Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 04:20 PM   #16  

Hey

Can you believe that I never went to sleep last night??!!! I got home from working the Titans game around 2:00am. I couldn't go to sleep because I was so tired and my legs were killing me. At 5:30 the alarm went off to get the boys up, so I just stayed up since I could never go to sleep.

I used one of my comp days at work today.I just got back from the store.I have layed around all day and watched TV but couldn't sleep. Now it's catching up with me.I'm about to passout.I think I'll try to go to bed around 8:00 tonight or I won't be able to function tomorrow.

Gayle,
I'm so sorry that you & your family has been sick. I hope you're feeling better today.

Ramona,
Yep....My dentist appointment is Thursday.I really dread it because when it comes to the dentist, I'm a BIG BABY!

Dee,
Did you have a fun weekend away? Post & tell us all about it!!

Cheryl,
I've been meaning to ask....Did you get the job that you went on the interview for?

Debbie & Carol,
Are you ready for weigh-in tomorrow? I told Debbie not to weigh since she's been sick and on steroids.I know that they can make you retain water bad.

Shelley,
Right when we start to catchup at work, the computers go down.Central office said that we got that virus! Don't know when I'll finish my attendance.Has work slowed down for you yet?

To all the MIA......I miss you!!

Going to lay down.....Love You All...........

Last edited by Sherry; 09-08-2003 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:29 PM   #17  

Gayle how are you all feeling this afternoon? Is Allison over the flu, yet?

Debbie it has been way above temps here so I think that we will keep the pool open a bit longer. How are you feeling now?

Sherry glad that you went down for a rest. Hope everything goes well at the dentist for you thursday.

Ramona 25 years coming up. Are you having a big party?

Dee I hope that everything works out with the twins. It sure is a long waiting game.

Shelley how is work going now? Has things gotten any better?

Carol how is your mom and sister doing? I would love to see a new pic of you now.

We had a wonderful weekend at the lake. We had a two bedroom modern cottage that over looked a beautiful lake. It is situated in a pine forest. Lots of wild life. We were in the fishing Derby. Larry won 2nd prise for second largest bass ($25.00) Richard my brother won first and second prise for the largest pickrel ($50.00 plus $25.00) and also third prise bass ($15.00). We did very well. It was a lot of fun.
Sherry your right we do visit many places. I love adventure! I get bored easy, so I am always up for something new and exciting.

I just got back from my friends moms funeral. She is doing ok right now. It is tough losing your mom at any age. We have been to far too many funerals this summer.

Well I better go and unpack. Last night we got back at 9:30 and we decided not to unpack anything. We went out and made a fire in the back yard and cooked banok on sticks. After it was toasty brown we split it open and buttered it and sprinkled it with cinnamon and brown sugar. Yummy! Well now that I have been out all day I have to get something done. Just wanted to check in and tell you that the wild sex over the weekend didn't kill me because there wasn't any.....lol TOO MANY SLIMMY FISH!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:42 PM   #18  

Sherry-Get your booty in bed!!

Work has finally slowed down!

Dee-What the heck is banok??
Old 09-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #19  
Carol

Good Morning!

It seems like everyone has been so busy lately; me included. I am sure things will calm down soon with summer winding down.

Yes Sherry I am ready for weigh in today. Slow and steady wins the race.. I weighed in at 154 today. Down 1 more lbs. It may take awhile to reach my goal, but I am moving down that scale!!!

Debbie and Sherry: I am sorry you two have been feeling so bad. You girls need to take better care of yourself.

Sherry: I hope the dentist appointment goes well on Thursday. I hate the dentist!!

Debbie: I was on steroids once when I got a bad cold/cough and yes they did make me gain a few lbs. So don't worry about weighing in today. Good news.. the weigh came right back off when I got off those darn things. Hang in there.

Gayle: I hope you and your family are feeling better.

Shelley: I am glad work has slowed down and you have time to catch your breath....

Ramona: Eating binges... Ahhh I remember those well. I don't blame you at all.. stress does a lot to us and overeating is one of the things I tend to do as well when I am super stressed. Hang in there, you will get back on track soon.

To all of you asking about my sister and family here is the scoop.

I am taking Mom to the oncologist for an appointment this morning so I will be able to answer more questions about her later today. She is still recouperating from the surgery, but seems to be doing well. Still a bit weak and shaky, but I think feeling better.

