Old 10-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it’s a nice day in my neighborhood! We went to church mainly because we had a guest organist today. The minister’s sermon was 35 minutes — too long! I’ve all ready decided I am not going next week! It will be communion with no organization and he rips bread from a loaf, pieces are way too big. The previous minister was big on hand sanitizer but this guy is not. Gross! Bob says I have a bad attitude, and maybe I do. Oh well . . . . . . . . “rolleyes”

Not much newsy from here today. I have laundry to get in the dryer and another ready for the washer. Guys should be back in the fields tomorrow. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:36 PM   #17  

Good evening. I thought I posted this morning but I guess I got my mind on something else and out it goes. The older I get the more of that there is.

We did all of the shopping this weekend but Jack is about fed up with the Navy base. For over three or so years now they no longer use stickers on your car, everyone in the car must have a military id car no exceptions. Then they started over a year ago closing the back gate during weekends. Now you have to drive way out and around and come into the front gate, then drive through the whole base to the back gate area where the commissary is. The speed limit is between 15 and 35 all through the base. When you go through the front gate you have to stop at a stop sign before you get to the gate guard because they have some building on the right that’s parking lot has the right of way onto the main street. Of course the place is closed on the weekend but now they’ve done one better. Not only do you have to stop, but there’s a sign telling you to turn off lights, windshield wipers and wait for the gate gaurd to wave you up to him! Jack nor I saw the sign and he got reprimanded for not waiting. He said a few choice words when we drove through and said, “To h*** with that. What are they gonna do disallow me from coming on base? I’m retired they can’t do anything to me but ban me from the base.” I told him we don’t have to continue to go out there because it’s the only time we use the base is to shop. He’s still mad because one of the rent a cops stopped me coming towards him to go out a few months back and said I was speeding. He had his back to me checking ID’s, there were no other security or Navy personnel around and no radar people. I wasn’t speeding anyway. I thought Jack was going to tell him off that day. There is absolutely nothing out at that base secret enough for this bologney. The base is a records keeping base only now. No planes, electronics schools, nothing is out there anymore but personnel pay records. It’s ridiculous.

We did have a nice evening with friends last night. It was ugly and rainy but nice company going out to dinner.

Jack is taking a nap but going to have to rouse him up so I can get dishes clened up and he’ll not sleep if he doesn’t wake up now. He had a roaring headache all day and came home and took Aleve and ate dinner and I think he’s just all in.

Jean: I can’t do bus trips. I have to get out and walk around too much when we take car trips so my feet and legs don’t swell. Kids get so much these days they don’t appreciate anything as they grow up feeling entitled and nothing is special. We looked forward to birthdays and Christmas because the only other time we got things were school clothes before school started. We didn’t usually get all we wanted either. Kids grow up not knowing how to learn from failure or learn how to accept disappointment. I buy petite jeans because of the length. The stride is a little short but regular jeans are way too long.

Well hubby is awake so need to do those dishes.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #18  

Good afternoon. Sitting watching tv waiting for Jack to get off work and go pick us up dinner at Cracker Barrel. I got out strip steaks to make steak burgundy and they didn’t thaw out for some reason so carry out it is.

I got the downstairs cleaned and I love the new vacuum. It is wonderful not having a cord to kepp unplugging and plugging in and it’s the first vacuum I’ve ever had that actualky works on surface floors. Usually, they spit stuff out through the back when you try to vacuum on something other than carpet. Boy does it do a heck of a job on carpet too. My other shark is going upstairs so I don’t have to drag a vacuum upstairs when I want to clean.

The wind has really kicked up. We aren’t supposed to get any rain but I wonder with the wind blowing so hard if something is moving in. It has stayed cool all day today.

I bought a new Ipad. I hope I like it. I like the size of my mini, but the darn thing is slow and getting worse. We shall see if this improves it any or not as I am not enamored having a bigger Ipad.

Everyone had a good evening.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon! The wind continues to blow and it is cold even though the sun has been shining all day. The weatherman shared that our wind chill this morning was 23 degrees. I made a WM run and thought about wearing my winter coat but decided on a heavier spring jacket. I am thankful we are done with football and soccer! I sure didn’t want to stand around outside. Some dumb *** left a cart in a parking space and it was rolling towards another parked car. I grabbed it and took it in with me, some people are so clueless. I got a call from the hospital and my surgery appointment is for 7:30! I was afraid I might get stuck later in the day this time. I called Bob to tell him and they had a major breakdown on the combine. I asked if they could fix it and he thought it would be going in to the shop. Not a good sign for the pocketbook. They had wagons and grain cart, plus the combine full, so were going to dump into bins and the semi. As usual, I will see him when I see him.

