27 minutes elliptical
10 minutes of hand weight lifting
10 minutes trying to hulu hoop.

Meals
Tofu scramble
Cabbage, carrots, mock sausage
Clementine
Mock fish and lettuce

Did good today avoiding the cake/cookies/candy. Went to the bible study after church and they were celebrating a birthday for one of the ladies. Twice I had cake placed in front of me, and twice I was able to slip the cake on to someone else. The cookies/candy were right next to me too. However, I was able to keep them to the table in back of me, so that helped. I just had to pass the plate around when people asked for them. So all is well for today.

Our temperatures hit 27 this afternoon, so I was able to take my dog out for a short walk and play with him in a nearby field. He was so glad to stretch his legs out and run, run, run. Looking forward to the warmer weather forcasted for our area later this week. We actually had a mosquito in our house today. I don't know how in the world that happened. Perhaps it was on some of the wood outside and when we brought it in for the fireplace, it was revived somehow...don't know.

Hope you had a good Sunday!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-07-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Exercise
1 1/2 hrs. morning barn chores
1/2 hr. evening barn chores

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
tomato soup, hardboiled egg
popcorn
salad, baked chicken, rice

You did great with your weight loss too!

The weather was a bit warmer here too, we got up to 18 with warmer weather to come tomorrow along with some snow.

Wow, you sure got in a lot of exercise, and resisted the sweets. Good for you!

I went to church then had to pick up a few things for my mother-in-law. She has a bad case of bronchitis. Hopefully she will get over it quickly, but at 90 years old, her age is starting to catch up to her. We take it 1 day at a time.

I loved the article you posted yesterday.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:35 PM   #18  

Exercise

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
california roll
popcorn
sliced peaches, stew, stringbeans, pudding

Went and did a bit of shopping for my mother-in-law before it started to sleet and snow. We only got a coating, but it got real slippery. Caught up with some paperwork for the miniature horse club I'm corresponding secretary for.

Still doing good with my food portions. Taking it one day at a time.

Have an awesome Tuesday!
Old 01-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #19  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Exercise
30 minute walk
15 minutes stretching
27 minutes elliptical
10 minutes weights
10 minutes aerobics

Meals
Slimfast
Blueberries
2 clementines
Veggie casserole
Mock crab bites
Sliced almonds

Glad you like the picture I posted. I thought of you when I saw it.

We didn't get the big ice storm that was mentioned to be headed this way. Only a slight sprinkling of rain. Temperatures are warming up too.

Good job managing those food portion sizes! It makes a big difference.

I hope your Mother-in-Law gets well soon. It must be so hard for her at that age.

I am suppose to meet up with some friends at a restaurant later this month. We picked out what appears to be a good Indian restaurant. I saw the menu already, so I will be able to make a good healthy selection. Now I just need to remember to in moderation and not over stuff myself. I can bring leftovers home and have later.

Have a great Tuesday!

/////////////////////////////////////////

The Easiest Ways to Cut Calories and Junk From Your Diet

http://www.thinandstrong.com/easiest-ways-cut-calories-junk-diet/

If you’re trying to improve your diet, you’ll often find it’s easier to focus on the things you want to remove from your current eating habits rather than trying to add things. And the best way to make that successful is to focus on just the smallest things that will cause the smallest change to your feeling of fullness and energy throughout the day.

Here are some very easy ways to cut calories and reduce the amount of junk in your diet!

Get Rid of Soda Drinks

One of the very best things that anyone can do for their diet is to remove soda drinks from their diet. That means no more Coca-Cola and no more 7-Up. Why? Because these drinks are absolutely packed with simple sugars while offering nothing healthy in return. They’ll make you feel hungry and they’ll add lots of calories while contributing to lipogenesis (fat storage).

Choose the Right Coffee

What’s just as bad or arguably even worse is when you stop by Starbucks on the way into work and grab yourself a large Americano. There’s nothing wrong with the coffee – rather it’s the large amounts of cream, full-fat milk and chocolate sprinkles that get added. Simply switch that morning beverage for an Americano or a black coffee/sea and you’ll instantly save yourself the damage – cutting your diet by 100-200 calories immediately.

