doing... he's not even IM'ing... maybe he's actually doing his 4th year calculus. We can hope.... He's 6'4". BIG BIG baby! :l0l:
Glad to know I'm not the only one wide awake in the wee hours. I need to start using these hours more productively... Do you think midnight is too late to be lifting weights?

I calculated Dr. Phil's BMI: 29.2. It is SO much better than mine, that I can't complain. He is definitely blunt, but usually right on target as far as logic and consequences goes.... and I think he's pretty entertaining.

He's SO MUCH BETTER than Dr. Laura! I just found out to day that SHE renounced her Jewishness.... My Jewish friends say you cant actually DO that... but by golly, she's trying. I hope she doesn't join any church I know.

Do you have to be invited into the purple hat cult? Maybe WE could become Cardinals and/or bishops....

Ciao and goodnight.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:07 AM   #72  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Default here i am

Hi Painty. Everyone is better than Dr. Laura. You've set the bar kind of low, haven't you? Everything I've read about Dr. Phil's book doens't address his chubby cheeks. Why?

I have(I hope) a well person coming to fix my well. Wouldn't you have assumed that they would start earlier than this?

I want to be a Cardinal, too. I don't want to be Pope. I think Cardinals have a better time, plus I don't look good in white.

I must go run the dishwasher and the washer before they turn off my water.

L
Old 09-15-2003, 09:59 AM   #73  
fatter than U

Talking Well knock me over with a feather

JLo and Ben have split up. Are we suprised? Will that girl ever learn?

I've been readin' stuff that says it's fine for Dr. Phil to put out a diet book even though he has a BMI of 29, but he shouldn't be pushing energy bars (consisting of mostly sugar and it's derivatives) and magic pills. Tsk tsk.

I have PMS big time and my neck hurts BUT I just have to put the finishing touches on my course assignment and I can send it off to Tony in Ireland to be graded. Only 6 more assignments to go. Ack. Hope my brain holds out.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:24 AM   #74  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

The well people are here..I have no water. I don't need a new well, but I don't have the ideal well...the well of DH's dreams. Sad, sad. We will get a fancy, schmancy pump...but not the 1hp pump DH longs for because

Sugar, you are so smart. What do we do about PMS? There is a pill for premenstrual disphoria.....someone I know ttakes it an she feels better. She doesn't seem better, but who cares?

WEll guys are destroying my front yard..bye
Old 09-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #75  
cow with the double chin

Oh bagzzz! I remember your walks with the plastic grocery cart!! Damn if time doesn't fly!

Thanks Lohani. And yes, with boys, it does get dangerous! DS has calmed a bit. He will be 18 in January. My only worries with danger right now is him riding in other kids cars and injuring himseelf in a mosh pit!

I'm off to look for a job. I got fired last week. I have an online journal and I made the mistake of accessing from work. I cleaned out the history, etc. but my boss logged on to the net and when I got to work last Monday, she had read it and saw my complaining about her. I didn't say anything that was not true, but that is a long story.

In any case, this was just the push I needed to get out of there. I was very underpaid (by at least 3 bucks and hour) and with her living out of state, I had to many responsibilities and I was taking work home mentally.

I'm going to look for legal secretary rather than paralegal as there is a huge need for secretaries and I could use a break in the work load. I think at this time in life, transcribing all day will be much better than dealing with phone lines and clients. Very draining.

Have a great week cows!
Closed Thread