“Gma,” I wonder if the changes at the base are for security reasons even though there are no planes, etc., there. I guess the government doesn’t really need a reason. I tried petite slacks several years ago, maybe I should try them again. I have a Shark vacuum and really like it. It has a very long cord so I can do the main floor and entry on two plugs. Now that sounded a little weird! It’s good both on carpet and the bare floor; my problem is just doing it. I hope you like you new iPad. Mine have all been the bigger size. I got a case that will prop the screen up and I really like that. My typing skills have gone to pot however. My newest one recharges so much faster and doesn’t get nearly as warm as my last one, which Bob inherited. He likes to snoop FB and plays solitaire or hearts.

I have folded laundry to put away so better get to it. Hope you enjoy a nice evening!
Old 10-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #20  

Good morning to you all. Brr it is chilly in the house this morning. I don't need to put on the heat, but it is cool in the house. It was pretty cool all day yesterday.

I made an executive decision that we are replacing the lights in the kitchen, laundry room, entrance hall and the upstairs hallway. The entranceway has this old ugly chandelier that half the sockets won't work and all the others have glass shades on them that makes them hard to take apart to change bulbs. I told Jack if something happened to him, I would never be able to change the bulbs so out they go. We bought them when we moved into the condo so they had a good life. I am getting new modern ones that you just screw the bulbs in and out of. They will match the new ceiling fan in the living room better too. We are going out looking for those on Saturday. I told Jack I had a honey do list for him this weekend, nothing major, but I want my print and my sconce put up behind the tv, the other chair put together so I can get rid of the box, the outdoor motion light put up on the front door as it will be here today. Weekend chores are car wash, pick up packing boxes to start fall (spring) cleaning of the upstairs, and buying new lights. I will give him a couple extra weeks to start changing out the lights. They can be done when he wants to, but I want them done in the next month or so if possible.

Halloween is creeping up on us, no pun intended. I will have Jack mail the boys cards tomorrow. We don't get trick or treaters much here as there aren't many kids that live here.

We are deciding what we want to do for Thanksgiving. I am not sure as I thought maybe we would go out of town for the holiday weekend, but my niece texted me last night and my sister is in the hospital again. She said her lungs are full of fluid and her oxygen level was so low she was incoherent. She doesn't know much more than that right now. She said she is supposed to be going on vacation, but they may have to cancel that. I feel bad for her as her two brothers won't do anything to help her out and it all lands on her shoulders.

Jean: I sure wouldn't want a bill for fixing farm equipment. Bad enough with car costs. Jack thought he needed new brakes but the guy at the dealership said no they were perfectly fine. He said the rotor was great and the pads had plenty of stuff on them so that was good news. Nice for once someone tells you the truth instead of giving you a snow job. The Firestone we used to use started cheating people and we found out when they tried to force us to buy a battery when we didn't need one. The last straw was when they refused to put transmission fluid in the Mariner when it was low. The dealership is cheaper by about $10 to have our oil changed anyway.
I am anxious to see if I like the new Ipad. I always buy covers for mine and ordered one for the new Ipad. Cost me nearly $50, but it is cute and has my name on it. Good luck with the second eye. I know you are going to be so happy when they are both clear.

Everyone have a good Wednesday. I am off to finish cleaning the kitchen and get the day going.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:23 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it is warm enough to have the sliding doors open this afternoon. Colder and maybe some snow by Friday. Crazy weather! This was my morning to work in the gift shop; sold a few things, helped price a few things, and tied red ribbons on gift bags to get ready for Christmas. Now I need to address some church birthday cards and then I have bell practice in a little while. That will be my day until Bob gets home from the farm tonight.

“Gma,” I am so sorry about your sister! I know you have told me before but does she live in California? It’s never easy long distance, that’s for sure. We have that out-of-date pop corn finished ceilings in the addition, kitchen, and living room. I would really like to get rid of it but know it will be a big mess and probably expensive. To me it always looks dirty and Bob says I am seeing shadows. Good luck with your light project! It seems like there is always something to fix or replace in a home. The dealership had a used combine so the guys could keep going yesterday. It’s newer and “only” $67,000. Bob thinks it will be at least $2-3000 in repairs, and that is using used parts because it is an older combine.