Stop Adding Sugar

Another tip is to stop adding sugar to your tea. Once again, this adds unnecessary calories and then creates hunger pangs following your release of insulin that will suck up all of your sugar and leave you shaky.
Moreover though, adding sugar to everything makes gets you accustomed to things tasting sweet. In other words? You develop a sweet tooth. And now nothing you eat is going to be as satisfying unless there’s sugar on top!

Remove the Butter

Butter isn’t unhealthy for you as such, but if you’re trying to reduce your calories specifically then lathering this onto everything you eat really isn’t going to help! Get used to eating your sandwiches with just the spread and you’ll find it easier to lose weight!

Share Dessert

Even when we’re dieting, it can be hard to turn down a nice dessert when everyone else is indulging – especially because we may feel as though we’re being boring or preventing others from enjoying their food. The simple answer? Offer to share with someone! You’ll save money and calories!

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-08-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #20  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
30 minute walk
10 minutes stretching
27 minutes elliptical
10 minutes trying to hula hoop

Meals
Slimfast
Clementine
Veggie Soup
Trail mix bar
Mock Crab bites

I got so very hungry on the way home today. I thought to myself, am I really hungry or bored. After about 10 minutes and with my stomach growling, I knew I was really hungry. So after scrounging through my purse, I was able to find a trail mix bar. Yeah! My emergency stash in my purse saved the day. It kept me from getting a headache and gorging on food when I got home.

Tomorrow is mid-week. I don't feel too much different than Sunday. I will keep at it though. Persistence pays off!

Hope you have a great Wednesday!

///////////////////////
12 Examples of Persistence Paying Off
https://www.glidedesign.com/12-examples-of-persistence-paying-off/

Persistence is the quality of continuing steadily despite problems or difficulties. It is one of the qualities of high achievers. The longer you stay committed to a task or goal, the more likely something good will happen for you. And believe me- the Universe will test your commitment to your goal. You develop yourself and learn new lessons, you face challenges and obstacles, but the payoff comes when you refuse to give up. Have you heard that anything worth having is worth working for? It’s true. Some of my most difficult situations preceded tremendous breakthroughs. There are tons of examples of underdogs or heroes of ours who persisted, stayed on course, and met or even exceeded their goals.

Let’s look at some examples.
  • NASA experienced 20 failures in its 28 attempts to send rockets to space.
  • Tim Ferriss sent his breakthrough New York Times bestselling book 4 Hour Workweek to 25 publishers before one finally accepted it.
  • Henry Ford’s early businesses failed and left him broke 5 times before he founded Ford Motor Company.
  • Walt Disney went bankrupt after failing at several businesses. He was even fired from a newspaper for lacking imagination and good ideas. WALT DISNEY?!
  • Albert Einstein was thought to be mentally handicapped before changing the face of modern physics and winning the Nobel Prize.
  • It took Thomas Edison 1,000 attempts before inventing the light bulb. His teachers also told him growing up that he was too stupid to learn anything.
  • Lucille Ball was regarded as a failed actress before she won 4 Emmys and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Kennedy Center Honors.
  • Dr. Seuss’s first book was rejected by 27 publishers before it was accepted.
  • American author Jack London received 600 rejections before his first story was accepted. That is some thick skin!
  • Vincent van Gogh sold only one painting in his lifetime, though today, his works are priceless.
  • Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team for not being good enough.
  • Oh here is one of my favorites- J. K Rowling was nearly penniless, severely depressed, divorced, and a single mom, who went to school while writing Harry Potter. Rowling went from needing government assistance to being one of the richest women in the world in a 5-year span through her hard work and PERSISTENCE.
You get the idea. There are thousands of stories like these. The more stories I read, the more I am encouraged to press on towards accomplishing my goal.

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-09-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #21  

Exercise

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
chicken soup, hardboiled egg
salad, grilled steak, mushrooms, mixed vegetables

Took my mother-in-law to the hospital today because her breathing was worse. They're going to keep her for a few days.

It sure was nice out. Melted some of the ice and snow. Not much going on here....