My sister goes in for the second half of her neck surgery on Wednesday. She is doing quite well considering. It is really strange when you hear more facts about how she was when she first broke her neck. The doctors are now telling us that her neck was just "hanging" when she first got to the hospital. The paramedics did a fantastic job of getting her out of the car without moving her neck at all. It was a good thing she was wedged in the car so tight she couldn't move, it probably saved her from being a parapelegic. We also found out that if she had broken her neck up one more inch it would have cut off her windpipe and she probably would have died before they got to us. God was definately with us that day. My sister loves and collects angels and I tell her everyday that all of her angels were with her that day!!!

Please continue with your prayers for my mom and sister because all is not over yet and we need all the prayers we can get. Thanks for being there and being my friends!!

Just a note: I haven't had anyone take any pictures of me since I first started looking weight. It is strange that I still feel fat a lot of the time. One of these days I will get that pic taken.

Well enough for now. Gotta run.

Love and Hugs

Carol

Last edited by Carol101; 09-09-2003 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:59 PM   #20  

Shelley banok is indian bread. It is made with 1 cup of flour, 1tsp baking powder, pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp of lard. Mix it together and add just enough water to make a soft dough. You can bake it in the oven but we like to get a fire going and wrap half of the dough around a one inch stick. It ends up being about 6-8 inches long down the stick. The bake it over the fire where the coals are until brown. It is really yummy and fun to make.

Carol that is great that you are still losing weight. You are doing marvelous. Let us know how things went with your mom.

It just started to drizzle here. We haven't had much rain over the summer, it is very dry here. Hopefully we will get at least an inch of rain.

Hope that you are all having a good day.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:58 PM   #21  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

I thought I should post and let everyone know I am still alive...LOL. I am feeling a lot better but still not completely well. I have been taking so much medicine that it just makes me feel yucky most of the time. I didn't weigh in this morning, because I feel the steroids have made me retain fluid. More than ready to feel good again!!

WTG to all you LOSERS!!

I'll try to post more later.....deb

Old 09-10-2003, 07:59 AM   #22  

Hi everyone...

Long time no see....Been doing alot of lurking.
Not much to tell just been keeping busy.

Hubby and I had our 20th Anniversary yesterday.

Sher,Deb,Gayle, and all others have a good week and glad to see that you all are staying on track with OP.

Sorry some of you have had some hardships and our in my prayers

Later

the MIA-Vickster
Old 09-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #23  

Sherry I just had to tell you that I dreamed about you last night. I dreamed that you came down for a surprise visit. I was shocked when you came with your family but I knew who you were right away. You were really slim. My house was a mess which I was so embarassed by. It seldom is a mess. I kept expressing how excited I was to see you and how great you looked. So when are you coming down?
Old 09-10-2003, 10:11 AM   #24  
Losing it!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :cry

Dee's not dreaming about me.....

Old 09-10-2003, 01:45 PM   #25  

Sorry for the MIA status lately!

I got the job that I interviewed for, so I've been INCREDIBLY busy! I've gotta move in less than a month to a place that I've never been to, and I feel so overwhelmed.

Just wanted to check in and let y'all know where I stand!

Cheryl
Old 09-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #26  
Losing it!

Yay!!!!!!!!! Cheryl I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!! It's understandable to be nervous about the new job and the move, but just from what I know of you, you will be just fine!!! I wondered when you were finally going to check in with us!!!! I hate to be a pest and holler at the MIA's, but we do miss you guys! Or maybe you all have a life other then hanging out here like me! Again, CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 09-10-2003, 03:08 PM   #27  

Way To Go Cheryl!!!!!!!!!!!!
What town will you be moving to????

Gayle, I haven't been posting much, but I do check in many times a day.....I guess I don't have a life either!!! hahahaha

It has really been quiet on here lately and I'm as guilty as anyone. I'll try to do better and post more regularly!
Old 09-10-2003, 04:07 PM   #28  
Losing it!

me guilty too...

Ramona: When will Dan be leaving?
Old 09-10-2003, 04:19 PM   #29  
Losing it!

Deb, is the cold better? Take care of yourself!

Sherry, was today the dentist visit? Let us know how it went. BTW: Is Drew able to play football this year?
Old 09-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #30  

Gayle, we had a family support group meeting Saturday night and the deployment has been moved to November...at least for now. The commander said that was subject to change and they could end up leaving in a matter of weeks. They go active duty this Saturday.
There was a new tape released today allegedly from Osama Bin Laden and he stated that all the mothers of soldiers in Iraq should get ready to say goodbye because they were all going to be killed. I wish we could get that guy!!!!
I think Sherry's dental appointment is tomorrow...is that right Sherry???
Debbie or Sherry, are either of you familier with Springfield, TN?
I have a classmate who lives there now.
Closed Thread