I need to get going on the cards. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!
Old 10-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #22  

Good morning. I guess we have turned the fall corner permanently now. The furnace came on yesterday morning and I thought maybe Jack turned it on but he didn't. I went and turned it to the off position so it wouldn't come on again and lowered the temp to 61. It is not near time to use the furnace and I am not even wearing a sweater in the house so there is no need for the furnace.

I noticed Jack picked up the Halloween cards so the boys should get them in a couple days. Guess I am going to have to hunt for Christmas ones soon.

I was going to go and get my nails done today, but didn't feel like getting out so will just get my chores done. I did put on chicken to cook in the crockpot to make chicken and noodles for dinner tonight. I made braised steak tips with gravy last night that were really, really good and had enough leftover potatoes for Jack to have them tonight. He likes to put his noodles over mashed potatoes. Talk about carb overload! We like the really thin noodles not the big wide ones for chicken and noodles or if I am really on the ball I make my own. There isn't a place for me to lay they out to dry really so I rarely make my own.

Jean: I wouldn't want that farmer's bill for sure. I have a younger sister who lives in the Phoenix area and used to live in CA, but my older sister that is again in the hospital lives in Indianapolis. I don't know how much longer she can live with this situation. She was a long time smoker and that is the damage it caused to her lungs. I don't think she cares whether she lives or dies as neither of her sons come to see her and it is all on her daughter to take care of her. I have repeatedly tried to call her and she doesn't answer the phone and won't return my voicemails so I may just buy her a card and send it to her or something. I don't know what else to do. I have those popcorn ceilings in the whole house and hate them. For one thing they catch dust bunnies and we are having to continually use a broom on them. I noticed a crack in one in the bathroom so I imagine it is going to come down at some point. Our condo is too old and not worth enough to spend the bucks it would take to remove them and re dry wall the ceilings. I am just going to have to live with that. We got the motion detector light for the front door yesterday so I hope Jack can get it up this weekend, but we shall see. It looks pretty easy to install and it is very light not heavy. The heaviest thing will be the batteries in it as it is not hardwired.

Well. I hear the washer has finished so need to go put clothes in the dryer. Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:07 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, the never ending wind is blowing, and it is “raining” leaves big time. The weatherman is still predicting snow flurries for tomorrow. We were back home by 10 this morning, Bob changed clothes and headed to the field. My eye is still a bit blurry but will clear by late afternoon if like last time. They had 24 cataract patients this morning. I cranked the furnace up and have been parked in front of the tv since coming home.

“Gma,” you mentioned Halloween cards and that reminded me to put mine out in the mail box. Mailing them from here will take a couple extra days because they take the trip south before going north and west. Stupid! I’m not supposed to drive until I have my eye checked Monday. I’m planning to get my nails done tomorrow and have to do the end of the week paperwork for the gift shop. The other night when we went out to eat with the football parents, several of the moms ordered “beef bites.” They were just a smaller plate of bite sized pieces of what looked like steak. They all used lots of salt and one mom told Bob to order them medium because otherwise they are tough. We had ordered food in another room and then joined the others but Bob said he’d try them next time. Your menus always sound good.

I should do some laundry. I have my eye drop bottles and charts decorating the kitchen island counter. I will be glad when they are done! Hope you enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #24  

Good morning to you all. It is going to be cold here starting today and all through the weekend. Guess it is time to get out the blue jeans and put away the capris.

Jack took a steak for lunch today as they are going to cook out so we are having Mcds for dinner tonight. Nice and easy evening with no clean up. Tomorrow we start the honey do chores and go and try and see if I can find lights I want. The ones I want say they are not for the kitchen or bathroom, but I don't see why they can't be put there. They stick every other kind of crazy light in the kitchen when they do renovations. I am going to get them anyway I think.

Nothing much going on with me today. I decided to wait until Monday to get my nails done as that is one of their slow days. I need to get the bathrooms upstairs cleaned again so maybe I can tackle that sometime this weekend.