Have a nice Wednesday!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #22  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
Walked 2 miles
Walked 2 miles

Meals
Slimfast
2 clementines
Veggie soup
Mock beef pieces

I am sorry your Mother-in-Law is having problems breathing. I hope the hospital staff takes good care of her and gets her back on track to feeling good and breathing normal again soon. I will keep her in my daily prayers.

Icy walking today. I had to be so careful walking on the sidewalks to make sure I didn't slip and fall. Had a couple of close calls too. I didn't want to walk on the road with my dog due to all the salt. It is not good for his paws and I don't want him ingesting any of it.

Do you have any horse competitions in the winter or are they only in the Summer? I quit taking my dog to the Agility club. I didn't care for the people there too much. My dog and I can have fun in our back yard.

Hope you have a happy Thursday!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-10-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #23  

Exercise

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
california roll
popcorn
fruitcup, pizza casserole, snow peas

My mother-in-law is still in the hospital. They're doing tests to find out the cause of her difficult breathing.

Was so much warmer today. It felt good to feel the sun. I'm sure we'll go back in the deep freeze before too long.

Grocery shopping tomorrow.

Have a good Thursday!
Old 01-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #24  

Exercise

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
egg sandwich
cheeseburger, potato salad

It was great out today. Most of the snow melted away. Expecting lots of rain tomorrow, then a flash freeze Saturday morning.

Went grocery shopping and didn't buy any junk food
Old 01-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #25  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
Walked 2 miles

Meals
Tofu scramble
Slimfast
Veggie pizza

Good job sticking to healthy food while shopping. That is hard for me. Now I go in, get what I need and rush out.

Tomorrow suppose to be warm in the 60's here, followed by thundershowers. Then headed to single digits in the next couple of days. Like you said, the cold weather will be back.

Enjoy your Friday nice weather in the morning!

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-11-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #26  

Exercise

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
cheeseburger
popcorn
grilled steak, fried cabbage, noodles

It was very warm today with lots of rain. Tomorrow is going to be very cold with freezing rain in the morning. Caught up with some housework. Mother-in-law is still in the hospital. I think she will be coming home soon. Not sure what the scale will show tomorrow. I don't feel like I lost anything. We shall see.....
Old 01-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #27  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
3+ mile walk

Meals
Tofu scramble
Bean soup, mock beef bites
clementine
Veggie Pizza
Mini muffins (2)

I cleaned house today too. Also took my dog for another bath. Did good avoiding the foods at the store. Not so good with some of the foods my husband bought later. Weigh-in tomorrow. I hope I am down some, you too! We shall see. Hang in there.

Not sure just yet what I will do this weekend. I have one walk scheduled for the group tomorrow, which I will probably do if it doesn't rain too hard. It is in town so it won't be too muddy, just wet. We have over 100 people in the group now, but still have only just one or 2 show up. Maybe once it gets warmer, participation will increase.

Have a happy Saturday!

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-12-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #28  

Down 2.2 lbs.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #29  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
2 miles walk
5 miles walk
15 minutes of Latin Zumba

Meals
Tofu scramble
Chile Relleno, Chips, and salsa
Taco salad

And the scale says...... down 3 lbs. Yippee!!!
So we both did good this week!!! Let's keep it going.... Good job!!!

Started off walking in the rain this morning with temperatures still nice in the high 40's. Walking again around 10:00 with temperatures at freezing with a slight glance of a snow flurry here or there. By afternoon the sunshine was at full blast with the temperatures still around freezing. Had 2 people join me for the walk I had planned today. Yeah!

Checked out a few exercise videos from the library. First one was Zumba and with some latin dance music and steps. Thought it would be fun, but it just wasn't my type of music or exercise technique for this Zumba version. Have 2 more to look at over the next few days. Trying to find something that works for both my husband and me.

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday! Congratulations once again.

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-13-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #30  

Exercise

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
chicken soup
popcorn
salad, cavatappi

Back in the deep freeze today. Sam was off so we just watched a couple of movies. Tomorrow I have a luncheon meeting at a restaurant so I will need to be careful with what I order.

We are both doing really good with our weight loss Let's keep it up!
Closed Thread