BEEF TIPS AND GRAVY

•2 pounds beef stew meat (I use a couple strip steaks for tender meat)
•½ stick butter
•1 medium onion, chopped
•8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
•2 cloves garlic
•½ cup flour
•½ teaspoon salt
•½ teaspoon pepper
•4 Tablespoons oil
•32 ounces beef stock
•4 dashes Worcestershire sauce

Instructions

1.Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Saute for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside.
2.Dredge beef stew meat in flour/salt/pepper mixture.
3.Add oil to skillet, brown meat.
4.Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and kitchen bouquet to skillet. Stir to combine, gravy will thicken as it heats. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or so. (note: the longer you simmer the more tender your meat will be.) Add mushrooms back in. Simmer for 10 minutes or so more. If you prefer a thicker gravy, add a little cornstarch/water mixture to thicken even more.
5.Serve over mashed potatoes.

Jean: I am enclosing the recipe if you want to try it on Bob. It really is very good. It makes this yummy gravy. Hope your eyes are better today. My second eye took longer to come around, but they did the weaker eye last and maybe that is why. My one eye was a lot worse than the other one. The place I went for my surgery has a lot of doctors and was always super busy it seemed. Of course they did the laser surgery there too so that might have been it, but it seemed like a lot of older patients and I think they did glaucoma surgery as well. Jack hasn't had to stay late, but they are installing a lot of new stuff out there and Jack has to be there and walk around with the contractors because he is senior guy I guess. He has had to climb up and down ladders and stairs a lot lately and has been coming home with his knees and ankles hurting him. I tell him to take a bottle of Aleve to work and leave it in his desk but he doesn't do it.

Well everyone have a great weekend.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #25  

Good Afternoon! It’s “Crappy Weather Day!” here today. It has “warmed” up to 32 degrees from 28 early this morning. The wind warnings are in effect until this evening; I have no idea what the wind chill is but it’s a winter coat kind of day in my neighborhood. There is snow on the deck and snowflakes have fallen off and on all day. They don’t accumulate nor last long which is good. I went to get my nails done first thing this morning then picked up a few things at the grocery store. Prices have gone up again! Lettuce was $2.39 and butter was $4.99 a pound. Chili sounds good and I just saw a recipe on FB for ham balls. Yum! They are good as leftovers too. I just finished getting the gift shop money counted and ready to deposit. I should vacuum but that can wait until tomorrow. I have an order in for some sunshine, hopefully tomorrow if not today.

“Gma,” it would be interesting to know why the lights aren’t recommended for the kitchen nor bathroom. I don’t like the light over our table; no matter where you sit you write in a shadow. It’s not centered over the table and if we move the table one of the chairs would be half off the rug. Another remodeling “goof.” I hope you find some lights you like. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I know Bob would like it. I have to ask . . . did Jack see the mushrooms or did you leave them out? Sometimes we will order nachos at a local restaurant and share; the menu says “no substitutions, it is what it is!” The waitress just laughs at me because my plate will have a pile of mushrooms and jalapeños while Bob’s plate is licked pretty clean; he eats all the mushrooms and a few jalapeños. My eye feels much better today, and not scratchy at all. It was my weaker eye also, so maybe that accounts for the discomfort yesterday. After the fact I remember feeling like they were pouring cold water on my eye which I don’t remember the first time around. There was no evidence of it on my cheeks so maybe I dreamt that part. I have gone to a few essential oil classes lately and have been interested in learning tidbits that others share. Amanda gave me a rollerball bottle to use at night if I have a stuffy nose. I must admit I think it does help. Bob complained the other morning but I couldn’t get him to try it. One gal said she and her husband were to the point of separate bedrooms because he snores so loud. They had tried different things which didn’t help but whatever oil or combination of oils eliminated the snoring. I’m glad I don’t have that problem! I did buy a book which has an index of all the different ailments a person could have and what oils to use for treatment. I wasn’t aware that oils have so much history.

The mailman just drove by so will go see what he brought besides the two local newspapers. They used to come on different days but when the post office rumored no Saturday delivery, the one newspaper switched their days to match the other local paper. Enjoy the rest of the day and have a nice weekend!
Old 10-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #26  
Short & Sassy

Good morning ladies! Well, after many years of lurking on this thread, I decided to jump in and introduce myself. My name is Sandy. And as you might be able to tell by my username, I'm short. 5'2 to be exact. My husband (Bill) is 6'2 and gave me the nickname "Midget" when we first started dating. We just celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary. We have one daughter (Dixie) and 2 wonderful grandchildren (Reagan (13) and Ashton (12).

I'm retired from the Federal government (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers). GMA, every time you mention Millington, I think of the Corps. That's where our finance office is.

I feel like I already know you ladies since I've been lurking for so long. I don't want to bore you with a whole lot of info just now but am looking forward to getting to know you. Have a great day!
Midget2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #27  

Good morning, ladies! 64 degrees right now and that is about the high for today. A Nor'easter is on the way and shou8ld get here tonight and make for a very stormy day tomorrow.
Midget I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
I'm sorry to be AWOL for so long. I've had another bout of depression. The doc changed my medication and it interfered with my COPD/Asthma meds and I had a bad time of it for over a week. Now on yet another med and it seems to be working well. When I get really depressed, I can sleep most of the day and night and do nothing. I still make myself go to the Y. I guess that qualifies me as a real gym rat.

I went to Glory Bee Thursday. We had a protein filled pot luck - cottage pie, 2 kinds of chicken salad, quiche, salad, and coconut pie. It was all good. Lorena made me a crustless tart.

Yesterday the water aerobics class had a pot luck lunch for Halloween. We usually do it for Christmas but decided to go before the holidays since that time is already busy and food-filled.

Faye, I'm going to do your Beef Tips in the Instant Pot. You could have done that in your pressure cooker even though the meat wasn't thawed. It comes out so tender and flavorful in 12 minutes. Smithfield makes a Carnita Pork Shoulder that is about 2 pounds. I first got it at Kroger but yesterday I found it at Aldi even cheaper. I threw it in the IP for 60 minutes and then shredded it. So good. I divided it up into individual portions and froze what was left. I'm very sorry your sister is having so many health problems. I have upstairs and downstairs vacuums, too. I get too short of breath carrying heavy things upstairs. I hate going to the DMV. I had to renew my registration this month. Of course, I put it off so long, I couldn't do it online and get the stickers before Nov. 1. The website says print out your receipt and carry it with you until the stickers come but I didn't want to do that. You can go in person to do it and there is $5 added. If I go to the DMV, I can be there for hours. I went to the Poquoson DMV which is not full service (can't renew driver's license or take driving tests there), no waiting and she said they don't charge the $5 although they do at the full service DMV. Security at the bases here has gotten very strict. We had a nut who set off a pipe bomb in the parking lot at Colonial Williamsburg this week. He's now charged with terrorism and in jail.

Jean, I'm hoping to not see a single snowflake this winter. The leaves are either green or brown and falling. They haven't changed colors yet. Cotton is picked, soy beans are harvested and the farmers are getting things ready for winter.

Have a wonderful day!

Jean,
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #28  

Good evening gals. I have sad news. I got a call about 3 hours ago that my sister died this morning. I knew it was coming in my soul, but having lost my brother earlier this year, it was tough to take. My sister in Scottsdale and myself are the only two left now. We will be going to Indianapolis when we have all the particulars. I have been scouting out hotels to see pricing as she will probably be buried the end of next week. Her dd and son in law are in Scottsdale on vacation visiting my sister as they are close. She is beside herself feeling guilty. We have tried to tell her it would happen even if she was standing at her mom's bedside so she shouldn't feel guilty. Her youngest daughter is due any day now so I sure hope it doesn't throw her into labor. Her grandma has been sick a long time now though.

We are going out and doing some errands tomorrow and start getting things gathered up to pack so we can do everything at the last minute if we have to. Jack took our little cooler to work to put his water in so we need to get another one to take with us. It is about 500 miles from our house to Indy so takes a whole day to get there and cheaper to take drinks than to buy them all the time on the road.

I ended up ordering the lights from Lowes online. We came to an agreement on what we wanted, in other words I got what I wanted, and I am hoping they will get here before we have to leave for Indy. We still have to get a short chandelier for the entranceway and a small one for the top of the stairs. I have to get a couple for the bedroom eventually. I am putting lights in the rooms that don't have to have the glass removed to change bulbs. If something would happen to Jack, I have no one to come and change them so I want something I can just stand on my step stool and change easily.

Sandy: Welcome to our tiny group. We have shrunk over the last few years and we don't talk about weight loss much. If you lurked you know we just blab about our lives generally for the most part. My sister was 5 foot and her baby brother was 6'5" and my son is 6'4" so she was a real shrimp to them. My husband works for the city of Memphis and there is an Army Corp of Engineer on the road to the plant here in Memphis. Jack was in the Navy for 20 years and retired in 1989.

Susan: How good to see you! How are the ole new knees doing? Hope you like the recipe. The gravy comes out so yummy. Luckily, except for my handicap tag, we can renew licenses and our tags online pretty easily. Oh my, though horrible, sure glad it was the parking lot and not the historical buildings. We sure have a lot more nuts these days, don't we?

Jean: I bought a jar of whole mushrooms and told him before he made a plate that I needed to take them out and I did and got all the yumminess of the mushrooms and he enjoyed the beef and gravy. We have the sleep number bed with the elevated head so Jack doesn't snore anymore. I can even do what they do on the commercial and raise his head if he starts sawing logs to loud.

Everyone have a good evening and a great day tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon! It is a gray gloomy day in my neighborhood today. There is no wind blowing today; Bob just phoned, while waiting in line to dump corn, and said there are rain sprinkles on the windshield. I have been very lazy today! I did wash a load of farm clothes and read the Sunday paper. I need to make the ham balls and then pick up the kitchen. I try to be neat but it seems like the kitchen always needs attention.

Sandy, welcome to our group! We are glad to meet you! I live in Iowa, the land of cold, snow, corn, soybeans, and livestock. I am also retired and keep busy volunteering. My husband is a semi retired insurance agent and wannabe farmer. He helps a good farmer friend in the spring and fall. We have a son and daughter who live within driving distance for grandkids’ sports and music concerts. Ian turns 15 soon, Maddy is 14, Kolby is 12, and Zowie is also 12 (different families).

Susan, it’s nice to see your post! I saw where Florida may get another storm so I hope it misses you. I’m glad your new med is working for you. The guys are hoping to finish the harvest before it rains (or snows). Our trees still have a lot of leaves left to fall so it will be a real mess if it rains before Bob can bag them with the mower. I have an eye appointment tomorrow and I’m hoping she will tell me it’s ok to get my license renewed.

“Gma,” I am so sorry about your sister! Will your AZ sister come for the funeral? I hope the weather holds for a safe trip. My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. Hope your lights arrive before you have to head north. I will be anxious to see a picture! You mentioned standing on a step stool to change bulbs. Not a good idea. That is how my stepmom broke her hip, she fell off!

Not much newsy is going on here today, it’s kind of quiet. Yesterday I even had the Iowa State and later the Iowa football games on TV. Both won but Iowa State was a huge upset and so fun to watch the excited fans cover the entire field afterwards. I have two of the four Christmas wish lists from the grandkids so could do a little Amazon searching. Hope you all are enjoying a nice day!

Last edited by Jean; 10-29-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #30  

Good morning to you all. I am heading out in about an hour to go and get my nails done, pick up snacks and such for the trip and take a package to the mail. I am going to head home then and get laundry in dryer, dishwasher started, the house picked up and get started packing.

Time to put away sandals for the year. We have been having to wear jackets when we go out lately so it is back to blue jeans and closed toed shoes I guess.

Sandy: I too am retired. I am a big knitter and usually have something going on with that all the time. Like I said my husband was in the Navy for 20 years and he works for the City of Memphis now doing their electronic work. We have been married 45 years next month and have two children and two grandsons, one from each. Thomas is 17 and Jackson is 10. We have lived in Memphis for 16 years.

Jean: Thanks for the kind thoughts. When I talked to my sister she said the air fares, even Southwest were really bad so I am not sure whether she is coming or not. I need to get up with her and find out. She is being cremated so no funeral just a memorial service on Thursday afternoon. We are going to stay a couple extra days to visit but that's it. Jack gets three days bereavement and with the weekend at least we don't have to rush. Hope they got their corn all finished up before the rain. Jack had to go out to the plant yesterday morning, something about the blowers and was gone about 4 hours. He is going to take them in comp time instead of overtime so will only work half day tomorrow. He came home covered in grease and dirt. They have to wear special fluorescent clothing all the time and the darn things aren't easy to clean. I am hoping the grease stains and such came out of the shirt. You can't dry them in the dryer either, but I just hang them up to dry.

Well, better get going. Have a good start to the week.